Digimon shippings!
ANOTHER Dejimon shipping debate here ! I'll be doing several well known shipings, and such. NO flaming other people, if you must flame, flame the COUPLE you dislike, but NO flaming people!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
Hiroko-ka

NO "Because it is kawaii/cute" because its NOT a reason, it is what you think. I mean, what manga/anime randomised couple ISNT cute? Not saying these are randomly generated (Well...Rukato and Jenruki are...XP)

I support Ryuki. Think about it, theres SO MUCH compared to Jenruki and Rukato. Im firstly gonna quote something someone on here said about Ryuki and Rukato:

"While Ryo is going to have some problems he'll need to overcome (like the staying-in-one-stinkin'-dimension-for-once thing), he is one of the few people who aren't deathly afraid of Rika's wrath, and that's really what Rika needs. I don't think Rika would at all be happy with a boyfriend who was a spineless wimp, and while Takato certainly isn't spineless or wimpy, he's very shy and submissive. He'd be more inclined to go "yes ma'am, of course Rika, whatever you want..." instead of argue with her. And, as mentioned on the show, Rika likes to argue- friendly arguments, of course, but she likes the thrill of that. Takato tends to avoid conflict, Rika likes to cause it. Ryo would definitely take the opposite side on her arguments on some occasions, but they're not so different that they have nothing in common and their arguments degenerate into fighting. Plus, Ryo is a tad cocky and arrogant, he also tends to want to work alone and that might get him into trouble- with Rika by his side, he'd learn to value of Teamwork™."

Copyright. Nobility

They got it right on the mark! Plus did it EVER occur to some people that Ruki and Takato, Ruki and Jenrya; they might just be...*GASP/SHOCK/HORROR* GOOD FRIENDS? XP Ryuki forever!

(Oh, and Juri has returned Takato's feelings in the CD drama so there Rukato-ers! :P)

Edit: Note: Im a little more mature now, but I stand by my meaning. I just dont mean it as offensively as it sounds. Sorry~! ^^;;

9/20/2008 . Edited 12/31/2008 #1
Patty Potter-Pevensie

Oh yeah? Well there are plenty reasons why you support your own coupling, ad I'll respect that. People can have their own views, and if some people like Ryuki/Jurato then okay. I'm not gonna make them go over to the Rukato side.But there are reasons people like the couples they do, and here are some about Rukato. And Rukato IS NOT A RANDOMIZED COUPLE!!!!!!!!

"Rika is an independent, intelligent, strong-willed, macho girl who is very much of a tomboy with a sarcastic sense of humor." ~TwilightMistress-19 (Deviantart)

"Takato is a soft-hearted, quiet, friendly boy who is extremely loving and sensitive." ~TwilightMistress-19 (Deviantart)

It depends on how you look at it, two opposites=great relationship, or two opposites=horrible relationship

But if the two in a relationship were very alike, where would the adventure be? If I were stuck with someone so alike to me, I would become bored outta my mind. But that's just my opinion.

If you were different, you would be able to do so many different things. They could convince you to do something, and you them.

If they were strong/weak in the same areas, as Takato/Jeri and Rika/Ryo are, they wouldn't be able to support each other.

And, Takato did dream about Rika, even if it was her fighting a digimon with Renamon, it's still a dream.

Plus, Rika gave Takato a nickname, and no one else. (At least I think no one else, maybe I've been reading too much fanfiction on that..) Gogglehead. In that way, she's kinda flirting with him. At the beginning, though, she calls him Lover-boy.

Takato also gave Rika a nickname, even if it didn't last through the series. Dream-girl.

When they're walking through that tunnel to fight the d-reaper, Takato compliments Rika on her shirt. And before that Renamon and Guilmon were teased by Terriermon about liking each other. Y'know what they say, like Tamer like Digimon, which stands to say if there's something going on with Guilmon and Renamon, there's something going on with Takato and Rika.

Now, I know in the beginning Takato did have a crush on Jeri, but that was the beginning. It was shown by Takato being nervous around Jeri most of the time. But as time went on, he started to get more comfortable around Jeri and more timid and nervous around Rika.

Takato was also the one to get Rika to open up her heart towards him and everyone.

Rika usually picks on Takato the most, and as I stated before, that's her way of showing her affection.

Well, I believe I am done explaining things here. If you need a more detailed description, just go to deviantart and type in Theory Behind Rukato. I did get a few words from there myself, but I changed them around a bit, so it's not totally exact.

4/16/2009 #2
Patty Potter-Pevensie

Also, you can go search Rukato on google, then click image results for Rukato, and the result I'm telling you about should be the first one on the bottom row on page one, it should be Takato and Rika's hands. You should be able to tell by the wristbands. There's more evidence there.

4/16/2009 #3
Hiroko-ka

Oh yeah? Well there are plenty reasons why you support your own coupling, ad I'll respect that. People can have their own views, and if some people like Ryuki/Jurato then okay. I'm not gonna make them go over to the Rukato side.But there are reasons people like the couples they do, and here are some about Rukato. And Rukato IS NOT A RANDOMIZED COUPLE!!!!!!!!

Note: I'd read RyouRuki bashing that day (By a few Rukato fans) ^^; Anywayz: I do feel it as a bit of a forced idea for a coupling. I dont think I meant "randomised" as such, but more...hm...well, Takato is the main lead, and distinct since we've had nothing but hot-heads for leaders the past 2 series. Ruki is a distinct female character since she takes "tomboy" to next level (Well, by Digimon's standards xD). Since people normally pair their fave characters, the idea of "Rukato" was likely. Dosent make it real tho. I'm not trying to force people to like my coupling, but simply state why I feel Rukato was never intended.

