The Domain
The price of citizenship is still, to some extent, your personal freedom.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Lei-lassassin

:)

Debate away~

2/25/2009 . Edited 2/25/2009 #1
bupperfly

i apreciate this oportunity to post the satire i wrote for AP lit.

Note From a Fanfiction Author

I love writing fanfictions. I am one of the most popular authors on the site. I get about…five thousand reviews for every story, and only about half are flames (bad reviews, if you didn’t know) My stories are all out-of-characters, alternate universes, non-canon pairings or cross-overs. They’re so original!

I also like reading fanfictions. None of them are as good as mine. I give them constructive criticism, but they never take it seriously. I also like to take their ideas and make them better, and post them as my own work. Fanfictions are my life. I’m, like, so talented that I’m going to be a best-selling author when I grow up. OMG! I’m almost done. I’m going to end this letter like I end all my fanfictions: The End. (Creative right?)

Much love, please read and review!

Mrs. Harry Potter

ok, so if that's your penname, sorry, i'm not singling you out. it was based off of someone on here, but i changed the name

I am a self-promoting fucktard, whose head is up their own arse, and I need to shut the hell up.

2/25/2009 . Edited by Lei-lassassin, 2/26/2009 #2
pippermint

i apreciate this oportunity to post the satire i wrote for AP lit.

I think you're missing the point of this thread entirely. 0_o;;

Also, it's "appreciate" and "opportunity".

2/25/2009 #3
Silver-hair Angel

...Wrong thread, wrong forum, wrong people.

2/25/2009 #4
How to Train Your Moosie

...Thread!fail, much? O___o;;

2/26/2009 #5
Lei-lassassin

*shrug*

Mem's idea. I just made it.

2/26/2009 #6
Akuta23

Lawl to your edit on the second post, Lei XD

2/26/2009 #7
Lei-lassassin

*grin*

It was obviously a troll, anyway.

So...what shall we debate about? Religion? Politics? They're the biggies~

2/26/2009 #8
bupperfly

i posted it to get people debating. i didn't even touch on half of the annoying things some authors do. it really was intended to get people talking, and hopefully, make those who have these bad habits fix them. and i realize i did not spell those words correctly, i really suck at spelling, and i admit it.

2/26/2009 #9
Lei-lassassin

And you missed your capitals.

2/26/2009 #10
bupperfly

Picky much? Who cares about capital letters? You obvioulsy haven't read many fics becasue my mistakes are not bad at all compared to othr people's

2/26/2009 #11
Smart Aleckette

Who cares about capital letters?

The people who invented grammar, maybe? Just taking a guess here. . .

2/26/2009 #12
Silent Memento

Bupperfuck, I would love for you to drink a big glass of 'shut the fucking hell up.' I am not in the mood to deal with your shit.

Did I forget to mention that you are an arrogant, attention-whoring, cock-sucking piece of shit who has no fucking idea of what grammar means? If not, I truly mean it. Sweetie, your fics are utter shit. Comparing yourself to other authors is only an elaborate way of trying to deny that your fics are shit. If you suck ass, you suck ass, and dear; you do suck at writing.

2/26/2009 . Edited 2/26/2009 #13
bupperfly

if you're not in the mood for "shit" then maybe you shouldn't be in the debate thread. and, obviously, i know that it's gramatically correct to capitalize letters, but no one follows grammar in their stories, so why should i be singled out for doing it in a forum?

2/26/2009 #14
Qzil

Picky much? Who cares about capital letters? You obvioulsy haven't read many fics becasue my mistakes are not bad at all compared to othr people's

We do. You spelt obviously, because, and other wrong.

Anyway. Religion is always something good to debate about. Very interesting.

I think I'd be good to start with the subject of school uniforms.

2/26/2009 #15
Qzil

if you're not in the mood for "shit" then maybe you shouldn't be in the debate thread. and, obviously, i know that it's gramatically correct to capitalize letters, but no one follows grammar in their stories, so why should i be singled out for doing it in a forum?

We do. Or do we count as no one?

The debate thread isn't for "shit", dearie. The thread is to debate over topics like religion, possession of weapons, legal drinking age, school uniforms, etc.

2/26/2009 #16
Silent Memento

I think I'd be good to start with the subject of school uniforms.

I don't agree with the uniform policy. I think that teens should be allowed to wear what they want. Hell, half of the 'kids' at my school do drugs, swear, etc. Who gives a fuck about a little f-bomb on a T-shirt?

2/26/2009 #17
bupperfly

fine. then, here's a good one, creationism or evolution? i have a very strange srt of beliefs, i think that whatever higher power there is caused evolution to happen.

