Of Cabbages and Kings
Looking for intelligent life at Fanfiction Net? We feature something for everyone: casual chat, serious discussion, debate, fun and games, and that delicious wank. Are you ready to play with the big dogs? Come inside, come inside!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
EmpyrealFantasy

We have the Well of Woe, but we all have little things that brighten our days, ne?

Sorry for making the topic, Randy-luv, but there was nothing appropriate and I'm impatient.

--

Here is my happy declaration: I LOVE UBUNTU! Love it. I'm not u sually a Linux fan, but using a Ubuntu Live disk (which installs nothing and runs and entire operating system off a CD), I can access my files and copy them away, be on the internet, and OMG I LOVE UBUNTU.

*cough*

I can't stay right now since I am heavily stuck in moving files, but I am here, loves! *forces group hug*

4/1/2009 #1
EmpyrealFantasy

*dances* I'm so thrilled. Apparently, by mounting a Windows drive they only access the file system, therefore my harddrive doesn't have to be working for me to access my files. This is... bizarre to be working off a CD, but damn if I don't love it.

4/1/2009 #2
Thranduil Oropherion Redux

Sorry for making the topic, Randy-luv,

Create away, my love!

Here is my happy declaration: I LOVE UBUNTU! Love it. I'm not u sually a Linux fan, but using a Ubuntu Live disk (which installs nothing and runs and entire operating system off a CD), I can access my files and copy them away, be on the internet, and OMG I LOVE UBUNTU.

I so do not understand this, but if you're here, that's all that matters.

4/1/2009 #3
EmpyrealFantasy

Sadly, a lot of files are messed up. :( So many corruptions, so many files and images ruined. *sniff* But I can only thank my stars that I can still get things this way. I moved all my WIPs and the newest batch of Ray pics (the only ones that are not on a site, my mom's computer, or a flash drive) as well as my Jacket art design first, then started on the rest. XD

4/1/2009 #4

And you can still be here. What computer are you using?

4/1/2009 #5
EmpyrealFantasy

I'm on the busted one. :) This Operating System I am using can run entirely from a CD, no installation or harddrive needed. ^_____^

4/1/2009 #6

If it makes the busted one work, it's not so busted.

And wouldn't tha mean it's a hard drive problem rather than a motherboard or something? How much does a new hard drive cost?

4/1/2009 #7
EmpyrealFantasy

Yes, it is just the Harddrive as I suspected. A new SATA harddrive for a laptop will run me between 70 and 120 bucks, depending on how big I want to go (so tempted to get a terabyte), but I don't have the money until next week when financial aid comes in. But now I have a temporary solution, and I think I might be falling in love with Linux just a little. XD

4/1/2009 #8

I might be falling in love with Linux just a little. XD

*sniffle* Aislynn has linux.

Randy reports to Well of Woe . . .

4/1/2009 #9
EmpyrealFantasy

Ah, bt my love, you know you are the first in my heart! My Ubuntu just has the new factor going for it. And it has helped me so much in these hard, terrible times. XD

4/1/2009 #10

*hangs head* I feel so inadequate . . .

4/1/2009 #11
EmpyrealFantasy

I know how you can make it up to me. *leer*

4/1/2009 #12

You can whisper it in my ear.

I've got your hard drive, right here . . . LOL

4/1/2009 #13
EmpyrealFantasy

*snickers* I should totally attack you for that. XD

Sorry to go quiet, Ray is reading me Fox in Socks. She's reading so well now. :(

4/1/2009 #14

Give her another kiss for being able to read. And for not dropping Mommy's computer.

And kiss whoever gave you the UBUNTU.

4/1/2009 #15
EmpyrealFantasy

You want me to kiss Jason?

4/1/2009 #16

Better you than me, luv. LOL

4/1/2009 #17
EmpyrealFantasy

Hey, I am a monogamous minx, I'll have you know!

4/1/2009 #18

Okay -- I'll kiss him. Anything to have my Katie. :)

4/1/2009 #19
EmpyrealFantasy

LOL, I won't even say the first thought that came to my mind. XD

Love, ti is time for an early bedtime for me. Sleep is good, and I've been missing out on it.

I love you , dear! *tackles with love and affection* See you tomorrow?

4/1/2009 #20

Never doubt it. :) Sleep well.

4/1/2009 #21
EmpyrealFantasy

Tomorrow afternoon I'm gonna test out the MSN/Yahoo substitute I've got on here. Wish me luck on that. :P

4/1/2009 #22
Aislynn Crowdaughter

O_O

Seriously, Katie, I am glad you got your laptop working again and can access your files. I hope you can save all of them. I am also glad to hear Ubuntu works for you. Once I got it and saw how well it worked, I never went back to Windows - at least not on my desktop.

(My laptop still has Windows XP, though).

4/3/2009 . Edited 4/6/2009 #23
EmpyrealFantasy

Last night, while signed onto MySpace for the sole purpose of harrassing my niece from across the room, I found an old friend. Old boyfriend, actually, my first love. And then I realized it had been ten years since we'd dated. XD Goodness.

Regardless, this was just one of those, "Oh!" moments. It is... rather amazing how much you change from High School, hmm?

Oh, and tomorrow, I have a whole day to spend online! YAY!

5/22/2009 #24

Ray of Sunshine: I love Katie's new avatar. :)

5/23/2009 #25
Silver-hair Angel

Last night, while signed onto MySpace for the sole purpose of harrassing my niece from across the room, I found an old friend. Old boyfriend, actually, my first love. And then I realized it had been ten years since we'd dated. XD Goodness.

Regardless, this was just one of those, "Oh!" moments. It is... rather amazing how much you change from High School, hmm?

Oh, and tomorrow, I have a whole day to spend online! YAY!

That's awesome, Katie!

Ray of Sunshine: I love Katie's new avatar. :)

Same. ♥

5/23/2009 #26

Silver! More sunshine! :)

5/23/2009 #27
Silver-hair Angel

I must stop forgetting to come here, yes? xD

5/23/2009 #28

Yes! :)

5/23/2009 #29
Rowena DeVandal

I passed my kidney stone. :) So I'm feeling much better now.

Of course, I don't know WHEN I passed it. I'm just glad that I did.

However, the urologist is expecting me to give up chocolate, because it can contribute to the formation of kidney stones. Screw that! I stopped smoking on Mother's Day, there is NO WAY I'm giving up chocolate too!!!!!

6/1/2009 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Thranduil Oropherion Redux militaryhistory
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member