The DG Forum!
The DG Forum: ff . net's official - uh, self-proclaimed - stronghold for all things Draco/Ginny. Writers wanted.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »
chromeknickers

I have never done this before, but I am recommending an author to review--not a story, but an author and her entire works.

Her penname is tudorrose1533 on FIA (link: )

I don't know how to describe her writing. She's an older writer (2005 and up), and it is amusing to go through the evolution of her writing, as her syntax and structure improves. But, really, who cares if she uses too many exclamation marks or too many commas? *looks in Kim's direction*

Most of her stories are set before HBP or before DH, and a lot of them are responses to challenges. Sometimes her Draco has blue eyes; sometimes he has grey. Stuff like this would bother you, if her writing or her plots were average. They are not. Her plots are engaging; her prose is brilliant in its simplicity and fluidity, and her stories are original and captivating. She draws you in from the very beginning, and you cannot bring yourself to stop reading.

'Lia, are you suggesting that we review all of her stories? That's unfair. No one else gets all of their stories reviewed!'

You are right. That is unfair. However, I did say that exceptions could be made, and this is my exception. I am not asking you to review all of her stories though, just one--maybe two--not all. I just cannot bring myself to choose one for you, so I leave you all of hers, to pick which story(ies) you wish to review and let us know--on here--which one(s) you reviewed and why.

Suggestions, you ask? Well, for one-shots, I suggest Mirror Magic. For chaptered stories, I would suggest Under for those who like angst. And for Leigh, especially, I would suggest The Choice Is Yours To Be Loved--I do believe that you would like the darkness of the many complicated (and uncomplicated) relationships. Plus, it is my favourite of her chaptered stories, and Mirror Magic is my favourite one-shot of hers.

She has a way of writing a believable emotional!Draco. I simply adore her Draco, who is--at once--vulnerable, confident, prejudiced, and proud. You may not agree with me. You may not share my enthusiasm. Art is subjective. It must be noted though, that she has made me fall in love with fanfiction all over again. Her storylines challenge clich├ęs, and her writing make me jealous, truly envious. There is no bitterness, however, for she has rekindled a love.

-

She was charming, and funny, and intelligent, but not perfect in the slightest, with a tendency lose her temper, and cry when she was angry even though she hated to cry. She was also a liar of the worst kind. But Draco knew better than to expect perfection from anyone; he was the perfect example of a flawed human being, and yet he knew that he was capable of love, and being loved. It was a pity that he'd reached this point where, now, no one else's love but hers would do. -- The Choice, Chapter 4

4/2/2010 . Edited 4/2/2010 #31
tinyriot

I love her work. I've never reviewed (hides in shame) but will try to this weekend.

Lia, you can find more of her work in her writing journal.

ETA: I just reviewed The Tower. It's lovely.

4/2/2010 . Edited 4/5/2010 #32
Aerileigh

I ADORE Mirror Magic. I don't know if I've reviewed it; I never go to FIA unless directed, but I will never forget how captured I was by that story. Loved, loved, loved it.

In fact, I think that it might have inspired one of my previous FE prompts -- one that wasn't written, obviously.

EDIT: I just checked, and it was my third prompt for the first exchange (last spring). It's rather different, but the bit about Draco having found happiness in poverty is there. I should go look at my other prompts, too. I might get inspired.

4/2/2010 . Edited 4/2/2010 #33
starlit skyes

Reviewed Mirror Magic. I was beautiful.

I love the way she writes, the prose is simple, no big words or complicated imagery, but beautiful and almost poetic. It flows wonderfully. And the plot was awesome, the whole idea dark and interesting.

Awesome.

4/4/2010 #34
Lunar Fire

Lia, I think we could use a new suggestion to work on.

4/15/2010 #35
chromeknickers

The Review Society's Featured Author of the Month of March (2010): STARLIT!

*throws a ticker-tape parade and yells at people to get out of the way as Starlit is driven down the main street in front of her adoring fans*

Starlit is the Review Society's FIRST Featured Author of the Month! Technically, Starlit was reviewed in April, but we're going to pretend it's March. ^_~ So in March (April), we showcase our lovely Gryff-Puff, Starlit. I encourage you to read and review all of her wonderful stories. If you have already reviewed the story below, please review one of Starlit's that you haven't already. ^_^

Starlit, you are awarded The Review Society's Featured Author of the Month. You can put this little award in your summary (if there's enough room), the story itself, or your profile. You will also receive a banner for your featured story. ^_^

-

Title: And She Drank The Poison

Author: starlit skyes

Pairing: Ginny/Lucius

Rating: T

Genre(s): Drama/Romance

Summary: Just as she had left the Manor, Lucius had whispered into her ear. "Come to me," he had said silkily. "You know you want to." She had met his steely eyes as she stepped out of the house, and wordlessly, she had nodded. She did not know why, but she had.

