The Fireplace Alliance
For all the Fireplace regulars who would like to talk to each other and anything else.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 .. Last Next »
meggannn

I'm a godmother. That's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short. That's cute. I taught her that.

- Ellen Degeneres

My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is.

- Ellen Degeneres

If you believe everything you read, you better not read.

- Japanese Proverb

There are two things that a man cannot hide: when he is drunk and when he is in love.

Reading gives us somewhere to go when we have to stay where we are.

- Mason Cooley

It's not just sex you need protection from. It's everything that goes along with a relationship. You can't protect yourself from that. Maybe what I need is an emotional condom.

- Drew Barrymore

I've always said that one night I'm gonna find myself in some field somewhere. I'm standing on grass and it's raining and I'm with the person I love and I know I'm at the very point I've been dreaming of getting to.

- Drew Barrymore

A dress makes no sense unless it inspires men to want to take it off you.

- Francoise Sagan

You know, people always ask are you okay? But they're never really expecting the truth. Cause the reality of the matter is, if I was okay, you wouldn't have to wonder.

I do not want people to be agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them.

- Jane Austen

7/22/2009 #241
Tersa InsaneWithSanity

A lot of guys ignore the laugh, and that's about standards. I mean, if you're gonna get into the Evil League of Evil, you have to have a memorable laugh. What, do you think Bad Horse didn't work on his whinny? His terrible death-whinny?

-Dr. Horrible (Joss Whedons "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog")

[Going through security in Airport]

(Grandma has had both hips replaced)

Grandma to security guard: I have two hips.

Security guard (confused): So do I....?

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat."

- Mark Twain

7/22/2009 #242
meggannn

Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.

- Harry Potter

Ideas pull the trigger, but instinct loads the gun.

If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.

- Michael Jackson

I'd much rather be known as some curvy Kate than as some skinny chick.

- Kate Winslet

A dream is an answer to a question we haven't yet learned how to ask.

- Fox Mulder

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

You play the hand you are dealt. I think the game is worthwhile.

- Christopher Reeve

And, of course when faced with the unknown, most of us prefer to turn around and go back.

A heart can hallucinate if it's completely starved for love. It can make monsters seem like angels.

Things never happen the same way twice.

- Prince Caspian

Live as you would have wished to live when you are dying

- Christian Furchtegott Gellert

But you see, Meg, just because we don't understand doesn't mean that the explanation doesn't exist.

- "A Wrinkle in Time" by Madeleine L'Engle

Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands?

- Ernest Gaines

Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.

- Eskimo Proverb

Man, I'm going crazy with these quotes...

7/23/2009 #243
Debatra

"A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in." -- Greek proverb

7/23/2009 #244
obi-glasses

"Isn't it obvious? Suspense builds up to a certain point, while suprise leaps out of a dark alley and kills you with a machete." -Me, explaining the difference between suspense and suprise

"RUN! THE CURRY OF LIFE!" Naruto (seen on inuficcrzy's profile)

7/23/2009 #245
Kiseki Lin

I bought a book of quotes yesterday and I find many of them interesting. Immortal Words: History's Most Memorable Quotations and the Stories Behind Them by Terry Breverton.

Some I read thus far:

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime" ~ Lao-Tzu c.600 BCE.

"A man should practice what he preaches, but a man should also preach what he practices" ~ The Analects of Confucius 479 - 221 BCE.

"The life which is unexamined is not worth living" ~ Socrates 469 - 399 BCE. The Aplogy of Socrates, Plato.

"Worthless people live only to eat and drink; people of worth eat and drink only to live" Socrates 469 - 399 BCE.

"Time the devourer of everything" ~ Publius Ovidius Naso (Ovid) 43 BCE - c.18 CE. The Metamorphoses, 8 SCE.

7/24/2009 #246
neutralizing

YOU HAVE TO GET OUT OF HERE, YOUR VAGINA IS HAUNTED

- Mex in the Spam Thread, ilu. ;u;

8/5/2009 #247
neutralizing

"Oh no! It fainted, just like that!"

"No, really?"

- Announcer Dude stating the obvious and Janine being a smart-mouthed brat, Pokemon Stadium 2, found in this video at around 4:21

Well, it certainly got a hearty chuckle out of me... then again, I am incredibly biased for this girl. |3;

8/9/2009 #248
The Pirate on Wheels

"The world's most worshipped band" - New York Times

After 18 years AFI have cultivated one of the most passionate followings on the planet. It was in 2003 that the band catapulted into arena status off the back of Sing The Sorrow, acclaimed as a genuine masterpiece by fans and critics alike... “Sing The Sorrow soars with the kind of melodies hit singles are made of, yet it somehow persists with AFI's esoteric darkness.” – Alternative Press

In 2006 AFI released their most ambitious effort to date, Decemberunderground, fusing their unique blend of rock with electronic, hip-hop, New Wave and pop. “There is plenty to love here, so don't be surprised when you find it has become the current soundtrack to your life.” – Billboard

AFI will be releasing their eighth studio album, Crash Love, on September 25. "Honestly I've never been more proud of an AFI record... we are thrilled to hear it come to life." – Davey Havok

All quotes from the Soundwave Festival site concerninng AFI. I bolded my favorite parts.

