The Domain
The price of citizenship is still, to some extent, your personal freedom.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »
Smart Aleckette

I learned that milk-flavoured chocolate bunnies are not as disgusting as they sound. -nodnod-

4/12/2009 #121
Ky-lassassin

Today I learned that Julia loves the Plot Bunny thread and that I'm not allowed to lock it. :K

4/13/2009 #122
Silver-hair Angel

That spamming is against the rules. Like, seriously. XD

4/13/2009 #123
eliska

...That American translations of manga just fail.

4/14/2009 #124
Ky-lassassin

Jesse McCartney acts. o.0;;

4/14/2009 #125
eliska

Guys can get hard over reading smut.

o0;;

[/totally had nothing to do with it]

4/15/2009 #126
eliska

I've heard of the book secondhand, but what I have heard is enough to piss me off. It's great that it gets people to accomplish things, heal, whatever. It's great that they can move on through willpower. It's great that they feel better about themselves and all of that shit, but the message...its undertones...it seems kind of...insulting. If you get a cold that you can't shake, it's your fault for not having the right mindset. If you have a piece-of-shit left eye, it's your fault for believing that the eye is bad. If something falls apart and there's nothing you can do to make things better, it's your fault for not wanting it enough.

That's just disgusting.

[/breaking thread's rules]

o0;;

We're uh... watching that movie for English now. And the teacher expects us to... love it, 'cause she does. If we don't, our grades will... nuuu~ -dies-

[/totally not breaking the rules]

4/17/2009 #127
Broken Gold

I learned that my drunk friends should stop calling me when they're, well, drunk.

4/18/2009 #128
Ky-lassassin

Today I learned what a metafic was.

Sort of.

Okay, not really.

:D

4/20/2009 #129
Jon Stewart

We're uh... watching that movie for English now. And the teacher expects us to... love it, 'cause she does. If we don't, our grades will... nuuu~ -dies-

-flail- Then don't listen to me!

Today I learned what a metafic was.

...A what? -Googles-

Oh. I learned that, too. :D

4/21/2009 #130
eliska

Today I learned that my crush was overweight in junior high school, sixth and seventh grades. 200lb. When he came to our grade [he got dropped down one grade for some reason] in eighth grade, he weighed 160lb.

WHY CAN'T I DO THAT TOO :K

4/21/2009 #131
Yojimbo41

I learned that only mods can create topics in this forum. What's with that anyway?

I also learned that I hate page-long ads that circumvent ad blockers and take over your internet browser. OK, I already knew that. Works completely the opposite for me; I will check out the ad so I can take note of the name of the advertiser and remind myself never to buy their products/services. There's absolutely nothing more annoying than waiting 30 seconds to post that new addition or edit to my story until the Outer Limits returns control of my browser to me.

Yes, this would've been a separate topic if not for the iron hand of the Domain. And I know exactly what the response will be. All I have to say to that is, don't tempt me.

4/21/2009 . Edited 4/21/2009 #132
mutemockingjay

Hey, we're cool with you being here and all or whatever. We don't bite.

Personally, I find it sort of annoying when you make assumptions like this, though:

Yes, this would've been a separate topic if not for the iron hand of the Domain. And I know exactly what the response will be. All I have to say to that is, don't tempt me.

4/21/2009 #133
Yojimbo41

I've seen way too many forum discussions not to know how many people's minds work on the 'net. I was simply beating them to the punch. I guarantee you, had I not said that, it would've been one of the first responses you saw.

4/21/2009 #134
mutemockingjay

But you don't know us, so you can't judge us based on other people. I am sure that when a mod is on, she will answer your question. I would have, but I don't know the answer myself.

4/21/2009 #135
eliska

I learned that I've forgotten how good donuts taste like. D:

-munches-

4/22/2009 #136
Jon Stewart

I learned that only mods can create topics in this forum. What's with that anyway?

It's to keep random n00bs from barging in and making topics about nothing. -shrug-

Yes, this would've been a separate topic if not for the iron hand of the Domain.

