Talk P&P
Talk anything pride and prejudice. Scenes, Mr.Darcy, characters, Mr. Darcy, romantic scenes, Oh and did I mention Mr. DARCY? :-
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Teal-tulips
Hello all! I am attempting to write a fanfic and I have a quick question about the architecture of a regency era house, in particular, pemberley. Where would the servants sleep? If there was a scream in a room on a ground floor, is there a chance anyone (including Darcy/Elizabeth) would hear it? I know it's a little strange, but I appreciate all the answers!!!
11/9/2017 #1
Libby Bennet

Hey

I'm sooooo happy you're writing an story! In Regency era houses, servants slept in a place like basement, lower that the first floor. And hearing the scream depends on the size of the house you have in mind, for example, i always use Chatsworth House for Pemberley, which an scream will definitely be heard there.

- M

11/9/2017 #2
MadAboutAusten

May I suggest also looking in "Regency Encyclopedia"

http : / /www . reg-ency . com / (remove spaces, of course)

Username: JAFReader ~ Password: Resource

That and many more useful links can be found on the JAFF Index.

After logging in (see my note here), go to Related Links on the left. It will take you to other Fanfiction Sites, including "The Regency Encyclopedia"

M:)

11/9/2017 #3
Forum Moderators: Ladychristythenoble
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member