Legion of Superheroes: Fun & Games
Legion of Superheroes- The Most Fun Team of Superheroes in the 31st Century! So, wanna have some fun with other LoSH fans? Play tons of games right here!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Who's Your Fave Villain?
1 Empress
2 Wave
3 Tyr
4 Hunter
5 Ron-Karr
6 The Persuader
7 Alexis
8 Mano
9 Imperiex
10 Validus
11 Esper
12 Tharok
13 Other (Please Specify)
14 Mekt
View Poll Result. Please vote for up to 2 choices.

Alright, so here's a little topic where we can share stuff 'bout ourselves. I don't mean like your full name, social security number or other stuff that stalkers want, but stuff that you want us to know!

I'll try to switch the polls around every so often. Maybe once five or six people have voted or after week, which ever comes first. :D

My favorite colors are YELLOW and GREEN!

12/3/2008 . Edited 6/11/2009 #1

My favorite color is red. Has been forever. Runners-up, blue and purple.

12/3/2008 #2

Awesome! Nice avvie, btw.

12/3/2008 #3

[snerk] If you ask me, it's kind of scary, but FF stuck me with it-- looks like.

What I need is one of Pacerpaw's Cham avatars with a cheezy blinking neon slogan over it like:

"I love you ! You're perfect ! Now change !" ------- It was the name of an off-B'way RomCom, several years back-- if my memory serves.

12/3/2008 #4

I think everyone without an avvie got one of those. That's a neat idea! :D

12/3/2008 #5

Yes, I excell at thinking up brilliant ideas w/no ability to carry them out. It's the story of my life.

Oh, Wiki confirms that I'm right about the play, at least. It's been running off-B'way since 1996. Not bad. It's been translated into 13 languages so far but no mention of either Interlac or Durlan. :p

12/3/2008 #6

Nice. :D

12/3/2008 #7

Green and purple but if i had three fav choices, blue would be the third.

12/4/2008 . Edited 12/4/2008 #8
Sailor V-babe

Ooh, I can't choose. I actually love pretty much all colors, but I probably would have to say that purple and aqua are some of my all time faves. But I just love color. I don't think I could stand being blind.

12/4/2008 #9

Me too! Thanks for the sub, PacerPaw! :D

12/4/2008 #10

NP, Greenie. By the way you can call me just Pacer if you want. It's a handy short nickname.

12/5/2008 #11

Cool, thanks! :D

12/5/2008 #12

Yes, I have an actual avatar now, thanks to Amarin Rose. Whoo-hooo !

12/5/2008 #13

I know! I saw it! Epic! :D

Y'all want me to change the poll? I'm sorta bored of this one.

12/5/2008 #14

It wouldn't let me weigh in on the new topic, for some reason. I think if you change the topic, it still treats you like you've already voted. Maybe start a new on instead ? Will it let you do that on the same thread.

(Gack. Never try to write your fic with one hand while you apply for work with the other hand. I'm just sayin'. :p )

12/5/2008 #15

Oh yeah, I know. I had that poll up, then I thought some people might find it 'offending' in some way. Y'know... So yeah, I'll make a new one. Any ideas?

12/5/2008 #16

Favorite character is always a good one. I always want to know who's the favorite, and why ? You could pick six or seven majors and then an "other" category for people who like the characters that didn't get as much screen time.

[ponders] Or there's always "What holiday gift do you want the most ?" Of course, everyone already knows my answer:

12/5/2008 #17

Yeah, that's what I thinkin'. As for your job, good luck!

12/5/2008 #18

New poll- UP! :D

12/5/2008 #19

Well, I gotta' give it to Cham, but Violet is second by an eyelash.

I think it has a lot to do with shapeshifting as a metaphor for assimilation of a minority culture in a dominant culture and blah blah blah. That and the whole detective thing: I grew up with a Mom who was/is a mystery buff, and we watched a whole lotta' noir.

(For those who didn't read the comics, Cham led the Espionage Squad for a huge chunk of LoSh time;Later on I think it was Invisible Kid I, though.)

12/5/2008 #20

For me, it's Phantom Girl. She's spunky, sarcastic and really brave. A real role model. Then it's Kell (he's awesome), LL (he's a hothead) and Violet (she's really smart and funny).

12/5/2008 . Edited 12/5/2008 #21

Violet's the classic example of a female being given what seems like a trivial power-- until you think it all the way through;Then you realize that she's pretty damn dangerous. Waid really played up that side and made her incredibly aggressive. So did Levitz-- in that continuity some terrible stuff happened to her and she got hard as nails.

It still bothers me how PG got shunted aside for so much of the second season, along with SG. One of these days, I'm going to write a fic that's just the womenfolk going out and kicking... stuff. Sometime next year, maybe.