"The iron hand"? -.-; Thanks, mate. We allow regs to make topics if they want to; they just need to ask me so I can take the block down. Your thread would have been deleted, and you'd have been directed to the "Pet Peeves" topic.

And I know exactly what the response will be. All I have to say to that is, don't tempt me.

What? o_0 Tempt you to what? And you'll do what if we do? -stare-

I guarantee you, had I not said that, it would've been one of the first responses you saw.

Huh? Man, I don't follow.

4/22/2009 #137
Yojimbo41

That's interesting. I did a search for 'pet peeves' among forums (because, of course, there was no such listing in any of the first few pages of forums among the 595 pages' worth). Whaddayaknow, there is one. One post and one response. Considering that my ID # is in the 1.8 millions, I find it difficult to believe that there's anything serious about referring me to a 'pet peeves' forum. I can see just how much weight you give to comments about the site.

So to address anything to those who are in authority, I have to post in the Domain, i.e., where the admins are. Since I can't create my own topic, I have to basically pick one that's somewhere, somehow connected with what I'd like to talk about...or at least one that seems to have some mod traffic. I've gotta hand it to you folks, you sure know how to make someone feel welcome, don't you?

I don't know why I expected any more, after the one time I had the audacity to offer a positive piece of advice to try to help solve an issue that I read about on the site. What I got for that was people jumping down my throat. Now I get a smart-aleck response from a mod.

So we can get beyond the ignorant act, the response I was referring to begins, "Don't let the door hit you..." Which, basically, is what I'm going to do. Color me unimpressed with the 'welcome' I've received.

Bottom line to all this, I have had nothing but positive experiences in the few forums I frequent (Writing and Watchmen forums), with one glaring exception. Guess which forum that is?

4/22/2009 #138
Cerulean City

Dude, rawr, much? -shrugs-

I learned that yesterday was Holocaust Remembrance Day. Never forget.

4/22/2009 #139
mutemockingjay

Your attitude is really starting to piss me off. Can you lay off being so arrogant?

And I know, Blake dear. Yom haSho'ah was a couple of days before that too.

4/22/2009 #140
Cerulean City

And I know, Blake dear. Yom haSho'ah was a couple of days before that too.

Isn't that like...Passover? [/Jewish!knowledge!fail]

4/22/2009 #141
Silver-hair Angel

Yojimbo, not everyone has been rude to you, and I'm a bit disappointed that you look at everyone who posts here in a bad light.

EDIT: 'Disappointed' isn't a strong enough word. Annoyed is more like it.

4/22/2009 . Edited 4/22/2009 #142
Kokoyumi

Guess which forum that is?

The oldfag is offering the newfag a piece of advice.

Arrogance and hyperbole ill becomes you.

4/22/2009 #143
Silver-hair Angel

I don't know why I expected any more, after the one time I had the audacity to offer a positive piece of advice to try to help solve an issue that I read about on the site. What I got for that was people jumping down my throat. Now I get a smart-aleck response from a mod.

I did no such thing.

4/22/2009 #144
Cerulean City

Gonna throw my two cents in, then I'm back to my comfortable neutrality.

Since I can't create my own topic, I have to basically pick one that's somewhere, somehow connected with what I'd like to talk about...or at least one that seems to have some mod traffic.

The Chat Thread would have been the easiest place, instead of being off-topic here.

And your first post, in the Problem Thread, however well-intentioned it was, was only not appreciated because you honestly didn't know what was going on. These people had been trying to solve a problem on their own, working it amongst themselves, trying to find a good solution that wouldn't end their friendships. Like I said, while it was nice to see that you had an interest, it would have been nice if you'd just stayed out of it. (Which is what I did, and I'm still here, aren't I? :D)

We are welcoming and accepting of new members, new people, new experiences. But you got off on the wrong foot, and this is only exacerbating your problems.

I'm done.

