Harry Potter Fanfiction Challenges
A forum made to provide challenges for HP fanfiction writers who need inspiration, a cure for writers block or just want a challenge! We're all really really nice, not to mention insane 0.0, so come on in and join the fun! :D
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
The Last Poison Apple

Hey guys! So I bet you looked at the title and thought, "Christmas? But it's only September!"

Trust me, time will fly, and when it does, you'll be thinking, "When did Christmas sneak up on me like that?"

Well, anyway, down to business! So I was thinking, it'd be cool to have a Christmas Exchange. It's like when you go to a Christmas party, and you have to bring a gift to exchange with someone.

Getting it yet? So, for this exchange, what we'll be doing is exchanging fics for Christmas! Sound exciting to you?

Yeah? Good! Well, listen up!

Time frame:

Now till October 17th: Sign-up period

Around October 24th: Exchange details to be PM'ed out

Posting of fics: December 1st - December 25th

So, yes, you get over a month to craft a fic! I'll be sending out PMs when December starts just to remind ya'll.

Guidelines/Things to Note:

• Your fic does not have to be a one-shot. Anything's welcome, though for courtesy's sake, I'll ask that if you're going to write drabbles, please ensure it's at least a collection of 10. It could be anything from a one-shot to a 500k multi-chaptered fic (or more, if you're that ambitious), but in that case everything must be up by the 25th of December.
  • Betas are allowed.
  • This can be combined with other challenges/competitions.
  • Your fics do not have to be Christmas themed!
  • To enter, fill in the form below! Note that you should give at least three prompts, and when writing, you are expected to use at least one.
  • This is a commitment. If you're still on board when the Exchange Details PMs get sent out, I really hope you do get your piece written and posted on time!

The Form:

Pairings/Characters you like:

Things you will not write:

Requests (if any):

That's about it I guess! So, what are you waiting for? Sign up now!

9/7/2012 . Edited 11/25/2012 #1
The Last Poison Apple

1. kci47
  2. Hedwig Black
  3. Gamma Orionis
  4. ReillyJade
  5. l0stinl0ve
  6. The Original Horcrux
  7. justbeingmexoxo
  8. fabricated fantasies
  9. Fire The Canon
  10. thenewkait
  11. Cheeky Slytherin Lass
  12. TheTwoDL
  13. computer geek
  14. Dramione Forever
  15. Princess S Black
  16. ladyoftheknightly
  17. opaque-girl
  18. WeasleySeeker*
  19. Sparkling Soul
  20. zarai88
  21. Eighteen Inches
  22. MiniNerd
  23. Mrs Bella Riddle
  24. fan-freak121
  25. alicenotinwonderland
  26. MJ Valentines
  27. TrueBeliever831
  28. scifigeek10
  29. omnomnivore
  30. Charlotte Lane
  31. Think My Name Is Funny Do You
  32. Doors
  33. OnTheSideOfTheAngels
  34. Laux14
  35. Stilesque
  36. kitty132383
  37. Budapest all over again
  38. Tzadikim
  39. Kat Ducat
  40. blurred motion
  41. RubyRed.950
  42. destiels
  43. Clever Ink Slinger
  44. Dark'n'Devilish
  45. TamariChan*
  46. Ramblings Of A Deranged Mind
  47. owluvr
  48. nessieblackfan
  49. Exceeds Expectations
  50. cherryredxx
  51. littlemissreadaholic
  52. SophyWald
  53. Ralinde*
  54. winterwood11*
  55. Being A Wallflower*

Note: Underlined participants have received their presents.

A bolded asterisk (*) next to the participant's name denotes participants whose presents are currently underway.

9/7/2012 . Edited 1/18/2013 #2

Cool...I signed up for another holiday exchange, but it apparently died, so this will be good.

Pairings you like: Hermione/Severus, Ron/Luna, Luna/Neville, Ginny/Neville

Things you will not write: Anything non-con, and I prefer no next-gen but it's not a deal-breaker. Otherwise, I'll write anything.

Prompts: Mischevious mistletoe (I'm a sucker for those stories around the holidays!), another Yule Ball (or any excuse for a dance), snowball fight, reindeer or penguins at Hogwarts, ice skating, Christmas feast, the anticipation leading up to a first kiss.

Requests: I prefer fluffy, fluffy romance stories. I also prefer Hermione/Severus but I know a lot of people don't like that, so my other pairings are fine too. T or M ratings are great!

9/7/2012 . Edited 9/8/2012 #3

Awesome that you're starting this early! I can't believe we're already a week into September!

