Harry Potter Fanfiction Challenges
A forum made to provide challenges for HP fanfiction writers who need inspiration, a cure for writers block or just want a challenge! We're all really really nice, not to mention insane 0.0, so come on in and join the fun! :D
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
AlwaysPadfoot

The 'Stretch Your Limits' Competition

AlwaysPadfoot

As usual I'm procrastinating doing my college work and have decided one making a little competition for you guys. So without further ado I welcome you to the 'Stretch Your Limits' Competition.

On the 1st, 11th and 21st of every month at 2pm GMT I'm going to post four 'challenges': EASY, MEDIUM, HARD and KILLER. Obviously, they will go up in difficulty in the form of extra constraints as shown in the example below:

EASY - Write a fic about (Insert name/genre/emotion/etc). No constraints.

MEDIUM - Write a fic about (Insert names) first kiss. You must use one prompt.

HARD - (Insert Name) had a friend once too. You must use one prompt. You write at least (insert number) words.

KILLER - Write about (insert name/s) relations. You must use a prompt. You write at least (insert number) words. The main genre has to be (insert genre).

The constraints will vary as will the challenge. I will provide prompts :)

You don't have to sign up every 'round' just to ones you want but you must sign up if your entry is to be counted for the competition. It's simple all you have to do is sign up and post your drabble/oneshot/first chapter before I give you the next round. Any fics written after will still be posted in the entries thread but will not be counted for the competition.

I cannot promise that I will review everything - I'm so bad at keeping track of things.

Prizes

Winners will be posted on the 5th, 15th and 25th of each month (depending on the number of entries I have to read).

Winner: 3 Reviews

Honourable Mention: 1 Review (Will not always be awarded)

Anybody who sticks around for 15 consecutive rounds gets a special drabble written just for them :)

Rules

• Combinations are allowed.
  • No WIP or prewritten fics are allowed.
  • Any rating is allowed.
  • Prompts can only be changed twice.
  • There is no reason why you cannot have other pairings and genres in your fic so long as the ones given to you are the main ones.
  • You can sign up to all levels if you like.

If you have any questions let me know - knowing me I've left something vital out :P

GOOD LUCK :)

11/11/2012 . Edited 1/1/2013 #1
AlwaysPadfoot

Rounds and Entrants

Round 1 (11th November 2012 - 21st November 2012)

• EASY - Write a fic about love. No constraints.
  • MEDIUM - Write a fic about Sirius' first loss. You must use one prompt.
  • HARD - Tom Riddle had a friend once too. You must use one prompt. You write at least 500 words.
  • KILLER - Write about Hermione and Victor's relationship. You must use a prompt. You write at least 1000 words. The main genre has to be Hurt Comfort.

*_o00o_*

Entrants

Easy -

Medium -

Hard -

Killer -

*_o00o_*

Winners

Easy - destiels with to feel alive again

Medium - MissingMommy with Hidden In The Shadows

Hard - Avelin with Reminiscence

Killer - NO WINNER

Round 2 (21st November 2012 - 1st December 2012)

• EASY - Write a Time-travel Centric Fic. No Constraints.
  • MEDIUM - Write about a Ravenclaw. You must write over 500 words.
  • HARD - Write about the first or second wizarding war. Your Genre must be tragedy. You must write over 750 words.
  • KILLER - Write something Next-Gen using the characters Fredii and Jamesii. Your genre must be humour. You must take a quote prompt from me. You must write 1500 plus.

*_o00o_*

Entrants

Easy -

Medium -

Hard -

Killer -

*_o00o_*

Winners

Easy - NO WINNER

Medium - TBD

Hard - Avelin with Shards of Sanity

Killer - indigo colored rain with Inspiration

Round 3 (1st December 2012 - 11th December 2012)

• EASY - Write about/from the perspective of Draco Malfoy. No Constraints.
  • MEDIUM - Write about a Canon Relationship Break-up. You must write over 1000 words
  • HARD - Write a letter. You must write over 300 words. You must take a pairing (platonic or romantic) from me.
  • KILLER - Write that Prologue/First Chapter of the Multi-Chap that you've been meaning to start OR start one! For the latter choice you must fill out the form below, bolding the choices you would prefer:

Pairing / Character

Het / Slash / Femmeslash / Incest / Cousincest / Same-Gen / Cross-Gen

Founders Era / TomRiddleJR Era / Marauders Era / Trio Era / Next-Gen Era / Other Era

Light Characters / Dark Characters / Well Known Characters / Semi Known Characters / Little Known Characters / Unknown Characters / OCs / Different Houses / Same Houses

Adventure / Angst / Drama / Family / Friendship / Horror / Humour / HurtComfort / Romance / Tragedy

Canon / Fanon

*_o00o_*

Entrants

Easy -

Medium -

Hard -

Killer -

*_o00o_*

Winners

Easy -

Medium -

Hard -

Killer -

Round 4 (11th December 2012 - 31st December 2012)

• EASY - Write about 'star-crossed lovers'. No Constraints.
  • MEDIUM - Write about a Suicide. You must write over 500 words
  • HARD - Write a list. You must write over 300 words. You must take a prompt from me
  • KILLER - Write about a character or pairing that I give you. Please fill in the form below. You must take the first line and the title from me.

