I guess I'm alright now!
Yes, you are! Now everyone will talk to you. Look pleased.
So yeah, now that you've completed all the paperwork, join us in the common room!7/12/2009 #61
I guess I will then!7/12/2009 #62
|Element's Sole Protector
HarryPotterFanatic...you hate H/Hr?
*cries in corner*
...Okay, I'm not that upset...off to the common room then!7/13/2009 #63
1) Hey, my name is Lilia-Rose, though I call myself Lili, or if you want to shorten it, Lil
2) Three random facts? Okay...I'm an aquarius. Apparently that makes me stuborn. I'm not arguing.
I can speak, read and translate Latin. Of all the pointless skills... (talking of pointless skills, I also have a GCSE in Ancient Greek)
I love Tim Burton films.
3) My favorite pair is probably Bellatrix/Voldemort. My least favorite pair is either Ron/Hermione, or Harry/Ginny
5) Can I say both? I love tigers (that's it) but there's something beautiful about reptiles
6) Slow burn
8) Canon or fanon? Bits of both
9) Dramione - love it or hate it? Couldn't care less, though Draco could do way better then her.
10) How did you find us? (as in: how did you find your way here?) I was looking in forums, and clicked on a likely looking one.7/14/2009 #64
Hey, I'm Sarah. You need to get an avatar, otherwise Rowan will go off on one- again.
Read the lexicon, it will help. We're currently in common room 12.
If you actually stick and and don't disappear, I'm sure we'll get to the stage where I can tell you about my day and you understand it a bit.
Even if you think you've spelt everything right, spell check.
Bellatrix/Voldemort; I always feel sorry for Roddy.7/14/2009 #65
Hmm, I believe I broke protocol and posted in the quotes section first. My apologies.
1) The name I go by is Liandrin (if any of you read The Wheel of Time series, you will know my pain). Instead of telling people how to pronounce my name, I just tell them to call me Lia (Lee-ah).
2) Three things about me: I am a gamer, a historian, and into some things that are not PG-13.
3) Favourite pairing: Draco and Ginny. Least favourite: Harry and Ginny.
4) Chains or silk ropes? Cat o' Nine Tails.
5) Mammals or reptiles? Kitties.
6) Emotional outburst or slow burn? I like a combination of both -- a slow burn that leads to an emotional outburst. It comes out of nowhere.
7) Snape or Lucius? Snape!!
8) Canon or fanon? Fanon.
9) Dramione - love it or hate it? Would rather experience an icepick through the eye.
10) How did you find us? (as in: how did you find your way here?) Random searching due to boredom.7/14/2009 #66
I take it you're filling out you Sorting Lair post as I type... Anyway, welcome, we're in common room 12 and reading the lexicon may help.
Oh, I'm Sarah.7/14/2009 #67
Welcome, Lia. By 'gamer', do you mean video games? If so, you have just become my favourite person. (though that could change, depending on what games you like. :P )
Also, I've always loved that quote from Misconceptions. It is a pity she doesn't write fanfiction now.
Hope to see you in the common room. ^_^7/14/2009 #68
Hi there, all newbies. Welcome to our thing here. I'm Gin, and I'm glad you've joined us. ^^
Lilian, you sound like very interesting girl, hope to see ya in the CR soon.
And I just wanted to say something to Lia, YOU STORY "PRELUDE TO AN AFFAIR" IS AWESOME!
Same thing, I hope to see Lia in the CR too.
That said, I'm out of this thread. u_u7/14/2009 . Edited 7/14/2009 #69
Lili and Lia, welcome to the DG Forum. Do try and stick around; I'm thoroughly sick of the "Disappearing Newbie" act.
As Sarah has already suggested it's best if you read the Lexicon, but the wisest piece of advice I can offer you is to use the spell check function. Incorrect spelling is worse than improper grammar as there really is no excuse.
That said, Lia, I've read Prelude to an Affair as well and it's quite good. I've got your update on a list of stories to read.7/14/2009 #70
Thank you, Gin. Thank you, Lunar Fire. =)7/14/2009 #71
Oh, I suppose you can just call me Lunar. That's what I go by most often here.7/14/2009 #72
Welcome Lil and Lia. (Ha. this sounds funny.)
Hope you two enjoy the forum.7/16/2009 #73
Um, I welcome all newbies!!