"Rika is an independent, intelligent, strong-willed, macho girl who is very much of a tomboy with a sarcastic sense of humor." ~TwilightMistress-19 (Deviantart)

"Takato is a soft-hearted, quiet, friendly boy who is extremely loving and sensitive." ~TwilightMistress-19 (Deviantart)

It depends on how you look at it, two opposites=great relationship, or two opposites=horrible relationship

But if the two in a relationship were very alike, where would the adventure be? If I were stuck with someone so alike to me, I would become bored outta my mind. But that's just my opinion.

Which is why I adore RyouRuki - they are very compatible in the sense of Ryou flirting with her, she uses her sarcastic sense of humour to counter it. Plus Ruki needs someone who can argue back, not sorta shy away.

If they were strong/weak in the same areas, as Takato/Jeri and Rika/Ryo are, they wouldn't be able to support each other.

But I dont see them like that. Ryou is brave, a little flirtatious and generally friendly. Ruki is a little cold, kinda sarcastic yet warms up later. They have a contrast between each other, yet similarities. I dont think they have the same weaknesses for example, or the same strengths ('cept the Digimon card game of course xD). They do have similar ambitions, as stated in their character songs. To become strong, and I think this is a major point - they'd understand each other well (In that respect). As for Takato and Juri, again, they DO seem similar, but when you look at their characters in more depth; at the beginning Takato is a shy, creative and curious. Juri is sweet, not really shy, and cheerful. She worries for Takato a lot, and he has this thing for her. Then, later, Juri gets all broken up, and Takato becomes stronger. But he stays his gentle self. Ive always felt that they'd both need someone sweet. Plus they can both help each other if they have an understanding of each other YET there are some things they dont understand about one another. etc. etc. xD

And, Takato did dream about Rika, even if it was her fighting a digimon with Renamon, it's still a dream.

But my problem is that Rukato fans use it as a hint when it is no such thing. It was Takato being inroduced to fighting, or a premonition or whatever you wanna think of it as - just not romantic. Plus, who else was out there fighting with their Digimon? ('sides Ryou.)

Plus, Rika gave Takato a nickname, and no one else. (At least I think no one else, maybe I've been reading too much fanfiction on that..) Gogglehead. In that way, she's kinda flirting with him. At the beginning, though, she calls him Lover-boy.

Dub invention, the only nick name used in the entire series was "Sawayaka kousen" which meant something like...if I remember right; "Refreshing light ray" It was given to Ryou by Ruki x3 Saracastic, but still flirting.

Takato also gave Rika a nickname, even if it didn't last through the series. Dream-girl.

Again, dub-invention, Takato uses everyone's names normally.

When they're walking through that tunnel to fight the d-reaper, Takato compliments Rika on her shirt. And before that Renamon and Guilmon were teased by Terriermon about liking each other. Y'know what they say, like Tamer like Digimon, which stands to say if there's something going on with Guilmon and Renamon, there's something going on with Takato and Rika.

That scene was a character development sorta thing. Here we've got Takato who, throughout it all, hasnt changed entirely (Still gets embarrassed easily). Whereas Ruki, who sincerely did not care before, now also feels embarrassed. I didnt see it as romantic, just embarrassement. And I really dont think that just 'cuz the Tamer likes another means their Digimon like each other. WormmonxHawkmon? Altho. I generally dont see any Digimon having a romance, I have considered ImpRena, considering their personalities XD 'sides, Ruki giggles with Ryou more then Ive seen her "flirt" with Takato.

Now, I know in the beginning Takato did have a crush on Jeri, but that was the beginning. It was shown by Takato being nervous around Jeri most of the time. But as time went on, he started to get more comfortable around Jeri and more timid and nervous around Rika.

Not really, I mean, what was ep 51? Plus the creator has stated Takato is falling in love with her AND in the CD drama they almost admit they like each other. Whereas Ryou kinda persuaded Ruki to send a message to Renamon (Considering the 6th movie is not canon). Or atleast helped to persuade her. And, if Takato really does have a crush on Ruki, when she turns up to send a message to Renamon, Takato says, "So you met Ryou-san?" which clearly indicates he thinks Ryou has some influence on her. Whereas Takato has implied romance to Juri earlier.

Takato was also the one to get Rika to open up her heart towards him and everyone.

It is everyones combined efforts, mainly Renamon's. The main point of Digimon is the bond/friendship between Digimon and partner. Plus, imo, Ruki seemed to change a little more after ep 28...

Rika usually picks on Takato the most, and as I stated before, that's her way of showing her affection.

At the beginning, he genuinely annoyed her, later, as did everyone else. Later, she warms up to everyone, and has remarks for everyone (Altho, to be honest, the dub made her more sarcastic then she originally was.). I'll go into this more later (I am currently watching the original series xD and havent seen a part where she specifically picks on him yet.

Well, I believe I am done explaining things here. If you need a more detailed description, just go to deviantart and type in Theory Behind Rukato. I did get a few words from there myself, but I changed them around a bit, so it's not totally exact.

Ive looked at it. A lot of what it has said is taken from the dub, and what isnt just reminds me of friendship. I see why you'd go there to get ideas xD And now: Im sorry if I come off as offensive, I dont mean it, but this subject seriously bothers me xD; Most of it (Except for the odd quote) is pretty much my opinion, I realise that. I see Takato and Ruki's relationship as pure friendhip. Same goes for Jenrya and Ruki, and Takato and Jenrya. Look for the Digimon Tamers song "3 Primary Colours" and find the translation. I guess thats why I object the idea of Rukato (And JenRuki, but I dont see a lot of that, so Im not that bothered xD) so much - the song expresses their deep friendship, and thats what I love in Digimon - you can have 2 characters of opposite gender, both main characters and YET they are not romantically involved. Its a shame a lot of the fandom had to shove them together, but everyone is entitled to what they like.

