Hate Twilight? Here's the Place for You
A place for all of those who dislike the Twilight series to gather and discuss. Hilarity ensues.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
AlreadyMovedOn

Because I have! I know that Twilight is a bad book, enough said. But...it is not the only awful book that I have read either. One book that I read and stopped reading was called the Bar Code Tatoo. I mean, the character is a big Mary Sue, and the characters and plot were pretty flat and somewhat obvious of what was going to happen.

I was a few pages from finishing it, but I just couldn't take it anymore and put it down with irratation. It was so bad, and I wasn't sure if it was as bad as Twilight, or more.

Has anyone else read a bad book as Twilight?

9/12/2010 #1
calcudoku

The Hannah Montanna Books. D: And yeah, there ARE HM books.

9/15/2010 #2
Molly Annice

The Baby Sitter's Club books. In the beginning I loved them but by the end I could tell the whole story before reading the book. They were pathetic.

9/15/2010 #3
Secret chan

(I hope I've done this right - this is my first time posting!)

For me, Twilight is certainly not good, but not that bad either. This is only because I have had the misfortune of reading far worse.

The first book that I attempted to read that was worse than twilight was this number one of the trilogy I found in my school library. I can't recall the name of the series (sorry!), however, I think the author was named Ann something or other. The first 3 chapters of the book (I refused to read any further) were about this girl trying to flirt with this creep/freak who raped her and other dirty deeds. There was no plot what so ever, and it was so very disturbing. It now holds my record for the shortest time I borrowed out a book - 1 hour.

The second would have to be Black Tattoo. (I'm sure some peopke will disagree with me though). It started off quite well, until suddenly, the main character went to hell. Then, the story got extremely wierd, and the plot vanished. I was disapointed (sp?) because it had gotten some good reviews.

Lastly, there is Swoon. This book, makes Twilight look like A-grade material. I read it, because one of the authors I like said it was a great read. It really wasn't. For one, the author seems to think she is writing a time machine novel, and switches between past and present so much it's confusing, and then doesn't warn the readers when she is doing so. The characters are also veeeeery shallow. The girls, bar one are all Mary Sueish, and the main boy character is a complete Gary-Stu. Then, there is the vomit-like plot. The Gary-Stu, (who is an evil spirit/ghost), gets revenge on his town (don't ask), by sleeping around, breaking up relationships, and murdering innocent old ladies. Go Figure. The main girl character, stupidly decides to give him a body to do all these bad deeds in, and makes one out of sticks/stones/clay/leaves, changing him into flesh and blood. She then falls in love with 'him' and sleeps with..... the mudboy/ghost boy. I found that pretty disgusting.

Well, there you go. There's my rant. I hope it wasn't too confusing, but unfortunately, there are worse books than Twilight.

10/19/2010 #4
Letter to Miss

The Inheritance Cycle. Yes, I know, Christopher Paolini has an extensive vocabulary and more character development, but the purple prose runs rampant and his characters contradict and turn into exactly what they've hated, and are still treated as gold. Also, nearly every character is a Sue/Stu. The dialogue is terrible-worse than Twilight. I could carry on, but I'm on time constraints with my web surfing right now. xP

11/2/2010 #5
Overly Caffinated Hedgehog52

The Baby Sitter's Club books. In the beginning I loved them but by the end I could tell the whole story before reading the book. They were pathetic.

The spin-off series was worse. Karen was nosy, obnoxious, rude, and never got in trouble because. . .she's the main character. Seriously, that's the only reason. It doesn't help that the author herself admitted Karen was the "creative, spunky kid" she wanted to be as a child.

I don't care much for "The Mortal Instruments" by Cassandra Clare. The plot was pretty predicable, and all the characters felt like huge stereotypes. I didn't even manage to finish the first book because I got so bored with it.

3/16/2011 #6
Letter to Miss

Oh my, I know what you mean. Those just fell off the rails.

There was this series of books that I read a while back. I can't recall the name or the author for the life of me, but I remember them being filled with blatant Mary Sue cookie cutter witches, awfully written romance, and some of the laziest violence I have ever seen. I think I put them down after being too disgusted when the main character drowned her own cat and was still treated as some sort of paragon. Ugh.

6/29/2011 #7
FreyjasThirteenth

The House of the Night Series.

Ick.

12/4/2011 #8
Forum Moderators: Letter to Miss
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member