Legendary Muses
Legendary Pokemon Shippers, gather for a discussion of sharing ideas, voicing your opinions on certain ships and other things that have to do with the awesomeness that is Legendary Pokemon shipping.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
SilverUmbra

Discuss Godmodeshipping, or the pairing of Giratina and Arceus.

Such as personality...

Genders...

Love it/hate it?

Reaction to each other?

Etc.

6/26/2008 #1
Shiny Hunter

I absolutely ADORE this shipping!!! xD

I don't know why this is one of my favorites, ranking somewhere in between second and third, but it's just.... awesome. There, I explained it. It's... just... awesome!!!

When I actually first saw Giratina I was staring at it for hours... until my mom told me to put away the Pokemon magazine my grandpa gave me from Japan. xD I mean, come on! Who wouldn't love a sadistic looking dragon thing?

However, Arceus was a different story. When I first saw her (Yep... she's a she to me) I couldn't believe that that horse/dog was the creator of all Pokemon. Really. It just didn't fit for me. That was until I saw how much damage Arceus could do.

So... yeah... I don't know how this rant is telling why/how I like it, but I just do.

Case closed xD

6/29/2008 #2
SilverUmbra

It's really fun to do, just because of the contrast between the two.

I make Arceus a female and Giratina a male for some odd reason I can't quite explain, but either way it's always fun to read. At first, I wasn't sure how to react to both of them, to be honest. Eh, they started to grow on me, I guess.

Maybe because one takes care of hell and the other takes care of heaven? It only makes you wonder what would happen if they switched jobs for a day/week... That'd be fun to write, actually!

6/30/2008 #3
KotORPlayerVII

ok, this isn't on my "shipping list of teh uberness" (pardon the annoying chat-speak) but it's alright. a lot better than... know what? i won't say what i was going to. it's not nice. Although i much prefer creationshipping (although i'm currently mental-duelling between it and dreamshipping. lightsabers and large explosions... i digress) i can take godmodeshipping without problems.

If I have to throw genders around, I think Giratina's the female, and Arceus is the Male. Well, that's because i find it much funnier with Arceus and Akatosh fighting when there's no gender difference, but hey, i'm getting distracted. AGAIN.

anyways, i'd love to stick around more, but i don't know how long this blasted internet connection's going to hold out, and i have other shippings to rave about. (minus dracoshipping. i can't exactly talk too calmly about it, and i'm liable to get knocked around with the banhammer if i try.)

6/30/2008 #4
Goldeneye101

Reply to Silverumbra:

Maybe because one takes care of hell and the other takes care of heaven? It only makes you wonder what would happen if they switched jobs for a day/week... That'd be fun to write, actually!

I think you should do that one, I could help, or even do the oneshot!

Anyways, I like this because, well, it's different. I use Arceus to act like she's perfect, though has "flaws" that nobody sees. I made Giratina as the calm one that sees these "flaws" when the two have to live together XD

6/30/2008 #5
Attila12

Read The Apprenticeship and Live Life to the Fullest to truely understand how I feel about this beloved shipping.

I love it. Arceus is always female. She is calm, perfectionistic, smart, and powerful. She doesn't take crap from anybody. While she seems strong and tough on the outside, she's actually kinda insecure on the inside.

Giratina is always male. He is a joker. A goofball. He loves to prank and tease, especially Arceus. He openly flirts and is very determined, but she is having none of it. Poor renegade dragon. *pat pat* He also has a wise, caring side to him that not too many people get to see.

Attila

6/30/2008 #6
Glory For Sleep

Wow, am I like the only one who writes Arceus as a male? O.o

Huh, ah well, that's okay, he just always seemed like a male to me, you know?

Anyway, I usually write Arceus as intolerant to arrogant and/or childish acts. He's very elegant and proud, always showing his serious side and, when he is caring, he's very soft and understanding. He tends to be stressed because of his role as God, but he always finds time to listen to the other Legendaries when they need guidance.