12/5/2008 #22

I totally agree with you. :)

12/5/2008 #23

That's a cool avarar Cleome! Good luck with the job appliation btw. Hey that's a fun new poll, i had so many favs (over 6!) But did a top 4: Lightning Lad, Phantom Girl, Brainy and Violet!

Tinya has been my number one fav girl Legionnaire since season 1. I like her attitude and she has a sense of fun.

Brainy was my first fav of Season 1. There was just something about him that was so interesting and adorable. In season 2 he had become more snarky but continued to be very interesting and endearing.

Lightning Lad didn't really become a top 4 until season 2 andit has everything to do with his mental as well as and physical maturation. Sure he is still a hothead but he seems more responsible now and we got to see even more of his softer, caring side. I also remember his 'duty face' moments and how he of all people was the one to tell Kel and Brainy to "Put it on pause" and things like: "Why don't you both go and let us smash destructo bots in peace?"

Vi is just full of attitude and fun, she is a techie geek and probably the smartest girl on the team though the other girls are pretty sharp as well. It's also cool that they showed a girl who doesn't roll her eyes at guys with big guns and explosions. :D

Cham didn't make my top 4 (he was number 5) but is very endearing and funny, full of cute expressions and is the new little brother type of the team. Plus i like shape shifters. What's not to love?

I agree with you Cleome, there was far too little girl screentime in season 2! It's understandable for SG who was in that healing trance coma most of the season but Tinya and Loumou wasn't. Tinya got what, 3 speaking parts and Duo the same i believe. I'm glad Vi and Dreamy got some attention though but would have liked to see them interact with the other girls not just the boys.

12/6/2008 . Edited 12/6/2008 #24

Five people voted on this poll.... I thought only three did...

12/6/2008 . Edited 12/6/2008 #25
Sailor V-babe

Brainy will always hold a very special place in my heart. I mean he was the Legionnaire who got me interested in the first place. (I still read the classic comics pretty much for him and little else) but I don't think I'm a "rabid Fangirl." At least, I don't think so . . .

I love Violet, since she's short like me. Techie Short Girls need to stick together and all . . . That and she's just so fun to write. ^_^

Bouncy is another fave, simply because I actually know a guy who is almost exactly like him. He dated one of my sister's friends (Thank goodness that's over, although I preferred Coty over her current fiancee . . .) and he was one of our star actors at church. (The one year I got to play a bratty little kid, even though I'm older than he is by about a year, I got to scare the crap out of him by yelling in his ear. Ahh, good times.)

And I love Saturn Girl. She's the perfect example of a girl who looks like a 'girly girl' and kicks butt as good as the boys. That, and telepathy would be fun. *sighs* If I could'nt be Violet I'd want to be her. (and she's pretty. Darn it, why are blondes so much prettier than people with frizzy brown hair like me?)

12/6/2008 #26

Oh, and it still only let me vote once. So after Cham I guess it would be:

Shrinking Violet

Dream Girl -- I always loved the contrast between what in Levitz' stories was this frivolous flirt who looked like a futuristic Vargas girl but had a power that would terrify most people if we got saddled with it. It's like she had to be frivolous to live with the consequences of knowing the future-- or she would have lost her mind. One of the last Legion stories I remember from those days was the one where the villain Universo shunted Brainy, Saturn, Cham AND Dreamy to an other-dimensional prison because they were the four most intelligent Legionnaires. The rest of the team he felt confident that he could brainwash undetected, but not those four.

Other-- Star Boy -- Very much a good-hearted ordinary Joe, I guess. A little like Superman, but surrounded so much by other even-more-powerful super-beings, he's even more self-effacing than Supes was in the first season. It's kind of nice to imagine that if I had this god-like power to build stars and what-not, I'd still remain a fundamentally decent and kind person and not turn into an arrogant j***.

12/6/2008 #27

"I'm glad Vi and Dreamy got some attention though but would have liked to see them interact with the other girls not just the boys..."

I've gotta' do something about that when I'm finally done with my current fic. [scowls]

Ever see Alison Bechdel's "movie measure test ?" She used to have a character in a comic strip she wrote/drew that would only watch films in which:

--There were at least two women

--They interacted with one another

--They talked to each other about something other than men.

The character told a friend that about the only movie she liked was "Alien" because at least the two women could talk about the monster. :p

In the cartoon, SG had both telekenesis (or so it appeared) and illusion-casting, two powers she didn't have in the comics. This made her incredibly powerful, but then it looked like they backed away from that fearing it made her too powerful. Grrrrr...

12/6/2008 #28

"...Darn it, why are blondes so much prettier than people with frizzy brown hair like me?..."

12/6/2008 #29

Since 6 folks have voted on the poll, I think it's time to shake it up! Any ideas for a poll? I was thinking about a poll askin' people 'bout what they want for a new poll.

12/7/2008 . Edited 12/7/2008 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: 1000GreenSun
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member