Of Cabbages and Kings
Looking for intelligent life at Fanfiction Net? We feature something for everyone: casual chat, serious discussion, debate, fun and games, and that delicious wank. Are you ready to play with the big dogs? Come inside, come inside!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »
Poll
What pets do you own?
1 Fish: They don't bark.
2 Other Small Mammals: Mice, rats, ferrets, etc. The ones in the basement don't count.
3 Assorted Reptiles: Because there's no accounting for taste.
4 No pets at present: My carpets heave a sigh of relief!
5 Dog(s): Hooray for Man's Best Friend!
6 Bird(s): The only pet that talks back.
7 Cat(s): Misnomer -- you don't own cat; cat owns you.
8 Horse(s): Because I like shoveling the shit!
9 Spiders: Now, that's just plain creepy.
View Poll Result. Please vote for up to 8 choices.
Aislynn Crowdaughter

Rumil is very cute and looks quite comfortable. He certainly does not seem shy. I am a bit envious that he is so cool with posing for a foto; whenever I tried to make one of my cat, back then, I usually merely saw her backside. And Rumil seems to have decided that this seat is his, period. ;)

The throw looks great, too. :)

6/26/2009 #151
Thranduil Oropherion Redux

He has staked that chair out as his own. He was on it when I got back from the doctor's.

6/26/2009 #152
Aislynn Crowdaughter

Hi, there, and good evening! Speaking of which, I hope you are well?

6/26/2009 #153

I'm quite well. Except that when my doctor felt my neck she said we ought to check for thyroid levels in all the routine blood work. Should have seen me grin -- that would explain why I don't lose weight even with all the working out. She's also retiring from active medical practice. This would be like the fifth doctor I've outlasted.

6/26/2009 #154
Aislynn Crowdaughter

I'm quite well. Except that when my doctor felt my neck she said we ought to check for thyroid levels in all the routine blood work.

Good to hear you are well!

Should have seen me grin -- that would explain why I don't lose weight even with all the working out.

Well, growing muscles means gaining weight, too... (except it is healthier weight than the other sort).

6/26/2009 #155

Well, growing muscles means gaining weight, too... (except it is healthier weight than the other sort).

I was, at one point, losing about a pound a week on the exercise regimen. Then, with no changes at all, it reversed itself. This does make me wonder.

6/26/2009 . Edited 6/26/2009 #156
hixto

Yes, that is El Amor Brujo -- who has tripled his weight since we got him at the age of six months back in 2002. He was all head and no body -- looked just like a spermatazoon. LOL

I have a friend who had a kitten like that. The cat ended up as big as a throw pillow. He was a marmalade cat like Rumil.

I think that name really suits him, btw

Thank you! It's the Tree of Life stained glass window.

I recognized it right away. I saw a reproduction done in minature in a musem gift shop once, stained glass. Way too rich for my blood, but I like the design.

6/26/2009 #157

Rumil update: He has begun to sleep on the bed, much to the annoyance of the senior cats. I heard some howling matches in the night, and this morning, Georgia had him cornered in the closet.

7/2/2009 #158
Gwenneth Tinuiel

Do they have their own bed or something? Poor Rumil...

7/2/2009 #159

They sleep in various places throughout the house -- coiuches, pet beds, and our bed, depending on how cold it is. It's a very cold night when all of them join us. In the summer heat, we might not even have one with us.

It's a prestige thing where each of them gets to sleep if they're on the bed with us.

7/2/2009 #160
Gwenneth Tinuiel

Luckily, none of mine sleep with me. They sleep with my sister or (in the case of Olivia) in a bucket thing on the coffee table in the family room. XD

7/2/2009 #161

A bucket thing. That's cute. We have a low coffee table/bench type thing at the foot of the bed where we keep piled up blankets. They like to sleep on those too. We call it the couch of the Caesars. LOL

7/2/2009 #162
Gwenneth Tinuiel

We have a cat bed in my sister's room called the Kitty Kot (the name on it). Ironically, the cats have never slept there. that's about the only place they won't sleep. lol

7/2/2009 #163
Aislynn Crowdaughter

We have a cat bed in my sister's room called the Kitty Kot (the name on it). Ironically, the cats have never slept there. that's about the only place they won't sleep. lol

When I still had a cat, she would never sleep in the cat basket, either. Nor did she ever used the scratching tree I had bought for her. She scratched he claws at a mat I had nailed to the wall, and slept on a sweater of mine on a seat. She also slept on the bed, but only when I was *not* in it. :(

The little cat I had as a guest for a week or so, on the other hand, made it a point to sleep *on* me, during the night. Not just on the bed, on my chest, if she could manage. It made getting up in tzhe night to visit the bathroom so much harder.

