The Fireplace Alliance
For all the Fireplace regulars who would like to talk to each other and anything else.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Beautiful Thief

Post anything and/or everything that pisses you off, rants about your life and it's goings ons, etc, in this thread.

Because we all know a nice rant often makes you feel just a little bit better. :)

10/19/2008 #1
Yasona Black

Well, I was going to post my shit on the FP this morning, but I think this could be awesome too.

STPMO: So, I wasn't really there. But I work at a furniture/import store where there is tons of breakable, fragile stuff. And a lot of glass. The assistant manager started telling me this story about this family that came in. The mother was on the phone and there were two kids: an older sister and a younger brother, but they were both rather young. The sister was pounding on the brothers back and the boy got mad or something and attacked one of the customers and punched and scratched him all up. So one of the sales associates went to get the kid off the customer and he wailed on her and started fighting her. The mother's still on the phone, completely ignoring everything. The sales associate let go (she didn't have much of a choice) and the boy took off towards another associate and did the same thing.

The assistant manager told the mother to get off the phone and control her child, and all she kept saying was that he had autism. She kept repeating it. I'm sorry, I don't know much about autism, but I do know that if you're in a store that has a ton of glass and easily breakable stuff, you do not bring children in who aren't going to behave. It's not a children-friendly store. It's not even safe for children. Heck, sometimes it's not even safe for me. I've broken so much crap, it's not even funny. But yeah, that pissed me off.

Edit: Yay! First post!

10/19/2008 . Edited 10/19/2008 #2
gema227

STPMO: I don't care if he had good reasons for doing so, I'm still super-pissed at F/R for closing down the FP. Well, not so much pissed at him, more just pissed because the FP closed down. I'm *angry*.

10/19/2008 #3
Yasona Black

I agree, Gema! I was just starting to get into the swing of things. I'm pissed off at myself for not understanding flaming earlier. I could've had a lot more fun in the last couple of years.

10/19/2008 #4
gema227

I agree, Gema! I was just starting to get into the swing of things. I'm pissed off at myself for not understanding flaming earlier. I could've had a lot more fun in the last couple of years.

I know! I was just starting to feel like a regular and then *boom* he pulled the rug out from under our feet. I'd just wish that he'd given us a heads-up so we could have an adequete amount of time to say goodbye.

10/19/2008 #5
Yasona Black

I know! I was just starting to feel like a regular and then *boom* he pulled the rug out from under our feet. I'd just wish that he'd given us a heads-up so we could have an adequete amount of time to say goodbye.

I was wondering what happened to having my regular 25email alerts from the FP and I go to the STPMO and it was locked! I was like 'What the hell?' I thought someone hacked into the FP. I still have my doubts. It seems hugely sudden.

10/19/2008 #6
gema227

I was wondering what happened to having my regular 25email alerts from the FP and I go to the STPMO and it was locked! I was like 'What the hell?' I thought someone hacked into the FP. I still have my doubts. It seems hugely sudden

Yeah. It's kinda unlike F/R to just leave usd hanging like that. And in the Furnace, there was a kid who posted something along the lines of "If a kid that you flamed was a hacker, would you be scared if he hacked your forums?" Kinda weird, when you think about it. But I still think that it was F/R. If you read the posts, it really sounds like him.

But: In relation to my STPMO, he was being a bit selfish, in my opinion. A long time ago, the FP stopped being "that doucebag flamer's forum." It wasn't just about F/R anymore. I knew alot of authors who knew what the FP was and not who F/R was. I think he should have handed off the torch, so to speak, and let Ro or SW or Faithie or someone he really trusted on the forum to take voer.

10/19/2008 #7
Yasona Black

But: In relation to my STPMO, he was being a bit selfish, in my opinion. A long time ago, the FP stopped being "that doucebag flamer's forum." It wasn't just about F/R anymore. I knew alot of authors who knew what the FP was and not who F/R was. I think he should have handed off the torch, so to speak, and let Ro or SW or Faithie or someone he really trusted on the forum to take voer.

See! That makes sense. *whines* I was just learning how to use the chat thread and respond to the 'flameators'! I was learning how to make comebacks! *GASP* MY FLAME! IT WAS MY FIRST! AND I WAS WAITING TO USE IT! *runs to the challenge thread* Sorry for caps abuse.

10/19/2008 #8
Anarane Faelivrin

STPMO: I need a coat. I am freezing my butt off when I go out to the shops; but nooo they don't have the coat I want...