Okay so...

Pairings I like: Charlie/Katie (or anything Charlie-related would be wonderful!), Helena/Bloody Baron, Kingsley/Rosmerta, Draco/Ginny, Remus/Tonks, George/Angelina, Percy/Oliver, Neville/Victoire, Albus/Scorpius, I like character centered fics without pairings too so I'll be happy with something about Charlie!, Regulus, Sirius, Andromeda, Parvati, or Padma

I will not write: Dramione, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny (unless she's with Draco), nextgen

Prompts: whisper, dragon, accusation, regret, weird, distorted, romantic, time, borrow

9/7/2012 #4
Gamma Orionis

Pairings you like: Bellatrix/Voldemort! Draco/Luna! Rodolphus/Rabastan, Bellatrix/Lily, Lucius/Alice, Narcissa/Rodolphus, Druella/Abraxas, Luna/Voldemort, Andromeda/Rabastan

Things you will not write: Snape; Albus Severus Potter; Hermione, Harry and Ginny (except as supporting characters); Rose/Scorpius; Draco/anyone other than Luna, Luna/anyone who isn't a Slytherin.

Prompts: Silk sheets, frostbite, "Icicle" by Tori Amos, smut, bondage (either in the sexual sense, or in the figurative sense of being trapped).

9/7/2012 . Edited 9/8/2012 #5

Yay! I was hoping for a Christmas one. :) I signed up for one of these around the holidays last year, but the organizer disappeared as did half the participants, haha.

Pairings you like: Bill/Hermione (favorite!), Charlie/Hermione, George/Hermione, not-dead-Fred/Hermione, Bill/Hermione (did I mention one that already? whoops... :p)

Things you will not write: Slash/femmeslash (I'm just dreadful at it,) twin/cous/incest, next-gen except for Rose/Scorpius and Teddy/Victoire, and anything involving Neville, Cho, Luna, Crabbe, Goyle, or Snape as main characters. I also prefer not to write the Marauder & Riddle eras, but if I must, I can make an attempt. :)

Prompts: Egyptian cotton, candlelight, musty old books, ribbons, and a snowstorm that's not quite a blizzard but is bad enough to keep you indoors all day. Also, anything that warrants a T or M rating would be pretty awesome. :p

9/7/2012 #6

Pairings you like: draco/hermione; pansy/ron; lestrange brothers/hermione;

Things you will not write: ron/hermione. anything else is fair game.

Prompts: "I was so naive as a kid I used to sneak behind the barn and do nothing." or "Pains of love be sweeter far than all other pleasures are." or "Bad weather always looks worse through a window."

9/7/2012 #7
The Original Horcrux

don't do it Nayla, don't sign up!!

Hi there, I'd love to do this :)

Pairings you like: Neville/Luna, Rose/Scorpius, Dean/Parvati, Charlie/Katie, Lucy/Lysander, Ron/Hermione, Ginny/Gabrielle, Bill/Fleur, Hugo/Lorcan, Seamus/Lavender, Teddy/Victoire, Remus/Sirius, James/Lily

Things you will not write: Incest, Cousincest, Twincest, smut and crossgen. Apart from that I'm willing to give anything a try

Prompts: "I suppose in this society being male and an asshole makes you worthy of our time.", "Bunk beds are cool! It's a bed.. with a ladder!", "Wow, he came and went."{in a dirty sense}, "It's the jawline isn't it? Once you've seen it you just keep coming back for more.", "Just because you're beautiful it doesn't mean that you can treat people like they don't matter!", space, time, continuum, forest, style, ebony, amber, feather, doctor.

9/7/2012 #8

Pairings I like: Draco/Hermione, Ginny/Blaise, Hermione/Fred, Hermione/George, One sided Percy/Hermione, One sided Snape/Lily, James/Lily

Things I won't write: Slash/femmeslash, twin/cous/incest,Smut, cross-gen, Founders Era, and Riddle's Era.

Prompts: Red Roses, "Murder is only red rum backwards", American Pop Culture Music, Snow, horses, "It hurts to love someone and not be loved in return, but it hurts a damn lot worse to love someone and never grew the balls to tell them."

