Of Cabbages and Kings
Looking for intelligent life at Fanfiction Net? We feature something for everyone: casual chat, serious discussion, debate, fun and games, and that delicious wank. Are you ready to play with the big dogs? Come inside, come inside!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 65 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 85 .. Last Next »

Wow, Epi, how did I miss your appearance here? ((((Hugs))))

7/10/2010 #2,221

Hi Virtuella! Long time, no chat. As for missing me, I suspect you were having some deep, philosophical discussion on another thread. FYI: I still have all the Truth Be Told updates sitting in my email folder waiting to be read. I think I'll want to start again from the beginning. I'm looking forward to seeing how you ended it.

7/11/2010 #2,222

It's a happy ending, of course. ;-)

I haven't had a philosophical discussion for a while. Feel free to pop into the philosophy thread and bring up a really tricky question.

7/11/2010 #2,223

Then you'll just about swoon over the USDA lab I work with.

Oh, my, yes, the USDA lab indeed sounds swoonworthy! :^D My lab group (biochemistry) focused on HPLC-based assays for peptide separation so we just had 5 garden variety Agilents with 96 well plate samplers (that is, 2 plates with 96 wells each -- chump change compared to the high-throughput instrumentation used now). The analytical and medicinal chemists had (of course) a variety of instruments at their disposal. High-res LC-MS instruments do cost a pretty penny to say the least, so that 500K price tag is steep for a lot of colleges. A number of Tier One research universities have nabbed grants to buy them, however, and I know that there's a market for them in the dark domain of Big Pharma-dûr.

Probably the most impressive instrument I have seen is a 900 MHz NMR at my grad school alma mater. That sucker looks like a lunar landing module! I can't imagine what it cost, but I believe a big grant from NIH paid for it.

Have fun at the USDA! Sounds like a great gig for you!

7/11/2010 #2,224

Name: Sarah

Interests: I always hate questions like this, because I never really know what to say. I read a lot, listening to music before I go to bed every night, watch my favourite TV shows (House, QI, Mock the Week, Grey's Anatomy [we all need a bit of mindless drama] and a couple others, when I can I work, I'm saving up to go on holiday next year and I enjoy my job.

Fandom(s): Started in Twilight, migrated to Harry Potter, now I stay with HP but pretty much go where the mood takes me.

Why at FFN: Originally just reading, I created an account so I could get story alerts. I've written some stuff, nothing serious, and like many I've deleted my first ever story. It wasn't that great.

Why on This Forum?: Well, I'm part of another forum, I've been there for just over a year now and I know everyone there, so, I thought I'd take a wander and see where I landed.

7/13/2010 #2,225
Thranduil Oropherion Redux

Hello, and welcome. Mind if I just call you Sarah?

7/13/2010 #2,226

Hello and welcome, Sarah!

(You had me worried for a moment by having the same name, being the same age and living in the same region as my youngest sibling. But Somerset's the wrong county and none of the other details fit, so I breathed a sigh of relief.)

7/14/2010 #2,227

Why would you be so worried about finding your sister here?

And hi, Sarah.

7/14/2010 #2,228

Why would I want to find my sister here? *shudder*

7/15/2010 #2,229

UK, south-west.

So I guess you're not a Yankee Doodle, huh? lol

Welcome to the forum, Sarah.

7/15/2010 #2,230

Howdy, Sarah.

7/15/2010 #2,231
Aislynn Crowdaughter

Hi, Sarah! :)

7/15/2010 #2,232

Name: Taco

Interests: Red vs. Blue, Hetalia, reading, music, and random YouTube videos, usually RvB or Hetalia related. My life is pitiful, isn't it?

Fandom(s): Started in Twilight, moved to Vampire Academy, migrated to Harry Potter, and am now in the RvB and Hetalia fandoms, hopefully for awhile.

Why at FFN: Followed a link from another website, and I immediately made an account. No lurking about for me. I now read, write, and spend a lot of time on the forums.

Why on This Forum?: I was very very bored at 1:45 a.m. and all of my other forums are dead at this time of night. So I randomly chose a forum on the front page. ^.^

8/1/2010 . Edited 8/1/2010 #2,233

*is wary of blue tacos*

8/1/2010 #2,234

Hello, Taco!

8/1/2010 #2,235

Hello, Taco. I'm elderly and tend to be asleep (or at least in bed) at 1:45, but we do have the occasional lunatics (not mentioning any names here, Clodia and Gogol) who can sometimes be found.

8/1/2010 #2,236

*is wary of blue tacos*

Tortillas made from blue corn are the gourmet stuff. IRL they tend to be a purplish grey, but they're good.

8/1/2010 #2,237

I would defend Clodia because, I mean, England! It was ~morning~ there! Proper morning, even! but, you know. Defending people is sort of not my thing. So instead I will sit here and be smug and lunatic and frightened of purplish-grey taacos. :')

8/1/2010 #2,238
Aislynn Crowdaughter

Hi, Taco. Welcome to the forum. I am one of those European lunatics who are handicapped by time differences. ^^

8/1/2010 #2,239

It would have been nice to be defended. *pout*

8/1/2010 #2,240
Hamfast Gamgee

Hello, before I go further, is it all right if I post in these forums?

8/1/2010 #2,241

Welcome, Ham -- we're pleased to have you. :)

8/1/2010 #2,242

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys.

Ham, do you post over at the LU? I think I've seen you there from time to time.

8/1/2010 #2,243

Hey Taco. Welcome.

8/2/2010 #2,244
Hamfast Gamgee

In that case, thanks,

Name: Hamfast Gamgee

Fandoms: Lotr, Silmarillion, various British Comedies

Why Fanfiction?: Probably because I find so little other official material that amuses me at the moment!

8/3/2010 #2,245

Hi, Ham! Good to see you here.

8/3/2010 #2,246

Taco and Ham.... yum!

Welcome new members. :-)

8/3/2010 #2,247

Howdy, Ham.

8/3/2010 #2,248

8/3/2010 #2,249
Aislynn Crowdaughter

Hi, Hamfast Gamgee! Good to have you here! :)

8/3/2010 #2,250
« Prev Page 1 .. 65 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 85 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Thranduil Oropherion Redux militaryhistory
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member