The Domain
The price of citizenship is still, to some extent, your personal freedom.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
How to Train Your Moosie

With the final installment of the Twilight series, Breaking Dawn, coming out in nearly eleven hours, some people want to discuss it, while others don't want it spoiled for them. Here's a universal thread, for book discussions and the like. The Twilight warning will be taken down in a few weeks.

Edit: I took down the BD warning, since...no one cares any more. 8D

8/1/2008 . Edited by Jon Stewart, 9/7/2008 #1
Jon Stewart

...No one's posted here yet, so I may as well get us started.

What is Breaking Dawn's problem? D8 I didn't read it, but I read summaries, and...well...worst book ever.

8/3/2008 #2
Silver-hair Angel
Vampires having babies? Major deduction in my book.
8/3/2008 #3
Jon Stewart

Meyer really dug her own grave here. -headshake- Imprinting on a baby? Seriously? Not to mention teen pregnancy and the totally unrealistic reaction to such.

8/3/2008 #4
Silver-hair Angel

"I'm pregnant at eighteen.... OH MY GOSH, WHAT A DREAM COME TRUE!!!"

Meyer's still cleaning up on the first three books... maybe she didn't give a damn about the series anymore. That, or she read too many fanfiction stories like some readers suggested.

8/3/2008 #5
Jon Stewart

No. If she wrote it like a fanfiction, it would be better.

Was there a single cliché that she missed? Was there a single part of her plot that wasn't morally fucked up? -sigh- Now there's going to be a whole generation of young girls who want to get married and have a kid at eighteen, thinking that it's okay, just because of this series, and all because everything worked out in the end for Bella. Sadly, I'm not even exaggerating.

Teenage girls are impressionable - no one knows better than teenage girls themselves. XD Meyer's rather impressing upon her audience the idea that it's okay to just let other people be your world and let your problems work themselves out with no effort from oneself required. -.-

8/3/2008 #6
Silver-hair Angel

No. If she wrote it like a fanfiction, it would be better.

If she was reading the ones I read.... (shudder)

Was there a single cliché that she missed? Was there a single part of her plot that wasn't morally fucked up? -sigh- Now there's going to be a whole generation of young girls who want to get married and have a kid at eighteen, thinking that it's okay, just because of this series, and all because everything worked out in the end for Bella. Sadly, I'm not even exaggerating.

Some readers said as much, but honestly, she's not morally obligated to send a positive message to her teen readers. I wish she would have, but what can you do? She'll stick by the argument that it's a fantasy and no one should take it seriously.

Teenage girls are impressionable - no one knows better than teenage girls themselves. XD Meyer's rather impressing upon her audience the idea that it's okay to just let other people be your world and let your problems work themselves out with no effort from oneself required. -.-

Edward... was her entire life. She thought of nothing else, from what I gathered from the reviews and the summaries. She's worse than a Sue in my eyes. -_-'

8/3/2008 #7
painted.inkblot

If she was reading the ones I read.... (shudder)I found a good one a few days ago...xD http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4333491/1/moves_in_mysterious_ways

8/3/2008 #8
Smart Aleckette

I found Twilight audiobooks in the Classics section of the library. THE CLASSICS SECTION. -sobs-

8/3/2008 #9
Jon Stewart

Some readers said as much, but honestly, she's not morally obligated to send a positive message to her teen readers. I wish she would have, but what can you do? She'll stick by the argument that it's a fantasy and no one should take it seriously.

Right, but, if you check out her site, she spends time talking about how she's a mother. People get the impression that she's a good role model, and then...well...she isn't very consistent with her own self-image.

Edward... was her entire life. She thought of nothing else, from what I gathered from the reviews and the summaries. She's worse than a Sue in my eyes. -_-'

She really had no side-interests. He goes away, and she turns into a vegetable for months. o.0;

I found Twilight audiobooks in the Classics section of the library. THE CLASSICS SECTION. -sobs-

I bet they'll be moving soon. XDD

8/3/2008 #10
Silver-hair Angel

Right, but, if you check out her site, she spends time talking about how she's a mother.

Holy fuck, you're kidding. O_O I couldn't tell.

People get the impression that she's a good role model, and then...well...she isn't very consistent with her own self-image.

You would think she would try to incorporate her 'good role model' persona into the book, but no....

She really had no side-interests. He goes away, and she turns into a vegetable for months. o.0;

That's so... geez. I expect us to be dehumanized by guys, but by our own kind? (shakes head)

8/3/2008 #11
Qzil

That's so... geez. I expect us to be dehumanized by guys, but by our own kind? (shakes head)

I know.