9/7/2012 . Edited 9/7/2012 #9
fabricated fantasies

Pairings you like: AlbusII/Lucy, Dominique/Lucy/AlbusII, Rose/Scorpius, Romilda/Demelza/Michael, Teddy/Victoire, Lavender/Seamus, JamesII/Teddy, Roxanne/Dominique, Blaise/Parvati, basically anything with next-gen and/or minor characters :)

Things you will not write: Harry, Hermione, Ron, Snape or Draco as main characters; and I'm terrible at smut so let's put that on there too

Prompts: separation, gift, gingerbread houses, "Goodbye Love" from the RENT soundtrack, lipstick stains

9/7/2012 #10
Fire The Canon

Pairings you like: Ron/Hermione, Rose/Scorpius, Lavender/Seamus, Draco/Astoria, Neville/Hannah, Padma/Crabbe, Padma/anybody, Luna/Rolf, I'm cool with anything canon also, Ron/Rose (father daughter) or anything family related.

Things you will not write: Draco/Hermione, Harry/Hermione romance (friendship I can do), slash/femsslash, because I kinda suck at it, Hermione/anyone but Ron (if it's romance), Ron/anyone but Hermione.

Prompts: Any or all Colbie Caillat songs, after the war, "The day I stop learning and loving is the day I die".

Requests: I adore fluffy parent/child fics (preferably with next-gen kids), fluff, post-war, fluff and fluff.

9/7/2012 . Edited 9/9/2012 #11

Sweet this sounds great!!

Pairings you like: Any pairing really...I do like Hermone/Draco or Hermione/Fred OR George and Ginny/Harry or Ginny/Seamus or James/Lily or Teddy/Dom

Things you will not write: slash, femmeslash, incest or any of it's derivatives, and I'm no good at smut

Prompts: any song (youtube is my friend), flowers, or colors

9/7/2012 #12
Cheeky Slytherin Lass
Pairings you like: Luna/Cho, Dean/Luna, Andromeda/Lily, Lorcan/Lucy, Percy/Penelope, Percy/Oliver, Remus/Sirius, McGonagall/Sprout, Lucius/Lily , and Narcissa/Marlene Things you will not write: Founders, anything with Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, or Draco. Prompts: forgiven, counting stars, butterflies, "The stars, too, they tell of spring returning."- Spring Awakening, "The thrill is in the chase, never in the capture."- Agatha Christie, doubt, lost, and keeping secrets. Though, obviously, not all need to be used.
9/7/2012 #13

The Form:

Pairings you like: Ron/Hermione, Severus/Lily, Andromeda/Ted, Remus/Tonks, anything canon really....

Things you will not write: Non Canon, founders, next-gen.

Prompts: stars, "Look,---" close , door, mistletoe, GENRE: Friendship. (You don't have to use all- only what you want :))

9/7/2012 #14
computer geek

Pairings: Anything canon, Fred/Hermione or George/Hermione

Will not do: Anything smutty, incest, or fem!slash, Marauders gen, or next gen

Prompts: A Christmas shock, a unique Christmas present, snowball fight, Hogwarts, their couples' flat, the Burrow

Are you choosing the pairing and prompt/s, or do we (the author) get to choose?

9/7/2012 . Edited 9/7/2012 #15
Dramione Forever

The Form:

Pairings you like: Draco/Hermione, Ron/Hermione, Blaise/Pansy, Blaise/Astoria, Oliver/Katie, Seamus/Lavender, Dominique/Teddy, Neville/Luna, Theo/Daphne, Oliver/Hermione.

Things you will not write: Founders, Slash, Femmeslash, Incest etc.

Prompts: Roses, Bitter wind, Snow, Mistletoe, Kiss, "I Love You", Present, Necklace, Wish, Snowball , Proposal Genre: Romance. You don't have to use all of these only some just trying to give a wide variety for anyone writing.

9/7/2012 #16

The Form:

Pairings you like: Hermione/Kingsley, Hermione/Oliver W, Hermione/Marcus F

Things you will not write: Cannon Pairings. I like to mix pairings up.

Prompts: I just ask that its Post Hogwarts.

9/7/2012 #17
The Last Poison Apple

Woah! I see response :D I'll add you guys ASAP!

9/7/2012 #18
The Last Poison Apple

@computer geek They'll be assigned and PM'ed to you :)

9/7/2012 #19
The Last Poison Apple

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention: you can make requests. Like genre requests, or requests for fluff etc. Just pop it in a reply.

9/7/2012 #20

Ooh, I'd love to sign up :)

Pairings you like: Literally anything canon, but especially: James/Lily; Ron/Hermione; Bill/Fleur; Teddy/Victoire; Rose/Scorpius; Harry/Ginny and Neville/Hannah. I also love family/friendship platonic relationships so if you wanted to write a Weasley family fic, I'd love you forever.

