ALL PAIRINGS GO HERE!
OK PEOPLE! i want to know what ship you support and why.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
mack7465
Ok so I believe that the Ginny and Hermione pairing, even though it is slash, is the best pairing. I know it is not realistic in the real harry potter world, but the fan fiction is SO SWEET! The girl on girl pairings always seem to be written 10x sweeter and more beautiful. Anyone agree?!? I'm sorry if you dont, but you should read some. Check out my C2: http://www.fanfiction.net/c2/27955/3/0/1/ It's a Hermione/Ginny C2 Sorry I dont know how to get the link thing to work.
11/19/2006 #1
NouvelleVoix
Ehh, Hermione/Ginny is usually either angst or sex scenes.
12/9/2006 #2
threadbare
That could really describe femslash. It's either mind-blowingly fantastic, angsty, or squicky lemons.
12/25/2006 #3
Albino Magpie
I like this pairing too, but you don't have to crazy capslock about it.
1/4/2007 #4
creepygirl13
I like this pairing. Not realistic at all, but I like it anyway.
9/16/2007 #5
mexicola
I [i]love[/i] Ginny/Hermione. It's perfect, really.
9/16/2007 #6
NouvelleVoix
Can anyone recommend some serious versions of this, with an actual plot? I'm finding tons of smut, but not a lot of actual stories.
9/16/2007 #7
thousand lies
oh but there are a lot of actual stories!!! Like Fool's prank into love (that story is AWESOME!!) or To save Ron, and a lot of other cool stories!!!
12/4/2007 #8
ToManyLetters
Okay, Fool's Prank is a piece of crap. But To Save Ron is good. Hermione/Ginny are usually pretty good... unless you get a writer like the one for Fool's Prank...
12/7/2007 #9
thousand lies
No fool's prank into love isn't a piece of crap, this story is awesome. but you know what? That's your opinion, so I'm not going to say some stupid mean things.
12/8/2007 #10
ToManyLetters
I'm not saying it's a piece of crap for no reason. It sounds, to me at least, like it was written by an eight year old. Here's an excerpt for those who don't believe me. [q]Hermione and Ginny were your typical everyday girls. Well, except for the fact that they're witches and that they're completely in love, with each other! Neither knows the other is in love with her because they're so engrossed with each other that they're completely oblivious. So they spend all of the time that they can together to take away their loneliness and just to dream of what they believe of what they think is unreachable.Here sets the stage for my story which is in the trio's final year and Ginny's 6th year. "Morning Gin how was your night?" Hermione said in a chipper tone of voice. "It was all right. Do you want to take a walk after breakfast?" Yawned Ginny "Sure sleepy head let's head down to the great hall" They walked together, arms linked and with carefree smiles on their faces. They sat down together and shocks went through both of them at that slightest touch of their legs brushing each other. They jumped a little bit, blushed, and went back to serving themselves breakfast. Afterwards, they linked arms again and walked out onto the grounds to stroll around the lake. "So, what is it you want to talk to me about Gin?"[/q] And if you still don't believe for some reason, here's the link: [s:1900842:1:Fool's Prank Into Love] by [b]PhoenixJay27[/b]
12/8/2007 #11
thousand lies
Ok I gor it, you don't like it, but what I didn't get is why you don't like it, this part is totally fine, what's wrong with it?? Or I should ask what do you think is wrong with it; I don't see any reason in what you're sayin.
12/8/2007 #12
ToManyLetters
The concept of the story is fine. It's a little overused for slash pairings, but it's fine. The issue I have with it isn't the plot... not really, at least. As I've stated earlier, it seems to me like it was written by an eight year old. I'll re-quote it, highlighting the seconds I feel are terrible and explain. [q]Hermione and Ginny were your typical everyday girls. [h]Well, except for the fact that they're witches and that they're completely in love, with each other![/h] [h]Neither knows the other is in love with her because they're so engrossed with each other that they're completely oblivious.[/h] [h]So they spend all of the time that they can together to take away their loneliness and just to dream of what they believe of what they think is unreachable.Here sets the stage for my story which is in the trio's final year and Ginny's 6th year.[/h] " [h]Morning Gin how[/h] was your night?" Hermione said in a chipper tone of voice. "It was all right. Do you want to take a walk after breakfast?" Yawned Ginny [h]"Sure sleepy head let's head down to the great hall"[/h] [h]They walked together, arms linked and with carefree smiles on their faces. They sat down together and shocks went through both of them at that slightest touch of their legs brushing each other. They jumped a little bit, blushed, and went back to serving themselves breakfast. Afterwards, they linked arms again and walked out onto the grounds to stroll around the lake.