The Galaxy Far, Far Away
A bold new Galaxy unhindered by movie canon heroes and villians... a new Sith Order has brought WAR to the entire Galaxy. "Who will RISE and who will FALL?" The Universe is set, year is 27 ABY... the story is you! Where will you stand? *No Yuuzhan Vong* Also included are our Infinities Sub-threads that let you create your own universes!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »
Catlover friendly-but-xplosive

"With what I do, what all bounty hunters do, you can't afford to trust anyone else completely. It's just money, just buisness- but that isn't a comfort to a widow." Isiar sighed deeply. "When I was a child? I wanted to be a dancer," she smiled.

1/13/2011 #91
Jesterman

Back stage of the Circus Horrificus, City of Keren, Blind Togruta

The robed Togruta entered the back state of the Circus. He had no idea why but something had drawn him to this place.

1/13/2011 #92
rimera

City of Keren, Circus Horrificus backstage, Nue Borne

Nue didn't see anyone around. It appeared she was home free... the bouncer wasn't at his post, so she'd better get out now while she-

She felt a shiver down her spine, and stopped in her tracks. Was someone coming? She hadn't heard anything... maybe it was her imagination, but she had the feeling like she was being watched. She cast about furtively, hoping the Houk bouncer wasn't just around the corner...

1/13/2011 #93
Jesterman

City of Keren, Circus Horrificus backstage, Blind Togruta

The Togruta scanned the area then he spotted the aura of a little child.

1/13/2011 #94
rimera

Nue frowned to herself. The bouncer was nowhere to be seen. She was just imagining things. But that feeling just would not go away. Slowly, she began to make her way forward...

Then she stopped. "I know you're there," she said softly to the darkness. It was a gamble, but she held her ground. Someone was here... it was better if she faced them, than allow herself to be stabbed from behind. Besides, if she knew where they were, she would know in which direction to run.

1/13/2011 . Edited 1/13/2011 #95
Jesterman

City of Keren, Circus Horrificus backstage, Grob

The robed Togruta walked out of the shadows with a curious look on his face. Before he could speak though, the Houk bouncer, Grob, walked in and spotted the robed Togruta.

"Hey you're not allowed back here!"

He marched towards the robed Togruta furiously...

1/13/2011 #96
rimera

The appearance of the Togruta seemingly out of nowhere took Nue's breath away, but Grob's voice snapped her out of it. She ran towards him, placing herself between him and the Togruta, a dangerous place to be. "Grob, wait! Hey, stop!" she yelled, desperate to get the Houk's attention. He hesitated, and cast her an impatient glance. "This guy's okay. I saw him talking to the Ringmaster," she said, thinking fast. She spoke quietly, willing him to believe her. "You don't want to kill one of his clients, do you? You'll get us all in trouble!" she said, acting the part so well, she almost believed it.

The Houk looked at the Togruta, then back at Nue, and shrugged. "Sorry, sir," he said in his low grating voice, and walked away.

Nue swallowed. She wasn't exactly sure she'd done a good thing... now she was alone with a complete stranger who had just been lurking in the shadows.

1/13/2011 #97
Jesterman

"Thank you, child."

The robed Togruta looked at Nue. With the lighting she could now see his unusual chalky black colored skin and montrails. That and that the completel paleness of his eyes showed that he was most likely blind.

1/13/2011 . Edited 1/13/2011 #98
rimera

Nue relaxed. It was an old, blind Togruta. Nothing to be afraid of, right? Still, she felt hesitant, like one of the animals before going through the ring of fire. She took a deep breath, and went for it. "Are you lost, sir?" she asked, all thought of exploring gone from her mind. She was very curious to see why a blind Togruta was sneaking around in the back of a Circus...

1/13/2011 #99
Jesterman

"No... i just... thought I heard something. Regardless, I do thank you, child and hope to return the favor some day."

He then left the backstage.

1/13/2011 #100
rimera

After the Togruta had left, Nue returned to the cages, no longer feeling like going anywhere.

