The Domain
The price of citizenship is still, to some extent, your personal freedom.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »
Jon Stewart

BUT BUT BUT. THE SPAM. D8

NOT MY CHOICE! D8 MY MOTHER PICKED THE DATES. >.<

7/3/2009 . Edited 7/3/2009 #211
How to Train Your Moosie

I think that, especially because Jenny's leaving in a few days, it's very important that we clarify exactly what needs to be done on the Twelfth. It's crucial that there's no confusion over what needs to be done when we've only got twenty-four hours to do it. If somebody could correct me if I'm wrong, please? Here we go....

--

WHAT HAPPENS ON SUNDAY, JULY 12, 2009

- Thread #1 is created as early as possible, pinned, and left unlocked.

- Thread #2 is created, left unpinned, and locked.

- Thread #3 is created, left inpinned, and locked.

- Thread #4 is created, left unpinned, and locked by Qzil.

- Thread #5 is created, left unpinned, and locked.

- Thread #6 is created, left unpinned, and locked.

- Thread #7 is created, left unpinned, and locked.

- A New Regs Thread is created, pinned, and locked by Kyota.

- As soon as Thread #1 is created, spamming on that thread alone must begin. All those online are urged to participate, and posting in threads other than this one (which will be open for asking JTP-related questions) is discouraged. The main goal is for Thread #1 to be spammed 4, 999 posts and filled up to the max by no later than 11:59pm US Pacific Time Zone on July 12.

--

Also, guys, a note on the spam: While it doesn't really matter what you spam--as long as it's within the rules/FFN's ToS--I'd recommend just using a simple phrase or something that can be copy and pasted easily. I know a lot of us, myself included, like to spam songs, but it takes longer to type out the lyrics, and we want this thread to be filled as soon as possible. Copy and pastes go a lot quicker~ Please do not spam giant text blocks. It makes the page load a lot slower, and we can't really afford to lose time on this.

7/5/2009 . Edited 7/7/2009 #212
Jon Stewart

We may want more like ten threads...but it shouldn't make much difference.

That looks perfect, Andie. 8D

7/5/2009 #213
How to Train Your Moosie

We may want more like ten threads...but it shouldn't make much difference.

-nod- Okay. How about I edit it so every mod gets to make one--Ky's new reg one included in that? That's...seven, I guess. :/

((And youre sure you won't be able to get on at /all/? That's so...unfair. D: ...Then again, you've already got the Rules thread, so... xD))

That looks perfect, Andie. 8D

-happy- Really? 8D Thanks! I just wanted to be sure everyone was clear on exactly what we had to do, even though nobody really knows/gives a damn about what we'll do with them afterward--yet. xD

7/5/2009 #214
Ky-lassassin

This is probably going to sound weird, but I think it'd be cool if everyone who is/was a mod here got to make a thread. Like, obviously those of us who are mods right now are going to be making a thread each, but what about those who aren't mods anymore? :s Just an idea, especially if we wanted a couple more threads and didn't want to have to, like, decide who got to make more than one. XD

...That'd be Rayne and Cin, right? Cin already made the regs thread, but it's going to be unpinned soon, so...-shrug-

7/5/2009 #215
Qzil
Yeah, but we'd have to get Hannah here first. ...Wait...does this mean I actually have to make a thread? I'm still confused on this. Could someone PM/e-mail me the details?
7/5/2009 #216
Ky-lassassin

Yeah, but we'd have to get Hannah here first.

-shrug- If she doesn't show, it's like...she made one already, y'know? Even if it's going obsolete. XD;

...Wait...does this mean I actually have to make a thread?

Yes. All of the mods are making one thread each.

7/5/2009 #217
pippermint

Are we spamming the first thread only, or are we eventually spamming all the threads (seven? ten?) that you guys are making?

7/5/2009 #218
Ky-lassassin

Are we spamming the first thread only, or are we eventually spamming all the threads (seven? ten?) that you guys are making?

Just the first one~

7/5/2009 #219
painted.inkblot

Yes. All of the mods are making one thread each....Uhm.

-blink-

7/5/2009 #220
Jon Stewart

Yes. All of the mods are making one thread each.

Not sure when that happened. :K It's not like anyone has to; someone can be greedy and do it for the mods who just don't give a shit. >;K

7/6/2009 #221
painted.inkblot

I still don't know exactly what each thread is for, and I still don't get why we need to spam the first one to 5000 posts, so, uh, yeah. I probably won't make one.

7/6/2009 #222
Jon Stewart

I still don't know exactly what each thread is for

No one does. XDDD

I still don't get why we need to spam the first one to 5000 posts, so, uh, yeah. I probably won't make one.