-

Incidentally, what I loved about this story is that I saw it as one of the most reasonable, the most plausible explanation for a Ginny/Lucius romance. The underlining psychology behind it is brilliant.

4/16/2010 . Edited 12/2/2010 #36
chromeknickers

The Review Society's Featured Author of the Month of April (2010): GIN!

*orders the Cabana Boys to lift Gin onto their shoulders and parade her through the common room like--rose petals fly through the air and her bamboo throne awaits her*

Our feisty little Hufflepuff, Gin, shall bask in the light of glowing reviews, for she truly deserves it--especially since English is not her first language. I encourage you to read and review all of her stories (English or Spanish), and if you have already reviewed the story below, please review another that you haven't already--or just send her PM/owl to tell her how awesome she is! ^.^

Gin, you are awarded The Review Society's Featured Author of the Month. You can put this little award in your summary (if there's enough room), the story itself, or your profile. You will also receive a banner for your featured story. ^_^

-

Title: It Is Enough

Author: Hybrid Gin

Pairing: Draco/Ginny

Genre(s): Romance

Summary: The gears in my brain whirling as I think about this particular day and all the days before, since I confronted Ginevra, and told her things about myself that I have never told anyone.

-

I loved this one-shot. I think Gin did such an excellent job with conveying emotion and thought in Draco, and it has such a satisfying ending. Incidentally, for those who do not know, English is not Gin's first language and after reading this, you would never know. ^^ So, I command you all to go read and review this lovely one-shot, now! Leigh and Starlit are exempt because I already read their lovely reviews for it.

-

Disclaimer: I shan't be highlighting every forum member's work every week. It just so happens that I revisited Gin's It Is Enough and feel that it needs more reviews than it has. Having stated that, I will, eventually, have every member featured on here. When I do select you for review, I will send you a PM and ask which stories (picking two or three) that you most like reviewed; however, I have the final say in which story will be chosen for review. Evil, no? ^_~

4/21/2010 . Edited 12/2/2010 #37
MemoriesFade

It was very lovely, and I reviewed.

4/26/2010 #38
Aerileigh

I also reviewed that one (awhile ago) and I'll third the sentiment that it's a wonderful piece.

4/26/2010 #39
scubarang

I reviewed this, but it's crazy because I really thought I already had. *goes to check Review Tag thread*

4/28/2010 #40
rowan-greenleaf

Like scubarang, I was pretty sure I had reviewed Gin's It Is Enough a while ago, and am surprised not to find my review up there. *shrugs* That has been remedied, I reviewed again.

starlit's And She Drank the Poison was written on occasion of my birthday, I believe, and I reviewed it a while back.

I highly recommend both pieces, they are beautifully written.

5/3/2010 #41
Aerileigh

Perhaps she had this one up on her original account before she split her accounts by language?

5/3/2010 #42
chromeknickers

Title: Wishes for the Soul ()

Author: Lirie Halliwell

Genre(s): Romance/Humour

Summary: The idea of "renting" her soul out to anyone - let alone a former Slytherin nemesis - did not sit well with Ginny Weasley. But circumstances always tend to go askew and when she finds herself in a dire position, Ginny has no choice but to relent, accepting the deal and the seven wishes offered as payment.

-

The story might start out awkward or abrupt for some, but the premise behind it is brilliant. The beginning may have you doubting Draco and Ginny's personalities, but do not be discouraged. Keep reading, because it gets better and better, and you will definitely see those two characters shine through as how you normal envision them--albeit, Draco is a little mad, and Ginny is a tad bipolar (but I love it). It is a simply entertaining read and very well-written.

Here's a snippet that made me giggle: (Draco) "I was also dangerously tempted to show them my own Dark Mark and start cackling maniacally while closing in on them and murmuring stuff about candy houses and baked children, when they at last got the clue and buggered the hell away from my property."

-

*Unfortunately, this fic is not posted on FFN.

5/3/2010 . Edited 11/6/2010 #43
DoubleCaramel

Title: Wishes for the Soul

Read & Reviewed.

It's a quick read that manages to be a fun, cute and twisted story all together. The plot is different and unique, and Draco's and Ginny's characters are very interesting, not my cup-of-tea, but variety is fun once in awhile and the author manages to make you smile at the slightly maniacal Draco and innocent (at times naive) Ginny interactions.

It also has great one-liners, particularly said by Draco. I will not say more to avoid spoiling anyone who intends on reading it.

5/5/2010 . Edited 5/5/2010 #44
chromeknickers

Title: Familiar Things (

Author: JSaintG7

Genre(s): Romance/Drama

Summary: Because she wasn't overly anything to anyone she came to mean something to me.

-

You may or may not cringe at the SPaG (it's not horrible); you may want her to fill in a few blanks; you may frown at how Draco is acting in it, but it is a 2004 story. Simply put it's adorable. The ending will put a smile on your face--I guarantee.