/rant xD

Edit: Yeah, Ive seen that site before...didnt find any of the "hints" to be real "hints" particulary... xD

4/16/2009 . Edited 4/17/2009 #4
OmegaRain Productions

to be honest jeri is just obssesed with takato in my veiw xD anywho if you pay attention not once did she blush around ryo(who mind you is realy way to cocky for his own good xD) but mostly around takato so yeah and the nicknames she gave ryo(if you can call them that) where more insults than compliments to ryo. xD so rukato all they way lolz

8/7/2009 #5
Hiroko-ka

to be honest jeri is just obssesed with takato in my veiw xD anywho if you pay attention not once did she blush around ryo(who mind you is realy way to cocky for his own good xD) but mostly around takato so yeah and the nicknames she gave ryo(if you can call them that) where more insults than compliments to ryo. xD so rukato all they way lolz

I thought Takato was obssessed with Juri...? Well, does admit he likes her on the train x3 As for Ruki, granted, she didn't blush around Ryou, but she does giggle around Ryou (In the original) and I never saw her like that around Takato :P XD

8/7/2009 . Edited 8/7/2009 #6
Aninika

Ryuki all the way!!!!

My best defense for this couple is that they both give each other nicknames Rika calls Ryo hero boy and Ryo calls Rika wildcat or pumpkin. Yeah, Rika may blush on the occasional thing Takato says, but that means nothing most girls blush when you compliment them, it's a reaction so what? Takato like Jeri that is obvious if you cannot see that then please re-watch the whole 3rd season of digimon. Takato is a nice guy, but he's winey no girl likes whinny unless she's whinny herself...Jeri . Ryo and Rika are just overall a great couple. They complete each other and Ryo is stronger than Rika and can tolerate her arrogant side. Takato is a winey little cry baby who could get no better than Jeri or Suzie...hmm new couple interest brewing...TAKATOXSUZIE FOREVER BUWAHAHAHAHAHA. But seriously RyoXRika do your research they're meant for each other.

9/19/2009 #7
Serifu321

Waaa! I can't believe I am sooo late in seeing this. Ryuki all the way!

Why, I also started with JenRuki before I actually heard of Ryo. I really never thought of pairing Ruki with Takato even from the very beginning of episode 1. I mean, it's because of Juri and Takato's conversation there. It somehow gave me a vibe that Takato likes Juri and as I can see from the later episodes and the CD drama, yes, they do like each other. And also it does seem wrong when the boy is quite submissive to the girl.

JenRuki on the other hand, well at first, I thought they would end up together because I really couldn't find anyone to pair with the both of them. Yeah, that was when I was young and innocent and during that time, I stop watching Tamers because the Dub didn't seem to entertain me. Later, after 2 years, well, actually just this April, I suddenly got an urge to watch Tamers as it was the only Digimon season I haven't watched yet and since they also already uploaded all the sub episodes and in preparation for the upcoming Digimon Xros Wars, I started watching it. And as far as I could see, the interaction between Ruki and Jen was just friendship, nothing more, nothing less. I even think that Jen wasn't even interested with Ruki to begin with. Heck, when Ryo came, it's like he's the only person that Jen is actually interested with(eww. yaoi...).

Ryuki, oh yes, its like they're almost as canon as Jurato is. I actually didn't start pairing Ruki with Ryo because as I said, I stopped watching Tamers so I did not pair them until I skipped through the final episode. That's just me, sometimes I usually watch the last eps without watching the whole series. Though it was still in dub as there was no one who uploaded subs yet, this dude who kept saying "Pumpkin" to Ruki kinda got my attention and Ruki also calls him "Hot-shot" which really left me the impression that two are one of the canon pairings, even though I was wrong, they seem pretty canon to me. That's why I started researching for "this dude" and found out that his name was Ryo.

Also, I tried watching all the episodes of Tamers in sub and the only person who Ruki had given a nickname was Ryo as proven by Hiroko-ka. DigiRoyalty also gave proof that there's more to them that meets the eye. And does everyone know? The only people who Ryo actually called out by name in the whole series were just Ruki and Jen but mostly Ruki. And somehow every time Ryo comes, it's always Ruki's reaction that comes after. Their relationship also reminds of one of those shoujo mangas where the main girl at the beginning dislikes the boy because of somewhat losing to him overall in the things she does and in the end, the girl ends up liking that boy.

8/11/2010 #8
zombietamato52

I want to say a few things to everybody here: first of all, the only completely impossible pair is JenRuki because I don't see anything at all between them. I think that both Rukato and Ryuki are the most realistic of the three. Why? Well, lets see, Jenry and Ruki have nothing in common and more importantly don't interact with each other very much. Look, I'm a Rukato fan because I think it fits as much as Ryuki because Ruki can relate to Ryu very easily and they are at an understanding, but I also think that Takato is the opposite. It matters because Takato seems to be the only one who seems to be able to really talk to her and keep her under control (mentally). I understand what you're saying, but I also believe that the 6th movie is cannon because the one reason they made it was to confirm that the tamers were re-united with their digimon. The creators themselves said that it was the main reason for making the movie. In the movie, Rukato really shows. I also think that the CD drama comes first, then the movie comes out (Actually, technically, it did because they realeased the 6th movie in 2005 for the U.S after the CD drama, but it orignally released before the CD drama). I think that Ryo and Ruki have a love/hate relationship and seem more like brothers. I really like Rukato because Ryo and Ruki are too similar and it is a rather bland idea because I've seen plenty of this idea. Oh, and who ever made that comment about Takato being a push-over, first of all, he can't be spineless because he would just be a dead bag of organs, and second all, Jerri is the spineless wimp! Takato is sort of submissive towards girls, but he is the one with the fighting spirit and is also the one who normally isn't afraid to play with fire (what I mean is that he's always the idiot who is crazy enough to take risks. Not always the smart ones, but the right ones). Long live Rukato!