Things you will not write: I'll write anything at all except: (cous)incest; Harry and/or Draco/Hermione; student/teacher pairing. Literally anything else is fine!

Prompts: decorating a Christmas tree; Celestina Warbeck; crackers; snow; mince pies; paper chains; "Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas." - Peg Bracken; "Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love!" - Hamilton Wright Mabie

9/8/2012 . Edited 9/8/2012 #21
The Last Poison Apple

I'll add you right away!

9/8/2012 #22
computer geek
Okay :3 Also, could mine be in the golden trios time? Thanks :D
9/8/2012 #23

Pairings/Characters you like: Draco/Ginny, Marcus/Katie, Lily/Scorpius

Things you will not write: Eh let's see - femmslash, slash, anything against Lily/Scorpius or Draco/Ginny, Hufflepuffs, Hermione, Ron, Harry, Incest

Prompts: Divination, Pride & Prejudice, Friendship, Fairytale

Requests (if any): Something realistic, gritty - something that makes me feel the emotions rather than just words - make me feel anything - love, sadness, bitterness. Hogwarts Era please :) Nothing post-hogwarts though it can continue. Happy Ending :)

9/8/2012 #24

Ugh, I so wasn't going to sign myself up for anything else but who can say no to a Christmas exchange? :)

Pairings you like: Ron/Hermione, Rose/Scorpius, Ted/Andromeda, Bellatrix/Voldemort, Remus/Tonks, Katie/Oliver

Things you won't write: Anything that breaks up Ron/Hermione or Rose/Scorpius (hardcore OTPs :P), incest or cousincest. I'd prefer no (femme)slash, simply because I've never written it before, but I'm willing to give it a go if necessary. :)

Prompts: fairy lights, log fire, reconciliation, happily ever after, desperate, shivers, comfort. (obviously you don't have to use all of them xD)

9/8/2012 #25
Before I sign up, I just want to make sure that I'll have the whole of November to write for this, correct?
9/8/2012 #26
Hey! I'd like to join! Pairings/characters I like: Remus/Sirius (OTP), Ron/Hermione, Draco/Harry, Draco/Hermione, Rose/Scorpius, Dominique/Roxanne (each of these characters apart are also big favourites), the Weasley twins, Luna, Neville, Tonks, McGonagall, Snape, Blaise Zabini, Fabian and Gideon Prewett, James I, Lily I, the Malfoys, Bellatrix, Regulus Things I won't write: non- or dubcon, crossgen, incest (cousincest is fine), rape/abuse/suicide, anything that splits Wolfstar up, Harry/Hermione (romance), Ron with anyone but Hermione Prompts (just pick freely, I'm really just writing down whatever crosses my mind): (fem)slash, mistletoe, Yule Ball, Secret Santa, (improper use of) candy canes, chocolate, bondage with ribbons, romance, friendship, humor, angst, drama. hurt/comfort, fluff, smut, carolling, music, "Baby It's Cold Outside", "Need You Now" by Lady Antebellum, "Do You Take It?" by the Wet Spots (only for those willing to write smut, but it's a really funny song), "Everybody told me love was blind, then i saw your face and you blew my mind." (Lucky Ones-Lana Del Rey) Requests: Preferably some kind of romance, and if possible, situated at Hogwarts. I also welcome (fem)slash :-)
9/8/2012 #27

Hi, i would like to participate, too.

Filled Form:

Pairings/Characters you like: Draco/Harry, Draco/Luna

Things you will not write: incest

Prompts: dust, laughter

9/8/2012 #28

Hi, i would like to participate, too.

Filled Form:

Pairings/Characters you like: Draco/Harry, Draco/Luna

Things you will not write: incest

Prompts: dust, laughter

9/8/2012 #29
no cure for crazy

Well, I've never done one of these before, so why not give it a try?

Pairings/Characters you like: Ron/Hermione, Remus/Tonks, Bill/Fleur, Teddy/Victoire, Rose/Scorpius, Andromeda/Ted, Oliver/Katie, Seamus/Lavender, Molly/Arthur, Harry/Ginny.

Things you will not write: Femslash/slash, insest of any kind, cross-gen, Dramione, Harmione(but I will write friendship), smut

Prompts: snow, ice, coca, tea, gingerbread, candle, memories, any Lady Antebellum song( Cause they're awesome and all :P)

9/8/2012 . Edited 9/29/2012 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Megsy42 Fire The Canon, dimitrisgirl18, Gamma Orionis, autumn midnights, silver-nightstorm, AlwaysPadfoot, Schermionie, thegirlofcrazy
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member