Of Cabbages and Kings
Looking for intelligent life at Fanfiction Net? We feature something for everyone: casual chat, serious discussion, debate, fun and games, and that delicious wank. Are you ready to play with the big dogs? Come inside, come inside!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 .. Last Next »
Nimbus Llewelyn

*snerk* I'll be out soon. Morth has been notified about going for the jugular, and I'm letting him open fire.

12/30/2011 #541
Morthoron

I'm still at work, so any jugularization will have to wait till I get home.

12/30/2011 #542
hixto

And who's jugular is in the cross hairs tonight?

12/30/2011 #543
Nimbus Llewelyn

The irritating new person. Randy's at the end of his tether.

12/31/2011 #544
hixto

The irritating new person. Randy's at the end of his tether.

So I see we have the answer to another question. Who let the dogs out? It was Randy. lol

But if Randy is at the end of his tether, why is it Morth going for the jugular?

12/31/2011 #545
Thranduil Oropherion Redux

So I see we have the answer to another question. Who let the dogs out? It was Randy. lol

Yes, shame on me. But there are days when my patience is not infinite.

12/31/2011 #546
The Lauderdale

Well, I mean really, do we need a "valley girl" troll to go with our "gangsta" troll and our..."whatever Ghostie is" troll?

12/31/2011 #547

So many trolls, so little time . . .

Actually, if you can make it through Jessica's War & Peace length profile, you will discover she lives in a 'trailor'. Not precisely a valley girl.

My shoulder-devil is jabbing me with his little pitchfork, insisting I give an honest review to a certain story. My shoulder-angel is clutching his pearls and swooning at the thought. Which one shall win?

12/31/2011 #548
Olorime

Randy,

I am just surprised that you are unwilling to accept the shenanigans of a young girl, but you are very willing to overlook Morth's atrocious behavior.

Morth is a 50+ year old man that believes himself to be a scholar (but has never been published), revels on being obnoxious and vitriolic and picks on people far younger than him as a hobby. This girl is a seventeen/eighteen year old girl. You also have no problem when Al or Nimbus are snarky and mean, so why do you have a problem with a girl that obviously has a bunch of home problems?

Is it that people on this forum need to show pedantry and a lofty semi-scholar behavior for their behavior to be overlooked?

Really, I was not going to say anything on this matter. I am out the door after this post, but I thought you should know how your behavior looks, Randy.

12/31/2011 . Edited 12/31/2011 #549
The Lauderdale

Why don't you write a review supplying POVs for both? That could be fun.

And my lexicon for stereotypes failed me hard. I was trying to name that breathless, bubble-headed, tee-hee, self-centered, generally clueless - you get my drift. Well, if someone has a word that isn't defined by class/geography, just insert that.

12/31/2011 #550
The Lauderdale

...I suppose this means my behavior is bad as well, since I haven't been particularly friendly. I was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt when she talked about the story she was writing, but her attitude seems appalling in other respects, and she doesn't show much self-awareness.

If she really is the way she presents herself. My suspicion is that she's having us on.

12/31/2011 #551

If she really is the way she presents herself. My suspicion is that she's having us on.

You too, huh? The remark about writing in an unfamiliar fandom just made me raise an eyebrow. But it seems like each new thing just kind of ups the ante in the hopes of making the famously tolerant Randy say something snarky. So I'm just supposed to respond to smoking at the age of nine and shoplifting with "My, isn't that nice!"? Not to mention at least one story in the profile that violates the ratings guidelines.

12/31/2011 #552
piewacket

I am just surprised that you are unwilling to accept the shenanigans of a young girl, but you are very willing to overlook Morth's atrocious behavior.

Oli, I suspect that Randy would be patience personified if it were not for the fact that obvious troll is obvious.

I've yet to ever see Morth's behavior cross into the atrocious arena. Is he blunt? Yes. Snarky? Yes. Then again, so are you on lots of occasions. In fact, all of us have our moments.

12/31/2011 #553

Could Morth be more tactful when he's telling someone he thinks they're wrong? Oh, hell yeah. Nobody likes being told they're wrong, and that includes Yours Truly. I thought Viv did an able job of sticking up for herself there.

I suspect that Randy would be patience personified if it were not for the fact that obvious troll is obvious.

She's actually pretty subtle -- just enough to keep me wondering. I've been watching this play out for several days now, but it wasn't until I checked out the profile that my Spidey-senses really started to tingle.

12/31/2011 #554
Nimbus Llewelyn

Morth is a 50+ year old man that believes himself to be a scholar (but has never been published), revels on being obnoxious and vitriolic and picks on people far younger than him as a hobby. This girl is a seventeen/eighteen year old girl. You also have no problem when Al or Nimbus are snarky and mean, so why do you have a problem with a girl that obviously has a bunch of home problems?

Answer: Troll. And I've met people with home problems who managed to keep it together just fine.

A fair point though, and one well made. Also, I can say from personal experience that having the air let out of you once in a while at that age is very helpful.