As for getting pregnant at eighteen. In my book, as long as you're married or in a secure financial state, it's okay. Yeah, it is a little young. It is my belief that you should be working at a solid job and be making enough money to support a baby, and have someone there to help you before you have one. Your parents, long-term boyfriend or fiancee, or husband.

8/3/2008 #12
Breezeh

Am I the only one who thinks that Jacob imprinting on Renesmee is creepy?

Here's what I gathered from Breaking Dawn:

- Quil x Claire is the awesomest pairing ever.

- Bella is annoying as hell.

- Leah is cool.

- Renesmee is the most fucked up name ever.

- Carlisle is so sweet for giving Esme her own island.

...that's about it. I thought it kind of sucked. I mean, there was all this build-up to the part where the Volturi came, and then--what? NOTHING EVEN HAPPENED.

8/3/2008 #13
Streameh

The only thing I can say is... how the hell do vampires have sperm?

8/3/2008 #14
Silver-hair Angel

The only thing I can say is... how the hell do vampires have sperm?

I'm still wondering.

8/3/2008 #15
Breezeh

Yeah, I totally do not get that at all. And it was so annoying how Bella had this awesome self-control right from the start, because she's just THAT amazing. -snort-

8/3/2008 #16
painted.inkblot

I still think that Renesmee is the weirdest name ever and that it is insulting she stole the nickname of the awesome Loch Ness Monster. 8D Nessie will never refer to you, you stupid half-vampire-Sue-thing~

8/3/2008 #17
Streameh

Renesmee is indeed a weird name.

But seriously, the one thing that erks me the most is how Edward has fucking sperm. And vampires don't have blood (I think?)! So he wouldn't have even been able to get an erection. Duh. I'm 15 and I know that. Wouldn't an adult know that?

8/3/2008 #18
Breezeh

Nessie will never refer to you, you stupid half-vampire-Sue-thing~

8DD I know. I predict that Renesmee will grow up to be--gasp--even more of a Sue than Bella, with her omgtheawesome memory-power. And it is SO FUCKING CREEPY THAT JACOB IMPRINTED ON HER. I predict that there will be a corny forbidden love.

8/3/2008 #19
Silver-hair Angel

I predict that Renesmee will grow up to be--gasp--even more of a Sue than Bella

Don't tell me there's another installment with the kid with the fucked up name? O.O

8/3/2008 #20
Streameh

The whole Jacob imprinting thing doesn't bother me. I mean, yeah, it's a little weird that he's a werewolf and she's half vampire. But Quil imprinted on Claire (who are so cute, by the way), so the age thing doesn't seem that weird. I don't know.

8/3/2008 #21
Breezeh

The whole Jacob imprinting thing doesn't bother me. I mean, yeah, it's a little weird that he's a werewolf and she's half vampire. But Quil imprinted on Claire (who are so cute, by the way), so the age thing doesn't seem that weird. I don't know.

It's weird because he used to be in love with Bella, and she's her mother. I mean, doesn't that bother you? D8 It bothers me. And yeah, Claire is adorable! I love the scene between them in Book Two. They are so my favorite pairing~

Don't tell me there's another installment with the kid with the fucked up name? O.O

No, not yet, thank goodness. But they're probably will be, because Stephenie Meyer does not know how to let her series go.

8/3/2008 #22
Silver-hair Angel

No, not yet, thank goodness. But they're probably will be, because Stephenie Meyer does not know how to let her series go.

I daresay she should quit while we're still recovering from the train wreck.

8/3/2008 #23
Breezeh

Silv: I know. But we still have to live through Midnight Sun. D8

8/3/2008 #24
Silver-hair Angel

I am so glad J.K Rowling didn't decide to screw us over as badly as Meyer did you guys. (shakes head) I'm really sorry that you guys couldn't enjoy this last installment. And for that, I don't like her.

8/3/2008 #25
Breezeh

At least JKR could let go of her series. I mean, really, seven books is enough. And the ending was so much better than the end of the Twilight series. -shudder-

8/3/2008 #26
Streameh

Was anyone else expecting/hoping for a big Harry Potter-esque battle at the end?

8/3/2008 #27
Silver-hair Angel

I was sort of expecting it... I wasn't disappointed. It was a huge battle at the end, just not how I initially pictured it.

8/3/2008 #28
Streameh

Yeah. I was hoping for some real fighting or something, I guess. Like, I can't believe that no one died. Well, besides Irina. Not that I wanted them to, but...I don't know.

8/3/2008 #29
Breezeh

The ending was so stupid. I mean, there was all this build-up about fighting the Volturi, and they gathered all of the covens, but then nothing even happened. It was so disappointing. And not that I wanted her to, but I thought Alice was going to die.

8/3/2008 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Jon Stewart eliska, mutemockingjay, Beautiful Thief, Ky-lassassin, Qzil, How to Train Your Moosie
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member