10/19/2008 #9
mutemockingjay

I respect F/R decision. I am not exactly happy with it, but I know that he had his reasons. The FP was an amazing place, really helped me with aq hard time in my life, but it was still his forum. His playground, we were all guests. We should be thanking him for having such a long and wonderful run there. :)

10/19/2008 #10
Anarane Faelivrin

I'm actually not surprised he closed it...

10/19/2008 #11
mutemockingjay

Peeps, no one was hacked. Just so you know. F/R made this decision on his own, and it probably wasn't sudden to him.

10/19/2008 #12
Obelisk of Light

STPMO: Site glitches!!

10/19/2008 #13
gema227

Peeps, no one was hacked. Just so you know. F/R made this decision on his own, and it probably wasn't sudden to him.

Yeah, I know. I was just hoping that, maybe...*sighs wistfully* I just wished that F/R had given us a bit of a heads up.

10/19/2008 #14
piewacket

I stopped by here because I wanted to check in on several of the youngsters. I knew that this would be difficult for some of you and I’m glad to see you all finding a way to stay in contact with each other.

I don’t want to cause any drama but I have to comment on the discussion about F/R and the FP.

A long time ago, the FP stopped being "that doucebag flamer's forum." It wasn't just about F/R anymore.

I'm afraid that I have to disagree. It always was and always will be F/R’s forum. People sometimes had a tendency to forget that little fact. He was the one who created it, fostered it and, most importantly, maintained it. To run a successful forum requires a lot of effort. And by successful, I don’t mean a large post count. I mean a place where people feel safe and secure; the type of place where people form real and lasting relationships; a community of support and friendship.

There are plenty of fora with large post counts but take a peek inside and what do you find? Randomness? In-fighting? Back stabbing? Drama-24/7? The FP was never that way because F/R was an active and responsible administrator. He made a haven where friendships and fun flourished.

I wish the best for this new forum. Jeannie has graciously created this space and taken on a monumental task. I hope that everyone works with her to make it more than just a place to post.

// end lecture ;)

10/19/2008 #15
sorrytosayimgone

STPMO: All of the Jo Bros/Edward Cullen/Michael Phelps bumper stickers on FaceBook. From now, I am tagging every one I see as 'offensive.'

Seriously. They're that annoying. D;

Hi, Piemom. (:

10/19/2008 #16
gema227

I'm afraid that I have to disagree. It always was and always will be F/R’s forum. People sometimes had a tendency to forget that little fact. He was the one who created it, fostered it and, most importantly, maintained it. To run a successful forum requires a lot of effort. And by successful, I don’t mean a large post count. I mean a place where people feel safe and secure; the type of place where people form real and lasting relationships; a community of support and friendship.

There are plenty of fora with large post counts but take a peek inside and what do you find? Randomness? In-fighting? Back stabbing? Drama-24/7? The FP was never that way because F/R was an active and responsible administrator. He made a haven where friendships and fun flourished.

Good point, pie. I take back what I said. Also, I still have the utmost respect for F/R and meant no rudeness to him.

10/19/2008 #17
Hell's Ice Heaven's Fire

STPMO: All the hardcore, freaky Edward Cullen/Jacob Black fangirls. I love the Twilight series, but you people piss me off. The Twilight Series has a lot more to offer then those two and you girls are not helping our reputation. The people who like Twilight are NOT just pubescent girls. A lot of us are parents, Older teens, College students, hell, not even all of us are GIRLS! There are a TON of guys that like the series too!!

STPMO: the FP shutting down. I totally respect F/R's decision, but dammit, I liked that forum! Thank the heavens this is here, that was I can still talk to most of the people from the FP. Well...I guess I'm just more sad that it's gone. *Cries*

10/19/2008 #18
Felinae Silvestris

I agree with Pie... having made a similar decision myself (funnily enough on the same day) with one of my forums (I only have forums off of ffnet), it's a tough call to make but if he feels it's time, it's time. I like this place, to stay in touch with you guys. I was never flamed, by anyone, the reason I visited the FP was just because it seemed like a great community full of interesting and friendly people. Sadly, nothing lasts forever, and I think F/R was right to make that decision. Even if it is a shame to see it gone.

10/19/2008 #19
Silent Memento

This isn't a rant, and I don't know if it's the right place to say this, but I just have to get it out.

My home life is terrible at best, and even though I'm seventeen, I might not be able to move out due to personal reasons. ...I'm sorry for bitching.

10/19/2008 #20
Isa the One-Eyed Zombie

...I'm sorry for bitching.

Don't be. That's what this thread is here for. :) And your post is a heckuva lot less petty than mine.

