Of Cabbages and Kings
Looking for intelligent life at Fanfiction Net? We feature something for everyone: casual chat, serious discussion, debate, fun and games, and that delicious wank. Are you ready to play with the big dogs? Come inside, come inside!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »
Clodia

hey hey hey in the ~GOOD OLD DAYS~ they didn't need secret societies, what with the OLD DAYS being all ~GOOD~ and suchlike

also because they were all out beating up the neighbours and ENRICHING their ~COIFFEURS~

5/4/2010 #91
Gogol

Oh.

Well.

Fair enough.

*pictures FOUNDING FATHER in GRATE WIG OF WIGNESS*

5/4/2010 #92
Clodia

EXACTLY

*pictures CURRENT GENERATION regarding portrait of FOUNDING FATHER and INHERITED GRATE WIG OF WIGNESS, teary-eyed*

also, you, have you tidily filed away that snippet for further delectation? (you could be exceedingly sweet and file a copy in the comments to my post as well, so that I don't have to go hunting for it :'D)

5/4/2010 #93
Gogol

UH I THINK I NEGLECTED TO ACTUALLY DO SO WHEN I SAID I WOULD

SO

*hunts it down*

5/4/2010 #94
Thranduil Oropherion Redux

In my discussion, I shall determine whether or not economic considerations were... a matter of sustaining the Republic or enriching the coiffeurs of certain optimates

O_o Never mind the coiffures, are optimates some kind of super-primate?

5/4/2010 #95
Morthoron

In my discussion, I shall determine whether or not economic considerations were... a matter of sustaining the Republic or enriching the coiffeurs of certain optimates

'Twould seem the writer got their cinnamons mixed up while pursuing their Thesaurus Rex.

5/4/2010 #96

I now have a mental picture of large monkeys sitting on a branch wearing gold and diamond encrusted bouffant hairdos.

5/4/2010 #97
Clodia

No, that is actually a sort-of-technical, possibly misleading, Cicero-derived term used for a certain political outlook of the late Republic.

(On my second read-through, actually, I snerked a little about it because I'm reeeeasonably sure the essayer used it anachronistically. That's the sort of thing only I would find amusing, though. :'D)

Also, THANK YOU GOGOL!

5/4/2010 #98
Gogol

You are most welcome.

I am so pumped for the calculus test tomorrow! Oh yes! Yes!

*coughs up something greenish and vital*

*sighs*

5/4/2010 #99
Clodia

I would cheerlead for you, but, well, I don't know how to and would probably fall over something.

I am confident it will All be Fine and my expectations are Very High Indeed.

*patpat*

5/4/2010 #100
Gogol

You could jump up and down in a moderate fashion and, I don't know, hold onto a pom-pom quite tightly?

*wonders whether Expectations make a pleasant whistling noise as they fly over heads*

*wouldn't advise it, the whole of my head is not a sight for the squeamish atm*

5/4/2010 #101
Clodia

Would waving a pom-pom while sitting down work? And by "pom-pom" I mean "a ball of orange fluff left over from my current spinning".

*thinks that would be deadlines*

*ewwww, air-pat*

5/4/2010 #102
Gogol

I suppose. No human pyramids, I take it?

*surely it can be expanded!*

*sneezes on you*

5/4/2010 #103
Clodia

Uh. No? I cannot imagine anything but Bad Things would result from a human pyramid of classicists.

*concedes this; nonetheless is of the firm opinion that these ones should hit you with a satisfying thunk*

*sterilises self hastily*

5/4/2010 #104
Gogol

Rather exciting summonings, I should think.

*wonders what will happen to the firm opinion, when dropped; will it pop?*

*drips some spleen on the floor*

5/4/2010 #105
Clodia

Ooooo summonings, you may be right, and that would really put you off your testing. :D

*bounce!*

*mops up*

5/4/2010 #106
Gogol

Not at all! It would SPUR ME ON! Or at least save me the painful wait from tomorrow to July, given that knowing you they'd be a rather final apparition.

*rubbery, eh?*

*raises eyebrow while the face underneath peels off*

5/4/2010 #107
Clodia

Really? Then I'll get someone to start digging the trench and go looking for the sacrificial victim. :D

*yes indeed, ever so resilient*

*pinches self frantically*

5/4/2010 #108
Gogol

Ooh, and they can be passed to the top of the pyramid, and impaled on a baton, and then their blood will pour over the football field in fertilizing streams!

*flexible, you mean?*

Unfortunately, it's not your nightmare.

5/4/2010 #109
Clodia

Well, traditionally you fill the trench up with blood and wait for the ghosts to come to you... but your version sounds exceedingly Cultic and therefore Approvable! Also very distracting. I guess it'll put your competition off their stride, if nothing else.

*no no, resilient, with a tendency to rebound from disappointments (e.g. absence of ~HOPSCOTCH~ sniffle)*

OH DAMN. Are you sure?

5/4/2010 #110
Gogol

Stride or penstroke, whichever. And the test is curved! So all I have to do is broadcast the image around the country, and I'm in the clear.

*delusionally bouncy?*

Yes. *claws open sinuses*

5/4/2010 #111
Clodia

Perfect! Now where did Randy get to...?

*in the case of ~HOPSCOTCH~, yes, rather* *squinty look*

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

5/4/2010 #112

Perfect! Now where did Randy get to...?

Randy is still lurking for about another ten minutes. I've been reading a story about a hobbit. A very 'merry' hobbit.

5/4/2010 #113
Clodia

Oh.

Well.

I don't do hobbits, "merry" or otherwise. Probably for the best, by the sound of it. Did you want a nice glass of extra-special Dorthonion as a pick-me-up? :'D

5/4/2010 #114

Did you want a nice glass of extra-special Dorthonion as a pick-me-up? :'D

I think I will require a cask of brain-blasting MD 20/20 (Mirkwood Domestic) made of berries, moldy leaves and twigs, dead bats, and whatever else happens to fall into the vat.

5/4/2010 #115
Gogol

How about a nice surprise dwarf-inna-barrel instead?

5/4/2010 #116
Clodia

In that case, it may have to be malmsey.

5/4/2010 #117
Gogol

They're not that sweet.

5/4/2010 #118
Clodia

They will be by the time they're fished out of the barrel.

5/4/2010 #119
Gogol

Necrotic tissue is not known for its sugar content, if that's what you mean.

5/4/2010 #120
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Thranduil Oropherion Redux militaryhistory
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member