2/26/2009 #18
Qzil

I don't agree with the uniform policy. I think that teens should be allowed to wear what they want. Hell, half of the 'kids' at my school do drugs, swear, etc. Who gives a fuck about a little f-bomb on a T-shirt?

Not to mention most school uniforms have skirts for girls and pants for only boys.

Sexist much? Not to mention cold legs in the Winter.

2/26/2009 #19
Qzil

fine. then, here's a good one, creationism or evolution? i have a very strange srt of beliefs, i think that whatever higher power there is caused evolution to happen.

That's kinda religion, too.

Science. I'm not religious.

Capitalize your I's and spell things right.

2/26/2009 #20
Smart Aleckette

Hear, hear.

2/26/2009 #21
Silent Memento

Not to mention most school uniforms have skirts for girls and pants for only boys.

Apparently, the dinosaurs that run the schools have never heard of a thing called 'suffrage.'

As for evolution from a cosmic coincidence compared to spawning from a rib, I'd say that the former sounds much more plausible than the latter. I'm not one to believe in anything supernatural, except spirits.

2/26/2009 #22
Broken Gold

...My school doesn't even have a dress code. XDD

2/26/2009 #23
Silver-hair Angel

I actually think that uniforms are nice, but it could do with some relaxing. Like, wear the uniform short and jeans. Stuff like that.

In my high school, uniforms helped to keep stray kids out. And while they still snuck in regardless, it would have been harder to nail them if everyone was wearing street clothes.

2/26/2009 #24
bupperfly

You've only read my fics, which are old, and were written really quickly. If you want to read something good of mine, read my novel or one of my CAPP (it's a cooperative enrolment language class) papers. I do know grammar, I'm the editor-in-chief of my school paper. I just don't like to take the exta effort to spell-check my forum posts. So what if i make typos, everyone does it, and honestly, i don't appreciate your swearing, it's unnessesarry and some people find it offensive. If you want to insult me, have the guts and the class to do it eloquently instead of using swear words, which have no effect on me.

2/26/2009 #25
Qzil

Get. The. Fuck. Out.

Clear enough?

2/26/2009 #26
Ky-lassassin

@Bupper: Unfortunately for you, dear, one of the rules of this forum is to use proper grammar. You've been informed numerous times to capitalize your I's and such, and if you don't stop causing trouble, we'll have to ban your sorry ass.

2/26/2009 #27
painted.inkblot

Agreeing with everyone else.

Also, I think that the editor-in-chief of a school paper should, you know, have good spelling skills. It's one of those things that's pretty important to being an editor. Just a bit.

2/26/2009 #28
pippermint

I do know grammar, I'm the editor-in-chief of my school paper.

Shouldn't that be a semi-colon? I'm normally not one to nitpick about these things, but the irony here is killing me. -_-

---

To stay somewhat on-topic, I think that school uniforms have their pros and cons. My school doesn't have uniforms, and a lot of people there base a lot of their perceptions of others behind how they dress. Uniforms might standardize the clothes, but people will always find some way to judge a book by its cover. Then again, maybe it wouldn't be as easy to judge.

I don't put much weight in "expressing individuality". It's not like we're in school 24/7, and there are other ways to be creative.

Ugh. Forgot about that. Okay, if we're allowed to wear pants, I stand by my above statements. Wearing a skirt every day would suck.

2/26/2009 #29
Kokoyumi

You've only read my fics, which are old, and were written really quickly. If you want to read something good of mine, read my novel or one of my CAPP (it's a cooperative enrolment language class) papers. I do know grammar, I'm the editor-in-chief of my school paper. I just don't like to take the exta effort to spell-check my forum posts. So what if i make typos, everyone does it, and honestly, i don't appreciate your swearing, it's unnessesarry and some people find it offensive. If you want to insult me, have the guts and the class to do it eloquently instead of using swear words, which have no effect on me.

You're not very amusing. Please, I believe that you, even with your minimal facilities, are able to see that your conduct is unbecoming. If my cohorts take umbrage with your attitude, demonstrated posting ability or lack thereof, or any other of the numerous, offensive items with which they choose to recognize, you may be certain that they do exist. Your quality is lacking, and you demonstrating a deliberate quality of ignorance that is unappreciated on this forum, in general.Your excuse of laziness does not stand up to the scrutiny of the moderators(Infra) of this forum. Until you have reformed your lackluster abilities, and improved what minimal facilities that you may, cease posting here.

A moderator is a person who is tasked by the administrator for the enforcement of rules on this forum. It is found, on this occasion, that the moderator(s) have found you lacking.

2/26/2009 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Jon Stewart eliska, mutemockingjay, Beautiful Thief, Ky-lassassin, Qzil, How to Train Your Moosie
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member