When I went to get the cat from the woman who asked me to care for herfor a week, that woman gave me a blanket she claimed the cat loved to sleep on, all the time. Guess what? While the cat was with me, she never slept or sat on that blanket, even once. O_o

7/3/2009 #164
Clodia

Cats 'exploit' humans by purring.

Since I've just been chased around the house by a purring ginger cat who only wanted to be let out, I can't say this comes as much surprise.

7/15/2009 #165

This doesn't surprise me at all. Cats relate to us the way a kitten would relate to its mother. We are the givers of food, openers of doors, and sometimes the easers of pain. One of the most affecting parts about working for a vet was that cats will purr when they are injured, frightened, or even about to be put down.

Interestingly, Rumil has not purred for me yet.

7/15/2009 #166
Clodia

3am? Why yes, 'tis a wondrous time of the morning and I am happy to observe it in the service of my furry overlords.

~*gah*~

Note to self: no matter how comfortable the damn cat looks, he goes out before I go to sleep!

8/1/2009 #167

Note to self: no matter how comfortable the damn cat looks, he goes out before I go to sleep!

LOL -- what did he do this time? Mine like to get affectionate at inappropriate times. If not that, then they'll have a screeching altercation.

I didn't sleep well. I'm mildly anxious about the drive up to Appleton in my aging car. And the purring cat on my pillow did not help matters.

8/1/2009 #168
Clodia

LOL -- what did he do this time?

He only wanted to go out. :(

I didn't sleep well. I'm mildly anxious about the drive up to Appleton in my aging car.

:( Sorry to hear it. Good luck with the drive! Is it far?

8/1/2009 #169

:( Sorry to hear it. Good luck with the drive! Is it far?

About 90 miles. It's a straight shot right up highway 41. I've done it many a time, and i'm not sure why it's worrying me now.

8/1/2009 #170

And now, two cute pictures taken the afternoon of the day I returned from Appleton. Cat's love luggage:

Someone was happy to have me back! LOL

8/7/2009 #171
hixto

What an adorable cat, Randy. Sitting in your luggage, how cute. I think you should post pics of all your kitties.

8/9/2009 #172

We call Xena our osa negra -- black bear -- because she has that funny bearlike look to her face. Her other favorite place is the bathtub (empty) from which she solicits affection, because she's so damn cute looking up and squeeking.

I think you should post pics of all your kitties.

I'll set about doing that. LOL

8/9/2009 #173
EmpyrealFantasy

Picture time! As I mentioned in Rays of Sunshine, my mother got Rayvn a kitten as an early birthday present. We had discussed the possibility only a few days prior (with me whining that I wanted to get her one andmy mother not thinking it was a good idea)... but it seems my mom couldn't resist this adorable little thing, the last kitten in a box labeled 'Free' outside of Wal-Mart. OMG. How could yu not love this face?

Anyway, Ray is thrilled, of course. Dream come true for her. :) But oh god, I was in tears last night. She was so flea ridden. She's so tiny, but she had so many that it breaks my heart. I gave her a bath with some gentle Dawn and used the flea comb, and I got out dozens upon dozens. But she's still scratching. :( I'm not sure exactly how old she is, but I'm thinking that using some Advantage a week or two early beats her being eaten alive. It is terrible. :(

But enough sadness! More pics!

Size comparison -- my oversized, overweight Tomcat Buddy checking her out:

Food theft, haha:

Rayvn and her new baby:

8/11/2009 #174
Gwenneth Tinuiel

AWWWWWW~!!! And Rayvn is adorable too... XD

8/11/2009 #175
Clodia

OMG she has such big whiskers!!! *melts* And yes, Ravyn is sweeet, all the brown curls. :D

(Ooo, I've come over all squeeish.)

ED. Cats have fleas. *sigh* Out in the country, twenty acres of GREEN, three cats, I'm eaten alive in an average summer. Except that it hasn't been average, it's barely sunned at all until the last couple of days (but now it's beaaaauuuuutiful and I'm turning into a proper lizard). So yes. Where was I? Cats, fleas, inevitability of. :(

8/11/2009 . Edited 8/11/2009 #176

Awww -- she's so serious looking! I wish I knew of some more natural methods for controlling fleas until she gets a little older.

8/11/2009 #177
EmpyrealFantasy

I think the seriousness comes from her being rather irritated that I made her stop cleaning herself to take that closeup. XD She's actually terribly playful and loveable. Curls up to sleep on everyone, spent an hour chasing Rayvn's rainbow keychain this morning... XD She's adorable and very pleasant.

And hi Clodia. XD You can hardly even see Ray's curls in that pic... here's another. Because I love showing off my baby. XD

8/11/2009 #178

Oh, that one of her curled up on Ray is just too sweet!

8/11/2009 #179
Clodia

You can hardly even see Ray's curls in that pic... here's another. Because I love showing off my baby. XD

O.o

So many curls! *PETS*

8/11/2009 #180
« Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Thranduil Oropherion Redux militaryhistory
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member