The Domain
The price of citizenship is still, to some extent, your personal freedom.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »
Damned Lolita

/facepalm/

Crap, and I liked Marshleaf. Oh, well...

/takes notes/ Got it. Yeah, I usually write about two thousand per chapter anyways, so it's easy enough...

/goes off to brainstorm more./

8/2/2008 #91
Silent Memento

I loved your Grimer fic. I have a soft spot for those guys, as well as Sandshrew.

8/2/2008 #92
painted.inkblot

Marshleaf screams "Sue."...It...does? How?

8/2/2008 #93
painted.inkblot

Er. Anyways. Yeah, making sure chaptered fic should always have at least one-thousand words is a pretty good restriction, as it makes you include more description, etc., but I hate that restriction over everything I write. Many of my oneshots that I like best, for example, are under a thousand, and I've found many good fics under a thousand. -shrug-

8/2/2008 #94
Silent Memento

...It...does? How?

There could be worse, but...I just don't like that name. It's definitely Sue-ish.

Er. Anyways. Yeah, making sure chaptered fic should always have at least one-thousand words is a pretty good restriction, as it makes you include more description, etc., but I hate that restriction over everything I write. Many of my oneshots that I like best, for example, are under a thousand, and I've found many good fics under a thousand. -shrug-

-shrugs- I have a goal; one-thousand+ words for oneshots and two-thousand+ for each chapter in a chapter fic.

8/2/2008 #95
painted.inkblot

There could be worse, but...I just don't like that name. It's definitely Sue-ish.I think you're categorizing anything you don't like as Sueish, to me. It's not Sueish at all. Compare it to, say, Fadedmemory, or Sparkleberry. It's just a nice, ordinary Clan name to me, probably ShadowClan. -shrug- Marsh doesn't sound Suey; nor does Leaf.

8/2/2008 #96
painted.inkblot

-shrugs- I have a goal; one-thousand+ words for oneshots and two-thousand+ for each chapter in a chapter fic.For me, in chaptered fic that isn't just a series of oneshots or anything, I have a kind of unofficial goal to get over sometimes three, mostly four thousand words. Anything goes for a oneshot, however.

8/2/2008 #97
Silent Memento

I think you're categorizing anything you don't like as Sueish, to me. It's not Sueish at all. Compare it to, say, Fadedmemory, or Sparkleberry. It's just a nice, ordinary Clan name to me, probably ShadowClan. -shrug- Marsh doesn't sound Suey; nor does Leaf.

-sigh- I'm sorry. After Spottedleaf and Leafpool, I have a tendancy to hate names that start with or end in "Leaf."

8/2/2008 #98
Damned Lolita

-sigh- I'm sorry. After Spottedleaf and Leafpool, I have a tendancy to hate names that start with or end in "Leaf."

/snickers/ I know. Spottedleaf wasn't too glaringly bad at the time, since it was my first Warriors book, but Leafpool was just...wow. The farther the series goes, the more stretched they are for names.

Case in point; Lionthroat. Which is, well... Not bad, but I get weird images when I think about it. Like, a second face on his throat... But Amberthroat would be pretty.

8/2/2008 #99
painted.inkblot

I don't see how just because Spottedleaf and Leafpool aren't good characters you have to hate their names. -shrug-

8/2/2008 #100
Qzil

Swiftfoot looks decent. Marshleaf screams "Sue." Don't use the latter one.

I like Marshleaf almost as much as Marshflower.

Uh...let me see.

Toadfur...I kinda like Toadfur...

8/3/2008 #101
painted.inkblot

This isn't the Make Up Names thread, Qzzy. xDD

8/3/2008 #102
Damned Lolita

Toadfur?! I would just sit behind him and go, 'ribbit ribbit' every time he sat vigil. Drive the poor cat mad. :D

Another random plot bunny for Death Note; /well, QQ's the only one that watches this, but I need to get it out/, well, it's really just Light's random thoughts after he kills L. I kind of saw L as a leash on Light's humanity, and with him gone, well...

Well, Toadfur isn't as bad as Rosefang. /I told you I'd make fun of you for that forever!/

That said, when are you updating the Price of Justice?

8/3/2008 #103
Damned Lolita

/Puppy eyes/ But can someone PLEASE make one of those threads? I need suggestions; it could be like a random sounding board of ideas for warrior names.

8/3/2008 #104
Lost-Blue-Phantom

Title: And Then There Was Rio

I'm totally kidding on that title. Actually, maybe I'm not.

Plot Bunny: Swiftpaw and Brightpaw are both slain by the pack. Save your 'oh-noes', you know you aren't going to miss them. Cloudtail and Fernpaw are left to recouperate against the harsh losses, and yet . . . oh screw it, I think you know what's going to happen. That's right: Cloudtail becomes a sociopathic murderer, with Fernpaw as his accomplice.

8/3/2008 . Edited 8/3/2008 #105
Silent Memento

Bluey: Fucking win. 8D

8/3/2008 #106
Feigning My Innocence

Sounds interesting, but also seems like it would be hard to think of things to write for it.

8/3/2008 #107
Lost-Blue-Phantom

Mem: :D

Fay-yo: Which is why other people are open to take it.

8/3/2008 #108
Damned Lolita

.../snorts and giggles/

The image of Fernpaw being involved in a murder both amuses me and disturbs me that I find it amusing.

In other words, WIN.

8/3/2008 #109
painted.inkblot

Bluey: O____________________O;;

Why do Fernpaw and Cloudtail become sociopathic murders just because Swiftpaw and Brightpaw die? And what's with Fernpaw having a random crush on Swiftpaw?

8/3/2008 #110
Lost-Blue-Phantom

Flameh: Because SwiftxFern is random crack win, and Cloudtail loses faith in everything. And Fernpaw is like ,"OMIGAW. CLOUDTAIL IS TEH HAWTNESS!!" after Swiftpaw is dead and wants to do anything to impress him, while Cloudtail is just in a decaying mental state.

Sort of a Harley Quinn/Joker relationship. -nod-

Don't know what that is? Go look it up.

8/4/2008 #111
Jon Stewart

Sort of a Harley Quinn/Joker relationship. -nod-

Epic win. 8D

...Off-topic fail overridden by aforementioned epic win.

8/4/2008 #112
Qzil

Can we have one?

Blaire: WRITE IT! THAT'D BE SO PWNSOME!

8/4/2008 #113
painted.inkblot

Can we have one?Erm...

-thinks-

No.

8/4/2008 #114
painted.inkblot

But, even if he's in a decaying mental state and has lost faith in everything, why would Cloudtail become a sociopathic killer?

8/5/2008 #115
painted.inkblot

-sighs and waits for an answer-

8/6/2008 #116
painted.inkblot

I've decided that this a thread for title bunnies also (because I've been getting them lately).

So:

The Third Nobody

The Every Nothing

The Decemberist

Black and White Rainbow

-nod- I really want to write something with the third title. (And yes, I do know there is a band called The Decemberists.)

8/6/2008 #117
Silent Memento

Here's a couple of title bunnies that I've thought of:

Monster

Vendetta

It's Not Worth It

-hearts all of them-

8/6/2008 #118
Ky-lassassin

Black and White Rainbow

...That's so awesome~! -envy- XD

8/6/2008 #119
painted.inkblot

...That's so awesome~! -envy- XDAll I need is a plot to go with it. xDDD You can take it if you want, but I suppose you'd also need to come up with a plot for it.

8/6/2008 #120
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Jon Stewart eliska, mutemockingjay, Beautiful Thief, Ky-lassassin, Qzil, How to Train Your Moosie
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member