Talk P&P
Talk anything pride and prejudice. Scenes, Mr.Darcy, characters, Mr. Darcy, romantic scenes, Oh and did I mention Mr. DARCY? :-
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Poll
Should I continue Life At Pemberly? please Pm me with ideas after you vote
1 yes
2 no
View Poll Result. Please vote for one of the choices.
Ladychristythenoble

Which is your favorite scene?

My favorite scene is when Lizzy finds her sister eloped and Darcy walks in and tries to comfort her

2/27/2009 #1
Hello-again931

My absolute favourite scene is when Darcy tells Elizabeth he loves her in Charlotte's house, because of the heated discusion they have. Darcy should not have told her he loves her against his will, reason, and his character (or whatever he says). Bad move Darcy.

My favorite line is: "From the very beginning - from the first moment, I may almost say - of my acquaintance with you, your manners, impressing me with the fullest belief of you arrogane, your conceit, and your selfish disdain for the feelings of others, were such as to form the groundwork of disapprobation on which suceeding events have built so immovable a dislike; and I had not known you a month before I felt that you were the last man in the world whom I could ever be prevailed on to marry."

Ahh, I wish I could say something like that...

My other favorite scene is when Elizabeth rejects Collins because he is so sure she loves him. I think he needed some rejection, in my opinion.

8/26/2009 #2
YesIEatQuiche

Hmmm I just watched the 5-hour Colin Firth P&P today...I should be able to come up with something good.

For a scene, I like a lot obviously, but I especially like the part where Miss Bingley references Mr. Wickham, and Lizzy comforts Georgiana. I also like where Lizzy is confronted by Lady Catherine de Bourgh and she skirts around the actual questions. And of course, anything at all having to do with Mr. Collins.

As for my favorite line, some of them are "What are men compared to rocks and mountains?" and "We shall have to be philosophers Mary".

8/26/2009 #3
ioio

My absolute favourite scene in p&p with Colin Firth is the scene when Darcy tells Lizzy he loves her ♥ Colin makes the scene SOOOO good and Darcy is just so... I dunno, clumsy and cute... And he loves her so much ♥♥

9/8/2009 #4
Hello-again931

Whoops. I was talking about the book, but I think it's pretty much the same. I haven't seen the Colin Firth one, just the Keira Knightley...

9/13/2009 #5
YesIEatQuiche

Holy cow you will have to set aside five hours to watch the BBC Colin Firth one because it is EXCELLENT! XD

9/13/2009 #6
Swirly95

Oh i know! Its my favorite movie EVER! I've read the book sooo many times, and watched the Colin Firth P&P countless times too.

I have so many favorite scenes its hard to say... I love when Darcy proposes the first time, the part when he walks out of the woods at Pemberly dripping wet and how awkward he is ^_^ i LOVE everything after that till she leaves Derbyshire, and when he reproposes!

1/25/2010 #7
hippogriff-tamer

Hi,

I love P&P (actually just watched the BBC version with Colin Firth again the other day) and enjoyed watching the scene where Elizabeth is at Pemberley and she is assisting Georgiana at the piano as the latter plays and Elizabeth is glancing at Darcy and he's looking back at her...

I think its one of the first moments where he realizes that she might not dislike him as much as he feared and that there may be hope....

5/19/2010 #8
elizabethbennet3553

I love the part where Mr. darcy first proposed. I also like the second time, but after everything he says, she just says: "Well then. Your hands are cold." She is the cleverest one in the book/movie, and always has something to say, but no, she says his hands are cold. What's up with that?!?!

7/21/2010 #9
ImagingThings

I kinda like the scene were Miss Bingley is all "Don't you think [Elizabeth] has become terribly brown?" And Darcy is just "No, just a bit tanned. Natural result of being outdoor."

3/18/2011 #10
NYT

I've seen all of the P&P movies available on youtube and have the 2005 version (I recently bought the BBC version too). The 2005 version has my favorite scene where Darcy says to Elizabeth, "I love, I love, I love you...." Matthew M. says it better than it reads, but that scene always gets me. Unfortunately, Elizabeth's response ruins the moment!

3/23/2011 . Edited 12/21/2011 #11
Elizabeth Collins

I also enjoyed the scene when he watches Elizabeth play the piano... ahh, that was wonderful.

Oh yes, and over breakfast when Caroline says something scornful about her muddy clothes, and asks if Mr Darcy's opinion on her eyes was affected by this -

he replies "No, they were brightened by the exercise."

12/18/2011 #12
Forum Moderators: Ladychristythenoble
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member