STPMO: Lazy base makers. Keep in mind, I don't mean the ones that don't shade (shading's our job anyway) or don't bother with bald versions, they're perfectly fine. I mean the ones that can't even be bothered to CLEAN UP THEIR LINEART. Seriously. I don't care how pretty your base is, if I have to recolor the outline with the flood-fill tool because the color eraser won't work, chances are I will not touch your bases with a ten-foot pole. Also, make sure that there aren't any skin-colored dots in any accessories (e.g. headphones, animal ears, etc.) that are on the base. That is just annoying, especially when they're all marginally different shades so the color eraser doesn't do jack. AND DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT OUTLINING WITH THE PAINTBRUSH TOOL. *seethes*

10/19/2008 #21
wakingsilentandresigned

STPMO: The girl that my favorite actor is dating is basically flaunting their relationship on her facebook. Seriously, she stole him from someone else and she has a million pictures of them kissing and hugging. At least, she could keep it low key for a little bit. Have some respect for the other girl. I never was a fan of hers before and now I find her incredibly annoying and hope she does not do anything to make him an asshole.

10/19/2008 #22
Kiseki Lin

STPMO: The fact that I'm still sick. Found out that my sinus is like swollen, I have post-nasal drip, which is making my throat hurt like hell!!! I still can't eat without making my throat sore.

But thank goodness for Halls...

10/19/2008 #23
Tersa InsaneWithSanity

STPMO: Math homework. Rawr! And the inability of my teacher to teach anything relevant in the class. Do I care about the different type of mullets? NO! And yes, the mullet rants and stories about his cats are better than math, but he then springs pop quizzes on us WHEN HE HASN'T EVEN TAUGHT US HOW TO DO IT!!! AND he assigns homework on the problems he hasn't showed us how to do, using a formula WE DON'TKNOW! RAWRRR! is it too much to ask the teacher teaches the actual class opposed to...what ever he is doing?!?!?!!?

10/20/2008 #24
Anarane Faelivrin

STPMO: I failed my Maths test D: Badly.

MSTPMO: My two friends ignored me for the fun of it.

10/20/2008 #25
Yasona Black

My two friends ignored me for the fun of it.

Goodness, a lot of friends who suck seem to be 'friends' with the people in the FPA.

STPMO: I don't feel right. I'm exhausted. I called into work after getting only five hours of sleep and now I can't even take a nap. I have to drive an hour back and forth to school and it just sounds tiring. I'm not even sure I'm going to be able to stay awake in the class (or my car! :O)

10/20/2008 #26
Oracle Five

STPMO: I haven't made it to my Monday class in several weeks. Which sucks, because that's my Chem class and it's the class I'm doing well in. My Bio class is fun, but I'm NOT DOING WELL ON THE EXAMS. Also, my Chem grade's already in trouble since I missed some Discovery sessions. Miss more than five of those and you auto-fail Chem. Miss two (that's how many I've missed) and you automatically get 6 percent taken off your final Chem grade.

I made this damn schedule back when I was working under the assumption that I'd be living on campus and therefore wouldn't have to worry about such early classes...

MSTPMO: I need to be losing weight. Seriously. And yet the only activity not involving some sort of electronic device that I've been able to muster any interest in is...food. Gorging myself silly on delicious meat and fish, specifically. And I have to settle for carbo-loading with lots of pasta because the piles of meat and fish I desire are not accessible to me.

...I want to eat chunks of FISH, dammit! And raw oysters and boiled lobsters and sweet, sweet chicken meat...but I'm pretty sure I've gained weight already... -_-

10/20/2008 #27
EclipseIllusion

STPMO: I went to this other fan fiction site(I was just trying to see if there were others just as good as this one; meh, maybe). Anyway the first time I went these red blocks appeared talking in the first person about a "bandwidth" theif, and that I was caught in the act. I went to my browser, and pressed enter(I clicked it so, it highlighted) then it was normal. I just hope it wasn't soem type of spam/virus crap. Secondly, I hope it wasn't for real. I don't know what they were doing, or what htey thought I was doing, but it wasn't anything wrong.

10/20/2008 #28
dartigen

STPMO: The McDonald's Careers site is screwing up on me and I can't put my application in. T Maccers GET SOMEONE WHO CAN CODE JAVASCRIPT PROPERLY.

MSTPMO: I left my letter from the bank in my locker, so I can't get to my online stuff because I don't know my login.

10/20/2008 #29
blaqksilence

I am so sick of... myself, really.

10/21/2008 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: DevilWearsJeans The Pirate on Wheels, Dimitrius
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member