11/1/2010 #9
CoopDaWhoop

The only one that seems to be random is JenRuki thing. yes i can see that they are really good friends. who was the one who managed to have Rika open up? it was Takato. though why he does things without thinking through it a lot I will never really understand. Ryo needs to choose a dimension and stay in it! (seriously trying to find background story and everything about him jumping dimensions is giving me a headache) yes he's probably the only one who shows no fear to Rika. sweet as it is with his little nicknames he comes up with for her, i only got to say this, why the heck only wait til the end to put him in? (this is a strict opinion of mine) in all honesty Ryo and Rika's relationship seem more competitive than romantic. Ryo does all those things to get rika's attention and also to show off, while Rika gives her attention to Ryo not wanting to be outdone by him. Yes they would be able to compliment each other not wanting to be outdone by the other but I think that makes it more of a Rivalry than a relationship. Takato, yes is submissive but he wants to make people happy. Now He may have a thing for Jeri throughout the series and the feelings seemed mutual near the end (and in the CD drama). but you can't deny the fact that when he saw Jeri crack because of Leomons death he got downright scary. and Jeri doesn't look like the kind of girl who could take that kind of devotion. so Takato cannot be a spineless wimp (I'm sorry if others have pointed this out already I'm just trying to say Takato has a backbone) because if one of his friends ever get hurt or anything like what happened to Jeri he'd jump off the deep end to make sure whoever did that would pay. He's a devoted guy, she's a tough girl. it works about as well as Ryuki, tough girl, with equally tough guy. I only like rukato because it seems alright and the simple hints are just what people tend to overlook.

11/8/2010 #10
zombietamato52
Well, you're wrong about ryo only being given a nickname: goggle head. I also want to say this: in the first half of the season, she makes all kinds of remarks about takato being in love with her and even calling him lover boy from time to time. Also realize that even if Rika and ryo dated, they would breakup a lot or they wouldn't last because one will make an augument and do stiff just to p*** each other off. It ends up a complete p*** match
4/8/2011 #11
zombietamato52
Okay first again, i want to talk about jenruki: if they ended up dating, I'll have grown a second head and found the cure to cancer. Rukato is plausible at best, but it isn't completely random. It is just less likely compared to Ryuki. Rukato has some evidence, but more in the parsimony movie, which is canon by the way! But jenruki is just as random as takatoxhikari! I overlook cross over charters * cough...ryo...cough* in pairings I mean they aren't even from the same freakin' universe, so why do people force it to work? Ryo is one of my least favorite digimon characters because he is a CROSS-OVER character who isn't very important, hes only there to flex his muscles! Ryo is just a thing the creators pulled out of their buts to keep the show fresh(in my opinion). He has his own mother-fing dimension to stick to! Okay I'm calm now and I'll say a few more things: Ryo is a stereotypical world class hotshot and cassanova. He is the kind of guy who will have several girlfriends at once. While I prefer rukato, the cereal drama cd creator said that Takato had developed a CRUSH on Rika at the end. Let's face it Rika would prefer a loyal boyfriend (Takato) over a rolling stone ( Ryo)
4/8/2011 #12
wolfgirl-aki

to be honest i am stuck between jenruki and ryuki

6/3/2011 #13
Hiroko-ka

Wooooooooahhh I havent been here in ages. Okay, I'll try to address what the last few posters have said individually, and I'll try to put some passion behind it since I havent had mah shippin' on in so long. I'd also like to address how everyone keeps making assumptions on how the characters may act or their relationships in future. I do it too, Im not saying its awful, but I think the point I like making is that TakaJuri is the canon couple within what is shown of Digimon Tamers (the creator has pretty much said it), and RyouRuki was at least heavily hinted. So Im really only going to discuss what the show has shown me, and not the dub either.

@CoopDaWhoop: Over the course of the show, /everyone/ got Ruki to open up a little more. Digimon's ultimate theme is friendship, not romance. And Takato is the main-main character, if you know what I mean. There is a center around him and what he achieves - including getting close to his friends. He gets Jenrya to open up too, and despite the amount of TakaJen doujinshi, thats certainly not gonna happen. (XD) Ruki lets Juri hug her, and tries comforting her later on the arc - some might deem this OOC for Ruki, but its her opening up to her friends slowly, through interraction with all of them. My basic point here is that characters helping another emotionally =/= romance. It can be, but because of Digimon's general nature, its a strict friendship thing.

Despite the amount of fanfics that portray them like this, that is not all there is to Ryou and Ruki's relationship. Its annoying that Ryou shows up much later on but it makes sense; he has been stuck in the Digital World all that time, after all. Nonetheless, they show genuine concern for each other, and they flirt more. In fact, as far as Im concerned, the dub makes their relationship seem far more competitive; the original shows Ruki's absolute dislike for Ryou on account of him beating her and Kenta and Hirokazu's fanboy-mentality about him, whilst Ryou finds her immediate dislike for him confusing, and even slightly hurtful. However, they get over this pretty fast, and it becomes a mutual trust sort of thing, which is something that works very well for them. I mean, the whole bit where Ryou sacrifices himself and Ruki almost cries? I know she'd be upset about anyone, but that scene uses Ryou to show development; and Ryou's not quite as main-a character as Ruki, Jen or Takato, which signifies how important he is to her. That and the creators do love putting them together A LOT. "Digimon King and Queen" after all.

