Hate Twilight? Here's the Place for You
A place for all of those who dislike the Twilight series to gather and discuss. Hilarity ensues.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Molly Annice

I am new to this community and like the rest of you I hate Twilight. I am looking for Beta's to help me with a project I am working on re-writing Twilight with a new character to the mix of the old. She is a older sister to Bella. Her name is Alexandra "Sandy" Swan. Sandy is basically the anti-Bella. She is a gun-toting, cigerette smoking, Alcohol drinking left wing Feminist. She does have an ego and people do not know how to cope with her. She would be working on cars. She thinks with her head and will do things that make more sense she will be the one that is calling the cops on Edward when he tries watching Bella sleeping. Because She has more of a head on her shoulder, we would learn more about the treaty between the wolves and vampires.We would also learn more about the Volturi's and the laws about being a vampire. Charlie would be more in the loop about what is going on. She will guide Bella into not forgetting her friends.

Would any one be interest in helping me with this common sense character and following her story and working as my Beta?

9/7/2010 #1
The Forbidden Truth

I absolutely love the premise of your story and I can't wait for the first chapter. :) I'd volunteer to be your beta-reader myself, I could but I don't think I'm all that qualified. Oh well...I do hope you get a beta that can work well with you and your endeavor to spread what I like to call, some common sense, around. Lol. :P Good luck and I'll be waiting.

9/8/2010 #2
Molly Annice

You will be the first person I think of

9/8/2010 #3
Molly Annice

You will be the first person I think of

9/8/2010 #4
Letter to Miss

I would be willing to beta. (: A bit of advice on your OC, make sure that she doesn't stray into Sueishness, because she seems like she'd be hard to keep in line. Also, I think she sounds like a bad-ass lesbian. xD I'm just inferring on the lesbian thing. There's not enough gay people in Twilight. I like the idea of an older sister type to Bella. I think it's exactly what she needed to keep her from going all out Edward crazy in the beginning.

9/8/2010 #5
Molly Annice

I will try to keep her from falling into being a Mary-Sue. I want at least two or three Beta's to be working on this because I feel that I might need the extra hands to say whoa what about this you forgot this and is that even a word. By the time that I actually post it. It will be completely done. I have finished Chapter one and am working on chapter two as we speak. I also have'not even finished reading the first chapter again.

I am thinking of making her a lesbian because it would be an interesting twist but I am not to sure about her sexuality. :)

9/8/2010 #6
The Forbidden Truth

Hmm, well if you need some extra hands, as you say, I can help out with Canon and character consistency, I suppose. But not with grammar and spelling. :P

9/9/2010 #7
Molly Annice

I am pretty good with the Grammer and spelling. I just want to make sure I don't do Smeyer mistakes. If you want I could send you the first chapter as a sample and if you want in on this project.

9/9/2010 #8
The Forbidden Truth

I'm game but how will you go about this? Do you intend to send regular chapters for me to look over or do we come up with some sort of schedule? I don't want to commit to anything I can't follow through on, that's all. :)

9/9/2010 . Edited 9/9/2010 #9
Molly Annice

I think we need to do it by the chapter because of how long it is going to be. But I think I am going to keep people posted on where I am, as well on this project. I am almost done the second chapter.

9/9/2010 #10
Molly Annice

Hey doing a status on my project. I am on chapter three of writing. Go, Molly, Go, go!!!

9/10/2010 #11
Molly Annice

Alright I have just finished. Chapter three and found something really depressing. I just finished the first chapter of Twilight and I am going to tell you how much I cut from it. Twilight's first chaper and preface is about 28 pages long. Now my fanfiction I am writing is a little over 15 pages long. I have just two sentences on page 16. I was also able to cut Chapter one into three chapters. After this is done I am going to burn this book.

9/10/2010 #12
The Forbidden Truth

I got your PM. :) Loving it so far. I'm officially on board! :D There is just one tiny nitpick about the "preface". Technically, it shouldn't be called that -- a preface -- but a prologue. A preface is an introduction about the intentions of the author for the book and not actually a part of the story. It's written in the author's own voice and not in the voice of one of his/her characters. Sorry for the nitpick but that actually peeved me when I first started reading Twilight. *is sheepish*

Ugh, I know how you feel. The main thing I hate about having to do fanfiction for this godawful series is the fact I actually have to read those darn books!

9/10/2010 . Edited 9/10/2010 #13
Molly Annice

Already changed that. Thanks

9/11/2010 #14
Forum Moderators: Letter to Miss
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member