Pears? No, Pairs! You silly Panda!
A forum devoted solely to all the non-existent pairings in Kung Fu Panda. If you can think it, someone can write it!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Predsfan

There are some fans who saw the SOTFF right after the movie, so I quess the ones who dont like CraneXViper Would fancy this one instead, or they are just retarded and dont know that cats eat birds.

Instead why dont we let Mei ling have po. Why? Think of her as Tigress only she never hated po, or insulted him, or not belived in his ablilites.

Tigress we can have hot cat on cat action.

Or the most FU*%ing crazyed idea in KFP history......You ready for this.........NO PAIRINGS AT ALL.

Lets go over it

Tigress:B!tch

Po:Fat and lazy and inmature

Crane:to little screen time

VIper: (SAME AS Crane) Mant...

THE rest of the FF:same as crane

Tai Ming:All she did was say "Hey Crane you should try out for kung fu" not "Hey crane lets go FU*$"

If they wanted Romance in KFP they would have added some at the end, remember SHREK.

Talk about Tei Ming and Crane now.

12/4/2008 #1
OpenSeasonFanGirl5000

I like Mei-Ling/Crane. It's one of my new favorite Kung Fu Panda shippings. Soon as I saw Secrets of the Furious Five, I knew it had to be romance for them straight away! But the more problem is no one knows what happen to her 20 years ago after Crane stop working as a janitor and became one of new students. I would like to see some fanfics on them so the members can get a creative idea what to do with the pair and how they may re-enter act again.

12/5/2008 #2
Nobility

*Reads icemeerkat's post* Yeesh. Someone's in a bad mood.

There are some fans who saw the SOTFF right after the movie, so I quess the ones who dont like CraneXViper Would fancy this one instead, or they are just retarded and dont know that cats eat birds.

The KFP characters are anthros, meaning they are animals who are essentially humans in thinking, so that point is moot.

Or the most FU*%ing crazyed idea in KFP history......You ready for this.........NO PAIRINGS AT ALL.

Nobody ever said there *had* be pairings. We just like to play with them in our stories.

Tai Ming:All she did was say "Hey Crane you should try out for kung fu" not "Hey crane lets go FU*$"

No, but the way Crane acted around her seemed to indicate that he might've had a bit of crush on her (or at the very least, he thought highly of her and her opinion), plus she was awfully nice towards him. Not nescesarily indications of a canon romance, but it certainly makes more sense than CranexViper.

Anyway, I love CranexMei Ling. It is, in my mind, the only current pairing that makes a reasonable amount of sense in the series.

12/6/2008 #3
Predsfan

Let me say this, If Mei ling was in KFP as a simi main character and viper had a pairing option other then Mantis I.E another snake . I might of supported this pairing.

or in kung fu panda 2 they could have Mantis and Monkey fighting over Mei ling, and give Crane viper.

I hope she is not in # 2 her character was too 2-Demational. And plus what else will she be used for other then a girlfriend of crane. My point is not all the characters have to be paired. Everyone seemed to think that the part with po looking and tigresses butt was romance but it was a gag. When po talked to Crane his voice was funny.

ViperXCrane will have more ppl supporting it, at least entil KFP2 comes out.

P.S do not whine about spelling

12/8/2008 #4
Predsfan

It make me mad when ppl say something bad about a pairing, and how it would never work out. The reason more people support Crane And Viper to Crane and Mei ling is simple. I personaly can't see Crane and Viper pair with anyone else.

Like poXviper, po's like 400x her size, ViperXmantis Vipers head is practicaly bigger then mantis('s?) body. CraneXMei ling child hood friends plus crane was shy and had low self confindence most ppl that have that have bad communication skills I.E Talking to people. The fact is there is no romance in this movie or SOTFF, its a kids movie if they wanted to add romance they would have done it so that little kids could see it.

No, but the way Crane acted around her seemed to indicate that he might've had a bit of crush on her (or at the very least, he thought highly of her and her opinion)

or his is just a nice guy.

plus she was awfully nice towards him.

She has no reason to hate him.

Not nescesarily indications of a canon romance

damn right

but it certainly makes more sense than CranexViper.

Reptiles and Birds are more related to each other then Birds and Cats, just off that I could shoot this down.

12/10/2008 #5
Nobility

It make me mad when ppl say something bad about a pairing, and how it would never work out.