8/14/2009 #249
Lavender Cat

"They have some pretty twisted ideas, some that I've seen. I don't know if it'd be wise to go with a lot of what they come up with. They have ZIM and Dib falling in love ideas. That makes me ill. Ill to my belly. My ill-prone belly."

-Johnen Vasquez's opinion of Invader Zim fanfic

It made me laugh.

8/15/2009 . Edited 8/15/2009 #250
silver replies

-cracks knuckles- Ready for some AVPM?

Draco Malfoy: You know who I think is the ugliest? That girl, Hermione Granger. You know what I would give her on a scale from one to ten, one being ugly and ten being pretty? (pause) An eight! (pause) No, eight point five. No, even a nine. (pause) Oh, but definitely not over a nine point eight, but there's always room for improvement. Not everyone's perfect like me, that's why I am holding out for a ten! ... because I am wonderful.

Dumbledore: What the fuck is a Hufflepuff?

Lavender Brown (portrayed by an Asian): Bitch, I ain't Cho Chang!

Voldemort (to Quirrel): I watch you wipe your butt daily. You can call me Voldemort, we're there. We've reached that point.

Draco Malfoy: He's a lion... who can talk.

Harry: I love you all. Except you, Draco, I can't fucking stand you.

Snape: Can anybody tell me what foreshadowing is?

8/18/2009 #251
meggannn

[Isabel] - Draco actually said, "That's why I'm holding out for a ten! ... Because I'm worth it." ;)

More AVPM, because it is amazing~

Ginny: Aren't we supposed to be sorted by the Sorting Hat?

Dumbledore: A funny thing happened to the Sorting Hat. It actually got hitched with another piece of enchanted clothing. So he and the Scarf of Sexual Preference will not be coming back until next year. Recently, I've just been putting anyone who looks like a good guy into Gryffindor, anybody who looks like a bad guy into Slytherin, and the other two can just go wherever the hell they want, I don't care.

Cedric:(standing up) Hufflepuffs are particularly good finders! :D

Dumbledore: What the hell is a Hufflepuff?

8/18/2009 #252
silver replies

Moar AVPM because I'm hooked. Mostly Draco and Voldy. Best quotes in the musical, pretty much, excluding Dumbledore.

Voldemort: It's like that movie, She's All That.

Draco: Did anybody say Draco Malfoy?

Quirrel: You came back?

Voldemort: I came home!

Voldemort: Voldemort out, bitches!

Draco: Why can't we just be Death Eaters?

Draco: Ugh, Squirt? Never mind, I'll stay dehydrated.

By the way, can anyone tell me the scene where he's like, "I want Hermione Granger and a rocketship"?

8/18/2009 . Edited 8/19/2009 #253
The Pirate on Wheels

Jeanie's Day

a play in on act.

Ike asks: What do you have planned for today?

Jeannie says: I'm going to go to my bestie.

We're going to have fun and do silly things.

That came out awkward for some reason...

Ike says: It really did....

8/22/2009 #254
meggannn

By the way, can anyone tell me the scene where he's like, "I want Hermione Granger and a rocketship"?

That's when Harry, Hermione and Ron go talk to Dumbledore in his office about the Horcruxes. Their meeting is cut short when the Death Eaters show up, Draco with them, and Dumbledore says, "Malfoy, ya little shit!" He goes on to say, "You need to look inside yourself to see what you really want!"

Draco: ...I want Hermione Granger! And a rocket ship...

8/22/2009 #255
meggannn

Don't look back unless it's a good view.

As a well spent day brings happy sleep, a well spent life brings happy death.

- Leonardo da Vinci

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

You can’t expect to find the right someone until you know who you are, what matters to you, and what makes your heart happy.

- Nick Jonas. This line of his really struck me, for some reason.

He who has a why can endure any how.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

- Albert Einstein

Sometimes you accidentally input an extra digit into the year: i.e, 19993 and you add 18,000 years on to now, and you realize that the year 19993 will one day exist and that time is a scary thing, indeed.

- Douglas Coupland

...And how we get caught up in so many entanglements and insecurities and worries and obsessions and trivial arguments while life races right by us shaking its head at how seriously we take ourselves.

