Talk P&P
Talk anything pride and prejudice. Scenes, Mr.Darcy, characters, Mr. Darcy, romantic scenes, Oh and did I mention Mr. DARCY? :-
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
JoanHall

Hi!

I have some ideas for how my story might go but I need to know. Would a lady in Regency England ever, on the recommendation of friends, start a correspondence with another lady whom she has not met in person? I've tried googling for information, but I came up dry.

11/25/2015 #1
MadAboutAusten

I have read stories where men (two strangers) exchange correspondence regarding business, but in those days, women didn't have any "business", per se, to correspond. Women also exchanged correspondence with men, if they are related, even as employee-employer kind.

This is not to say I haven't seen/read where strict propriety was overlooked. Like in "fate and consequences" by Linda Wells (one of my all-time fav's) or another where Elizabeth sends a letter to Georgiana on a whim and they start a friendship (can't remember the name), but that is to lead to D&L's romance (aren't they all?? ;P)

I digress. The point is, this is fanfic and IMHO, what you propose is the least of a propriety breach.

I'd definitely encourage and love to read such a story, as long as it leads to D&E's HEA :) (there! I gave you my pref.)

Hope this helps,

Cheers!!

M:)

11/25/2015 #2
JoanHall

Thanks! And don't worry, I wouldn't dream of derailing the course of true love!

11/25/2015 #3
Forum Moderators: Ladychristythenoble
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member