Of Cabbages and Kings
Looking for intelligent life at Fanfiction Net? We feature something for everyone: casual chat, serious discussion, debate, fun and games, and that delicious wank. Are you ready to play with the big dogs? Come inside, come inside!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Thranduil Oropherion Redux

Want a new thread? Need to know how something works? Ask me here. I'm easy. :)

2/5/2009 #1
hixto

Ask me here. I'm easy. :)

That's what she said. *snicker*

2/5/2009 #2

O_o Iggy -- I had no idea! LOL

2/5/2009 #3
EmpyrealFantasy

Me, right? ;)

2/6/2009 #4

Katie! *flying tackle*

Er, composing myself -- be it known that Katie is not in any way, shape or form 'easy'. I should hate to have to engage in fisticuffs with Iggy over a lady's honor. ;)

2/6/2009 #5
EmpyrealFantasy

Ah, but how do you know it wasn't I that said you were easy, love? *grin*

2/6/2009 #6

Because I'm not easy, I'm h --

Oh, Jesus, my first *blush* on this forum. LOL

2/6/2009 #7
EmpyrealFantasy

Haha! I am so proud to be the one to force it. ;) I've nto lost my touch, it seems.

*bites tongue* I'll hold all other commentary. :P

2/6/2009 #8
hixto

Me, right? ;)

As a matter of fact...

I should hate to have to engage in fisticuffs with Iggy over a lady's honor.

I haven't engaged in fisticuffs since... *rereads* Oh, you mean as in fighting. I don't do that. lol

2/6/2009 #9
Aislynn Crowdaughter

What about a movie thread? Or do we have one?

2/27/2009 #10

We do now. ;)

2/28/2009 #11
Aislynn Crowdaughter

Do we have a youtube thread? I want to share a link Lethe gave me! It is great!

3/1/2009 #12

Your wish is my command, Mistress Aislynn! Enjoy!

3/1/2009 . Edited 3/1/2009 #13
EmpyrealFantasy

I have a suggestion! How about a 'Word of the Day' thread? Doesn't have to be daily, but there are just so many out-of-use words that are so interesting. I love obscure vocabulary, and I often come across words that I wish to share with people. Even if most would know them, it is nice to remind people of those nice, oft-forgotten words. XD

6/2/2009 #14

You got it, babe! Go ahead and give the new thread its maiden voyage.

6/2/2009 #15
Azral Returns

Music Thread? I like my musics.

6/12/2009 #16
Nieriel Raina

Do we have a SSP thread here??

6/18/2009 #17

Yes. Plug Away is for all story recs, your own or other people's.

6/18/2009 #18
Yashagoro Shiore

Hey, Randy! Wouldn't it be a really interesting idea to form little forum trusts or "Alliances" they have links to each other's forums and pooled together resourced, exchanged members and used that to grow bigger and develop cyberculture? I was thinking of bringing Grammar Queen's forum and this one into the equation to start. It'll help us grow faster.

8/17/2009 #19

I think alliances are a very good idea.

8/17/2009 #20
Yashagoro Shiore

Queen likes the idea too. I think we should do it.

8/17/2009 #21
Reader's Corner

Can we make a different thread for philosophical disscussion?

I also suggest that we try to make less off topic post and should go to relevant threads? Maia had a point. It makes it easier to check posts on the related threads and join in.

It's not possible to check all the emails alerts and posts all the time. Looking at cluttered threads is not helpful when one wants to find out what happnned there in one's absence- the exact relvance as well as reference in between. It hinders participation of late comers on the topics.

9/28/2009 . Edited 9/28/2009 #22
hixto

The only problem I see with that suggestion, RC, is that it might stifle the natural flow of conversation. What does everyone else think?

The only time I get confused is when people talk in the timeclock thread. I never check there.

9/28/2009 #23
Reader's Corner

A little bit of organized approach won't hurt.

I had to check something the other day at WA and I knew where to look for it. It is not that difficult to look for information in older threads at LSD too. Sy did some organization whenever he could. Same for LFE.

In LSD and LFE we did chat everywhere as well at times but, we used to go back to relvant thread ultimately. Too many times Aislyn would just gently tell us to move to chat and we got off the time clock thread.

It was just a suggestion.

Shrug

9/28/2009 #24
hixto

I have no problem with making the suggestion of moving a topic that has gotten off topic.

Should Randy be responsible for the reminder, or should it be the person who wants to post off topic?

9/28/2009 #25

Can we make a different thread for philosophical disscussion?

I had mulled that very thing over this morning while lying in bed coming slowly awake.

I also suggest that we try to make less off topic post and should go to relevant threads? Maia had a point. It makes it easier to check posts on the related threads and join in.

I'm trying to hit a happy medium here. Too lenient, and we end up like TBB's old forum, where it devolved into chat very quickly. Too strict, and you have a situation where some members tell others not to spam up a thread when the conversation takes a turn they don't like.

So, what have I had in the past two days:

1) Someone complaining that we had too many threads devoted to wank.

2) Someone complaining about the lack of wank in the wank thread.

3) An admittedly funny fandom discussion in the thread I've set up for member conflict.

4) A fairly serious discussion in the Ins and Outs thread, as opposed to the usual meeting and greeting that goes on.

I really don't mind this. Yes, I'd like to stay on topic, but not at the expense of inhibiting the natural flow of a conversation. People will discuss hotly and then make up. The conversation may turn serious again. I don't want to be the hardass who has to tell people they can't mention religion or philosophy in the course of a political discussion, or say a quick hello.

The reason I don't move discussions is that, from experience, it kills them dead. Another reason would be that people who have been following a topic will get alerts only for that topic and may not realize the conversation has moved.

9/28/2009 #26
Aislynn Crowdaughter

Too many times Aislyn would just gently tell us to move to chat and we got off the time clock thread.

Yikes! That makes it sound as if I have been playing gouvernante, there, all the time! :(

However, RC has a point with trying to find back to a discussion. How about providing links to make it easier to find back to an ongoing discussions? Perhaps something like an 'interesting forum discussions' thread with links in it? kind of like the "bribery court" in the LC?

9/28/2009 #27
Reader's Corner

Yikes! That makes it sound as if I have been playing gouvernante, there, all the time! :(

Nope- I always appreciated that and liked your style- Very often people say nothing because they don't wants to seem impolite. You managed to get us to right thread and without offending anybody.

9/28/2009 . Edited 9/28/2009 #28
hixto

Aislynn is good that way. *hugs Aislynn*

9/29/2009 #29
Silver-hair Angel

How about providing links to make it easier to find back to an ongoing discussions? Perhaps something like an 'interesting forum discussions' thread with links in it? kind of like the "bribery court" in the LC?

Or perhaps we can have a that that documents everything that happens on the forum with links? Sort of like an announcement thread, only like a bulletin board or something...

9/29/2009 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Thranduil Oropherion Redux militaryhistory
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member