8/23/2009 . Edited 8/23/2009 #256
strawberries and napkins

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars. Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a damn word that comes out of his mouth."

--Micheal Jackson. It's funny because it's true!

8/28/2009 #257
meggannn

Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

— Roald Dahl

Everything happens to everybody sooner or later if there is time enough.”

- George Bernard Shaw

But everyone disappears, no matter who loves them.– Dave Eggers

For the first half of your life, people tell you what you should do; for the second half, they tell you what you should have done.

- Richard Needham

After I'm dead, I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one.

- Marcus Porcius Cato

If you're going to go through hell, I suggest you come back learning something.

Some questions don't have answers, which is a terribly difficult lesson to learn."

- Katherine Graham

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.

- Mark Twain

9/19/2009 #258
The Pirate on Wheels

You rape what you sow.

- Dimi, mistyping a quote.

9/27/2009 #259
Vesper Core

It can't be done, Lee is sex appeal.If Lee, Gai, or heaven forbid both of them, ever took off their shirts Konoha would get so flooded with fangirl drool everyone would think Kisame was in town.Lee is the incarnation of the word "pwnsome." Any changes made to him would call the earth to fall in to the sun. FACT.- NarutoFan Forum members

People have never been so right before.

10/5/2009 . Edited 10/5/2009 #260
Rozen

Hmm, not sure how this works, but if I can post my own quotes, then I would be happy to oblige and contribute one from myself...it's dedicated to all the fanbrats that I've flamed for the past 2 years and ongoing... ;P

The only reason why I am still standing here in this site is because I am a raven who feeds upon the hatred from you people whom I have lay misfortune upon. These people's negative emotions are my food, I consume hatred from them just to satisfy my own twisted sense of humor. I could've care less what people think of me since I am a "Crow" whom brings nothing but bad luck and omen upon my victims. So why should I be bothered by my victim's all-bark-and-no-bite, insignificant insults of trying to antagonize me? - Rozen

I bring only Dying Hopes to senseless fanbrats. - Rozen, the Crow of Unfortunate Literature. (look it up on my avatar's words)

10/5/2009 . Edited 10/5/2009 #261
libraryloser

Jellicoe Road is an awesome book... why isn't it on fanfiction?

10/6/2009 #262
Speaker of Words

Jellicoe Road is an awesome book... why isn't it on fanfiction?

I'm not sure if you're in the right thread...

Guy pretending to be girl at school, through Facebook: I love you. Make love to my vagina.

10/6/2009 . Edited 10/21/2009 #263
meggannn

If you believe that feeling bad or worrying long enough will change a past or future event, then you are residing on another planet with a different reality system.

- William James

How much of human life is lost in waiting.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Take my advice and live for a long long time, because the maddest thing a man can do in this life is to let himself die.

- Cervantes, Don Quixote

Hope is the thing with feathers.

- Emily Dickinson

It's a small world after all.

- Walt Disney

10/11/2009 #264
Yasona Black

CAUTION: Spoilers for Season 7 of Buffy.

-

"Wait a minute, you think I'm evil...if I bring a group of girls on a camping trip and don't touch them?" -Giles

10/11/2009 #265
The Pirate on Wheels

Phinious and Ferb.

Proffesor Dufensmurts: I knew I couldn't come to the show empty handed, so I brought this! The Video-clip-atron 5000! You see when I was a little boy, my parents never let me watch music videos....

Major: No no no, we don't have time fir an emotionally scarring back story.

Proffessor Dufensmurts: Well then, how about I give you an emotionally scarring front story?

Major: That doesn't make sense.

Proffessor Dufensmurts: It doesn't have too, I have a monster truck. WOOO!

10/12/2009 . Edited 10/12/2009 #266
Mexicano27

Foe Vespiquen is exerting its Pressure!

Porygon-2 used Ice Beam! It's Super Effective!

Foe Vespiquen used Heal Order! Foe Vespiquen regained health!

There's no PP left for Ice Beam!

- Battle against Aaron

10/20/2009 #267
Speaker of Words

Luke: Well, Taylor, I'm a two inch kinda guy.

10/21/2009 #268
The Pirate on Wheels

You're 14. 14 for heaven's sake. Is it really necessary to act like a brain damaged rabbit in a Pfizer testing plant?

-Fusionmix

11/1/2009 #269
dartigen

there is no better combination than caffeine and drawing. not even cocaine and hookers. The trouble with hookers and drawing is they never really ENJOY it, they just pretend

- Jeph Jacques, on his Twitter feed.

11/4/2009 #270
« Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: DevilWearsJeans The Pirate on Wheels, Dimitrius
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member