I never said it wouldn't work out. I simply stated that I believed Mei LingxCrane made more sense than CranexViper because Crane and Viper never intereacted with each other throughout the entire movie. They didn't even so much as glance at each other.

Like poXviper, po's like 400x her size, ViperXmantis Vipers head is practicaly bigger then mantis('s?) body.

I find it odd that you're bringing size against the other possible Viper pairings when Crane is just as big. It's no more awkward with Crane than it is with Po or Monkey or Mantis.

Reptiles and Birds are more related to each other then Birds and Cats, just off that I could shoot this down.

But they're still not related. And anyway, it doesn't matter. We don't know what the "rules" are for species reproduction in this series- we don't know if cross-species relationships are common or creepy. If it is looked down upon or even genetically impossible in this series, well then, all Viper pairings are out. If it's simply uncommon, but possible (ala Dragon and Donkey), we're back to square one. But saying that "birds and reptiles are more closely related than birds and cats" isn't really evidence.

By the way, in order to quote, just highligh the quote and click on the styles button up on the control panel and select quote, and to stop quoting, hit the eraser button. :)

12/10/2008 #6
Cartoonatic55

*Reads icemeerkat's post* Yeesh. Someone's in a bad mood.

I was thinking that too.

it certainly makes more sense than CranexViper.

I'm not that fond of CranexViper myeslf. (No offense to the fans of it though.) I just didn't catch any supposed chemistry between them. I kinda prefer this pairing to it myself. (Again, no offense to the Crane/Viper fans.)

Crane and Viper never intereacted with each other throughout the entire movie. They didn't even so much as glance at each other.

Uh, I hate to be geeky and semi-argue, but the two of them did give each other a surprised look when Shifu said that he was going to be Po's next opponent. Other than that, I think you're right. The didn't have much interaction.

Not exactly. Dreamworks has a history of putting unusual animals together; i.e. Dragon/Donkey in Shrek; Stella (Skunk)/"Tiger" (some species of Cat) in Over the Hedge; Gloria (Hippo)/Melman (Giraffe) in Madagascar 2; Skipper (Penguin)/hula bobble-head doll thing (Do I need to say it?) also in Madagascar 2. Those are all canon yet with different species, are they not? (Hell, towards the end in Shrek 2 P*** in Boots was actually flirting with two humans. Humans!)

Sorry for any lame arguments. I'm kinda typing under pressure.

3/7/2009 #7
Predsfan

In my opionion mei lings a borderlying marysue.

That being said any CraneXmei ling story (Which theres only like one) ppl will make her look perfect just trying to keep her in character.

My reasons

I just think the only reason mei ling was a girls was because the whole KFP universe was a big sasague fest, with only 2 girls and a few minor females (A.e femal bunny) to add a female character offical or not would of made a lot of sence. and if I remember right one of the bugs mantis save is a girl. so what about her?

This all reminds of of PoXtigress just because they interact does not mean they love eachother. Look at Madigascar 2 (Dont care how you spell it) the giraff and hippo got together with no previous um... talking to, whos to say they won't do monkeyXTigress MEi lingXviper?

How would they introduce mei ling in number 2? Mei ling:yo whats up crane

Crane:i Love you all of the sudden.

Mei ling:EEEEEEKKKKKKK

this pairing like all would have to be a sub plot to the main plots plot, In other words she won't just wults on up in #2 and fall in love with crane. It was corny in maddigascar and will be corny in kfp.

Crane/Viper would simple be easier to do, you would have to focus on why is this happening at this point.

Solution so everyone is happy:

1 NO PAIRINGS IN KFP 2

which is what they are doing hahahahahhaha.

3/22/2009 #8
Tribunal Wolf

I don't like this, Don't get me wrong I watch SOTFF but seeing how shes not in any games or not that many writters write this, I don't see much hope for this.

Weird thing is I though this would kill ViperXCrane, but that pairing is still going on strong.

6/8/2009 #9
JC AKA VA'S FINEST

I like mei ling/crane more cuz theyve actually talked to each other and the only reason Crane/Viper exists(in my opinion) is because theyre are the only opposite sex semi-important characters that are relatively close in size other than monkey. Also has anyone realized that these are monks and are probably not allowed to have relationships and sex?