For FAQ questions or any other quick, linked reference we might want...and for the pretty date. 8D

7/6/2009 #223
pippermint

For FAQ questions or any other quick, linked reference we might want...and for the pretty date. 8D

Then it doesn't have to be 5,000. It can just be, say, 500 or 1,000 posts, right? All that matters is that the last post be on July 12th, and it seems doubtful that we'll need that many posts to explain FAQs and stuff.

7/6/2009 #224
Ky-lassassin

...Uhm.

Not sure when that happened. :K It's not like anyone has to; someone can be greedy and do it for the mods who just don't give a shit. ;K

-shrug- Yeah, but I think it'd be nice if everyone made a thread. I mean, I don't see why anyone wouldn't want to make it. o.0; You don't have to do anything with it; it'll be used later, probably, but...yeah. -blink-

7/6/2009 #225
Ky-lassassin

Then it doesn't have to be 5,000. It can just be, say, 500 or 1,000 posts, right? All that matters is that the last post be on July 12th, and it seems doubtful that we'll need that many posts to explain FAQs and stuff.

Yeah, but it's better to have extra posts than to not have enough~

7/6/2009 #226
pippermint

Yeah, but it's better to have extra posts than to not have enough~

5,000 seems like a lot of extra, but okay. -shrug-

7/6/2009 #227
Jon Stewart

We might want them for personal reasons, too. Fun mod perk, being able to have a quick list of favorite posts. XD

I don't know. Better safe than sorry.

-shrug- Yeah, but I think it'd be nice if everyone made a thread. I mean, I don't see why anyone wouldn't want to make it. o.0; You don't have to do anything with it; it'll be used later, probably, but...yeah. -blink-

Yeah, but...actually, who gives a fuck? Everyone will just do what they want, so it'll work out. -handwave-

7/6/2009 #228
How to Train Your Moosie

I think it would be nice is every mod gets to make a thread, but if they don't want to then that's fine, too~

I'm also cool with ex-mods making one, but that's definitely where I put my foot down; I don't want it to get to the point where any reg who wants to make one can go ahead and do so, period. I doubt we'll need more than eight threads, and if it turns out that we do, well...we can just wait until next year.

7/6/2009 #229
Ky-lassassin

Yeah, but...actually, who gives a fuck? Everyone will just do what they want, so it'll work out. -handwave-

I just think it'd be a nice thing to do, y'know? -shrug- If someone can't be there, it's not the end of the world or anything, but if you're on and you're a mod, why not?

I think it would be nice is every mod gets to make a thread, but if they don't want to then that's fine, too~

I'm also cool with ex-mods making one, but that's definitely where I put my foot down; I don't want it to get to the point where any reg who wants to make one can go ahead and do so, period. I doubt we'll need more than eight threads, and if it turns out that we do, well...we can just wait until next year.

Agreed. -nod-

7/6/2009 #230
Lost-Blue-Phantom

I don't think I'll be here on the 12th, so somebody can have my thread.

7/6/2009 #231
Silver-hair Angel
Um... I'm still not even clear on what type of threads will be or must be created. And in the likely event that I'm not here, I trust that someone smarter than me will handle it.
7/6/2009 #232
Silver-hair Angel
I can make a thread, if I'm here. But keep in mind that I can't edit, so someone will have to assist. It'll be nice if someone dropped a hint about what my thread should be about, however.
7/6/2009 #233
Jon Stewart

Um... I'm still not even clear on what type of threads will be or must be created.

Empty ones. Nothing in them. XDD

7/6/2009 #234
Silver-hair Angel
But... I thought that these threads were going to be created with an established purpose? And how would I go about naming it?
7/6/2009 #235
Jon Stewart

No. We're lazy enough that we need to figure it out later. XDD

"Thread Number [#]" would do. XDDD

7/6/2009 #236
Silver-hair Angel
I can't edit. You'll have to hijack my thread.
7/6/2009 #237
Qzil

I want thread number four.

7/6/2009 #238
Ky-lassassin

I don't think it really matters, but...okay, sure. I wonder if the block is still up or not, though; can Cin/Rayne make threads? :/ And I'd guess that Annie will make the FAQ 'cause she's usually the one who gets up the earliest...but, y'know, whoever's up should make it~

7/6/2009 #239
painted.inkblot

...OMIGOSH, I GET IT.

-fail-

(Except for spamming the thread part. I still don't get that.)

7/6/2009 #240
« Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Jon Stewart Bethany C. MacKenzie, mutemockingjay, Beautiful Thief, Ky-lassassin, Qzil, How to Train Your Moosie
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member