Of Cabbages and Kings
Looking for intelligent life at Fanfiction Net? We feature something for everyone: casual chat, serious discussion, debate, fun and games, and that delicious wank. Are you ready to play with the big dogs? Come inside, come inside!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 .. Last Next »
Olorime

Morth:

You are so absurdly incapable of mustering any arguments that you have to resort to insulting my moral integrity and my family. Grow up.

The reason I tell you enjoy bullying women was the entirety of the post above. If I chose, I could verbally tear you to pieces, however I choose not to since I do not want to fall to your level. I dealt with bullying apes like you all the time while I was in the Navy that thought that because they could shout the loudest, or use the foulest insults they were entitled to have people kiss their arses. This is the third time that you call my husband names and implied other things about me. If you do not like your family's life to be brought out, then you should shut up about other people's families.

And you are right, you are knowledgeable about Tolkien, however that does not give you the right to insult people. Neither do I have to rub people's faces on my "accomplishment" as you choose to do. You have been more than one been put on your place by people far more knowledgeable than you, but of course, you seem to forget all those instances. You mistakingly believe that my "upset" was about the last time you believe "you put me in my place", however it is not. It's a build up of all the instances in which you are terribly offensive and verbally abusive to others that have chosen not to stand up to you or cannot. In that instance, I was not engaging in an argument with you, however you saw it as your duty to "put me in my place". The one "out of place" and the one that has driven away people from this forum it is you, not I. And you do not intimidate at all. You are a sad excuse of a man. I sincerely hope that your daughter does not have the misfortune of dealing with someone that is capable of talking the way you talk to women and children, because the "trolls" that you refer to are most likely teenagers or children in their early teens and those are the ones that you bully.

About the other accusation, well, that is so far out there that I will not even bring myself down to discuss it. You disgust me.

And this, Randy is why I am truly leaving this forum. I hope you enjoy the company you keep around here. You always see to "put trolls in place" but you fail to see that you have one living in your house.

We have a saying in Spanish, "Dime con quien andas y te diré quien eres."

"Tell me with whom you hang out and I'll tell you who you are."

12/31/2011 . Edited 12/31/2011 #601
cherish15
Olo, please don't leave the forum. I really enjoy talking to you and I have a big amount of respect for you. I don't think I'm the only one that feels that way. You bring something very nice to the forum :) it brightens my day most of time. I can't keep you from leaving but I can try. Just come over to the chat thread with me?
12/31/2011 #602
Morthoron

Viv, I said I wouldn't reply to your posts, and I had hoped you would do the same. But...

You are so absurdly incapable of mustering any arguments that you have to resort to insulting my moral integrity and my family.

What moral integrity?

The reason I tell you enjoy bullying women was the entirety of the post above.

Again, you aint no lady. You can't come off as a foul-mouthed shrew and then play the martyred madonna. It is laughable. Bullying women? Let's look at your next sentence:

If I chose, I could verbally tear you to pieces, however I choose not to since I do not want to fall to your level.

Again, you aint no lady. As far as your ability to "verbally tear me to pieces" - bullshit. You tried your best. It was lacking.

I sincerely hope that your daughter does not have the misfortune of dealing with someone that is capable of talking the way you talk to women and children, because the "trolls" that you refer to are most likely teenagers or children in their early teens and those are the ones that you bully.

Again, I don't flirt with underage posters, you do. That's profoundly fucked up for an adult and mother. But then, you seem unconcerned flaunting your bisexuality about as if that's a healthy topic for "children" (or for a married woman, for that matter). Let's hope your son doesn't need psychoanalysis. As far as "trolls" being "teenagers" or "early teens", presumably this site is not meant for them. Perhaps their parents should keep a better watch over them. That's not my responsibility. So, I talk to everyone as if they were an adult. If that's all you have to whine about, then you're grasping at straws.

You are a sad excuse of a man. I'd say the same for you, but I am not sure what gender you are this week.

12/31/2011 #603
The Lauderdale

But then, you seem unconcerned flaunting your bisexuality about as if that's a healthy topic for "children" (or for a married woman, for that matter).

You know, I've been pretty much avoiding this because you guys are both adults, but there's nothing wrong or unhealthy about being bi, and it has nothing to do with the age levels of who Viv flirts with, or her parenting abilities. Jesus Christ on a crutch.

12/31/2011 #604
Nimbus Llewelyn

*headdesks and sighs* GOD DAMMIT Morth!

But then, you seem unconcerned flaunting your bisexuality about as if that's a healthy topic for "children" (or for a married woman, for that matter).

Beyond the fucking pale, mate. Children? Please, everyone on here is well aware of how basic reproduction functions, thank you very much, and all probably have an idea of LGBT.

1/1/2012 #605
hixto

You know, I've been pretty much avoiding this because you guys are both adults, but there's nothing wrong or unhealthy about being bi, and it has nothing to do with the age levels of who Viv flirts with, or her parenting abilities. Jesus Christ on a crutch.

Someone seems to have hung himself with his own thread here.

Congrats on proving my point, Morth. No need for tedious editorializing on this one, you done said it all.

1/1/2012 #606
Nimbus Llewelyn

*sighs* That he has.

