Of Cabbages and Kings
Looking for intelligent life at Fanfiction Net? We feature something for everyone: casual chat, serious discussion, debate, fun and games, and that delicious wank. Are you ready to play with the big dogs? Come inside, come inside!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Thranduil Oropherion Redux

Oy vey -- the guilt! This is where each of us so inclined will list our daily fitness activities, and if we don't, the absence will be painfully obvious.

We will also cheer one another on like good little soldiers. :)

7/24/2009 #1

I will be the first to check in.

All I did today was my morning ab and core muscle routine. This consists of:

20 straight leg lifts. Lie on back, raise both legs(together) to vertical and lower slowly back to floor.

40 ab curls. Raise bent knees, clasp hands behind neck and raise upper body slightly to work upper abs.

Bridge. Lie on stomach. Support upper body on elbows, lower body on pointed toes. Hold until you collapse in a fit of profanity. This is about forty seconds for me.

20 side bends (10 each side) Stand upright, clasp hands behind head. Slowly bend to one side and raise back up. Repeat with other side.

And that was it. :(

7/24/2009 #2
Quite Contrary Mary

Gooooo Randy! Stay fit!

7/24/2009 #3
hixto

And that was it. :(

What, no one handed push ups? ;-)

That's very good. Maybe I need to start doing something I can brag about.

7/24/2009 #4

What, no one handed push ups? ;-)

-___- Wiseguy!

That's very good.

Not really. That's just the first thing out of bed. My minimum standard is to do a further 22 minutes of medium intensity aerobics, followed by a free weight routine, alternating arms and shoulders. That should happen at least five days a week, if not six.

So -- did the ab work already. You all are free to point and laugh if I don't report the aerobics by the end of the day.

7/25/2009 #5

And . . . I did it. 23 minutes alternating on the stair-climber and the ski-machine.

Free weight arm routine:

Biceps curls, 4 sets of 7 reps each arm.

Triceps extensions (bend forward at waist with 20# weight in each hand, bend arms then straighten backwards) 3 sets of 15 reps.

Touch palms to floor, which is surprisingly easy when you're that warmed up.

7/25/2009 #6
hixto

And . . . I did it.

You're awesome! Don't forget to repeat this routine tomorrow. I'll be back to check. *puts on stern, intimidating face*

7/25/2009 #7

Don't forget to repeat this routine tomorrow.

Tomorrow would be the trunk and shoulder free weight routine after the aerobics. But now that it's a matter of my personal honor . . . LOL

7/25/2009 #8
hixto

By the time I'm done encouraging you you'll look like Arnold Schwarzenegger. lol

7/25/2009 #9
EmpyrealFantasy

My alerts are busted, so I thought everyone just disappeared last night. :P McSuck.

Ah... I've walked up and down my stairs 5 times today. Ta... da? Too much English homework for working out today! Harrumph!

7/25/2009 #10

By the time I'm done encouraging you you'll look like Arnold Schwarzenegger. lol

Even Arnold doesn't look like Arnold anymore.

7/25/2009 #11

Ah... I've walked up and down my stairs 5 times today. Ta... da? Too much English homework for working out today! Harrumph!

That's good! (about the stairs). I think the problem with modern life is that it keeps us at the computer or otherwise stationary for too many hours of the day.

7/25/2009 #12
hixto

I've walked up and down my stairs 5 times today. Ta... da?

Touch your palms to the floor and we'll call it even. lol

I went to Wal-Mart and got a new watch battery, then I filled up my car with gas, then I wandered around a craft store for awhile and bought some cloth for holiday projects, then I stopped by the grocery store and bought a gallon of milk. How's that? :-)

7/25/2009 #13

Okay -- I did the ab routine so far. Spike the yellow idiot-cat 'helped' by sitting on my chest.

7/26/2009 #14
hixto

Okay -- I did the ab routine so far. Spike the yellow idiot-cat 'helped' by sitting on my chest.

Cats are very good assistants. We had one when I was a kid that was a mechanic. lol

And good for you on the ab routine. Just don't think that stapling chicken wire is going to substitute for the rest of your workout. *grin*

Hey, Katie! I hope you're walking or climbing stairs today.

7/26/2009 #15

Cats are very good assistants. We had one when I was a kid that was a mechanic. lol

What, did he pee on your carburator?

And good for you on the ab routine. Just don't think that stapling chicken wire is going to substitute for the rest of your workout. *grin*

Oh, all right, Mr. Slavedriver! I just did it -- twenty-three minutes of aerobics and the shoulder free weight routine:

1) Straight arm front lift with 5# hand weights, 3 sets of 10 reps.

