The Domain
The price of citizenship is still, to some extent, your personal freedom.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Ky-lassassin

Therefore, you must stay up all night so that you can eat (and you need to eat food if you're staying up all night). -nod-

...Hey, guess who has another paper due tomorrow? |D

This is for yesterday even though I'm pretty sure I don't deserve it.

I think you deserve it!

4/19/2012 #5,971
Lost-Blue-Phantom

Golden age! Or not, because I think that was LTATP and shit. But still!

I don't even remember.

I just remembered that it happened.

IT WAS REAL, JENNY. IT WAS REAL.

4/19/2012 #5,972
Ky-lassassin

Golden age! Or not, because I think that was LTATP and shit. But still!

I still wish we had LTATP!

Well, I can't wear them because bra straps exist. Who the fuck are strapless things even FOR? A very small group of people with a magical shape?

I guess? I don't know. -headshake-

Oh. Yeah. That's probably not happening for me. XD;

+1 for Ky-la!

4/19/2012 #5,973
Sakura Mau Toki

Is it bad for me to say that I still think it's funny that Canadian History is...a thing? Taught at schools? Somehow, it never occurred to my U.S.-centric brain that other countries have their own histories, so I was totally blown away when Canadian schools offered their own damned history as a major. [/sharing]

Doesn't every country, though? It's all to do with Nationalism, if you ask me. Since it's Canada, it's only natural to have our history taught. Granted, a lot of European history and some American History get thrown in there, which I both like and am annoyed with. Canada's no different from any other country with regards to teaching its own history.

Granted it's not as exciting as others. /end of ramble before it turns into a rant

4/19/2012 #5,974
Lost-Blue-Phantom

I think you deserve it!

Sorry...nooo.

4/19/2012 #5,975
Jon Stewart

...Hey, guess who has another paper due tomorrow? |D

Is it you? Ohhoho.

IT WAS REAL, JENNY. IT WAS REAL.

REAL OR NOT REAL?

There was a good chance that I actually imagined it. XD

I still wish we had LTATP!

Fucking universe, taking away things we like.

4/19/2012 #5,976
Ky-lassassin

Is it you? Ohhoho.

Congrats! You're a winner.

There was a good chance that I actually imagined it. XD

You don't remember things. |D

4/19/2012 #5,977
Lost-Blue-Phantom

REAL OR NOT REAL?

REAL.

...wait so would you be Peeta and I be Katniss in this situation?

4/19/2012 #5,978
St. Elsewhere

It's a way of life, because it takes over your life until there are no other things.

And then emotionally destroys you.

4/19/2012 #5,979
Jon Stewart

Doesn't every country, though? It's all to do with Nationalism, if you ask me. Since it's Canada, it's only natural to have our history taught. Granted, a lot of European history and some American History get thrown in there, which I both like and am annoyed with. Canada's no different from any other country with regards to teaching its own history.

Granted it's not as exciting as others. /end of ramble before it turns into a rant

Yeah, of course, but I have that American way of assuming that my country is ~special~ and somehow cooler than the others, so I never really thought about it before. Now that I actually consider it, we even learn Maine history in Maine, and the most exciting thing /we/ ever did was shoot British inspectors and cut down the trees they wanted.

And Canada has to have a cool history, judging from the places it intersects with us. Isn't the U.S. the only country to lose to Canada in a war or something? Y'know, that one time that the Canadians utterly wrecked us and everyone looked around like, "Aren't they supposed to be riding moose?"

4/19/2012 #5,980
Ky-lassassin

Peeta and Katniss weren't twinsies! Awk sauce.

4/19/2012 . Edited 4/19/2012 #5,981
Jon Stewart

...Yes? I'm confused. D:

And then emotionally destroys you.

Fucking utterly slays you, yes.

4/19/2012 #5,982
Lost-Blue-Phantom

Peeta and Katniss weren't twinsies! Awk sauce.

Ky, you know the rule: keep it in the family.

4/19/2012 #5,983
Sakura Mau Toki

Yeah, of course, but I have that American way of assuming that my country is ~special~ and somehow cooler than the others, so I never really thought about it before. Now that I actually consider it, we even learn Maine history in Maine, and the most exciting thing /we/ ever did was shoot British inspectors and cut down the trees they wanted.

My area's similar in that all we did was mine, fish and get fucked over by Ontario. We were one of the first provinces to join confederation, though a lot of Maritimers weren't happy about it.

No offense to those from Ontario, though.

And Canada has to have a cool history, judging from the places it intersects with us. Isn't the U.S. the only country to lose to Canada in a war or something? Y'know, that one time that the Canadians utterly wrecked us and everyone looked around like, "Aren't they supposed to be riding moose?"

1812? Yeah, we like to say that. The truth is, it was the British that actually did it, considering we were still British then. -le sigh- Our history tends to be a mix of other nation's histories and influence that, to study ours, it's hard to find out what exactly our history is. If that makes sense.

