Of Cabbages and Kings
Looking for intelligent life at Fanfiction Net? We feature something for everyone: casual chat, serious discussion, debate, fun and games, and that delicious wank. Are you ready to play with the big dogs? Come inside, come inside!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »
Thranduil Oropherion Redux

Could we have a thread for favourite actors/actresses (not just based on looks).

Done!

6/9/2011 #121
White Eyebrow

A few years ago I put in a request that they secure the site with SSL, and it looks like they finally got around to it in their last round of updates. Welcome to the 21st century ff.net. XP

6/9/2011 #122
Zero612

how do I check reviews on my published stories?

8/9/2011 #123
Nimbus Llewelyn

Easy, you sign in, go to the legacy story stats, under stats, and it shows you the number of reviews and you can follow a link to the review page for each story.

8/9/2011 #124
Nimbus Llewelyn

We need a 12th chat thread, pronto.

9/18/2011 #125
Hamfast Gamgee

Is there a rule which says Randy has to create the chat threads???????????

9/18/2011 #126
Nimbus Llewelyn

No, but he is forum admin, and it is generally him who does so.

9/18/2011 #127

Yes, I am he who makes and names the threads with my customary insanity. I have just done so.

9/18/2011 #128
Nimbus Llewelyn
Excellent.
9/18/2011 #129
Clodia

Aren't you he who is master and ruler of all?

9/18/2011 #130
OldStoneface

Is there a thread that discusses etiquette or recommended process for working with reviewers and beta-readers? I'm looking for guidance on the most effective way to work with others to get good result and not step on toes. For example, I assume that you should only have ONE Beta reader. Right?

9/25/2011 #131

You could discuss it in our Fandom Ethics thread here: http://forum.fanfiction.net/topic/56768/14298857/21/#49689504

For example, I assume that you should only have ONE Beta reader. Right?

I have one beta-reader, and then I submit his polished manuscript to a writers group for further nit-picking and general impressions. I would not have three beta-readers going over your manuscript at one time. Sequentially, maybe, but then you run the risk of undoing one another's work.

9/25/2011 #132
Nimbus Llewelyn

I have two requests: One, for a thread of what you consider your best work (as adorable as it will sound, children don't count), in either Original fiction, non fiction, fanfiction, fanart or music etc.. posibly called 'Magnum Opus' or some such. The second for a reworking of Christmas songs and sentiments. 'We Wish you an Obscene Christmas' or something similar.

11/8/2011 #133
Hamfast Gamgee

I'd second the first one. As it were! I thought there was a best of the best thread here and I was looking for one the other day but perhaps I was thinking of another forum. Or possibly it was deleted during the great purge. Either way, one would be nice!

11/8/2011 #134

I have two requests: One, for a thread of what you consider your best work (as adorable as it will sound, children don't count), in either Original fiction, non fiction, fanfiction, fanart or music etc.. posibly called 'Magnum Opus' or some such. The second for a reworking of Christmas songs and sentiments. 'We Wish you an Obscene Christmas' or something similar.

Let me set my mind to it. Something like "Hello, Mr. Muslim; merry f**king Christmas" from South Park.

11/8/2011 #135
Nimbus Llewelyn

Ok, thanks.

11/8/2011 #136
darkpaledin

i think mayb u sould make a form for gangster ppl where we can discus da issuez n stuff. Wjat do u guyz think?

11/29/2011 #137
Nimbus Llewelyn

This is too good to miss. I hope Randy will forgive me for this. Going up in a moment.

11/29/2011 #138
darkpaledin

u rok bro!

11/29/2011 #139
cherish15

I seriously hope you're being funny. If not then .... I'm concerned for you. (darkpaledin)

11/29/2011 #140
cherish15

Never mind, I read your profile. Either you're a troll who is terrible with stereotyping black people or you're being serious which again makes me worry.

11/29/2011 #141
Jarreau
Can someone please try and make FFm compatible with Kindle first gen. and the notepad app by 7 dragons? I have a bunch of great story ideas but no way to post them. :'(
12/14/2011 #142

I'd like to help you, but I'm not Xing. This is the Court of Petitions for this forum.

12/14/2011 #143
hixto

I have a bunch of great story ideas but no way to post them. :'(

Why not just post stories on the site like a regular person?

12/14/2011 #144
White Eyebrow

I could have sworn there was a way to manage your forum thread subscriptions in the GUI, but I can't seem to find it (assuming it ever existed.) Yes, I know I can click the unsubscribe link in the email itself, but does anyone know if there is something to this effect in the user interface... or am I just crazy?

2/20/2012 #145

I had to log in to check, because so many of the familiar FFN features have quietly disappeared. It still exists. Upper right, you'll see a button that says 'Topic Subscription'. Click on that and you will get options to either subscribe to a topic or unsubscribe.

As for the option to disable forum thread alerts entirely through your profile preferences, I'll have to go check.

2/20/2012 #146
OldStoneface

My story has a glitch, and it appears to be a FFN glitch.

My Chapter 12 link is showing Chapter 9's content. I had not made any changes to that chapter, it just suddenly started doing it. The link is:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7452787/12/From_Dust_to_Flesh

Note that the number is correct in the link (12).

When I do a "live preview" it shows the correct Chapter 12 content.

I have tried re-uploading and replacing the file, but of course this doesn't fix it since the content is correct in the live preview. Looks like there is a linking error. The 12 link is pointing at the 9 content. Any suggestions other than (gasp) deleting all chapters from 12 onward and re-uploading them all?

Hep me please! ;-)

2/28/2012 #147
OldStoneface

Bah. Never mind. It just self-corrected. (shrugs)

2/28/2012 #148

Wow. That has me stumped. I'd say to start by checking your 'edit content' boxes very carefully. Especially if you uploaded a new file and replaced the contents of chapter 12 with it.

2/28/2012 #149

Bah. Never mind. It just self-corrected. (shrugs)

Hah -- doing the 'Miss Emily Litella' -- "Never mind."

If FFN does not kill us, it makes us stronger.

2/28/2012 #150
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Thranduil Oropherion Redux militaryhistory
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member