The Fireplace Alliance
For all the Fireplace regulars who would like to talk to each other and anything else.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 .. Last Next »
Zokolov

Well, I preordered HeartGold. Unfortunately, that also involves giving more money to an evil corporation. At least the game is good.

1/13/2010 . Edited 1/13/2010 #391
The Pirate on Wheels

I'm starting my Platinum game today. I hate the guy, so I'll probably pick the girl. I don't know what to name her though.

Maybe I'll call her Slasher B. If anyone has any suggestions, they would be appreciated.

1/16/2010 #392
neutralizing

I'm starting my Platinum game today. I hate the guy, so I'll probably pick the girl. I don't know what to name her though.

Hahahaha, do you really hate Lucas/Kouki that much to pick the female character? I lol'd... girls ftmfw.

Name her after me! :D

1/16/2010 #393
The Pirate on Wheels

Hahahaha, do you really hate Lucas/Kouki that much to pick the female character?

I hate him with a zealous and passionate fervor unparalleled within the heavens or earth.

lol'd... girls ftmfw.

What does that abbreviation stand for?

Name her after me! :D

But then we'd get confused during our tag matches...

1/16/2010 #394
neutralizing

I hate him with a zealous and passionate fervor unparalleled within the heavens or earth.

Oh wow.

What does that abbreviation stand for?

"For the Motherfucking Win". :3

But then we'd get confused during our tag matches...

Point considered.

Then name her Abby.

1/16/2010 #395
The Pirate on Wheels

Oh wow.

Yes, "wow."

"For the Motherfucking Win". :3

XD

Point considered.

Then name her Abby.

Why Abby?

As a side note, my female character would be much cooler if she had the sprite of Koga's daughter.

1/16/2010 #396
neutralizing

Why Abby?

Why not?

As a side note, my female character would be much cooler if she had the sprite of Koga's daughter.

OH GOD YESSSSSSSS... D:

1/16/2010 #397
The Pirate on Wheels

Why not?

I'm not naming her Wynot.

OH GOD YESSSSSSSS... D:

What would you name Koga's daughter sprite?

1/16/2010 #398
Mexicano27

STRANGER, AND THE RIVAL WILL BE MERCHANT

IF THAT FAILS, CALL HER WARDEN AND THE RIVAL LOGHAIN

1/16/2010 #399
vanitas hoth

MEX STOP ABUSING CAPS LOCK YOU GOOBER

I AM SO CLOSE TO COMPLETING MY POKEDEX I CAN ALMOST TASTE THE SPICY FLAVOR OF VICTORY ON MY EGO

1/17/2010 #400
Mexicano27

I WILL ABUSE THE CAPS LOCK KEY AS I SEE FIT, FOR I AM VERY ADAMANT THAT PIRATE NAME HIS CHARACTERS AFTER MY SUGGESTION AND I AM IN NO MOOD FOR YOUR HORSESHIT RIGHT NOW SO FUCK OFF

1/17/2010 #401
vanitas hoth

LOOK KID JUST BECAUSE YOUR RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES LOST THEIR PRECIOUS PLAYOFF GAME DON'T MEAN YOU CAN GO AROUND ACTING LIKE A GODDAMN SUPERIOR DOUCHEBAG

ANYWAY, IM DONE WITH MY POKEDEX, SO TIME TO START ALL OVER.

1/17/2010 #402
The Pirate on Wheels

ANYWAY, IM DONE WITH MY POKEDEX, SO TIME TO START ALL OVER.

You said you lost your charger....and, also, CONGRATULATIONS!

But are you really just going to delete and start over?

1/18/2010 #403
vanitas hoth

You said you lost your charger....and, also, CONGRATULATIONS!

I used my little brother's DS to accomplish this.

But are you really just going to delete and start over?

No. I am going to start Platinum.

1/20/2010 #404
The Pirate on Wheels

I used my little brother's DS to accomplish this.

Use it to crush the forces of evil.

No. I am going to start Platinum.

With our team idea we almost had finished?

1/20/2010 #405
Mexicano27

That would be hard to accomplish if you guys haven't actually finished it.

1/20/2010 #406
vanitas hoth

With our team idea we almost had finished?

No, because it's not finished.

1/21/2010 #407
The Pirate on Wheels

No, because it's not finished.

Someone should fix that ASAP.

1/21/2010 #408
Mexicano27

I'd help, but you seem to be the only person who knows what the hell is going on with it.

1/21/2010 #409
vanitas hoth

Someone should fix that ASAP.