Had Juri been scared of Takato's devotion, I dont think she would have told him she'd missed him and thrown her arms around him all emotional-like. Juri has seen Takato at his worst, both in sadness and anger, and by the end they're still close to confessing their /mutual feelings/ for one another. (Well, in the drama CD~) The creator has even stated that Juri is Takato's first love, and whilst that doesnt mean "omgtwuwubz333", it clearly is an important enough plot-point to mention her. The amount of devotion he has to all his friends is adorable, anyway, its not just to Juri. And the thing is, Takato always displays a slight weariness of Ruki. Its not like he's terrified of her (Though he was at the beginning), but their friendship allows them him to act as he does around her - but if it were a romantic relationship, it would be too awkward. Even by the end, Takato is an awkward guy (His almost-attempt at confessing to Juri in the drama CD proves this). Ruki would only get frustrated or embarassed. Whereas with Ryou, she can genuinely laugh with him (See the Sakuyamon ep), and it would be more flirting than competitiveness (See the arc episode), tho that competitive element is there, its definitely not a bad thing. Im not saying there were absolutely no hints of Takato and Ruki perhaps having a bit of a crush on each other, but they are only slight, and it doesnt necessarily mean anything. Ive had slight crushes on guy friends of mine before, never went out with them because they're just good friends of mine. To me, Ruki and Takato's relationship is a strong bond of friendship.

@zombietamato52: I share a similar opinion on JenRuki, however I do think its an interesting idea on account of their opposing philosophies - Ruki being aggressive and Jen being a pacifist. However, within the show, I never saw anything between them. If anything, Jen was quietly shipping Ruki with Ryou and Takato - the smile when he sees Ruki and Ryou flirting in the arc for example. =P But basically, I dont like to ship any of the main 3 Tamers with each other. I'd also like this statement of the creators saying the 2nd OVA was to show the Tamers got back together w/ their Digimon? Because when I read the main writer of Tamer's site, he said he was happy the show explored Ruki's background, however he was not consulted on it being made, thus I believe the movie only being for the purpose of showing more of Ruki's past. It clashes with the drama CD too - they take place around the same time, yet they both show completely different scenarios. Im not gonna debate whats canon here tho, its not really the point. The point is the 2nd OVA explores /Ruki's past/, its not meant to be an exploration of any relationship aside from with her father, or how close they were. Why is Takato there? Because he is the main-main character who the show has had a center on for so long - the 1st Digimon Tamer OVA also centers on him. Its just as well the 2nd will as well. However, its exploring another important character's background. So its just as well they use the central character to explore another important character's background. This doesnt equal romance, this shows their strong friendship. I love the ending, its just bittersweet, but it shows that Ruki wants time to accept and move on (which she is in the process of) and that she will. I hardly saw how it was romantic. As well as that, cut to the ending of the 2nd OVA and you'll see a cute clip of Takato bringing some plates to Juri, who smiles at him and he blushes. They're sticking with their Takato/Juri canon.

The "goggle head" nickname is a dub-invention only. In the original Japanese version, the only nickname Ruki gives is to Ryou. And she only does that lovers remark like... twice? It was a total sarcastic thing. As I recall, when she tells Takato to leave in the... 6th ep or something, she threatens to kick his a**. Oh yeah, she totally crushes on him. And we cant say what any relationship will be like for them in the future, because they never show it! And Ryou was there to get some closure on what happened to Ryou in the games he comes from. I quite liked it actually, with the help of the Tamers he manages to get home finally. He may well have originally come from the Tamer universe, and the other universes he's been in he was thrown into. I swear the dub made Ryou out to be more like that, he really is nothing like that. If he were, he wouldnt have been around as often, or come back, and generally have been unreliable. He's always been by himself, aside from the odd friend he made in the wonderswan games, and so he doesnt hang around because he feels he has to be by himself. But I feel, throughout the rest of the series, the Tamers help him accept teamwork a little more, particularly Ruki. Nonetheless, just because he flirts with Ruki doesnt mean he's like that with all girls - I didnt see him talk to Juri at all. Its because he genuinely likes Ruki, he wouldnt be unreliable, otherwise they would have shown him as being far more cocky or arrogant. But they dont, he's actually kinda modest. (Well, the japanese version sure portrays him that way, I really cant remember what the dub did anymore). That opinion on Ryou is common and it makes me kinda annoyed, however if you've only seen the dub, I dont blame you for having that opinion, I suppose.

And lastly, as I mentioned awhile ago I think? The theme song "Primary Colours" really emphasises what a strong /friendship/ Takato, Ruki and Jenrya have, which is one of my main reasons for not thinking theres anything romantic between any of them.

@warriorgirl2: Well, why not like both? =3 Shipping is fun provided you dont take it too seriously! (Which I prolly do) XD

Anywayz, Im sorry if I came off as harsh in any way, but you know - PEOPLE HAVING OPINIONS THAT ARENT THE SAME AS MINE!? WHAT IS THIS I DONT EVEN- Nah, have fun shipping peoplez - its the wars that might turn us a bit vicious~ And lastly, I havent really cited any sources cuz it means I'd hafta go dig up a bunch of sites again. If anyone wants me to, please say so, I will find my sources, but only as long as people are actually interested. Thank you~

/shippingessayhurr

6/9/2011 . Edited 6/10/2011 #14
CoopDaWhoop

Agreed. but I just like the humor of it.

6/10/2011 #15
Ember Mage

Reading a lot of the responses here gave me a headache. Dude, guys, chill. No one's going to hate if you like a different couple, geez. I like Jenruki the most even if they have little basis (but I guess it is a nostalgic thing because hella people were shipping them before Ryo came into the show) and even if Ryohime is more "canon", that's not going to change.

