Of Cabbages and Kings
Looking for intelligent life at Fanfiction Net? We feature something for everyone: casual chat, serious discussion, debate, fun and games, and that delicious wank. Are you ready to play with the big dogs? Come inside, come inside!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 39 .. Last Next »
Thranduil Oropherion Redux

Here's an example -- the cover art for A Princess of Mars:

http://filmswords.com/images/frazetta/martian-longsword.jpg

5/20/2010 #841
Aislynn Crowdaughter

RIP, Frazetta. I loved your work!

5/21/2010 #842
Aislynn Crowdaughter

On a much happier venue: Google has a logo tody that allows everybody to play pacman. Pretty funny, as long as it lasts. ;D

Aparently, it is only working at the German site, though. :(

http://www.google.de/webhp?hl=de

http://www.google.de/webhp?hl=de#q=Pac-Man&hl=de&ct=pacman10-hp&oi=ddle&fp=ed0800e1aa8634d1

5/21/2010 #843

My forum alerts have been coming in late and mixed up all afternoon. :(

5/23/2010 #844

We've just been bumped down to #25 by the 'Bording school RP'.

See what I meant about the state of public education these days?

5/30/2010 #845
Aislynn Crowdaughter

Well, if real school still leaves them with the desire to play the school life in a Pole Playing Game...

Of course, forums ranks are not everything.

5/30/2010 #846
Aislynn Crowdaughter

Another announcement: Dennis Hopper is dead. RIP, Easy Rider!

5/30/2010 #847

Whoa! :(

5/30/2010 #848

The official forum list shows us at 42,000 posts. 42,001 with this one.

6/4/2010 #849

Maybe we need a True Crime thread?

Joran Van der Sloot has just confessed to killing a woman in South America. I really thought, back in 2005 that he might have been the victim of a rush to judgment in the Natalie Holloway disappearance. I guess not. This dude sounds like seriously bad news. :(

6/8/2010 #850

Alerts are being delayed for close to half an hour. :(

6/13/2010 #851
AltearazCreator

Happy Canada Day! Everyone's favourite Dominion turns 143 today. And now, some shitty Canada videos!

Roger Whitaker's Canada Is, and though I'm not too big on the song, I love the pictures featured. There's a few shots of the old parts of Montreal and Quebec which are very nice, and the Terry Fox monument just outside Thunder Bay, where I live.

The original I Am Canadian video. I don't care if it's a beer commercial. It's awesome.

A Coke commercial about our love of hockey. This is basically how it is here, not gonna lie.

And Rick Mercer explaining how the country works. Someone has to do it.

7/1/2010 #852

Many happy returns, Canada!

7/1/2010 #853

Before I forget -- happy birthday, Harrison Ford! May I look so good at 68!

7/13/2010 #854
Virtuella

Harrison Ford *swoons*

7/14/2010 #855

Ford is also a mensch. I once saw his criticized for dumping his second wife to take up with Callista Flockart. First of all, he and Melissa matheson were well and truly split before he ever even met Flockart. And second, she's smart. She's one of the most intelligent actresses in Hollywood (Geena Davis is another) and that seems to be what attracts him. He's not one of those people who talks a lot, but you can tell there's a real intellect there.

And third, he doesn't trumpet it a lot, but his first wife is not well, and he's seeing to it that she's taken care of, over and above what he left her with, and that had to be considerable.

7/14/2010 #856
The Grim fellow in the corner

How philanthropic.

7/14/2010 #857
militaryhistory

Sarcasm or serious?

7/14/2010 #858

How philanthropic.

Hello, J. Good to see you back -- or are you someone else?

And it's not really philanthropic. You are supposed to love the wife of your youth, even if you and she can't live together any more.

7/14/2010 #859
hixto

I got one of those e-readers yesterday, a B&N Nook. It's so awesome! With just a little file manipulation I can read fanfiction on it. MEFA's here I come!

7/15/2010 #860

FFN is beginning to glitch again. Prepare for major fail. :(

7/15/2010 #861

****ing FFN! I can't read any of the most recent posts. I know they're there, but clicking on them takes me to about two hours ago in the page.

7/15/2010 #862
White Eyebrow

Y'know that was happening to me too, but I just dismissed it for pre-senility. Glad to know I'm not losing my mind.

7/15/2010 #863
Virtuella

Nope, this has happened before. Very annoying, escpecially since I haven't subscribed to any threads and hence am getting no alerts.

7/15/2010 #864
Aislynn Crowdaughter

****ing FFN! I can't read any of the most recent posts. I know they're there, but clicking on them takes me to about two hours ago in the page.

Ouch! It does not seem to have reached me down here, yet (I do not know why some of these glitches sem to hit different areas of customers at different times). But I am sure we will get the issue in a few hours (or minutes...) too.

7/15/2010 #865
Olorime

Daggorn freaking FF.NET is all glitchy and I feel like I have Deja Vu. :(

7/15/2010 #866
Aislynn Crowdaughter

I got one of those e-readers yesterday, a B&N Nook. It's so awesome! With just a little file manipulation I can read fanfiction on it. MEFA's here I come!

Some of my friends have presented their e-readers to me last year and made me all greedy to get one, but at the moment, I cannot yet afford one - there are other things on my agenda I need to buy or pay for first. But boy, do I want them!

I have dreamed about having all my fanfic archives with me on a chip, at need. And also, of reading stories offline without having to print them out. I am just waiting until the things get a bit less pricey (and some of the current fight of formats gets settled).

7/15/2010 #867
hixto

I have dreamed about having all my fanfic archives with me on a chip, at need. And also, of reading stories offline without having to print them out. I am just waiting until the things get a bit less pricey (and some of the current fight of formats gets settled).

Well, they dropped the prices by fifty dollars here in June. Still, I was going to put it off to see if they have any back to school sales, but my brother has a b-day coming up so I actually got it for him and I'm experimenting. I have all these files of sci fi books I can load onto it for him and I could justify the expense since it was for someone else. Of course, I like it so much I have my doubts as to whether he'll actually be possessing it anytime soon. :-)

I like the idea of the portability, and the screen is so much easier on my old eyes than trying to read on the computer. You can change font sizes for reading, but I have to put on my glasses to read some of the commands. lol

7/17/2010 #868
White Eyebrow

Happy National Ice Cream Day everyone!!!!

(Part of Ronald Reagan's enduring legacy IMO.)

7/18/2010 #869

Sorry, Iggy. It had to happen sooner or later: http://www.popeater.com/2010/07/22/orlando-bloom-and-miranda-kerr-secretly-wed/

Someone asked if this will put an end to all those rumors about Orlando and Viggo. Wanna take bets?

7/24/2010 . Edited 7/24/2010 #870
« Prev Page 1 .. 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 39 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Thranduil Oropherion Redux militaryhistory
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member