Pairing / Character

Het / Slash / Femmeslash / Incest / Cousincest / Same-Gen / Cross-Gen

Founders Era / TomRiddleJR Era / Marauders Era / Trio Era / Next-Gen Era / Other Era

Light Characters / Dark Characters / Well Known Characters / Semi Known Characters / Little Known Characters / Unknown Characters / OCs / Different Houses / Same Houses

Adventure / Angst / Drama / Family / Friendship / Horror / Humour / HurtComfort / Romance / Tragedy

Canon / Fanon

*_o00o_*

Entrants

Easy -

Medium -

Hard -

Killer -

*_o00o_*

Winners

Easy -

Medium -

Hard -

Killer -

Round 5 (1st January 2012 - 11th January 2012)

• EASY - Write about/from the perspective of a Next-Gen Character. No Constraints.
  • MEDIUM - Write about a Teacher at Hogwarts. You must write over 1000 words
  • HARD - Write Romance. You must write over 1500 words. You must take a pairing from my profile page. :p
  • KILLER - Write about a Halloween that had life changing alterations. Do not write Halloween 1981. You must use the prompts: Umbrella and Anger. You must write over 100words.

*_o00o_*

Entrants

Easy -

Medium -

Hard -

Killer -

*_o00o_*

Winners

Easy -

Medium -

Hard -

Killer -

11/11/2012 . Edited 1/14/2013 #2
whirlwinds of watercolours

I'm going to do hard and killer for this round, please. :)

11/11/2012 #3
AlwaysPadfoot

@Avelin - Awesome, I've added you to the list :)

11/11/2012 #4

Could I have the prompts, please? :) Or will they be given at a later time?

11/11/2012 #5
AlwaysPadfoot

@Avelin - *facepalm* Sorry totally forgot about that, of course you can:

Hard - The Library

Killer - Pressures

How's that?

11/11/2012 #6
forever lumos

I'll enter all, if you don't mind.

11/11/2012 #7
AlwaysPadfoot

@forever noxer - Of course you can enter them all. I'll add you to the list. Prompts:

Medium - Talk about taking it badly.

Hard - Liquid Luck

Killer - Letters

Hope these work for you :)

11/11/2012 #8

Thanks; they're great!

11/11/2012 #9
The Crownless Queen

Hm... Easy and Hard please :p

11/11/2012 #10
AlwaysPadfoot

@SophyWald - I'll add you to the list. Your prompt for hard is 'Hufflepuff's are good finders.'

11/11/2012 #11
The Crownless Queen

What do you mean exactly by 'write a fic about love'?

11/11/2012 . Edited 11/11/2012 #12
RegulusBlackIsAHero

I'll do medium!

Can you give me a couple prompts so I can choose one?

11/11/2012 #13
AlwaysPadfoot

@SophyWald - Its whatever you take on it - it could be a romantic fic Harry/Ginny for example, it could family love platonic relationships, it could be tragic - dying for love? Whatever you like - the possiblity's are endless :)

11/11/2012 #14
AlwaysPadfoot

@RegulusBlackIsAHero - Your prompts are: The Unknown, Firewhisky and Trust. I'll add you to the list :)

11/11/2012 #15
no cure for crazy

I'll enter with easy(:

11/11/2012 #16
AlwaysPadfoot

Excellent I'll add you now :)

11/11/2012 #17
Mrs Bella Riddle

So when you say Tom had a friend how strict are you enforcing the definition of the word 'friend'?

11/11/2012 #18
AlwaysPadfoot

I guess the loosest definition of the word would be a person who is on good terms with another; a person who is not hostile.

Hope this helps :)

11/11/2012 . Edited 11/11/2012 #19
Mrs Bella Riddle

That is fine by me then! My Tom just would never have been able to develop genuine (or at least normal) affection towards someone. In that case I'm in. I might always try easy as well too.

11/11/2012 #20
AlwaysPadfoot

Awesome I'll add you to the lists - your prompt for Hard is Crystal Clear.

11/11/2012 #21
magic doors
I'll do killer!
11/11/2012 #22
no cure for crazy

for 'write a fic about love' could it be unrequited love with jealously and things like that?

11/11/2012 #23
AlwaysPadfoot

@magic doors - Your prompt is Champion and I'll add you now :)

11/11/2012 #24
AlwaysPadfoot

@Eighteen Inches - It sure can :)

11/11/2012 #25
conquerors

I'll enter Easy, and I may enter more depending on how much I have to do this month.

Here's my entry for easy; to feel alive again

11/11/2012 . Edited 11/11/2012 #26
AlwaysPadfoot

Sure I'll add your entry to my list once I've figured the formatting :)

11/11/2012 . Edited 11/11/2012 #27
MissingMommy

Can I try Killer and Medium please?

11/11/2012 #28
Zinc13

Easy - I've done it! I was originally not planning to do this, but something came up - here you go: Forces of Darkness

Medium - I'll have it up, soon!

11/12/2012 . Edited 11/12/2012 #29
AlwaysPadfoot

@MissingMommy - Sure can :) I'll add you now

Killer - Quidditch

Medium - Finding the strength is much harder than losing it.

11/12/2012 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Megsy42 Fire The Canon, dimitrisgirl18, Gamma Orionis, autumn midnights, silver-nightstorm, AlwaysPadfoot, Schermionie, thegirlofcrazy
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member