Riding moose would be epic, especially if you could randomly cross the border on one.

4/19/2012 #5,984
Jon Stewart

There are no guys at T/D. Did that one not make it into the rules? Oops.

I thought that was law already! [/old posts]

4/19/2012 #5,985
St. Elsewhere

You need to make your rules clearer.

No pants, no guys, no exceptions.

4/19/2012 #5,986
Ky-lassassin

I thought that was law already! [/old posts]

It is! Some people don't get it. -headshake-

4/19/2012 #5,987
Ky-lassassin

You need to make your rules clearer.

They're already obnoxiously long, though!

4/19/2012 #5,988
St. Elsewhere

They're already obnoxiously long, though!

Those should be the only rules, though.

4/19/2012 #5,989
Ky-lassassin

Those should be the only rules, though.

Maybe next JTP~

4/19/2012 #5,990
Jon Stewart

New description much?

My area's similar in that all we did was mine, fish and get fucked over by Ontario. We were one of the first provinces to join confederation, though a lot of Maritimers weren't happy about it.

No offense to those from Ontario, though.

I've been calling Ontario "Pussy Canada" for five years now; it's cool.

1812? Yeah, we like to say that. The truth is, it was the British that actually did it, considering we were still British then. -le sigh- Our history tends to be a mix of other nation's histories and influence that, to study ours, it's hard to find out what exactly our history is. If that makes sense.

Riding moose would be epic, especially if you could randomly cross the border on one.

Ah, but WE like to say that it was Canada, because it's a point of pride here that we beat the Brits at things. It's somehow less embarrassing to have Canada light our EVERYTHING on fire. Besides, God Himself sent a tornado or something, so that one worked out. [/can you tell I'm not into history or]

We totally ride 'em in Maine. Our blood is made of maple syrup, just like Canadian blood! There's enough overlap in stereotypes that I overuse them out of glee, so stop me if it gets old.

4/19/2012 #5,991
St. Elsewhere

New description much?

Pretty sure this declares me as a member of T/D.

4/19/2012 #5,992
Jon Stewart

Also, Jenny is way smarter than me and she's taking BC Calc, so ask her!

No, I can't even subtract things. Do not approach me with math.

2. Go for AP Lit! Just, like, read a book and you'll be set. Essays, but it's not a hard test or anything.

Use Catch-22! It's the best book in the universe and it's been on the exam nine times!

4/19/2012 #5,993
Jon Stewart

Well, you obviously understand the rules!

4/19/2012 #5,994
Sakura Mau Toki

I don't think many people in Canada are fond of Ontario. Then again, that could be my region's bias. Some of us are still a bit bitter about being shafted right after confederation in favour of Ontario's needs.

Ah, but WE like to say that it was Canada, because it's a point of pride here that we beat the Brits at things. It's somehowlessembarrassing to have Canada light our EVERYTHING on fire. Besides, God Himself sent a tornado or something, so that one worked out. [/can you tell I'm not into history or]

XD! We'll take it. :P

"And then the almighty tornado descended from the sky..."

We totally ride 'em in Maine. Our blood is made of maple syrup, just like Canadian blood! There's enough overlap in stereotypes that I overuse them out of glee, so stop me if it gets old.

Psh, I love poking fun at stereotypes. It's funny. :D

4/19/2012 #5,995
Jon Stewart

Go to Victoria's Secret! Treat yourself~

My new favorite store. Highly recommend.

Those are the subject tests, right?

But I don't have any special subjects! -flail-

It's possible to get amazing scores without studying. Just take all of them. [/sage advice]

[/old posts]

4/19/2012 #5,996
Ky-lassassin

PUSSY CANADA. 8D

Earning your place here! I like it. [/it's only been two years]

4/19/2012 #5,997
Chirijiradin

T/D, now with 100% less pants!

...This makes me think of a harem manga.

4/19/2012 #5,998
Jon Stewart

http://www.themoralliberal.com/2010/03/15/god-sends-a-tornado-war-of-1812-american-minute/

I was right! God sent a tornado! I learned history! The link may or may not agree with me, but the title does, so...

I don't think many people in Canada are fond of Ontario. Then again, that could be my region's bias. Some of us are still a bit bitter about being shafted right after confederation in favour of Ontario's needs.

Eh, fuck 'em. Also, my spell-check does not like your "favor." -pat-

Psh, I love poking fun at stereotypes. It's funny. :D

Canada got some great ones. Politeness? What did they even do to get that reputation for the entire country? -headshake-

4/19/2012 #5,999
Jon Stewart

100% of zero is still zero!

4/19/2012 #6,000
« Prev Page 1 .. 190 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 210 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Jon Stewart eliska, mutemockingjay, Beautiful Thief, Ky-lassassin, Qzil, How to Train Your Moosie
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member