12/31/2011 #555
hixto

I've yet to ever see Morth's behavior cross into the atrocious arena. Is he blunt? Yes. Snarky? Yes. Then again, so are you on lots of occasions. In fact, all of us have our moments.

I believe she's referring to the fact she can't open her mouth on any subject or hold a conversation with another forum member without Morth feeling the compulsion to jump in and tell her she's wrong. It's very wearying. Also, his behavior is atrocious at times and his words more than mere snark when he makes personal comments meant to hurt. There's a difference between sarcasm and hostility that he doesn't always seem to grasp and is painful to watch. Sure Viv gets mad and hostile as well, usually when her posts are attacked, as anyone would, and she has also been the aggressor on many occasions, especially to Milhist, but she at least attempts to hold her temper in check for the most part and be civil, and has apologized for her behavior in the past. Everyone likes to come on here and discuss things they've read and subjects that interest them but it's not a discussion when someone says "you're wrong, it's this way" rather than "what I've read is this and my opinion is in opposition to yours for the following reasons". It doesn't promote discussion, it kills it. Is there anyone here other than the time Pande dropped in willing to go look up every reference he makes to point out his errors? Hell no, this is is a social situation, not a debate club. But, as you say, we all have our days. Morth can be funny and charming too, and often is, and I can see he's also made an effort to tone down his rhetoric, most of the time, which is very much appreciated.

I also agree the new person is a troll just looking to shock and push buttons and her stories are obviously troll fics. She'll hang around until we're no fun anymore and then drift away to ply her trade elsewhere like they always do.

12/31/2011 #556
Morthoron

Pot, kettle, black. You can go off on a PMS Rage and expect everyone to put up with your bullshit. Go henpeck your husband, who obviously is willing to put up with you.

Morth is a 50+ year old man that believes himself to be a scholar (but has never been published), revels on being obnoxious and vitriolic and picks on people far younger than him as a hobby. Interesting. And you, being a silverspoon-raised, private school debutante turned lifetime Uni student, who rails against injustice for her poor South American neighbors, while her own family has dinner with the local dictator. Whatever. Che Guevera posters in a posh suburban neighborhood in Florida is the height of hypocrisy.

You're simply upset because you got put in your place. Get over it.

12/31/2011 #557
Nimbus Llewelyn

Also, his behavior is atrocious at times and his words more than mere snark when he makes personal comments meant to hurt. There's a difference between sarcasm and hostility that he doesn't always seem to grasp and is painful to watch.

Aye, that's true enough, a minor example being the ridiculous spat over MEFA in the first Rant thread.

Who was Pande?

And Morth has mostly hidden his fangs, something for which we are grateful.

12/31/2011 . Edited 12/31/2011 #558
Nimbus Llewelyn

*facepalms* But, it seems, the fangs are merely retractable. I'm staying out of this one.

12/31/2011 #559

I have a hangover. I will probably have a hangover tomorrow as well.

12/31/2011 #560

Who was Pande?

Pandemonium. She is a lady who knows her shit inside and out. Every time she posts here I consider it a great honor.

She also writes killer Tolkien fanfiction. Her character of choice is Sauron.

12/31/2011 #561
Nimbus Llewelyn

*pats* Just don't barf over the computer. Or one of the cats. Or Buns for that matter.

12/31/2011 #562
Nimbus Llewelyn

Pandemonium. She is a lady who knows her shit inside and out. Every time she posts here I consider it a great honor.

...Wow, I can see the acid from here... Where did she post these comments?

12/31/2011 #563
AltearazCreator

I do not have a hangover. But I wish now I had screenshots of the last arena battle to look at. It's more or less going to be the same argument now as then, and I wouldn't have to wait for people to reply that way.

And what's this about me being mean and snarky? I'm as gentle as a... a, uh... I'll get back to you on that.

12/31/2011 . Edited 12/31/2011 #564
hixto

You're simply upset because you got put in your place. Get over it.

And there it is. Painful and about as cool as starting to smoke at age nine. lol

She does, and much to my chagrin I have not reviewed her this year. *hangs head*

12/31/2011 #565
Nimbus Llewelyn

Zing! Point to the Bard!

12/31/2011 #566

why do you have a problem with a girl that obviously has a bunch of home problems?

Possibly because this is the year when my family and I were severely negatively impacted by teens who have no respect for education and responsible personal habits.

12/31/2011 #567
cherish15
I love how through all of this, Randy randomly comes In with, "I have a hangover." -________-
12/31/2011 #568

...Wow, I can see the acid from here... Where did she post these comments?

Acid? You lost me with that one. I sincerely admire Pandemonium. I do believe she has a doctorate in chemistry, and her knowledge in other areas isn't too shabby either.

12/31/2011 #569
Nimbus Llewelyn

Oh. Bugger. I'm getting lost in the snark. Blimey, that is impressive, I just thought your hangover was fuelling your tempter.

12/31/2011 #570
« Prev Page 1 .. 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Thranduil Oropherion Redux militaryhistory
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member