5/8/2010 #45
scubarang

Wishes for the Soul - I read and reviewed this in 2008. I do remember that this was a really cute story with an interesting twist.

Familiar Things - Read and reviewed. This was a cute story and one of the most plausible Veritaserum love stories I have ever read.

5/11/2010 #46
tinyriot

I've read "Familiar Things" before but just reviewed it. Cute.

5/11/2010 #47
MemoriesFade

I read and reviewed Familiar Things.

I've read Wishes for Your Soul but I don't think I reviewed it. I can't seem to remember if I liked it. I think I did.

5/25/2010 #48
chromeknickers

Title: A Sliver of Deep Blue (

Author: fallingskyes

Rating: K

Summary: Ginny Weasley's life has been engulfed by a vibrant swirl of color ever since the day she was born- everything from her family to her House to her own personality is as vivid and fiery as the hair that tumbles across her shoulders. Maybe that's why she can't help but be drawn to the boy whose personality and life has been as cold and colorless as his piercing grey eyes. DG winter fluff.

-

It's cute DG winter fluff.

5/31/2010 #49
scubarang

I read and reviewed A Sliver of Deep Blue.

It was fluffy and sweet but not gag inspiring.

6/1/2010 #50
chromeknickers

Title: Conflict Resolution (

Author: Adelagia

Rating: M (for swearing)

Summary: Draco and Ginny hate each other with a passion. The end. Well, no, not really.

-

I'm sure some of you have read and reviewed this one before (I know that Kim and Vicky have), but if you have not I COMMAND that you go read and review it! The banter is spectacular. And for once it's just not Draco who has all the best lines (well, he has most of the best lines), but Ginny really stands on her own with him. It's a wonderful read.

-

*This story is not on FFN, just on FIA. And even though Adelagia's an administrator of the site, which of equates automatic copious amounts of reviews, this one really doesn't have enough for its calibre.

6/3/2010 #51
starlit skyes

I've already read/reviewed the fic by falling skyes. She's an amazing writer, and I think pretty much all her fics are awesome. Her writing has that lovely balance of humor and poetry and emotion that makes for a wonderful read. ^_^

Mistake: I'd read it a long time ago, but had not reviewed. I have now. :)

6/3/2010 . Edited 6/3/2010 #52
scubarang

Auuugh. My terrible review habits have come back to haunt me. I've read this story twice and I love it, but I never reviewed. Now I suppose I have to. *sigh*

6/3/2010 . Edited 6/3/2010 #53
chromeknickers

Title: There is Another Sky (

Author: Terra

Rating: T (there is swearing)

Genre(s): Angst/Romance

Summary: Four years, five months and twenty-three days. Ginny feels the weight of every minute with no regrets because each second has dragged her that much closer to Draco Malfoy.

-

Remember that excitement and adoration I felt for fury-shashka's The Radiant, which then prompted the formation of the RS? I feel it again, my liluns! There's no smut in this one, so Kim can read it! ^_~ All I can say is that the prose, dialogue, and banter is brilliant. I especially love her little commentaries on characters. The two opening scenes are what really drew me into the story. I shan't say no more and spoil it for you, but know that the first chapter is made entirely out of WIN, IMHO.

-

So go read and review it. NOW!

6/10/2010 . Edited 6/17/2010 #54
chromeknickers

Title: Dirty Blond Little Secret (

Author: shmeilia

Rating: T (Not Naughty)

Genre(s): Humour

Summary: Draco's deepest, darkest secret is accidentally revealed to the world. A hissy fit ensues.

Random Quote: 'I'm a ruined man, Ginny,' Draco said miserably, his voice muffled by the pillows he was speaking into. 'You might as well leave me now, so you don't have to be seen with me anymore.'

-

I actually found my review for this story and went back to re-read it. I must admit that I started cracking up all over again. So, this is definitely one of those stories that you can keep coming back to. I know that Kim and Leigh have already read and reviewed it, but I encourage any one else who feels like having a good laugh to read this highly amusing one-shot. It's not exactly most of our takes on Draco, but...well, we do like to indulge in his comical vanity sometimes. ^_~

7/27/2010 . Edited 7/28/2010 #55
Lunar Fire

I just added my review to Dirty Blond Little Secret. I quite enjoyed it.

Also, that was the first review I ever submitted to FIA. Just thought I should put that out there.

7/28/2010 #56
Aerileigh

I remember that story. Very fun. ^_^

7/28/2010 #57
Maddie Claire

ummm I think you have the wrong URL...

7/28/2010 #58
chromeknickers

Right. Thanks. I shall fix. I guess I forgot to paste in the new addy. ^_^

7/28/2010 #59
amethyst-rose

LOVE this idea! I have been searching for some good D/G to read lately! Will definitely be checking them out (& reviewing) =)

7/29/2010 #60
« Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »
Forum Moderators: rowan-greenleaf Boogum, The DG Forum, Aerileigh
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member