The next few hours were busy with preparations as the Circus got ready for its first show on Naboo. Nue made her rounds, slipping into the cages of the most violent animals, calming them just a little so the handlers could get them out in the arena without mishap. When she reached the arqet's cage, however, her heart dropped to her stomach. A Gamorrean, someone she didn't recognize, was beating it mercilessly with a neuronic whip. Nue's eyes went wide with shock and pure rage. "Leave him alone!!!" she screamed at the Gamorrean, running at him, and promptly knocked to the ground by a great green arm. Her vision swam, but she didn't let that stop her. "Stop it! You don't have to do that! Stop it NOW!!!" she screamed, jumping on him, biting his arm hard, tearing into flesh. Next thing she knew, she was being thrown across the room. Before she lost consciousness, she saw the arqet charge at the Gamorrean angrily, the chains barely holding...

Nue's head pounded as she regained consciousness. The Gamorrean and the arqet were gone, and from the sounds, the Circus was underway. Nue got up shakily, feeling like she might throw up, and made her way to her customary place, hidden just inside the arena, ready to run out if one of the animals got out of hand. The arqet was in the arena now, and so was the new Gamorrean handler.

Bile threatened to come up as Nue watched in horror. The Gamorrean was beating the old creature mercilessly, and the arqet was not doing any of the tricks she had taught him. Suddenly, after one particularly harsh crack of the whip, he turned around and promptly bit off the Gamorrean's head.

The audience screamed, and blood spurted from the wound almost comically. The arqet wasn't going to stop there, though. It ran at the audience, but before it could get far, one of the bouncers thrust into it with a spear. The arqet staggered to the ground, in great pain, slowly bleeding to death.

"NOOOO!" Nue screamed out, then suddenly heard the Ringmaster's voice from behind her.

"You! You twerp! You were supposed to control that animal! You cost me an arqet AND a handler!" the Twi'lek yelled, his blue face nearly purple. He strode out to where the Gamorrean had fallen, and picked up the neuronic whip. "I'll take it out of your hide!" he snarled, and before Nue could think to run, the whip came down and she suddenly learned a brand new definition of pain...

1/13/2011 . Edited 1/13/2011 #101
Jesterman

City of Keren, Circus Horrificus, Blind Togruta

.... or at least she would have if the whip had actually touched her. Instead her ears were met with the sound of the ringmaster's painful scream. The blind stranger from before was there and the ringmaster's arm was flying in mid arm having been sliced off.

He cursed and screamed as he stumbled back away from the blind Togruta.

1/13/2011 . Edited 1/13/2011 #102
rimera

City of Keren, Circus Horrificus Arena, Nue Borne

Nue wasn't sure if the darkness meant she was dead, or not. She heard voices, screams, and she smelled sweat mixed with detergent. Raising her arm, she brushed away the cape that had apparently been draped over her. Around her, she saw bodies... everyone had left, running away from the carnage. The arqet lay shuddering some distance away... Nue's feet felt like lead, but she forced herself to walk over to the dying creature. Tears ran down her face as she gently patted the back of the creature's great head. "It's not fair," she heard herself saying, finding it hard to swallow. Suddenly, the great creature sighed, and was still. The little girl covered her face with her arms over the creature's dead body, and cried.

1/13/2011 #103
Jesterman

City of Keren, Circus Horrificus, Blind Togruta

"That poor creature did not deserve what happened to it. I am truly sorry, child."

1/13/2011 #104
rimera

City of Keren, Circus Horrificus, Nue Borne

Nue looked up at his voice, then looked all around them. The arqet had killed the Gamorrean and a few members of the audience, but some of those dead, like the Ringmaster, were killed another way. She glared at the fallen corpse of the Ringmaster. "We had a deal... I was the only one who handled the arqet, and it would do everything it was supposed to. Why didn't he just leave it alone? It was old... it didn't want to fight! It just wanted to be fed and have the bones knocked out of its hooves from time to time. Why didn't he just leave it alone?!" Her sadness was turning into anger. She stood, and looked at the dead Ringmaster. "I hope you rot," she spat at him, and turned to the blind Togruta. "I don't know where to go, now," she said, uncertainty stealing away her anger.

1/13/2011 #105
moonlicks

Ashura Cafe, Kine, Enelm and kids

Kine walked into the establishment and headed towards the back. Today was a rough day for him because all the berry farmers are haggling their produce at an ridiculous cost. When he stepped into the kitchen he saw his wife on the floor and a strange man cradling her head trying to revive her. "Who are you and what happened to my wife?"