7/18/2011 #16
zombietamato52

Yes, I could agree with that indefinitely, although i do disagree with Jenruki, i really didn't watch until frontier and i only just revisited the days of watching digimon last year, so i can see where your coming from. i also do have a huge grudge against ryo because he was thrown in way too late and he doesn't really have any importance to the story. I also like seeing the underdog score the girl instead of the guy who is on the top of the world. That's why i like rukato. But while i don't like Ryuki, i guess i can say it makes sense and there has always been something i have always hated about fanfiction: Yoai (GuyXGuy pairings) wether it be sonic digimon or anything else the guys aren't gay!!! As much as the yoai lovers wish, they aren't gay, despite the fantasies the yoai lovers have about yoai pairings, it will NEVER HAPPEN! Despite being off-topic (somewhat), this is something we can all agree with,...right?

7/19/2011 #17
digivice

@zombietamato52

What are you, twelve years old? Maybe, juuuust maybe, homosexuals would like to see equal representation as heterosexuals in popular media! Maybe if there actually were some canonly gay characters that were taken seriously and aren't made into side characters/complete jokes or laughingstocks people wouldn't have to slash your poor precious fictional characters so much. In any case, most pairings that people ship period will never happen (let me not remind ya'll of Adventure 02's ending). What difference does it make if it's "yaoi"? Or, do you just have a personal problem with homosexuality? Hmm? I seriously want to shake everyone in this thread who has been repeatedly calling "yaoi" weird or gross. You don't have to like it personally, but calling it "gross" is extremely offensive and hurtful to real homosexuals. Just sayin'.

Back on topic. I've been rewatching Digimon Tamers for the first time since I was a kid (I watched it then dubbed, now I'm watching the sub), and I remember how badly I used to ship Rukato; mainly because I had already established the ship in my mind before Ryo conveniently dropped into the picture. Somehow, Jurato just flew over my head and I didn't care for it (though I think it's cute now, but not entirely exciting to me). Now that I'm rewatching it, I'd have to say that I'm starting to lean towards Ryuki, simply because I think they match up well (Digimon Queen and King, anyone?). Plus, I find Ryo totally badass after learning about his dimension hopping with Millenniummon, and he totally deserves someone as awesome as Ruki. I still kind of like Rukato (they really do flirt a lot...) but these days I lean towards the Jenrya/Takato side of the spectrum anyway, ha.

8/21/2011 #18
zombietamato52

Oh, just to let you know I was 13 at the time, (I'm 14 now) just to let you know. Okay, I don't mind being slashed like that (Kudos to you cause you did a fantastic job of it, and I'm being completely serious and I hope you take it as a complement), but at the time, I had skill of a two year-old when putting thoughts in to words in a good neutral way. Okay I want to say that I have no problem with the representation of heterosexuals in popular media. Speaking of which the new ultimate spiderman (for those of you who care or read it) will be african american and one of the people who was working on the character talked about something similar because of the new spidey being African American. She also left in a mention to heterosexuals when on she talked about it and I think that might be because of the new spidey (the old ultimate spidey died for those of you who don't know) being gay. Its a rough guess, but it makes sense. I have no problem with that, I think it makes the comic more interesting. Anyways, the point is, I have no problem with representation of heterosexuals in poplular media when there is significantly strong proof from actually series. If the character is gay, it doesn't bug me.

But, there is another part to this that bugs me a bit. For this, I'll bring up the popular series naruto. One of the big debates is about the main character Naruto being in love with a former team-mate who is now a rouge ninja who wants to destroy Naruto's village. Naruto wants to bring him back to konoha because Naruto sees the former friend as a brother and believes that he can still bring back his friend. A lot of people interpret this as a likely pairing for two reasons: There was an aaccidental kiss between the two guys at the begining of the series, and that naruto keeps going after the guy (his name is sauske for those of you who don't know) because they think Naruto is in love with him. I disagree with it because I believe that Naruto's friendship with sauske meant so much to him that he doesn't want sauske to go down the wrong path. What I mind is when extremely close friendship is interpreted as love. I have nothing against those who see things that way, but I disagree with their opinion because to me, it doesn't make sense cause its just a really strong friendship. I have nothing wrong with heterosexuality in popular media when it has strong backing. I don't agree with the people who like guyxguy pairings in cases like the naruto one because i believe friendship is friendship and nothing else.

I hope I can say i had not offended anyone with a different opinoin and I thank you for flaming me, digivice.

8/29/2011 #19
hopeoflight3

I just recently watch Tamers. I like Jurato because Rukato is given way too much credit over one movie. However, I ship Jenruki not Ryuki, sorry.

10/12/2011 #20
Rukato-Auslly

i am new so i have two wait 2 days to write a story and i know im gonna do a 20 or more story sequel on rukato

i skipped 1 2 3 and 4 and went right into 5 for some reason ut i might do 1 chapter every 1 or 2 days cause i write the chapters secretly in my desk at school.

11/3/2011 #21
Rukato-Auslly

and i have a poll for the narrator for book of the sequel i kinda fell asleep at recess so i had the vision of book

11/3/2011 #22
MagicalHalliwell

I actually ship Jenruki as well, I mean I've read evidence so far for Ryuki (since I recently begun watching Tamers) and I dunno maybe its because I enjoy Henry's character more and honestly to the Rukato fan who talked about opposites attract that would apply more to Jenruki. I mean did you see the beginning episodes, they have completely different views and Henry can actually get Rika to calm down and she seems to gain respect for Henry. Plus, Henry and Rika worked together from the first few episodes, their digimon and them were always seen together while Takato and Guilmon were always shown seperately. From the character analysises I've read on Ryo's characters (since I am not up to that part yet) I actually think he wouldn't be able to have a long-term relationship with Rika because they are way too alike and many ways.

