Of Cabbages and Kings
Looking for intelligent life at Fanfiction Net? We feature something for everyone: casual chat, serious discussion, debate, fun and games, and that delicious wank. Are you ready to play with the big dogs? Come inside, come inside!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Thranduil Oropherion Redux

Share them here -- nightmares, confusing dreams, whatever.

Take it away, Kat . . .

1/12/2010 #1
Gwenneth Tinuiel

Will do.

So the dream started out in a fog and I don't really remember much of it. But I thought I'd share what I remembered.

I had just posted over on the ins and outs then left to go get a snack. I came back and my mom was sitting on my computer, typing away. When I asked what she was doing she wouldn't tell me, so I looked at the screen and saw that she was talking to Randy and Iggy on the forum, pretending to be me, using my account. I start yelling at her saying stuff like, "you could cause soooo much damage talking as me. If I start talking with weird people or act like I don't know what I'm doing, people will notice." Before she responded, my alarm went off. My heart was beating a little fast and I was quite scared of what she would do.

1/12/2010 #2
Virtuella

Oh, cool topic.

Last night I had a dream that delighted me greatly while it lasted and left me sad when I awoke. Someone had invented a cure for cerebral palsy (it involved massaging the legs with some kind of maracas - ???) and the wheelchair-bound children from my school were all dancing and skipping about...

1/12/2010 #3
Gwenneth Tinuiel

Last night I had a dream that delighted me greatly while it lasted and left me sad when I awoke. Someone had invented a cure for cerebral palsy (it involved massaging the legs with some kind of maracas - ???) and the wheelchair-bound children from my school were all dancing and skipping about...

Interesting....

The cure is hilarious though.

1/12/2010 #4

Wow -- this is an anxiety dream for the modern age. But it has happened to a lot of us -- opening the wrong IM window and talking to someone who thinks you're someone else. I recall, once, back in the days when my son and I shared a computer, getting pinged by one of his IM girlfriends, and let's just say it was interesting.

I did the right thing, of course, and identified myself right away so she'd quit talking in quite so . . . familiar a fashion.

Dare I analyze this dream? Perhaps you're uneasy about your mother controlling your life?

PS The idea I might actually be talking to your mother is enough to make me do an awkward turtle. LOL

1/12/2010 #5
Gwenneth Tinuiel

I did the right thing, of course, and identified myself right away so she'd quit talking in quite so . . . familiar a fashion.

LOL!

Dare I analyze this dream? Perhaps you're uneasy about your mother controlling your life?

I think so. Oh and I'm terrified of her finding out my trust in you lot. Shes asked on multiple occasions if I've told you guys my age. O.0

PS I know. If I start talking funny, be careful. But I doubt it will happen.

1/12/2010 #6
Virtuella

The idea I might actually be talking to your mother is enough to make me do an awkward turtle. LOL

Why? She's probably about my age.

1/12/2010 #7

I'm more nervous about her learning my age and having one of those TV crews who bust internet creepazoids show up on my doorstep with a microphone. "What did you think you were doing talking to a fifteen year old?" LOL

1/12/2010 #8

I think so. Oh and I'm terrified of her finding out my trust in you lot. Shes asked on multiple occasions if I've told you guys my age. O.0

I hope you've told her how old and housebroken I am. Desperately trying to be cool with the kids. Kind of like Eugene Levy's character in the American Pie movies -- "It's perfectly natural . . ." LOL

1/12/2010 #9
Gwenneth Tinuiel

For me, I don't like the idea of talking to someone you think you know and have it actually be someone else. I'd be just as freaked out if you were in your 20's Virtuella, just cause that is different than what you told me.

"What did you think you were doing talking to a fifteen year old?"

16 now Randy. *smiles*

And there is nothing wrong with just talking. You haven't asked me to meet you or do anything for you whatsoever.

1/12/2010 #10
Virtuella

Pffft! We're all the same in front of The Internet.

1/12/2010 #11
Gwenneth Tinuiel

I hope you've told her how old and housebroken I am. Desperately trying to be cool with the kids. Kind of like Eugene Levy's character in the American Pie movies -- "It's perfectly natural . . ."

Oh no! That is a secret I will never tell my parents. They'd freak out.

1/12/2010 #12
Gwenneth Tinuiel

Pffft! We're all the same in front of The Internet.

Yes, but only people on the internet understand that. :P

1/12/2010 #13
Virtuella

For me, I don't like the idea of talking to someone you think you know and have it actually be someone else. I'd be just as freaked out if you were in your 20's Virtuella, just cause that is different than what you told me.

I would not be freaked out if I was in my twenties, but I agree with you completely. That's why the uncertainty about Gogol's identity unnerves me.

1/12/2010 #14
Gwenneth Tinuiel

That's why the uncertainty about Gogol's identity unnerves me.

Agreed. And Clodia's for that matter....

1/12/2010 #15
Virtuella

And Clodia's for that matter....

I must have missed that bit. Tell me more...

1/12/2010 #16
Clodia

Wait.

Since when was there uncertainty about my identity?

You really shouldn't listen to Gogol, you know. She's only trying to distract you.

1/12/2010 #17
Gwenneth Tinuiel

Shoot! Clodia saw that! :(

I just don't know if I can trust her with the same amount that I trust others.

1/12/2010 #18
Virtuella

Interesting how extremely quickly this thread has become derailed. ;-)

1/12/2010 #19
Clodia

Shoot! Clodia saw that! :(

I just don't know if I can trust her with the same amount that I trust others.

*sigh*

*pat pat*

The solution is obvious. If you feel you can't trust Persons of Ambiguous Identity with your innermost secrets, don't post them to open forums!

There you go. Sorted.

*departs thread for prevention of further derailment (unless identity is called into question again, obvs.)*

1/12/2010 . Edited 1/12/2010 #20
Gwenneth Tinuiel

And this isn't even the nut house... :P

But really Virtuella, what did you expect??

1/12/2010 #21
Gwenneth Tinuiel

The solution is obvious. If you feel you can't trust Persons of Ambiguous Identity with your innermost secrets, don't post them to open forums!

There you go. Sorted.

*glares* You're not doing anything to help trust you dearie.

1/12/2010 #22
Virtuella

That seems to be, rather pointedly, the intention.

1/12/2010 #23
Clodia

Hey, I offer you this advice out of the goodness of my Cicero-saturated heart. I mean, if you're too paranoid to trust the people you're talking to, why trust The Lurkers? Because it's The Internet. There are bound to be lurkers.

*is almost certainly gone now, work to do, and all*

1/12/2010 #24
Gwenneth Tinuiel

Aye...

I mean, if you're too paranoid to trust the people you're talking to, why trust The Lurkers? Because it's The Internet. There are bound to be lurkers.

Oh fine.

1/12/2010 #25

*sigh* I'll try to remember a dream of mine that's fit to print.

1/12/2010 #26
Virtuella

I'm not bothered about lurkers. Lurkers don't make me think they're one thing while they're actually something else.

1/12/2010 #27
Clodia

Aye...

Fortunately, I am sufficiently secure in my own identity that the doubts of others do not trouble me. Gogol is obviously made of lesser stuff.

And this time I really am gone. For now. :'D

1/12/2010 #28

I would not be freaked out if I was in my twenties, but I agree with you completely. That's why the uncertainty about Gogol's identity unnerves me.

I think this talk about Gogol being a forty year old male basement-dweller is an example of her odd sense of humor.

1/12/2010 #29

Honest, Ma -- I didn't mean to kill th thread! LOL

1/12/2010 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Thranduil Oropherion Redux militaryhistory
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member