Of Cabbages and Kings
Looking for intelligent life at Fanfiction Net? We feature something for everyone: casual chat, serious discussion, debate, fun and games, and that delicious wank. Are you ready to play with the big dogs? Come inside, come inside!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Thranduil Oropherion Redux

Hello, everyone. For now, this forum is just a quiet place for me and my friends to chat and have a little fun. We'll be discussing anything and everything, with an emphasis on Tolkien and writing in general.

For the record, the front page would be nice, but I have no burning ambitions in that direction. I've been there, done that, and it's time to relax and kick back. So bear with me while I get this forum built.

2/5/2009 . Edited 2/6/2009 #1

First announcement: The profanity filter is off. FFN needs its precious asterisks for decent scene breaks. Obviously, we're experiencing a severe shortage.

So, if you're unusually sensitive to bawdy talk and plain language, you might want to steer clear. I'm the sort of person who will say 'shit' if I find myself standing in a pile of it, which I frequently do.

2/5/2009 . Edited 2/5/2009 #2

Second announcement: Anyone can start a thread now. I reserve the right to edit or delete in the case of utter spam. Other than that, go ahead, although I'd appreciate your looking through all the threads to avoid duplication.

2/7/2009 #3

Third annoucement: Speaking of spam, if you want to dick around like that, here's the place for it:

http://www.fanfiction.net/topic/56768/12570985/1/

Intelligent spam is particularly appreciated, but I'll take anything I can get.

2/7/2009 #4
Artemis Mitera

Happy Valentine's Day, you guys.

*hearts;

~

2/14/2009 #5

Kari! Hiya, hiya! :)

2/14/2009 #6
Artemis Mitera

^.^ Mornin'.

2/14/2009 #7

*checks lower right corner of screen* Yup, it's still morning. I just got up early today.

Official announcement -- I'm 'Bah, humbug!' about Valentines Days, especially since Buns managed to skid the car sideways into a tree two years ago to the day while backing out of the garage. Our mutual gift on that occasion was not killing each other. LOL

2/14/2009 #8
Aislynn Crowdaughter

Aislynn on a hit-and-run before going off to a birthday party of a friend: Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! ♥

2/14/2009 #9

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! ♥

No matter what happens, it has to beat the hell out of two years ago. LOL

Have a wonderful time, Aislynn. :)

2/14/2009 #10
Yashagoro Shiore

Hey, Randy. Would you mind visiting IM? I have a proposal.

2/18/2009 #11

Sure, but I'm kinda busy tonight.

2/18/2009 #12
Silver-hair Angel

Fantasy RPG was attacked tonight. Someone hacked an account, and tried to remove all the topics.

One of the regulars posted this.

Post #3814.

2/19/2009 #13
Silver-hair Angel

...And with a bit of digging, I found the 'culprit.'

#94.

2/19/2009 #14

I smell something rotten.

2/19/2009 #15
Silver-hair Angel

I smell something rotten.

You, too?

I don't like RPs, but damn, man. They dropped from #3 to #25. That's harsh.

2/19/2009 #16

You, too?

Our old friend Shadow?

I don't like RPs, but damn, man. They dropped from #3 to #25. That's harsh.

LSD went from #8 to dead last. That's harsher. But still . . .

2/19/2009 #17
Silver-hair Angel

Our old friend Shadow?

Most likely. Who knows what forum will be the next target.

LSD went from #8 to dead last. That's harsher. But still . . .

I know. I'm sure it was hard for them, as they were in the top three, but shit, they're only at #25. They'll live. And the harsh part was how the 'culprit' brought it to their attention, and warned them if they tried rebuilding, they'll regret it. That's the harsh part.

I'm a bit nervous that this is only the beginning of what's to come. Either the scumbags are only targetting RPs, which is the lesser of two evils, or they are going after every forum that's not strictly talking about fanfiction, which would mean damn near every forum on the front page and more.

2/19/2009 . Edited 2/19/2009 #18
Silver-hair Angel

I've warned Maia about this. Another RPG forum was attacked tonight. Randy, if you see her before me, be sure to let her know?

2/19/2009 #19

Just about every forum has a chat thread. End of story. But given the fierce competition for rank that we seem to have, it wouldn't hurt for RPGs to have their own category.

Also, as I'm working my way up the ranks with this forum, I'm finding forums that are in the wrong category. They are specific fandoms, here in General. I confess, it irks me, but who's to appoint themselves the Forum Police?

2/19/2009 #20

Randy, if you see her before me, be sure to let her know?

I will. The important lesson is to be careful with your moderators, and anyone -- admin or mod -- should be meticulously careful with account info.

2/19/2009 #21
Aislynn Crowdaughter

Our old friend Shadow?

I confess, it irks me, but who's to appoint themselves the Forum Police?

"Shadow". Interesting name.

Well, I hate to say this, but I recall somebody who recently talked about becoming hell to the RPG forums out there. (Although I fear you do will not like that idea).

Sorry, but I fear I think it too much of a coincidence.

2/20/2009 #22

*sigh* I know. :(

2/20/2009 #23
Silver-hair Angel

If you're thinking of who I think you're thinking of, Lynn, then I really hope it's not. That person shouold know the pain of having shit deleted.

2/21/2009 #24

If you're thinking of who I think you're thinking of, Lynn, then I really hope it's not.

Of course, when stuff like this happens, that's immediately where everyone's mind goes -- especially given the timing of recent events over at the Ordo/LSD. The hell of it is that we will never really know who, why or how.

That person shouold know the pain of having shit deleted.

I'm neither defending nor pointing a finger. But I know the pain of being suspected/accused of something I didn't do. It really sucks to be put into that position.

2/21/2009 . Edited 2/21/2009 #25

You know, this suggestion is going to be a real two-edged sword. But since the FFN admins gave forum owners the ability to see which of their mods performed a ban on a poster, couldn't we ask them for the ability to see which mod deleted a thread?

2/21/2009 #26
Silver-hair Angel

You know, this suggestion is going to be a real two-edged sword. But since the FFN admins gave forum owners the ability to see which of their mods performed a ban on a poster, couldn't we ask them for the ability to see which mod deleted a thread?

The Fantasy RPG people know which mod account was hacked, I believe. If that's what you mean.

2/21/2009 #27
Silver-hair Angel

Of course, when stuff like this happens, that's immediately where everyone's mind goes -- especially given the timing of recent events over at the Ordo/LSD. The hell of it is that we will never really know who, why or how.

I don't really want to know. Unless this person starts attacking every general forum. For now, I'm not really all that concerned about the RPGs.

I'm neither defending nor pointing a finger. But I know the pain of being suspected/accused of something I didn't do. It really sucks to be put into that position.

Neither am I. I'm just making a point that a person who has gone through that surely wouldn't want to put another person through that. At least, that is what one would think.

2/21/2009 #28

Neither am I. I'm just making a point that a person who has gone through that surely wouldn't want to put another person through that. At least, that is what one would think.

I agree completely.

2/21/2009 #29
Aislynn Crowdaughter

Actually, I *don't* think that it was Sy. I am thinking of somebody else. But I will not discuss this on an open forum.

And belatedly: Hi, Randy, and Hi, Silver! Glad to see you back at your familiar name. :)

2/21/2009 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Thranduil Oropherion Redux militaryhistory
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member