The DG Forum!
The DG Forum: ff . net's official - uh, self-proclaimed - stronghold for all things Draco/Ginny. Writers wanted.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9
idreamofdraco

-Pairing: Draco/Hermione (I know, I know. -_-)

-Genre: Romance/Horror/Drama?? (I'm not sure if it will ever get into the romance territory (I'm on a deadline, you see) and I've never written horror before so the genres are a mystery to me so far.)

-Rating: Dunno yet, but probably T/M for language/horror

-Length estimate: Well, the rules of the fest I'm participating in require stories to be less than 25,000 words. I've only written about 2,000 so far so I don't know if the story will ever get that long. :P

-Warnings: Horror. It's a Walking Dead-inspired fic (more specifically Carol/Daryl) so lots of zombies and tearing people apart and stuff. (If this will encourage anyone to help me, Ron is the first victim. And Draco carries a crossbow until Hermione takes it from him! :D)

-If there's a specific beta style you're looking for, or anything specific you need help with, please add that too.

I'm mostly looking for someone to check my SpaG and maybe bounce ideas with me when I get stuck. Also, any help making this horrifying plot actually horrifying would be super great. My deadline is the end of August.

7/7/2015 . Edited 7/7/2015 #241
Paradoxically

**Beta needed**

Looking for someone to do a read-through and a little clean-up on a one shot.

Animagus

-Status- Complete, one-shot

-Pairing: Draco/Ginny

-Genre: Humor

-Rating: PG

-Length estimate: 2,200 words

-Warnings: Erm, this one is pretty clean. Cursing and innuendo, pretty standard stuff

-Looking for: Basic clean-up, especially dialogue. I'm debating on re-working the ending and would like some feedback on it as it currently stands. Every time I look at it, I feel a strong desire to trash the whole thing. I'd like to have someone else look at it and remind me that I'm being stupid before I go that route.

Please let me know if you're interested!

9/6/2015 #242
Ely-Baby

Hi! I'm desperately looking for a beta-reader at this very moment in time. Here are my story's specifics, don't be shy, I swear I'm adorable. :)

Title: Samsara

Characters: Draco Malfoy, Ginny Weasley, Xenophilius Lovegood, Scorpius Malfoy, Lily Luna Potter, Luna Lovegood, Rolf Scamander, Lorcan Scamander, Lysander Scamander

Pairings: Draco Malfoy/Ginny Weasley, Scorpius Malfoy/Lily Luna Potter, Luna Lovegood/Rolf Scamander

Era: Next-gen, fully canon compliant

Rating: NC-17 for three explicit scenes between Draco and Ginny, they are rather short, though. (Hence, no underage betas, please.)

Warnings: Infidelity, explicit sexual content

Length: 40,000 words. Five chapters.

Genres: Adventure, religion, romance, friendship.

Status: Completed except for a scene I need help finishing.

Summary: Three unlikely people find themselves on the same path to understanding.

Author's notes: This story was commissioned to me from someone on Livejournal, who bought my services at FandomAid back in April, during the campaign for Nepal, hence why I decided to set it in Nepal. The deal was that I would write a one-shot and choose between Harry/Astoria or Ginny/Draco. I have been wanting to write Ginny/Draco for the longest time, and therefore I jumped at the chance and wrote this one-shot-turned-five-shot thingy. In the story Ginny, Draco and Xenophilius are on an expedition to Nepal to find their children (and grandchildren in Xenophilius' case) who were last sighted near Gorakshep on Mount Everest, while they were looking for the Yeti. Draco is sure that they are dead, Xenophilius is sure that they are alive and well, and Ginny is torn between hope and the harsh reality. As they trek the Himalayas to investigate what happened to their children, Draco and Ginny find comfort and solace in each other.

What I need: First and foremost, someone who is good with grammar. I'm not a mother tongue, so that's definitely a weakness of mine. Someone who is good with stories in the present tense (I have problems with how to talk about the past when I'm writing in the present tense). I need help with the only action scene in the story. I tried to write it, but it's dull and not very fast paced, I need help on how to make seven wizards and witches fight four yetis in a most exciting way. I don't need particular help with the plot, since the story is complete, but that doesn't mean that you cannot give me your input if you want! I'm always happy to hear what my betas suggest. I have someone who is beta-reading this fic already, but RL is not being helpful at the moment, so she told me to look for a second beta. I found one, but she just dropped the project due to RL issues as well. u_u There is no deadline for the fic, but I would like to post it before the end of the year, if possible, because my poor recipient has waited long enough, I reckon.

Thank you in advance to whoever might be interested. I promise I'm very polite, friendly, and will give full credit to whoever will help me.

10/4/2015 #243
KellyD.R

Hi, would you beta for a draco/ginny fic?

11/14/2015 #244
KellyD.R

Hi, would you beta for a draco/ginny fic?

11/14/2015 #245
Ely-Baby

Hello, sorry, but I can only beta fics in Italian, as I'm not an English mother-tongue in the first place. Sorry.

11/14/2015 #246
KellyD.R

Hi, I am Kelly.

I was wondering if you would beta for me. Its a draco/ginny oneshot.

11/15/2015 #247
Boogum

Kelly, you will probably have better luck if you make your request using the template on the first page. That will allow people to see if they are interested or have the time to help you with your fic.

11/16/2015 #248
MyLadyElise

This request is a little unorthodox as I cannot use the template.

Per an email this morning, my beta for my exchange fic has fallen through. I can't post any details of my fic here, of course; however, if you are not participating in the fic exchange and would like to beta for me, please send me a PM.

I believe that I will have the full draft ready for beta by Monday, Jan. 18.