EDIT: I finally finished watching Tamers, and I still don't see any evidence of Ryuki at least from Rika's side the only thing they collaborated on was that last attack and the main thing was that Rika is hesitant to attack, but thing is if it was Henry then Rika will be worried for Henry too. But come on, Rika and Henry always work side-by-side plus their chemistry with each other is so natural. Also, I've heard the argument that Ryo is the only one that can tame Rika because she is hot-headed and stubborn again I am inclined to disagree. Henry made her back off from Takato in the third episode or something. Plus Rika seemed to listen to Henry even before they were friends, while with Ryo she either ignored him or didn't pay him much mind.

11/8/2011 . Edited 11/9/2011 #23
MagicalHalliwell

"Okay first again, i want to talk about jenruki: if they ended up dating, I'll have grown a second head and found the cure to cancer. Rukato is plausible at best, but it isn't completely random. It is just less likely compared to Ryuki. Rukato has some evidence, but more in the parsimony movie, which is canon by the way! But jenruki is just as random as takatoxhikari! I overlook cross over charters * cough...ryo...cough* in pairings I mean they aren't even from the same freakin' universe, so why do people force it to work? Ryo is one of my least favorite digimon characters because he is a CROSS-OVER character who isn't very important, hes only there to flex his muscles! Ryo is just a thing the creators pulled out of their buts to keep the show fresh(in my opinion). He has his own mother-fing dimension to stick to! Okay I'm calm now and I'll say a few more things: Ryo is a stereotypical world class hotshot and cassanova. He is the kind of guy who will have several girlfriends at once. While I prefer rukato, the cereal drama cd creator said that Takato had developed a CRUSH on Rika at the end. Let's face it Rika would prefer a loyal boyfriend (Takato) over a rolling stone ( Ryo)"

Can you provide us a link or evidence to the fact that Takato liked Rika? I personally think Rika seemed the most comfortable with Henry, even when the main three Tamers were together, she was also closer to Henry and if they were running somewhere Rika and Henry were always together. Also, I think it is kind of obvious Takato likes Jeri and only her. Just his reaction when Jeri was possessed by D Reaper was enough to show he felt something more than a simple friendship. He also confessed his feelings to her and in the DRAMA CD she returned his feelings plus even in the anime she kissed his cheek, for those who argue that the drama cds aren't cannon which with Tamers I'm not so sure.

Also, when Rika ran off with Kazu and Kenta because they didn't have any digimon, Henry called out for her and almost got killed until Takato came back for her. Rika and Henry is the best match, as they are natural and seem comfortable around one another.

11/9/2011 #24
MagicalHalliwell

Sorry I had to add this but I dislike Ryo too and must agree that Ryuki is less possible then Rukato but that's only because Rukato doesn't really stand much a chance because Takato doesn't like her that way and I don't think he'd be able to handle Rika, while Henry can. Plus Henry is my favorite guy in Tamers cause he is just awesome :)

11/9/2011 #25
Loyalty.Harmony

I actually really like the pairing of Rukato. Reason being: They're opposites and Takato is a really nice guy. Jurato is nice and all but its just a nice, sweet girl (err...most of the time anyway) with a nice guy :)

Rukato is my favorite pairing and Rika actually seems to like Takato. Plus, I think Takato and Rika are what each other need. And I agree with the person who said Rika would prefer a loyal boyfriend over a player like Ryo. Plus Ryo is so cocky and arrogant. I mean Gallantmon, Growlmon and practically all of Guilmon's forms are pretty awesome fighters yet you don't see Takato showing off about it now do you?

I also like LeeJuri. I think Jeri can calm Henry down a little about Suzie, I mean the girl is good at comforting people when they're upset or worried and Henry can help her to mature a little and possibly become stronger as well. So yeah its Rukato all the way for me :] Opposites attract.

Rika and Ryo are not compatible.

Rika and Henry, it could work if Rika can handle Henry's sometimes mood swings.

11/13/2011 #26
Digimon Hearts

Now I'm not the type to hate on other couples, but I really can't stand Rukato. I mean, it makes me think didn't Takato make it completely obvious that Jeri is the only girl for him? I mean she screamed his name and even though it seems impossible, he actually heard her cry which is odd considering the distance between them at that point with Jeri being stuck in the D Reaper. Plus Takato admitted it twice, you'd think he'd at least mention it once to Rika if he liked her.

As for Ryuki, there was hardly any evidence from Rika's side, well maybe that thing in the last episode but I personally feel Rika would be have been that concerned for anyone if they had been in Ryo's position. I personally feel Jenruki/Henrika is the best of all the Rika pairings.

Just check out that screenshot, look how they look, their eyes meet and they seem to just have an understanding with one another. Also, Henry and Rika always express great concern for one another. Henry called out for Rika when she went after Kazu and Kenta in the digital world but was tossed aside because of the data stream, and Rika's first request to Renamon once they lost their biomerge forms was for her to go find Henry and make sure he was okay. Ryo didn't even ask about Henry, it was Cyberdramon who said 'What about them?' to which Rika then pleaded for Renamon to go find Henry, because she was worried that he hadn't returned.