[/h] "So, what is it you want to talk to me [h]about Gin?[/h] "[/q] I'm just going to start from the top and work my way down. [q]Well, except for the fact that they're witches and that they're completely in love, with each other![/q] This is the worst line I think I have ever read on fanfiction.net. Period. It's one thing to say two females have a thing for one another, but doing so in this fashion comes off extremely childish. [q]Neither knows the other is in love with her because they're so engrossed with each other that they're completely oblivious.[/q] Now, we're starting to sound redundant. If there were a decent way to merge these two quotes, that'd be the way to go. This sentence is also clumsy - it seems to stumble over itself. [q]So they spend all of the time that they can together to take away their loneliness and just to dream of what they believe of what they think is unreachable.Here sets the stage for my story which is in the trio's final year and Ginny's 6th year. [/q] Again, a very clumsy sentence. The first sentence in this quote almost seems to go in a loop. Honestly, to properly fix this, it would need a full paragraph to its own. You can't just say people like to spend special time together and then ramble on about how your story is now ready to go. [q]"Morning Gin how..."[/q] Not exactly the first, nor the most crucial but: "Morning, Gin. How..." [q]"Sure sleepy head let's head down to the great hall"[/q] This line made me laugh - and not because it was funny. Sleepyhead is something a mother would call their toddler... Even so, "Sure, sleepyhead." Hermione teased, "Let's get down to the Great Hall, breakfast calls!" would sound Nargles better. [q]They walked together, arms linked and with carefree smiles on their faces. They sat down together and shocks went through both of them at that slightest touch of their legs brushing each other. They jumped a little bit, blushed, and went back to serving themselves breakfast. Afterwards, they linked arms again and walked out onto the grounds to stroll around the lake. [/q] Merlin, what to do with this paragraph... I'd better break it up for critique. [q]They walked together, arms linked and with carefree smiles on their faces.[/q] Again, this sentence seems really clumsy. It's almost like the author doesn't naturally speak English. "They walked together, arms linked, down to the Great Hall where the finest foods in Britain awaited consumption, carefree smiles on both their faces." (I don't pretend that was a brilliant re-write, but it is, at least, marginally more tolerable.) [q]They sat down together and shocks went through both of them at that slightest touch of their legs brushing each other. They jumped a little bit, blushed, and went back to serving themselves breakfast.[/q] Firstly, these sentences need to be merged. The first says effectively the same thing as the second, but without the reaction. On top of that... the second sentence is written so that it can only come off as childish. A sentence/description/paragraph like that needs more care and explanation. [q]Afterwards, they linked arms again and walked out onto the grounds to stroll around the lake.[/q] Adding this sentence almost makes the paragraph sound like a run-on sentence. Not only does "they linked arms again and..." sound redundant from a nearby paragraph, it has little to do with the rest of this one. This sentence ought to be elaborated to form its own paragraph. [b]All-in-all:[/b] There are many, many other issues I've not even touched with this excerpt - nor with the rest of the fic. The general issues are: grammar, syntax, style, and lack of elaboration.
12/8/2007 . Edited 12/8/2007 #13
thousand lies
Ok I have to admit that you're right in some parts. But you also said that,to you, it seems like the author doesn't naturally speaks english. I don't naturally speak english too, my main language is german, so does that mean that ppl who don't speak english as a main language aren't supposed to write fanfics in english?? Because it's just natural that ppl who don't speak english in the first place make more mistakes than ppl who do.
12/8/2007 #14
ToManyLetters
Not necessarily, but unless they're very fluent in the language (and I do know many brilliant multi-language writers) they really ought to consider a beta. For example, DailyProphetEditor, ID 1213120, writes in German and has his betas either translate or aid in translation to British English. This way, the quality of his stories (and they definitely do have that, [s:3765885:1:Folie à Deux] is a perfect example of this) is not lost and we can enjoy it as it was meant to be enjoyed.
12/8/2007 . Edited 12/8/2007 #15