8/15/2009 #10
Predsfan

Actually, Mei Ling was a cut character design from the Kung fu panda movie, The writers could not fit herin so pretty much everyone who did not find a part in the movie went to a coloring book, Legionary warriors, Or secrets of the Furious Five.

And if you want to get technical CraneXViper is still more possible based on the fact we don't know how long Crane stayed at... you know what, let me just say this, I rewatched the SOTFF and I counted how much time of words spoken between Mei ling and Crane, I counted 46 seconds of dialogue, And Cranes part only made up 3:26 minutes. Sorry to say this, But you are stupid if you thing one could fall in love with some one after 3:26 minutes. So if 46 seconds of dialogue is what it takes for you to determineyour pairing then I kinda feel sorrys for yous. All I'm saying it fairly unimaginative. Mei lings is to much like a cardboard cutout of a character, She does every thing a real person would do when she messes up cranes life.

8/15/2009 #11
JC AKA VA'S FINEST

i didnt mean that they were head over heels in love with each other im just saying that from what we have seen in the movie and the SOTF thing was that crane new a girl from before he started kung fu and he and viper dont talk to each other in the movie

8/15/2009 #12
Predsfan

"i didnt mean that they were head over heels in love with each other im just saying that from what we have seen in the movie and the SOTF thing was that crane new a girl from before he started kung fu"

What part in the movie does Crane or anyone else ever mention Mei Ling? Her only appearance was on a three minute long short, I wouldn't say the writer were trying to say that they loved each other, If they were they would of added obvious romance, since the moive was aimed at kids.

"he and viper dont talk to each other in the movie"

And?, Have you read any of the Crane/Viper Fics?

8/15/2009 #13
Nobility

Okay, reading some of my older posts on this forum are embarrassing. You could definitely see I was slipping into my shipper's rage a bit here- which I might be doing again, but I'm going to be calmer about it. ^_^

Also has anyone realized that these are monks and are probably not allowed to have relationships and sex?

This is actually a very good point. It was never stated that they are monks, just masters of the martial arts- but they surely do LIVE like monks. Of course, I'm not to clear on the studies of martial arts, so I can't honestly make a good comeback.

CraneXViper is still more possible based on the fact we don't know how long Crane stayed at... you know what, let me just say this, I rewatched the SOTFF and I counted how much time of words spoken between Mei ling and Crane, I counted 46 seconds of dialogue, And Cranes part only made up 3:26 minutes. Sorry to say this, But you are stupid if you thing one could fall in love with some one after 3:26 minutes. So if 46 seconds of dialogue is what it takes for you to determineyour pairing then I kinda feel sorrys for yous.

Ah, but that's 46 seconds of dialogue in an abridged flashback as told by Po, when the focus wasn't even ON Mei Ling and Crane's relationship. Besides, this reasoning can also be applied to CranexViper- we don't know when Crane became a student of Shifu, or even if when he did, how much time he spent with Viper- assuming she was present when he joined. For all we know, he could have spent ten years training in the Dai Lee school alongside Mei Ling and two years with Shifu and Viper.

Also, 46 seconds of dialogue exchanged between the two characters in a 3:26 short is STILL more interaction than Crane and Viper got in an hour and a half movie! Proportiantely speaking, of course. (Or maybe not, I'm not too clear on the amount of Viper/Crane interacting scenes)

What part in the movie does Crane or anyone else ever mention Mei Ling?

Because she hadn't been invented by then. :) And the movie wasn't ABOUT Crane or remeniscing about old warriors, it was about Po becoming the Dragon Warrior. A reference to Mei Ling would've been out of place or just unimportant to the overall storyline. Who knows, maybe he DID mention Mei-Ling. Maybe he still keeps in touch with her. Maybe he occasionally writes her letters. Maybe he doesn't. We don't know. And we as fans love to speculate. :)

"he and viper dont talk to each other in the movie"

And?, Have you read any of the Crane/Viper Fics?

I don't see how fan fictions play into this. You've spent several posts deconstructing the Mei-LingxCrane pairing in canon, yet you bring up fan-written stories to justify another? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with you liking CranexViper, I'm just asking you to be a little more consistent with your arguments.

8/15/2009 #14
Predsfan

"Also, 46 seconds of dialogue exchanged between the two characters in a 3:26 short is STILL more interaction than Crane and Viper got in an hour and a half movie! Proportiantely speaking, of course. "

I ship both CraneXViper and CraneXMei ling.