I know the same can be said about Ryo and Rika showing concern for each other, but honestly did it occur to anyone that Ryo just kind of took Henry (and to be fair Takato)'s places even as Rika's friends. I mean it took like almost 11-12 episodes to get Rika to trust Takato and Henry like as a friend and only like what 2-3 to trust Ryo? I mean after Ryo joined the team, whenever Henry or Takato offered to help Rika, Ryo was always like "I'll do it" and its like Uggh they were her close friends first, stop trying to take their place all the time. I don't know but him always wanting to be her knight in shining armor and not let anyone else do it because he was more "experienced" just bugged me. Also, Henry's seen Rika at her high and low. I mean who was the one trying really hard to get Rika and Renamon to give each other a chance? Who was the one who tried to convince Renamon that Rika cared for her? Henry tried the hardest to get Rika and Renamon back together, I mean Takato didn't even bother and Ryo didn't even exist then.

Sorry for my rants, its just I felt Ryo was a major Gary-stu, he seemed to have no flaws at all and that just bugged me -_-

11/24/2011 #27
hopeoflight3

I think Rika/Takato would be a very heart-warming relationship though. :)

7/9/2012 #28
Serifu321

It's been awhile since I've last visited this topic. : D

....It seems like there's only a few love for Ryuki out here(plus the entire web)...T-T

I've tried searching some Ryo/Ruki in Japanese sites(mostly art sites) too but it seems like they hate it as well. The reasons are similar. They say the ship is totally random(because Ryo appeared half-way in the season with no foreshadowing at all). But unlike the English-speaking fandom, Japanese preferred Jen/Ruki more than Takato/Ruki. As for Ryo...the preferred ship is Ryo/Osamu or Ryo/Ken(obviously by fangirls).

I still think Ryo/Ruki is the best. Rukato feels really bad for me since it feels like Takato is cheating from Juri. With all the much more obvious hints to Takato/Juri in the show, it makes me feel bad to just ship Takato/Ruki. Oh man, I really like Juri as a character and not giving her Takato feels like destiny really hates her so much. Jen/Ruki is starting to make me feel bad too but that's because when I rewatched the season in Japanese, it's hard for me to see any Jen/Ruki at all.

By the way everyone, please try watching the original version of the show. Ryo was never portrayed as arrogant/cocky/cassanova in the show. But you could say he's a Mary Sue of the season unless you guys have been researching about Ryo's past. The reason why I still ship Ryo/Ruki is the same reason as to why I ship Takato/Juri. Poor Ryo had a horrible treatment by destiny and always had his adventures alone(imagine the loneliness). I just couldn't help but ship Ryo/Ruki because of this.

Also, guys, Ryo might be staying in the Tamers world. Simply because he had hints that he doesn't remember that Digimon are real according to the Drama CD so he probably has amnesia. The power to dimension hop was only possible because of a Divine Being in the Digital World like Yggdrasil, namely ENIAC. Milleniummon and Monodramon had jogressed and is sealed in Monodramon therefore fighting Milleniummon again in other dimensions would be useless since he's gone. Also there's no way Milleniummon and Monodramon would want to partition because both wanted to be Ryo's partner and by being jogressed together they could have what they wanted. Also I think Ryo would want to stay in the Tamers world too because he seemed to have made reliable friends there and has a caring father.

I still respect any pairings for Ruki and Ryo. Though one thing I can't tolerate is bashing Ryo with things like he's arrogant and all. Since you'd never actually say that if you've watched the original and played his games. But you guys can say that he's a Mary Sue. After all, that's actually the right impression you get even when watching the original version (assuming you guys haven't played his games/didn't research about him). XDDD

8/3/2012 #29
Alena Dolphin

My main issue with Ryuki is Ryo is too perfect. He and Rika haven't grown together, seen each other at their best and worst like Rika and Takato have. Rika's seen Takato change Guilmon into Megidramon and he's seen her possessed by Parasimon. Rika's seen Takato when he was a pretty pathetic Tamer and he's seen her when she was confused about digimon and her relationship with Renamon. They've also been with each other at their best, such as the moment they were baking bread, the time when they were walking through the tunnel (granted Henry is involved in that too but I'll talk about Jenkato and Jenruki in a minute). They shared a special bond with each other that I don't see with Rika and Ryo. Also, Rika seems to lose her spine a lot with Ryo. That last episode where Ryo saved her was really pathetic. He's always trying to save a girl who can usually handle herself. She saved him and the others when she and Renamon first became Sakuyamon. Rika's the sign of an independent girl. She even fought her hardest when Parasimon grabbed her, even if she did want Takato to help her out.

Takato understands Rika's strength. He understands her weakness. She also understands his softness which is shown with how much she tries to help him in saving Jeri and helping her out. She stopped making fun of Takato because she understood his strength was different from hers. Where am I going with this again? Yes, there are moments to show Rika and Takato's closeness both in the series and in the Runaway Locomon movie. Also, Takato was willing to miss his ride home because he didn't want to leave without Rika. There was a possibility he might get stuck in the digital world forever but he didn't care. He didn't want to leave without Rika.

Now, Jenruki and Jenkato. Henry and Rika have moments and scenes too, as do Henry and Takato. Henry and Rika seem more like siblings though. They don't agree and even tend to start arguing till Takato makes peace between the two of them. I've noticed a few instances like these. Henry and Takato...Henry is more of a mentor and friend to Takato for them to become something more. It could still happen, but Takato is obviously very straight. It could be one-sided from Henry's side cause Takato is easy to love but I don't think Takato would reciprocate. I have nothing against Yaoi, my OTP of Tagiru/Yuu is a Yaoi couple but Tagiru definitely doesn't seem straight at all as he's never shown interest in girls, only guys. Most of his interaction is with males too. Yuu could be bi at the very most because he's seen interacting with both males and females. He seemed to get fine enough with Miho and eventually Airu too, so I think Yuu would be bi.

Also, who says Jeri has to be alone? :) Just pair her with someone else.

4/21/2015 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: Hiroko-ka
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member