4/22/2009 #145
Jon Stewart

That's interesting. I did a search for 'pet peeves' among forums (because, of course, there was no such listing in any of the first few pages of forums among the 595 pages' worth). Whaddayaknow, there is one. One post and one response. Considering that my ID # is in the 1.8 millions, I find it difficult to believe that there's anything serious about referring me to a 'pet peeves' forum. I can see just how much weight you give to comments about the site.

We have a Pet Peeves thread in this forum. "Topic" is another word for thread. Our Pet Peeves thread is several pages long, and we've had lots of discussions about things that annoy us there.

((Edit: Found a link.

Pet Peeves ยป

It is locked. Oops! D8))

So to address anything to those who are in authority, I have to post in the Domain, i.e., where the admins are.

The admins are here? O_____0

We have forum admins, not site admins.

I have to basically pick one that's somewhere, somehow connected with what I'd like to talk about...or at least one that seems to have some mod traffic.

Yes, and we have a topic called "Pet Peeves." If it's locked, I apologize.

What I got for that was people jumping down my throat. Now I get a smart-aleck response from a mod.

No, you didn't. You got people angry with you for expecting us to jump down your throat. I informed you of our thread, a Pet Peeves thread, that would be a nice place to complain about something that really bugs you.

If you want to solve the problem about ads, you should talk to the FFnet admins (who, by the way, we're not).

Color me unimpressed with the 'welcome' I've received.

You criticized our policy on thread-making because you were unable to post your own thread (which would be deleted; we have a thread called "Pet Peeves" that would serve you well) and then accused us of being rude to you before we even responded to you.

Color me unimpressed with your judgment.

Guess which forum that is?

Ooh, I don't know! This is exciting. Is it LFE? No, no, wait: the FA! -.-;

And your first post, in the Problem Thread, however well-intentioned it was, was only not appreciated because you honestly didn't know what was going on. These people had been trying to solve a problem on their own, working it amongst themselves, trying to find a good solution that wouldn't end their friendships.

Oh, was he the one that did get people jumping down his throat? The guy with the giant post that actually had some useful content? That pissed me off. I did like what he had to say, and he didn't need people getting angry over the fact that he was just trying to participate. -.-;

4/23/2009 . Edited 4/23/2009 #146
Cerulean City

Oh, was he the one that did get people jumping down his throat? The guy with the giant post that actually had some useful content? That pissed me off. I did like what he had to say, and he didn't need people getting angry over the fact that he was just trying to participate. -.-;

Yeah, that was him (or her).

...I'm staying out of it. :D

4/23/2009 #147
Smart Aleckette

As others have said, to stop n00bs from creating topics. If you want to make one, but aren't a mod, you just ask Jenny to lift the block while you make it.

Yes, this would've been a separate topic if not for the iron hand of the Domain.

If this had been a separate topic, it would be deleted, considering you could post it in the chat thread.

And I know exactly what the response will be. All I have to say to that is, don't tempt me.

Okay, so let me get this straight; you post something on a topic, knowing full well what the response will be, then bitch at us afterward? And how do you know what our response will be, anyway? No offence, but the way you're acting now is not very endearing, my friend.

. . . Why would you enter "pet peeves" in the search engine? Those only show the forums, not the actual topics in the forum.

Since I can't create my own topic, I have to basically pick one that's somewhere, somehow connected with what I'd like to talk about...or at least one that seems to have some mod traffic.

You ask Jenny to lift the block so you can make the thread. She lifts the block. You make your thread. She blocks it again. It's not hard to figure out, y'know.

While you did offer us advice, you also insulted a couple of our members. So forgive us for being pissed at someone who has insulted friends who are more like family to us.

4/23/2009 #148
mutemockingjay

Isn't that like...Passover?

It's the Jewish version of Holocaust Remebrance Day. "Sho'ah" means Holocaust in Hebrew. I think.

Hebrew!fail.

4/23/2009 #149
Lost-Blue-Phantom

TODAY I LEARNED THAT LOZ IS A BRIT. [/mindfucked]

4/25/2009 #150
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Jon Stewart eliska, mutemockingjay, Beautiful Thief, Ky-lassassin, Qzil, How to Train Your Moosie
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member