In all honesty, the way we want to set it up isn't going to work. What I suggest is the following:

1. We come up with one pokemon that accurately represents each of the people who are going to actually play.

2. Each participant will then make up a team of five pokemon, excluding legendaries, and submit it to either you or I.

3. We will then randomly distribute those teams to each player so that they do not get their own list.

4. To complete the team, each player will add the pokemon that was chosen that represents them.

And, in case of a person's inability to trade, we will make a team up for them that consists of pokemon found in whatever version they have, and allow them to use only those pokemon to defeat the gym leaders and the Elite Four for the first time. If people were to be unsure of what pokemon appear in what version, they could pay a visit to my favorite website www.psypokes.com, and figure it out for themselves.

1/21/2010 #410
The Pirate on Wheels

1. We come up with one pokemon that accurately represents each of the people who are going to actually play.

Should the representations be made public? Also, who is participating? I can make an anouncement in the Pokemon thread if you think we can have everything prepared soon enough. We already have most of the personalities picked.

3. We will then randomly distribute those teams to each player so that they do not get their own list.

Agreed.

4. To complete the team, each player will add the pokemon that was chosen that represents them.

Won't that bias the team in favor of the one named after them?

And, in case of a person's inability to trade, we will make a team up for them that consists of pokemon found in whatever version they have, and allow them to use only those pokemon to defeat the gym leaders and the Elite Four for the first time. If people were to be unsure of what pokemon appear in what version, they could pay a visit to my favorite website www.psypokes.com, and figure it out for themselves.

Less than ideal, but fair. I'm pretty sure that most people won't have a problem with trading or obtaining pokemon though.

EDIT: We're in the pokemon thread. This is real time saver.

1/21/2010 . Edited 1/21/2010 #411
vanitas hoth

Should the representations be made public? Also, who is participating? I can make an anouncement in the Pokemon thread if you think we can have everything prepared soon enough. We already have most of the personalities picked.

It'll be up to the individual to decide whether they want it publicized or not, though I can't imagine why it would be a problem. Unless you have serious self esteem issues. And we'll have to ask to find out who wants to play. Just like in the old days.

Won't that bias the team in favor of the one named after them?

If we don't let them have that representative pokemon, then there was no point in picking one for them in the first place. One pokemon won't completely upset the balance of the universe, Pirate. And since the people are choosing what represents them, we are, there isn't any bias, especially since we aren't using legendaries. If Crims ends up being a Salamence and Mex is a Magikarp, oh well. They're the way they are, can't change that for the sake of a game.

1/21/2010 #412
The Pirate on Wheels

If we don't let them have that representative pokemon, then there was no point in picking one for them in the first place. One pokemon won't completely upset the balance of the universe, Pirate. And since the people are choosing what represents them, we are, there isn't any bias, especially since we aren't using legendaries. If Crims ends up being a Salamence and Mex is a Magikarp, oh well. They're the way they are, can't change that for the sake of a game.

Very well then, I think that these rules are more than good enough.

It'll be up to the individual to decide whether they want it publicized or not, though I can't imagine why it would be a problem. Unless you have serious self esteem issues. And we'll have to ask to find out who wants to play. Just like in the old days.

Alright. Let's call this the official announcement of open enrollment!

All interested parties, please leave a post stating that you would like to participate in the first officially unofficial FPA Pokemon New Game Challenge!

How's that Moh?

1/21/2010 #413
neutralizing

If Crims ends up being a Salamence

I had better NOT be a motherfucking Salamence! Dragonite FTW. -extreme dissatisfaction-

http://gpxplus.net/user/GreySaturdays

YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO DO, TOUCH MY EGGS, I'M BEGGING YOU, GO GO GO GO

1/21/2010 #414
The Pirate on Wheels

I had better NOT be a motherfucking Salamence! Dragonite FTW. -extreme dissatisfaction-

Are you joining the challenge or not?

1/21/2010 #415
Mexicano27

I guess I'll join.

1/21/2010 #416
livinginamakebelieveworld

YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO DO, TOUCH MY EGGS, I'M BEGGING YOU, GO GO GO GO

XDDDDDDDDDDDD

-has mind in gutter plz- :'D

1/21/2010 #417
neutralizing

Are you joining the challenge or not?

Just as long as I'm not a Salamence, I don't see why not.

I'm assuming we'll be doing this once HGSS is released, yes?

-has mind in gutter plz- :'D

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

1/22/2010 #418
Mexicano27

I have a bunch of Pokemon that need to be evolved by trading, like my Porygon, Slowbro, Kadabra, Rhydon, and so on. I also have a list of Pokemon exclusive to versions I don't have that I need. So, if you're willing to trade and have a sexy voice, please get at me.

1/27/2010 #419
neutralizing

So, if you're willing to trade and have a sexy voice, please get at me.

You rang?

1/27/2010 #420
« Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: DevilWearsJeans The Pirate on Wheels, Dimitrius
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member