2) Hold arms straight out to sides at chest height with 5# weight in each hand. Bring to center and return, isolating pectorals. 3 sets of 10 reps.

3) Stand with feet shoulder width apart. Bend at the waist, holding 5# weight in each hand. Breathing in, swing hands as far back between legs as you can. Breathing out, bring arms up above your head. Return hand to lowered position. Repeat. 3 sets of 10 reps.

I know five pounds doesn't sound like much, and it isn't. But by that last rep you're really feeling it in the shoulder joint.

Hey, Katie! I hope you're walking or climbing stairs today.

Yeah, Kati-luv, now that you've er, inspired me to draw my own line in the sand. We'll let Mike be the whip guy. LOL

7/26/2009 #16
EmpyrealFantasy

*chuckles* I've been grouting the kitchen floor (new tile) today, actually. I'm messy and achy, but work is getting done. Hooray!

I hate having no alerts to follow. *frustrated*

7/26/2009 #17

*chuckles* I've been grouting the kitchen floor (new tile) today, actually. I'm messy and achy, but work is getting done. Hooray!

Yeah -- that's work! I gave myself a dispensation when I was working on replacing that faucet. But stapling chicken-wire just doesn't raise to that level. LOL

I'm getting my alerts. Maybe your computer had a brain-fart?

7/26/2009 #18
EmpyrealFantasy

Nope, my Hotmail has been devoid of alerts for over a day now. Really annoying. I almost thought my email was broken, but then I recieved all my junk mail overnight like usual. :P

So weird. :(

Done grouting for the day, thank god. Ugh. At least I didn't have to do the tile cutting (I'm not steady enough for that, LOL!). I tried to IM my Randy-luv but you aren't online. Woe!

7/26/2009 #19
hixto

What, did he pee on your carburator?

ROFL! No, he used to sit on the edge of the engine, just under the hood, and watch my dad struggle to fix the car. Sometimes he'd rub his head against my dad's hand when he was trying to hold the light steady. He got locked in the trunk once for two days he was so helpful.

Oh, all right, Mr. Slavedriver! I just did it -- twenty-three minutes of aerobics and the shoulder free weight routine:

Whoot! Now that's more like it. Randy is the greatest! *hums Rocky theme*

We'll let Mike be the whip guy. LOL

I've been told I have a talent for it. *grin*

7/26/2009 #20

Monday morning: Ab work done.

7/27/2009 #21

*cough* Haven't reported for a while. I worked out almost every day. *hangs head*

Yesterday, I saw something that is going on my wishlist -- an elliptical trainer. They're big, honking things, but they sure look like you'd get a good workout from them. Meanwhile, I will simply walk a mile in good weather, including up and down my hill. I did that yesterday (which included a quick peek into the fitness equipment store in the strip mall at the bottom.)

8/6/2009 #22

Bumping this. I still can't afford an elliptical trainer, but I did buy a rebounder (mini-trampoline) yesterday. I thought it would be somewhat of a joke, but damn! It's a whole different set of muscles, and I barely made five minutes on it. I cruised Youtube for good trampoline workouts last night. If anyone knows some good ones, point me in that direction.

10/22/2009 #23
Virtuella

*has been swimming and cycling today and feels virtuous*

10/22/2009 #24
Clodia

*shudder*

It's half an hour's walk to the library down and up some pretty big hills. By the end of the day, the last thing I ever want to do is exercise.

10/22/2009 #25

I've been doing daily aerobics (either walking or using a stair-stepper/ski-machine) and lifting free weights for about three years now. I've slacked off lately out of boredom and the fact that the exercise machine (a piece of junk to begin with) is wearing out. There's nothing quite like the ski jamming on a forward stroke and wrenching the hip joint. The weather is getting too nasty for the walk/run.

I don't feel virtuous at all. :(

10/22/2009 #26
Virtuella

I don't feel virtuous at all. :(

Given the track record of exercising you just described, I bet you have a lot less excess weight than I have!

10/22/2009 #27

I weigh more than I want to, but as I tell Aislynn -- it's all muscle. ;P

10/22/2009 #28

Son of a . . .

I made 18 minutes, and I think I'm going to be sorry tomorrow. :(

10/22/2009 #29
Gryphaena

I walk to school and it is twenty minutes away.

I used to be in a crosscountry team in high school. Running is fun. It is a good idea to stretch first.

11/2/2009 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Thranduil Oropherion Redux militaryhistory
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member