Giratina, on the other hand, is gothic and a loner. She's sarcastic half the time, alwyas listening to gothic rock and screamo music, appearing to be more younger at heart than Arceus is, although her role as guardian of the Underworld's gateway has driven her to be more used to isolation and having to live alone. She has a personal fued with Arceus since he's the one who gave her the depressing task, but, in the end, he's always there to comfort her and to apologize for the millionth time, and the sole fact that he has the patience to do that is what inspired feelings for him to grow within her. She happens to have the magical ability to actually make Arceus stutter over his words, blush, and appear happy, which is a sight that happens once in a blue moon.

Well, that's how I write 'em. I hope to get started on What the Hell soon, but I'm striving to get started on Legendaries: The Musical after Nine in the Afternoon and Skyway Avenue is finished.

6/30/2008 #7
Lunar Wings

This is one of those... tentative shippings of mine. Like, I'm intrigued by it, but I'm not fully sold on it yet for one reason or another. :P

I've noticed that people usually make Arceus the female and Giratina the male (presumably because they can't see Giratina as female, which is how I've seen it explained), which is cute, but I tend to see it the other way around. Mainly because of the RP I play in - the legendaries all have human forms, and Giratina's is a tiny, cute little girl thing which makes for some epic lulz, and Arcy's like, a total player (kinda like the Greek god Zeus).

It's especially funny because they're completely oblivious as to who they are when in human form. Normally they flat-out hate each other and Giratina's all like SHADOW FOOOOOORCE and stuff at the mere mention of Arceus' name, and yet when they turn into humans Arcy's all "hay bb ;D" and Tina's like "ffffff do not want D:".

It's really kind of hilarious, and that's probably how I'd write the pairing if I wrote it. XD

7/11/2008 . Edited 7/11/2008 #8
GoldenRaptor

Again I see Arceus as male, but if I wrote this I'd make him female. I find it pretty weird that alot of people like to make Garitna silly, I thought I was the only one! If wrote this shipping, I'd of course make Garitina his usually silly self and Arceus on the other hand I'd make very serious and powerful. She doesn't like Garitinas playful antics, sort of like in Attila's Live life to the Fullest, that was a beatiful fic, if you haven't read it you should. Anyway, I think they don't get along at first because of personality diffrences, but Arceus warms up to Garitina eventually.

7/23/2008 . Edited 7/23/2008 #9
Attila12

Thanks GoldenRaptor! :D Anyway, this may be a spoiler but the next chapter of The Apprenticeship will probably be entirely Giratina, Arceus and their apprentice's day in the city. Now all I need to do is find that deserter called inspiration. She always leaves the second I need her. WHY INPIRATION?!? WHY DO YOU HATE ME?!?!? TT_TT

Attila

7/23/2008 #10
sxiz

I view Arceus as a childlike god sealed away because it can't control its powers. Giratina though, is mature and wise and can help it learn. Kind of cool how they're the creation and death Pokemon, I wonder if they could ever be together or would it destroy the world? ;O

10/5/2008 #11
CellarDoor96

Oh my... It appears someone has sort of taken my idea. o_o;

I made Arceus just be the first being, and he split into the six parts, Giratina, Palkia, Dialga, Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf. After he brought the Psychic Trio into existence and gave sentience to living creatures, Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina had Regigigas seal him away for interfering in the balance of nature.

Giratina is very ghost-like and grave and stuff. But in my canonity, they're both males, so yeah.

10/5/2008 #12
GoldenRaptor

Wow sxiz, that is an intresting thought... I've never looked at it that way... it's cool though! ;D

10/7/2008 #13
Attila12

Well, this is now officially my favorite shipping. I think I'm gonna write another oneshot for it soon. It's gonna be a songfic using "Whispers in the Dark" by Skillet. An awesome song that perfectly fits an awesome pairing. How awesome is that?

Attila

10/11/2008 #14
Pikachu247

I can't believe I haven't posted in this thread yet...Oh well, I guess it's a start...

Well, there isn't much to say, since I've already said that this is my current OTP (which will probably not change for awhile) (and for those wondering, OTP stands for Own True Pairing, basically your favorite pairing.).

In my POV, Giratina is the male who likes to chatter a lot, crushing over the goddess every now and then, while Arceus is the horribly annoyed female that is desperate to get rid of her counterpart, yet they still end up together. One of my number 1 lines, is of course: "Opposites Attract." even though it doesn't belong to me, it's one of my favorites. Now, that's pretty much it in a nutshell.

