The Animorphs FanFic Lounge FFN Branch
Right so we have another BRANCH to the Animorphs FanFic Lounge now... :P Anyone can join, and let's talk about anything and everything! Featured are chats about Animorphs, our fics, and RPGs.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
alexoiknine

How is everyone feeling about the Animorphs reprint, which will be starting May 2011 (as noted at

I've been trying to write a lot of Animorphs fan fiction as a result to boost the amount of fan fictions around before their reprint. (Though, for the small blips I keep accidentally writing first person and then realizing I want it to be third person later, which means I have to fix them all a little.)

It makes me feel a bit nostalgic for the once-a-month books. Michael Grant's writing some series right now, but it's sad to think they'll all end so soon in comparison, even if I like the quality better and think such a setting could have been great for Animorphs in the past. Sometimes I think Animorphs was just a bit too far ahead for its time and would have done well as a concept in the post Harry-Potter world when shorter children series with once-a-year publication started becoming such a large part of the industry.

12/29/2010 #1
Vickie1

I am somewhat in the middle of feeling about the reprint. I guess because I am currently writing an Animorphs fanfic with some minor changes that could possibly be related to the reprint (something about with today's technology) and if feel when it comes out, I may lose my motivation to continue writing maybe because of its differences from the original. But I am also curious as to how different it is from the original series. Yes, very contradicting

Of course it's the same with the hearing of a sequel to the reprint, which may make me lose my motivation too. But it's not my place to say that. If it will be slightly different with the reprint then I am prepared to embrace at whatever throws at me, soft or hard and hope I live through the blood loss. I might even want to improve my writing for my Animorphs fic.

Well we'll just have to see when the reprint comes out. :) And ending that, I am not interested to see those of yours, read them and review them. :3 -goes off to read-

4/17/2011 #2
alexoiknine

I'd be pretty happy about it either way. Fortunately, so far the changes have been pretty mild! I'm just glad I can get new copies now.

5/12/2011 #3
Forum Moderators: Sinister Shadow
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member