The Fireplace Alliance
For all the Fireplace regulars who would like to talk to each other and anything else.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Fanficuser1001

I am looking for a good self insertion fanfiction where it involves someone from this world who travles to some other world and they have to do a adventure there before they get back home. I am not talking about crossovers that is something diffrent but I will give you a exsample of what I am talking about:

I was one day siting in my nice chair in New York City and all of a sudden I fell out of my chair and suddenly I was somewhere in Middle Earth!!!

I know the plot sounds terrible but I just like to read these types of fanfiction for some reason I think that they are my favorite. But I would like to know if anyone knows any of them in other franchizes like LOTR, POTC, ATLA,Chronicles of Narnia, Eragon or a few other but does anyone know any fanfiction self insertions that are good?

I also like the ones where the characters from another universe come here like :

I was siting in a chair and all of a sudden I see Aragon come in the door!! "How did you get here"

That also sounds terrible but I would like to know if there are any that are better than that. The only reason why I like to read those sometimes is when the characters from our world talk about our modern technology to the characters from the other universe. I always like that for some reason.

4/14/2011 #1
obi-glasses

For the love of God, READ THE RULES BEFORE YOU POST NEXT TIME. It's rude to just barge in and make a topic without even bothering to read the rules and pinned threads first to see if there's something there that can help you.

4/14/2011 #2
SCREAMINGwhispers

I don't think it's a great idea to poke the troll, as fun as that would be.

4/14/2011 #3
piewacket

Why not?

Poke! Poke! Poke!

:p

4/14/2011 #4
SCREAMINGwhispers

POKE.

POKE.

POKECHATTHREADPOKEPOKE?

4/14/2011 #5
PhantomInvader

♪Trollin' Trollin' Trollin'

Keep them doggies trollin'

RAWHIIIIDEEEE♪

4/14/2011 #6
SCREAMINGwhispers

I do so love poking trolls.

4/14/2011 #7
Vividus

...TROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOLOLOOOOOOOOOOOO.

:D

4/14/2011 #8
swinging from saturn

. . . or a misguided FFNer who doesn't know where to look for a fic.

4/14/2011 #9
Vividus

Perhaps, but we do have rules here.

4/14/2011 #10
swinging from saturn

And I'm not saying it was right for him to ignore them, but before calling someone a "troll" or laughing at their expense, how about telling them to just read the rules next time? If he does it again, he would've been granted a fair warning and you'd be free to follow whatever protocol you take in this sort of situation.

He could be a reader who needed the help of a group he deemed hospitable, and to get jumped on like that is just--wrong.

4/15/2011 #11
SCREAMINGwhispers

You're right, unfortunately.

Edit: Although, I just remembered my initial purpose in calling troll. I believe this person has come before and made the same thread.

4/15/2011 . Edited 4/15/2011 #12
swinging from saturn

Edit: Although, I just remembered my initial purpose in calling troll. I believe this person has come before and made the same thread.

I've been lurking here for awhile, but the only other time I've come across someone who made a thread without approval was someone by the name of 'doom'.

4/15/2011 #13
SCREAMINGwhispers

Eh. The other suspicion I had that his profile had no information, no favorites, and no stories.

BUUUUT I don't know. Could be a troll. Could not be a troll. Dunno. Still, all the posts up our post count? ;P

4/15/2011 #14
swinging from saturn

While I can understand the logic in that assumption, it still doesn't mean anything--some people don't feel the need to uphold their profiles.~

Hey, if it's a 2 in 1 deal, why complain? :P

Edit: The syntax in that sentence . . . . -shudders-

4/15/2011 . Edited 4/15/2011 #15
SCREAMINGwhispers

Hey, if it's a 2 in 1 deal, why complain? :P

Inorite.

4/15/2011 #16
swinging from saturn

Riteuno.

I wonder if Jack Sparrow will delete this thread, since it is against the forum's rules. Perhaps not, since it's upped the post count. :K

4/15/2011 #17
Vividus

Usually it just gets locked.

Ups our post count and stops the troll?

4/15/2011 #18
Fanficuser1001

I'm new to this forum so I have no idea where everything is.

4/15/2011 #19
obi-glasses

Then use the fragging brain you were provided with and read the names of the threads at the top. If one says "Introduce Yourself", then introduce yourself there. If one says "Rules", read that.

Goddamn, people are such dumbasses nowadays.

4/15/2011 #20
The Pirate on Wheels

And I'm not saying it was right for him to ignore them, but before calling someone a "troll" or laughing at their expense, how about telling them to just read the rules next time?

We tried that last time. I can email you this thread and the responses we gave, and my administrative actions against this same person and same thread if you feel it would help you in your life. Poking trolls is the general procedure around here after fair warning.

I'm new to this forum so I have no idea where everything is.

You're eyes make me laugh. Hahahaha. Hahaha.

4/15/2011 #21
swinging from saturn

No thanks. Giving a fair-warning is good enough for me.~

Poking trolls is one of the things I can agree with; go on, poke them. I don't know the person(s) involved, so I could care less.

4/15/2011 #22
The Pirate on Wheels

That's horribly apathetic!

We should all care about nameless trolls as much as they care about us.

So you've got the right idea, I guess.

4/15/2011 #23
SCREAMINGwhispers

So you've got the right idea, I guess.

Yaaaay! -pokes troll-

-poke-

-poke-

4/15/2011 #24
Dimitrius

I wonder if I should put my godly modly foot in here.

Oh wait, I just did. ;)

4/15/2011 #25
piewacket

I wonder if I should put my godly modly foot in here.

Poke! Poke! Poke!

4/15/2011 #26
Mexicano27

gayest thread I've seen all day

4/15/2011 #27
Dimitrius

Poke! Poke! Poke!

Hey! No tickling the mod!!

gayest thread I've seen all day

Most pessimistic-sounding statement of the day.

4/15/2011 #28
SCREAMINGwhispers

I think we should finally lock this thread.

It was fun while it lasted.

4/16/2011 #29
Fanficuser1001

Well I am completely new to this forum and I never read the rules to this forum because that is like reading the Terms of acceptance on those online browser games when you are signing up for them

4/18/2011 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: DevilWearsJeans The Pirate on Wheels, Dimitrius
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member