I feel SO out of the loop right now.7/17/2009 #74
1) Vi, V.S, ginge
2) i've green eyes&red hair...signs of a witch yay lol..
i'm a capricorn..but the mosr unlikely capricorn you'll ever meet(too much water in my sign,see)
meh.. i love soccer...all the guys in my class find it weird that i know more about it than them...
3) scorpius/lily.L Potter(i love it)
Bellatrix/voldemort(no because they are both heartless and the latter is incapable of love)
ginny/draco(no..unless its well written)
4) Chains or silk ropes? silk ropes
5) Mammals or reptiles? mammals... i love panthers,leopards,
6) Emotional outburst or slow burn?emotional outburst defintely
7) Snape or Lucius? cant choose!! lucius is goregous!! snape...is snape.... equals self explantory
8) Canon or fanon? bit of both
9) Dramione - love it or hate it? hate
10) How did you find us? (as in: how did you find your way here?) looked for something to do! ;) love it by the way!7/21/2009 #75
Firstly, use capitals. We practice proper grammar at all times in this forum.
Secondly, if you don't like Draco/Ginny what are you doing in a D/G forum? We don't take kindly to D/G haters here.7/21/2009 #76
ginny/draco(no..unless its well written)
You do realise that you're in a Draco/Ginny forum. There are tons of wonderful D/G writers here though so I'm sure if you read any of them you will quickly be fully converted.
9) Dramione - love it or hate it? hate
That makes up a lot for the D/G thing.
If you come back please remember to watch your spelling and grammar. There are quite a few nazi's around that won't hesitate to tear you apart limb from limb then feed you to Vicky for these things.
Good luck Vi.7/21/2009 #77
Use proper grammar and spelling.
You'll like the D/G you find here, it's very well written.7/21/2009 #78
I'm terribly sorry... Firstly for my grammar, secondly for my earlier remark...*damm mood swings..iI wasn't in the best of moods...I sincerely apologise*
please recommend ginny/draco fics...
Very sorry for all those I have offended...
(No nazis please....I'm a silly niave newbie)7/21/2009 . Edited 7/21/2009 #79
Wait, why'd you edit that post? The one I got in my alerts was as follows:
I'm terribly sorry... Firstly for my grammar, secondly for my earlier remark...I meant to say unless it is well written... Very sorry for all those I have offended...
It was fine(r). And had caps. Ahem. (Also naive has a before i.)
You did say you didn't like them unless they were well written. Go to any of the several rec threads if you want a fast track to D/G.
I'm probably overdoing this. I just don't feel very forgiving this morning.7/21/2009 #80
I know I it said it already. I thought my answer wasn't satisfactory. I'm currently re-doing my chapters to edit grammar.
Oh believe me, I'm not a morning person either, hence the poor grammar and ginny/draco statement..which I modify right at this very moment.7/21/2009 #81
Hi Vi! Welcome!
I know the girls can be a bit stand-offish at first, but don't let that alarm you. They're quite nice once you get to know them (well, except for Lunar, but she has her reasons. Pestering me indeed). Once you get in the habit of checking your posts before you submit, they'll warm up right away and suggest fic after fic for your perusal.
You can find a list of high-quality D/G one-shots here, to get you started. Also, another good way to get to know the forum members is to read our fics. For a list of everyone's favorites that other members have written, go here.
If you like Lily/Scorpius there is a very good chance that you'll love Draco/Ginny. I hope you do!7/21/2009 #82
Thank you very much. I shall look into it indeed.7/21/2009 #83
I am not a D/G hater. I have written a D/G story dedicated to this forum.
I hope you like it it's called Everyone Loves a Bad Boy.
Please let me know what you think.
Sorry I forgot the link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5235982/1/Everyone_Loves_a_Bad_Boy7/21/2009 . Edited 7/21/2009 #84
Hello Vi, I'm Sarah.7/21/2009 #85
Hi Sarah. Love the vibrant colours in your picture!7/21/2009 #86
Out! To the Common Room, with all of you.
There will be no more discussions in this thread!7/21/2009 #87
*shrugs* I fancied a change from black and white. I'm going to the common room now.7/21/2009 #88
*gets scared and runs to common room*7/21/2009 #89
Welcome, Vi! I love your avatar! :D
I'm starlit, and I can't wait to meet you. ^_^7/21/2009 #90
|Forum Moderators: rowan-greenleaf idreamofdraco, Boogum, The DG Forum, Aerileigh|
|Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member|