thousand lies
Yeah you're right, but I also think that ppl should write what they want, and that in the language they want, cuz how are they supposed to get any better if they don't practice,and if there are some grammar or spelling mistakes f*** it, cuz yeah I notice them too, even if I don't speak english that much (ok that's a lie) but you know what I mean right?! And I think that of course it sometimes is a little bit annoying, but it's not THAT spurious you know, get over it. And I also think that if you notice all of these mistakes, you want to notice them cuz otherwise you probably wouldn't really notice them.
12/8/2007 #16
ToManyLetters
Um, I read this a *long* time ago and noticed them then, too. I'm not noticing them because I'm looking for them. They leapt out and me and made my eyes bleed. They seriously distract from the possibility of what could be a good work. Limited errors are, of course, tolerable, but when the errors outnumber the error-free material, it hurts the story. Syntax and word flow are critical. Just because someone's original, native language is not English does not make their work any less important to beta. You're also far more likely to learn a language properly when you realise what errors you are making and learn to fix them. Having your work betaed is a way of showing your readers you respect them and intend for them to enjoy your work - and if the language you choose to write in is not your native language, acquiring a beta is doubly wise. Trust me, I know - I am trying to get a French beta for my series translation. It's just kinder this way. In this work, however, a majority of the issues weren't grammatical or even spelling, but syntax and word flow, things that betas are absolutely awesome for helping in. Anyway, this forum topic isn't really for arguing about the quality of one particular story or the issues involving unbetaed work; so I'll say [i][b]why I support the Hermione/Ginny pairing.[/b] [/i] 1. Hermione and Ginny are the most respectable Gryffindor characters. Not just as females, but in general. The two have the fewest quirks. 2. Hermione is innocent. The thought of her being in a femmeslash is appealing. 3. Ginny is the typical everyone-wants-her girl - the thought of her being in a non-het relationship, making her unavailable to all the males pining after her, is absolutely brilliant. 4. Toss Pansy or Luna into the mix and you have the best triple possible. (Or both and get the best quadruple)
12/8/2007 . Edited 12/8/2007 #17
NouvelleVoix
Hermione/Ginny/Luna pairing... *drool*
12/8/2007 #18
ToManyLetters
Oh, yeah. They make an excellent group. It's disturbingly brilliant when you find a good Hr/GW/LL pairing, too. It's been a while since I've read one though. I should hunt one down.
12/8/2007 #19
NouvelleVoix
Hehe, if you find any good ones, let me know. ;-)
12/8/2007 #20
thousand lies
yeah ok you're right, this isn't the right place to argue. But don't you think you're a little over reacting?! whatever. I supposrt them, cuz I just thiink they're perfect for each other,and way cuter that each paired up with any male.
12/9/2007 #21
Itzika
[q]It's disturbingly brilliant when you find a good Hr/GW/LL pairing, too.[/q] Got any recs? ;) I prefer straight up Ginny/Luna, but I'm far from opposed to Hermione/Ginny. (They're hot. Hell hath no fire like these girls.) It's also got possibly the most stories of any HP femmeslash pairing. (This means, aside from having the most reading material, there's the most opportunities to find a good fic.) Anyway, yeah, I like it. SO much better than Hermione/Ron (I don't exactly have a stunningly high opinion of Ron in general, and being paired with him tends to turn Hermione into a dislikable person) (and I can't say for sure about Harry/Ginny 'cause I haven't actually read any besides canon).
2/8/2008 #22
Dementia-ah
I'll try to give you my opinion (i'm french) the HG/GW pairing is not very known and exploited by the french, that's soooo stupid, HG/GW is the nicest couple who exists ! (I think :p) They are so sweet, nice, beautiful... But there is too much lemon, it spoils(?) and caricatures... Hermione and Ginny discover they love each other, "i love you" "oh... me too" and 10 seconds after that, they are on the floor and they make love... Let me laugh Well, I prefer the fics more 'realists' I read a french story (one of the only ones), there are 25 chapitre at the moment, and they have not made love yet It's nice, they discover each other, and they are in stress when they think of "next stage" it's realist and I love, that's all So... xD I hope that you've understood ^^' Correct me if I'm wrong =)
3/9/2008 #23
NouvelleVoix
Euh, pouvez-vouz donner le lien? Your paragraph was very easy to understand. I like lemons, but I would like to have realistic stories as well.
3/9/2008 #24
Fiendfyre