I "NEVER" base my pairings off levels of interaction(Unles the pairing is cute), excuses my language but that is f*** stupid to base a pairing off. I only used the 46 second thing as an example. And I would consider sitting next to each other at a dinner table interacting, living in the same house, Talking is not the only form of communication.

"Because she hadn't been invented by then. :) And the movie wasn't ABOUT Crane or remeniscing about old warriors, it was about Po becoming the Dragon Warrior. A reference to Mei Ling would've been out of place or just unimportant to the overall storyline. Who knows, maybe he DID mention Mei-Ling. Maybe he still keeps in touch with her. Maybe he occasionally writes her letters. Maybe he doesn't. We don't know. And we as fans love to speculate. :)"

I can just say SOTFF Part Crane was not about Mei Ling and Crane, It was about Crane learning kung fu. As for the whole maybe he still keeps in touch with her, Lets say he does not, and Mei ling served her purpose to explain Crane passed, BAM!! This pairings dead.

From someone who does alot of moveing, I never felt a need to stay intouch with a friend/girlfriend, because chances are I will never see them again.

"I don't see how fan fictions play into this. You've spent several posts deconstructing the Mei-LingxCrane pairing in canon, yet you bring up fan-written stories to justify another? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with you liking CranexViper, I'm just asking you to be a little more consistent with your arguments."

Um I was just asking a question.

I write CraneXVIper more often because I can do more with it. Most CraneXMei Ling to this.

1.Mei ling shows up to "Visit"

2.Crane apparently learned nothing at the academy and reverts back to his old shy self.

3.Crane then somehow relizes he always loved Mei ling.

4.Crane goes back the the academy with Mei Ling.

I personaly Hate the s*** out of a romace in kung fu panda, I would like madigascar mess it up. What I hate about Mei LingXCrane fans is the fact that they think that SOTFF ment romance, And I watch kun....

Enought of this, I read Mei lingXCrane fics because some are good, You should read CraneXViper Fics cause alot of them are good, I Hate it when people pick "Faviorite pairings" and make pointless comments saying why their pairing is all mighty.

My advice to you, "Dont Think mei lingXCrane is better then CraneXViper or TigressXTai lung is better then PoXTigress. Because chances are neither are happening."

8/15/2009 #15
Nobility

I "NEVER" base my pairings off levels of interaction(Unles the pairing is cute), excuses my language but that is f*** stupid to base a pairing off. I only used the 46 second thing as an example. And I would consider sitting next to each other at a dinner table interacting, living in the same house, Talking is not the only form of communication.

Fair enough points, although your language is entirely unnessecary- I did not mean to insult. And by interaction, I meant on-screen interaction and not just in the form of verbal communication- I was also simply responding to your point, as at that time, I was under the impression you were trying to justify CranexViper and degrade Mei-LingxCrane using this reasoning, and I was trying to point out the flaws- I apologize for misunderstanding you.

Um I was just asking a question.

Then I apologize for misunderstanding.

I admit, my earlier posts about Mei-LingxCrane do seem rather ignorant, but I do not mean to disparage anyone from liking the CranexViper pairing. I was just expressing my love of the pairing and then I made stupid unnessecary comments about another pairing.

Still, my advice to you is to CALM DOWN. You seem to be exploding at every opportunity when people are discussing pairings- in a FORUM for shipping, no less. No-one in this thread is saying there HAS to be romance in canon, we're just throwing out ideas about a fictional series and fictional characters- like you do when you write your fanfiction. We're not saying anything has to be set in stone, we haven't even had any shipping wars until YOU came along and started causing arguments. I have nothing against discussion, but when you come around and start posting rude comments about a particular pairing IN THE THREAD CREATED FOR THE FANS OF- you're bound to get some opposition. And you appear to keep flip-flopping on your position- you appear to be in favor of a particular pairing then you angrily point out there are no pairings in KFP. I apologize if I'm simply not understanding you correctly, but you're making it difficult to understand- do you object to the idea of people discussing and maybe preferring certain ships to others? Or do you simply wish to give people a reality check?

8/15/2009 #16
Predsfan

I want to give people a reality check, I hate poorly written story's where the author want to get away leaving out unimportant details about how certain characters love eachother, I want to see Love not lust when it comes to a romance fic.