1/1/2012 #607
Just a Wili

I have written to Viv and talked to her on Skype outside this forum, and she's one of the best, most caring people I ever had the privilege of knowing. Also, she's an amazingly clever, fun person to have around, bringing interesting points to any discussion or lighting up any mood with her jokes. It pains me seeing her attacked on her moral integrity, on her sexuality, and on her intelligence.

No one would go on and on about something as inconsequential as a history lesson unless they were insecure.

Morth, it was inconsequential to you, but Viv was clearly hurt by the way you have been addressing her posts — to the point she no longer enjoys participating here.

I once left an e-group I liked because one of its members started nitpicking my posts: every message I wrote, that person felt it was her civic duty to underline a misplaced comma or a misplaced adverb. I didn't care at first, but, in the end, I no longer felt at easy to post anything and left. That person took from me something I enjoyed just to prove to the world at large (or whatever) how good she was and how dumb I was (or whatever). Now, I ask, who is the insecure one?

Honestly, sometimes I think I'm on the LU forum.

1/1/2012 #608
Nimbus Llewelyn

Honestly, sometimes I think I'm on the LU forum.

As much as it ashames me to say it, I think we're worse now.

1/1/2012 #609
Hamfast Gamgee

Perhaps we could do an exchange? They can have Morth and we'll have Kelvin! :)

1/1/2012 #610
Nimbus Llewelyn

God, no. At least Morth can occasionally be trusted to be polite. And funny. Besides, unless he was a mod, LK would never come here.

1/1/2012 . Edited 1/1/2012 #611
militaryhistory

As much as it ashames me to say it, I think we're worse now.

Not yet. We haven't started exporting our dysfunction.

1/1/2012 #612
Nimbus Llewelyn

Meh, that lot are better these days now that LK isn't a mod.

1/1/2012 #613
militaryhistory

I don't go there much at all, so I wouldn't know.

1/1/2012 #614
Thranduil Oropherion Redux

Oh, fuck me sideways. :(

Edit: This isn't aimed at anyone in particular. Merely that if I say nothing, I'm in trouble. If I say anything, I'm in trouble. It isn't a pleasant position to be in.

1/1/2012 . Edited 1/1/2012 #615
hixto

@Vivi *wild applause* Thank you for that.

LOL Morth's esteem has fallen farther than I thought.

1/1/2012 #616
piewacket

Edit: This isn't aimed at anyone in particular. Merely that if I say nothing, I'm in trouble. If I say anything, I'm in trouble. It isn't a pleasant position to be in.

Say nothing. They are both adults. Let them settle it. I've seen each of them give as good as they get.

1/1/2012 #617
The Lauderdale

Well I didn't have a problem addressing one point that pissed me off, and I rather scrupulously avoided weighing against either of the combatants in question, even if I had to remove a few expletives in the process.

1/1/2012 #618

Hey, use expletives. I don't effing care. LOL

If you have something to say, say it the way you feel it. I'm not Kelvin in that regard.

1/1/2012 #619
hixto

even if I had to remove a few expletives in the process.

I know what you mean. I throw away more messages than I ever post. I am a reasonable adult after all. :-)

1/1/2012 #620
Nimbus Llewelyn

I think both were being stupid, but I would side with Viv on this one. Morth has been making a few too many ad hominem attacks. Randy, just don't say anything, that's safest.

1/1/2012 #621
Morthoron

Well, we could always trade you, Ham. But what would we do with the box of hair we get in return? ;P

On a side note, although I won't be apologizing for any comments made (because I meant every word), as it is a new year I will endeavor to let bygones be bygones and take a slightly kinder and gentler tack hereon. If anyone wishes to reopen old wounds, piss and moan, or engage in attacks, I won't be the one to start it.

1/2/2012 #622
Nimbus Llewelyn

Sound fair.

1/2/2012 #623

No, Ham is like that sawhorse that holds up one corner of your table. Quiet and sturdy, but you'd really miss it if it were gone.

1/2/2012 #624
Nimbus Llewelyn

Indeed. The fair remark was about Morth deciding to be slightly nicer, because we're not going to get anything better out of him in a million years.

1/2/2012 #625
pandemonium-213

Hey! Is that the bat-signal I see illuminating the sky? ;^)

1/2/2012 #626

Hey! I suppose Sauron might have a giant bat-hame. No, wait -- wasn't he the wolf and Thuringwethil the bat?

1/2/2012 . Edited 1/2/2012 #627

But, yes, Ma'am, your name was invoked. LOL

1/2/2012 #628
pandemonium-213

Yes! Both wolf and bat actually if one infers "vampire" to mean the latter. From The Silmarillion:

And immediately he took the form of a vampire, great as a dark cloud across the moon, and he fled, dripping blood from his throat upon the trees, and came to Tar-nu-Fuin, and dwelt there, filling it with horror.

And (forgive the mild SSPing) from the Dark Muse himself:

Upon my release from that demon-hound's jaws, and with great difficulty, I took on vespertilian form to flap off to the enchanted pine forest. Let me tell you that crashing through those trees was a most unpleasant experience.

1/2/2012 #629
Nimbus Llewelyn

Hello! I may have met you once (a long time ago...) and I see that Randy speaks highly of you. :)

1/2/2012 #630
« Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Thranduil Oropherion Redux militaryhistory
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member