Well, I'm writing a story based on this pairing because I do think it can realistically work. My first few chapters, in all honesty, bite. I think I made the first one too smutty. I need to re-write them and I want to make a prequel to it. I try to use the book's events in my story as well as include my own. Don't get me wrong, I really love cannon Hermione/Ron but if I were to make the characters gay, at least the girls, I think they would be so cute together.

I think I'm going to run this well into the whole "nineteen years later" but with Hermione "marrying" Ginny instead of Ron. Does anyone have any recommendations to people who written good plots for this pair?

4/3/2008 #25
FabulouslyMichelle

Hermione/Ginny just now hit me as an awsome pairing. I definately support this great, though admittedly unlikely, ship. :)

5/10/2008 #26
Fiendfyre

Hehe, I think they are awesomely cute as I stated above. Yeah, it's unlikely if you look at it through cannon eyes, but I think anything can go if you get creative enough. ^^;

5/10/2008 #27
Ryncor

If you want sweet check out crazy little things by dreiser. It's Hermione/Luna. That's the sweetest femslash pairing in my opinion, there use to be alot of good ones on this site, but they all vanished over time. crazy little things is the best one I've found. Hermione/fleur is the hottest femslash pairing in my opinion. Ginny and Hermione wouldn't be able to work...they're both too butch in attitude.

7/25/2008 . Edited 7/25/2008 #28
Ryncor

Sorry Hermione/luna, not harry/luna. **edited it

7/25/2008 . Edited 7/25/2008 #29
Itzika

Too butch? Hmm. I don't see that. Ginny may be a tomboy in that she's a DA member and a Quidditch player, but where did Hermione become "butch"? Please explain. What I see is a girl who outsmarts every guy (and all the other girls), who does well in class (both theoretical and practical), and who stands up for her friends (i.e. punching Draco in the face). But still, Hermione got all glammed up for the Yule Ball and loved every minute of it, shifting her back towards the "girly" end of the spectrum. I think as far as pairings go, Hermione is the typical book-smart girl who needs someone who knows about the real world; and I think Ginny fits the bill. Someone who can show Hermione that the world isn't divided into black and white (Ginny was possessed in CS and so knows pretty well that good people can do messed-up things) and draw her away from her books (as a Quidditch player, Ginny could get Hermione outside and teach her something she hasn't been able to learn from a book) would be good for her. Hermione needs to be with someone she wouldn't be mothering/teaching every second of the day (from the way I read it, Ginny was competent in school and the DA, whereas Ron has always struggled with schoolwork and goes to Hermione so he can copy hers), and above all, someone who wouldn't call her a know-it-all and send her crying to the girls' bathroom. So I see a lot of reasons why it could work. But your characterization of them as "butch" is intriguing. Please, explain.

(On a side note... I haven't read Hermione/Luna. I'll have to check that one out. ;) )

7/25/2008 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: illusion100 emerald-eyed-stag, snarryluvr, yaoi-fied
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member