If you want to ship Mei ling/Crane, by all means do. It but answear me this, would you be suprised if Mei LingXCrane does not happen in KFP 2?.

8/15/2009 #17
Nobility

I want to give people a reality check, I hate poorly written story's where the author want to get away leaving out unimportant details about how certain characters love eachother, I want to see Love not lust when it comes to a romance fic.

Then we can agree on something. :)

If you want to ship Mei ling/Crane, by all means do. It but answear me this, would you be suprised if Mei LingXCrane does not happen in KFP 2?.

I would not be surprised at all if it did not happen. If CranexViper was confirmed, I'd probably be surprised, but not devastated, especially if done well. In fact, if any fan-pairings were confirmed in the next movie I would be surprised, but I wouldn't be devastated or unsurprised if none of them were.

8/15/2009 #18
Predsfan

I say we make our own Forum this is off the subject and now we move into something else. What do you say?

8/15/2009 #19
Nobility

You mean a debate forum or a gen. discussion? Okay, fine with me. :)

8/15/2009 #20
Charlie B.Barkin

This discussion forum was a truly pain in the head,but appears that some guys dont want to disccus about the....pairing,some are complete against this.

8/24/2009 #21
Heir-to-the-throne

ok, you know what icemeerkat? if your going to bash alll the pairings on a PAIRING forum, is there a point? i thought we were here to discuss them and talk about why some are good and some are just bad or wierd? on that note, i do believe some of these pairings shouldnt exist, but most are ok. and besides, with like mei and crane, its GOOD that there isn't a lot to go on, because that means we have a lot more freedom to do as we will. and for another thing, i just don't like you now.

12/12/2009 #22
Tribunal Wolf

The guy created the forum, If he wants to trash talk the pairing let em, I absolutely hate it, Mei Lings character seems to much like a knock off of Vipers. This topic is a place to discuss pairing, that includes arguing against them.

12/14/2009 #23
Nobility

I, and most other shippers, have absolutely no problem with a little discussion and debate. What we DO have a problem with, though, is Icemeerkat's attitude. He complains about our favorite pairing, supports his own, then claims we're the ones being unreasonable and trying to shove romance down everyone's throats in a rather immature way. I'd have no problem with his critiques if he could just phrase them in a more respectable way.

12/14/2009 #24
Tribunal Wolf

Again, The guy created the forum. If you created a forum that says "Tribunal Wolf Sucks", I would have no problem with it. The only thing that p*** me off the worst about this site are the people that complain about other people's opinions. It's not like he goes to all the Mei LingXCrane fics and starts spamming. Omegawhaterver 3000 I do not like Mei LingXCrane, and I am sure that other people who are writing a fic specifically based on CraneX(Insert Character Name Here) do not like it as much either.

12/14/2009 #25
Nobility

We are not saying that Icemeerkat is not entitled to his opinions, we are merely expressing annoyance at the way he so forcefully asserts his opinions and then gets mad when other people disagree with him. Icemeerkat can say Mei LingxCrane sucks, but I do not think it sucks, and I have a right to list why I do not think the pairing sucks.

Honestly, though, he's perfectly entitled to his opinion. I don't really care. I'm just annoyed at the way he constantly seems to flip-flop on his position (arguing in favor of a particular pairing and then arguing AGAINST all pairings) and how he can't seem to respond reasonably to a comment on a ship. I would love some thoughtful debate, it's just that Icemeerkat can't seem to provide it.

12/14/2009 #26
Tribunal Wolf

"arguing in favor of a particular pairing and then arguing AGAINST all pairings"

Thats how I am, You can still like a pairing, but in general be against the pairing actually becoming canon. I love eating cake, but hate eating too many calories. You can love a certain aspect of cake but still be against the idea of cake.

12/14/2009 #27
Glittering Turquoise

I like the love between Mei Ling & Crane and I think that they most likely has a crush on each other in the movie! They're so sweet together! ^-^

1/13/2010 #28
Tribunal Wolf

Their love wansnt a romantic one, there's a reason why we don't hear about Mei LIng outside of SOTFF, something happened between the two. You'll find that out later though.

1/13/2010 #29
Nobility

And where, pray tell, did you get that particular piece of information?

1/13/2010 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: RenkonNairu
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member