Enelm froze at his attempts to revive Diva after he heard his brother inquired about his wife. Handing her off to Yina he turned around and said,"She fainted, Kine."

"Who are you and how do you know my name?" asked Kine calmly.

"Use your senses," answered Enelm abruptly as he tried to reach Turkos for the 5th time in a row.

Kine raised his eyebrow and wondered what the strange man meant. Then he picked up on Enelm's scent. "Enelm?"

"It is me, brother. I have been searching for you ever since you had been adopted. As for your wife here, she had fainted due to a large amount of stress. Someone this afternoon tried to kidnap Isiara, half the work staff has been fired , and the one that did her in is the fact that your other children are missing."

Kine was now worried and crouched down next to his brother trying to revive his wife.

Belan walked into the cafe and stuck out her tongue at Alana before joining her siblings at Alana's table and watched Isiar as she headed towards the kitchen area or to the refresher that was nearby.

1/14/2011 #106

Ashura Cafe, Isiar

Isiar headed to the kitchen, looking concerned.

1/14/2011 #107
moonlicks

Ashura Cafe, Enelm, Kine

Enelm heard someone walk into the kitchen and saw Isiar walk in looking worried. "We can't seem to revive her. Do you have any suggestions?"

Kine looked down at his wife and tried waking her up, "This is her first day back at the job right after she had the baby. I told her to take it easy, but she is quite stubborn."

1/14/2011 #108

Ashura Cafe, Isiar

Isiar knelt beside her.

"Wake up, Diva," she said softly.

1/14/2011 #109
moonlicks

Ashura Cafe, Diva

Diva heard a Isiar's voice and began to come to, but she was still worried about her missing children.

1/14/2011 #110
Jargin

Theed: Turkos

He landed in the city of Theed. Speeders everywhere were giving rides. The Devaronian flagged one down.

"To Ashura's cafe."

Turkos was sure everyone had arrived now. Cadaverous was safe and parked neatly on a docking bay.

The speeder the Devaronian hopped in sped away.

1/14/2011 #111

Ashura Cafe, Isiar

"We'll find them," Isiar promised. "Don't worry."

1/14/2011 #112
moonlicks

Ashura Cafe, Diva

" I can't help it. Do you have children Isiar?" she asked after sipping some tea and glancing over to see her husband bonding with his brother.

1/14/2011 #113

Ashura Cafe, Isiar

"Not of my own," Isiar replied.

1/14/2011 #114
moonlicks

Ashura Cafe, Diva

"I know the feeling. Isiara is my own child. The rest were adopted and I can't help worry about them. My son Hinghao is your atypical Devoronian boy who is a bit too naive and mischievous for his own good. My other son must be so terrified, he is only five years old. I don't even want to think about what my daughter must be going through. You are a bounty hunter and you know how much a beautiful young girl would cost around in the slaving industry. I should know. I used to be a slave."

1/14/2011 #115

Ashura Cafe, Isiar

"Only from what I've heard," Isiar replied, to the slave question. "I never went there with a barge pole."

1/14/2011 #116
moonlicks

Ashura Cafe, Diva

"At least now you know the reason why I am so on edge. Changing to a lighter subject, what is your relationship with Enelm?"

1/14/2011 #117

Ashura Cafe, Isiar

"I'm considering it. I don't quite know how I feel about him," Isiar replied, her skin around her horns mottling in what passed as a blush for Zabraks.

1/14/2011 #118
moonlicks

Ashura Cafe, Diva

Diva noticed this and said," It seems to me that you love him, but you don't want to ruin your friendship. Of course this is based on the fact that you just blushed at the mere mention. You must had a rough start in life, like I did in a way. So used to being alone, but when then it seems like overnight you have someone to care about and you don't know what to do about it. Trust me, it took a few months for me to get over that dilemma and marry Kine."

1/14/2011 #119

Ashura Cafe, Isiar

Isiar scowled.

"Don't try to get into my head," she muttered, ignoring the fact everything she said was exactly right.

1/14/2011 #120
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Jesterman Those Damn Stormcloaks, Sparrow9612, Darksider27, Shadow B. Panther
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member