Of Cabbages and Kings
Looking for intelligent life at Fanfiction Net? We feature something for everyone: casual chat, serious discussion, debate, fun and games, and that delicious wank. Are you ready to play with the big dogs? Come inside, come inside!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 48 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 68 .. Last Next »
Nimbus Llewelyn

"I think it's working Merry!"

"I know! Run!"

12/22/2011 #1,711
Thranduil Oropherion Redux

Here's another site:

It still doesn't have the image I'm looking for.

12/22/2011 #1,712
hixto

"I think it's working Merry!"

"I know! Run!"

Yes, this! lol

12/22/2011 #1,713

Ooh! Me me! [raises hand] But I can understand why they would "oomph it up" for the films. I think so long as Bilbo retains his essential nature, this film should contain both the "srs bsns" and the "lighthearted whimsy" elements.

I could really do without the talking animals at Beorn's place.

12/22/2011 #1,714
hixto

Bite your tongue. I love talking animals.

12/22/2011 #1,715

I was wrong about the artist. But this is beautiful.

12/22/2011 #1,716
Nimbus Llewelyn

The Chronicles of Narnia managed to do them without it being totally ridiculous. Mind you, having certifiable Badass Liam Neeson voicing Aslan, and people like Simon Pegg and Eddie Izzard getting involved helped.

12/22/2011 #1,717
hixto

I was wrong about the artist. But this is beautiful.

I thought maybe that was the one you meant but I couldn't find it. I love this one too.

The Chronicles of Narnia managed to do them without it being totally ridiculous. Mind you, having certifiable Badass Liam Neeson voicing Aslan, and people like Simon Pegg and Eddie Izzard getting involved helped.

And Smaug will most certainly have something to say.

12/22/2011 #1,718
The Lauderdale

There were a lot of talking animals, but I don't think any of them were at Beorn's place. The serving-animals may not be tenable, though (the dog-and-pony dinner show.)

12/22/2011 . Edited 12/22/2011 #1,719
hixto

There were a lot of talking animals, but I don't think any of them were at Beorn's place. The serving-animals be not be tenable, though (the dog-and-pony dinner show.)

I dread having to reread that book before the movie comes out, but if I must, I must... *heavy sigh*

A dog and pony show sounds promising though.

12/22/2011 #1,720
Hamfast Gamgee

There is one little AU of the Hobbit, I suppose that I have sometimes wondered. I don't suppose they will do this in the films. But supposing, Bad news that the Eagles arrived too late at the battle of Five armies. The Goblins win most of the good guys are dead or enslaved save possibly Bilbo and Gandalf who escape. Good news, the Necromancer, Sauron doesn't escape and he is destroyed. I wonder how that plotline might go!

12/22/2011 #1,721

There were a lot of talking animals, but I don't think any of them were at Beorn's place.

Heh -- shows you how focused I am on certain sections of the book. As for talking animals, I have no problem with Smaug talking, but I've struggled with the concept of talking spiders. I ended up fudging it.

12/22/2011 #1,722
hixto

There is one little AU of the Hobbit, I suppose that I have sometimes wondered. I don't suppose they will do this in the films. But supposing, Bad news that the Eagles arrived too late at the battle of Five armies. The Goblins win most of the good guys are dead or enslaved save possibly Bilbo and Gandalf who escape. Good news, the Necromancer, Sauron doesn't escape and he is destroyed. I wonder how that plotline might go!

All the Elves sail because their time is through and Boromir becomes King of Gondor when Denethor slips on a cherry tomato and dies from a skull fracture. The end.

It sure would have shortened LOTR in the sense that it wouldn't have needed to be written. lol

12/22/2011 #1,723

Boromir becomes King of Gondor when Denethor slips on a cherry tomato and dies from a skull fracture. The end.

ROFLMAO!!!!!

12/22/2011 #1,724
Hamfast Gamgee

All the Elves sail because their time is through and Boromir becomes King of Gondor when Denethor slips on a cherry tomato and dies from a skull fracture. The end.

It sure would have shortened LOTR in the sense that it wouldn't have needed to be written. lol

One possibility I suppose! :)

12/22/2011 #1,725
The Lauderdale

Talking dragon, talking spiders, talking raven (okay, ravens can be taught to speak, but not quite so cogently), oh yeah, TALKING EAGLES.

...I like talking spiders. 8)

12/22/2011 #1,726
Nimbus Llewelyn

LOL. And it makes a disturbing form of sense...

12/22/2011 #1,727
hixto

...I like talking spiders. 8)

Me too. Especially their high squeaky voices. I picture them sounding like the doberman in "Up". lol

12/22/2011 #1,728

Talking dragon, . . .TALKING EAGLES.

I can see that, because the dragons and the eagles were Maiar. I suppose the spiders were descended from Ungoliant, so they could kind of talk too . . .

12/22/2011 #1,729
The Lauderdale

But what about Bert and Tom and William? They're probably going to make them correspond to the trolls in LOTR (and we even saw the statues of Bilbo's trolls in the FOTR movie), and that makes me a bit sad. I found them charming. 8(

12/22/2011 #1,730
Hamfast Gamgee

Did you know that many years ago, 1974, in fact, there was a Dr Who series called Planet of the Spiders, which had, giant squeaky talking Spiders, so it can be done. Having said, it isn't considered a Dr Who classic, so maybe it isn't a great example of talking spiders on the screen.

12/22/2011 #1,731
hixto

I suppose the spiders were descended from Ungoliant, so they could kind of talk too . . .

But what could they possibly have to talk about?

"Hey, Bob, shoot anything interesting out of your ass today?"

12/22/2011 #1,732
Nimbus Llewelyn

The Dragons were Maiar?

12/22/2011 #1,733

"Not yet, but here ya go!" Then it shoots out a web that reads 'Screw you!'

12/22/2011 #1,734
Nimbus Llewelyn

Or, "Stop talking out of your Spinnerette Alice."

12/22/2011 #1,735
The Lauderdale

The Dragons were Maiar?

Shhhhhh. Tolkien likes to explain everything, but I like to pretend the dragons are just kickass dragons and the eagles are just big kickass eagles.

12/22/2011 #1,736

The Dragons were Maiar?

There's controversy about that. Supposedly Morgoth could not create anything with real life itself, so if he created the dragons they could not breed. Yet there was something about dragons breeding on the Withered Heath. Since I needed Smaug to have a mother in a story I wrote, I took the position that they were debased Maiar.

12/22/2011 #1,737
The Lauderdale

...I thought he actually said they were Maiar somewhere. In HoME?

12/22/2011 #1,738
hixto

Did you know that many years ago, 1974, in fact, there was a Dr Who series called Planet of the Spiders, which had, giant squeaky talking Spiders, so it can be done. Having said, it isn't considered a Dr Who classic, so maybe it isn't a great example of talking spiders on the screen.

Hmm, probably not. If the Daleks are any indication of the level of FX.

"Not yet, but here ya go!" Then it shoots out a web that reads 'Screw you!'

ROFL!

12/22/2011 #1,739

..I thought he actually said they were Maiar somewhere. In HoME?

He might well have done. I'll confess I haven't read every single word of the HoME or the Letters. In any case, he contradicted himself a lot.

My dragons are Maiar, and my orcs are mutated elves.

12/22/2011 #1,740
« Prev Page 1 .. 48 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 68 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Thranduil Oropherion Redux militaryhistory
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member