I would be much obliged for any help! Thanks!

1/11/2016 #249
SweetProserpina

Writer - Looking for a beta.

Pairing/; D/G

Genre: Romance/Angst

Rating: PG13, Nothing explicit (I'm rubbish at story rating!)

-Length estimate: Just under 4000 words

-Warnings: None

Mostly looking for SPaG, as well as some help with making sure tenses are right. I also wrote two possible endings, and a not sure which one sounds better.

Description: You're Awful is a fanfic with mini chapters that are based on an old Sinatra song of the same title. Follows the story of Draco's 6th year through to the beginning of the 7th and how his relationship with Ginny progressed.

3/11/2016 #250
Boogum

Did anyone ever reply to you, sweetp? Otherwise, I can help you out with the beta-reading, though I suspect this reply is a bit late in coming ...

3/29/2016 #251
SweetProserpina
Thank you! I didn't get any takers for beta so my little story has been languishing. You would be my hero if you'd fix it up for me! How do I send it to you?
3/30/2016 #252
Boogum

Hey, I sent you a PM with my details. :)

3/31/2016 #253
PlutoniumBunny

Hello! I'm looking for a beta!

This fic is a revamp of one of my oldest fanfictions (when I was about 13 or 14 years old), and it has a lot of folkloric and mythological elements.

Title: Reptile

Characters: Draco Malfoy, Ginny Weasley, Ron Weasley, George Weasley, Luna Lovegood, Lucius Malfoy (amongst others) and a new invented character.

Pairings: Draco Malfoy/Ginny Weasley

Era: Hogwarts era, Post-Hogwarts. EWE

Rating: M or Extremely Naughty. Mostly because of warnings. Some smut scenes as well.

Warnings: Blood, character death, graphic violence. Some other warnings may be added later. But it also has a lot of cute/happy moments, I promise :)

Length: I'm currently working on chapter three. So it's a long fic.

Genres: Drama, horror, romance.

Summary: Nothing is ever the same after the Second Wizarding War, and Draco knows it better than anyone. His only consolation is to escape to a remote land hoping it'll show him the meaning of life again. After a series of tragic events, Ginny discovers a terrible secret that connects her to the Malfoy heir… and to one of the darkest conspiracies in Magical Britain's History.

What I need: I'm new at English fanfic (I'm a Spanish mother tongue), so my main goal is not to mess up with common expressions, grammar, spelling, etc. As some of my friends say, my writing style is a bit "baroque", so I tend to be highly descriptive with places and sensations. It is very difficult for me not to feel like I'm butchering the language with each sentence, so any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!! Hugs!

10/6/2016 #254
Sw33tCh3rryP13

Sorted.

11/12/2016 . Edited 11/15/2016 #255
R3.0

Pairing: Draco/Ginny with some Blaise/Luna and others.

Genre: Hurt/Comfort/Romance - is probably what I'll label it as, but it is more of a Psychological/Romance than anything else.

Rating: T to M. Right now I intend to rate it as a T, but due to many things regarding Draco's behavior the rating might go up.

Length estimate: Right now I have 14 chapters planned out and I can honestly say that is about halfway into it or less. At the moment this is something I don't know if I'll be posting immediately until I've got quite a few chapters finished, so whoever starts with me will need to be in it for the long haul or until I reach chapter 14. I think there will be a point after where I may just start posting up

Warnings: Since I'm not entirely against lemons that just might happen. However, I make no promises. I'm EXTREMELY picky about lemons and when/if to put them, but there will be swearing, substance abuse, and descriptive violence. (I wonder if I should make this M now that I think about it.) Otherwise I can't think of anything else people would immediately abhor.

Preferences: In regards to what I need someone to beta. I would like grammar help of course, but more than anything I would love word suggestion and sentence structure help to make sure my writing is easily understandable, also someone familiar with a lot of Brit slang suggestions.

--

Summary:

Basically it is a story about PTSD and overcoming anxiety and depression with Draco being the sufferer. Due to his multiple mistakes and bad decisions Narcissa demands that he return to Britain to stay and start seeing a therapist, something of course Draco would absolutely want nothing to do with, but having no choice he succumbs to his mother's demands and with the help of the man he's speaking to and a Ginny who won't leave him be, he finds himself slowly coming to terms with himself and the people around him.

Meh... every time I describe the story I hate how I describe it because it makes it sounds boring. . I'm still working on coming up with a decent summary at the moment. May need a beta to help me with that too.

2/14/2017 . Edited 2/14/2017 #256
KieraRaelyn

Writer Looking for a Beta

- Title: Night of the Pheonix

- Pairing: Draco/Ginny

- Genre: Romance/Drama

-Rating: T?

-Length estimate: 22,000 words

-Warnings: N/A

-Additonal: I'm looking for someone to beta my exchange fic. Hoping to catch any straggler SPaG errors, but mostly I'm looking for help with fleshing the story out. I know that it was seriously dialogue heavy and I would like help with bringing it more to life. Would also like characterization issues pointed out, or any areas/scenes I should expand on.

9/15/2017 #257
Ha'niqua

I'm still available to beta exchange fics for writers that will be short in length (i.e. under 10,000 words). ;)

5/15 . Edited 6/6 #258
KieraRaelyn

I'm interested, Haz! I've never had a beta before and would be interested in the experience.

5/16 #259
Sw33tCh3rryP13

I also volunteer my beta services for the Summer 2018 exchange! xx

5/17 #260
Sunset Whispers

Hi, does anyone beta drastoria fics?

6/15 #261
« Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9
Forum Moderators: rowan-greenleaf idreamofdraco, Boogum, The DG Forum, Aerileigh
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member