~Pikachu247

10/20/2008 #15
Attila12

I made a list of songs that I think fit this shipping well. ^^

"Whispers in the Dark"- Skillet

"I Can't Help Falling in Love"- A-teens

"Take a Chance on Me"- A-teens

"You Don't Have to be Afraid"- Midnight Panic

"Your Eyes"- Xscape

"Hopelessly Devoted to You"- Less Than Jake

"Crazy Little Thing Called Love"- Rihanna

"I Can Wait Forever"- Simple Plan

"Gimme a Chance"- Plain White T's

"Hey There Delilah"- Plain White T's

"Because You Live"- Jessie McCartney

"What a Girl Wants"- Christina Aguilera

"I Wanna be Your Man"- Keith Urban

"Miss Independent"- Kelly Clarkson

"You Found Me"- Kelly Clarkson

"I Turn to You"- Christina Aguilera

"Hear Me"- Kelly Clarkson

"I am Free"- Mariah Carey

"I Wanna be There"- Blessid Union of Souls

"Let me be the One"- Blessid Union of Souls

"My Friend"- Blessid Union of Souls

Attila

11/6/2008 #16
Glory For Sleep

Anything by Falling Up also fits, too. :D

11/6/2008 #17
Attila12

I looked them up. They're cool and all, but that's just not how I percieve the two. (shrugs) Oh, well. Everyone has different tastes! :P

Attila

11/6/2008 #18
Glory For Sleep

Wha? As in the band?

-shrug-

Since their music is sorta religious, I thought it would work. I dunno...

Hehe. xD

11/6/2008 #19
GoldenRaptor

I love alot of these songs, but I haven't even heard of some. That's where the beaty of google comes in... ahhh sweet, sweet google.

"Miss Independent" by Kelly Clarkson really stood out to me, especially cause when I picture Arceus as a female, that's one of the songs I see for her! Yay, awesome minds think alike! (glomsp) ^_^

11/6/2008 #20
Attila12

You're the person who pointed the song out to me in the first place, GR! ^^ Thanks for that, btw.

I don't think of them as 'gods' like some do. Just the protectors of the Earth. -is bricked-

Attila

11/6/2008 #21
GoldenRaptor

Ur welcome! ^_^

Hmm, where did that come from? (is shot)

11/6/2008 #22
Glory For Sleep

I don't think of them as 'gods' like some do. Just the protectors of the Earth. -is bricked-

Hmm...kinda like Captain Planet and the Planiteers?

OOH! OOH! Parody idea! 8D

11/6/2008 #23
Goldeneye101

Groudon: EARTH!

Entei: FIRE!

Suicune: WIND!

Kyogre: WAT- Groudon, don't touch me.

Mew: HEART!

Arceus: ...By your powers combined... blah-blah-blah... *glomped by Groudon*

11/6/2008 #24
CellarDoor96

Yeah, that's what I think, too.

11/6/2008 . Edited 11/6/2008 #25
carpfish

I don't see them as either. I see them as the bosses of the world. Groudon the boss of land, Kyogre boss of the ocean etc etc. And the Captain Planet song scares me... -spasms-

11/6/2008 #26
alhatton

GiratinaxArceus m/f????????? i think it ok. my guess that all. of course it look like dealt and god as matches? ok that cool

12/29/2008 #27
GoldenRaptor

To me, Giratina is one of the most epic pairings EVAH, but it's slightly overused. D:

12/29/2008 . Edited 12/29/2008 #28
alhatton

well umm. good question @GR, i can be agree with you about giratina. well one thing about if giratina love arceus so he could use that normal form or use origion form if arceus like one of his form

12/29/2008 #29
GoldenRaptor

I like his normal form, but meh, maybe Arceus has a thing for giant serpant thingeis?

Rayquaza: ^_^

Girainta: *drags Rayquaza away*

NUUU Giratina don't kill meh Rayquaza!!!! :O

12/29/2008 . Edited 12/29/2008 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: SilverUmbra The Dragon Lover, Sgt.Shank, Blazing Sceptile, Attila12
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member