Of Cabbages and Kings
Looking for intelligent life at Fanfiction Net? We feature something for everyone: casual chat, serious discussion, debate, fun and games, and that delicious wank. Are you ready to play with the big dogs? Come inside, come inside!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 .. Last Next »
Virtuella

Another early dream of mine, when I was maybe eight, took inspiration from a little writing wedge I had ata that time. I was orange, with compartments fro keeping pens, and the writing surface was a green rectangular plastic, um, thingy. So in my dream I was going down to the football ground with my friend and we sat on the green rectangular plastic thingy with a view to sailing to America.

The alarm clock just jolted me out of a dream in which I discussed with someone the difference between a producer, a script-writer and a director. Does anyone feel this forum is influencing my dreams?

I also dreamt last night that Sauron had demanded our daughter as a human sacrifice, or maybe he just wanted to cut off her finger, and that we went along with it for show whilst planning to escape at the last moment in a hot air balloon. Sauron demanded that I say a prayer in praise of darkness, and I said,

Darkness is kind, it quells the garish riot of the day

and gives us peace to rest our tired eyes.

Not too bad for something made up in a dream, methinks.

5/31/2010 . Edited 6/1/2010 #151
Thranduil Oropherion Redux

My earliest remembered dreams from age four or five are nightmares involving my finding myself on a railroad track with a train coming, and when I'd step off the track I'd find myself on another one. Or my sister and I would be in the backseat of our car when my parents stepped out to do something -- and then the car would drive off on its own, with me unable to stop it. Yet another scenario involved giant killer robots (really big ones the size of radio towers) attacking Earth. We'd see one on the horizon and rush into our house to hide -- in the basement or under the bed -- but it was no use, because in a nightmare the monster always comes to your house.

The first really cogent one I can recount comes from when I was about eight. I was among a group of people running through a woods fleeing another group of hostile people. I knew (I don't know how) that the woods was in Britain in much earlier times, and the pursuit was religiously motivated. A fellow with a club caught up to me. This club was made out of a very think tree branch, although the wood was dry and long-dead. It had spikes in it from where thinner branches had stuck out. They were broken off to sharp points.

I had a sense that this was just a dream and that I'd soon wake up, but I turned to run and the fellow swung his club and caught me in the back. To my utter surprise, it hurt, which is not supposed to happen in dreams.

6/1/2010 #152
Araloth the Random

I don't usually remember my dreams, and the ones I do remember are either morbid or incredibly stupid or both.

Let's see...one time I'd been having a movie marathon of LotR EE and I dreamt I was on Weathertop. I have no idea where Aragorn was - I assumed he just faffed off somewhere and left me to do all the fighting for some inexplicable reason. The Witch King of Angmar approached and I got ready to valiantly fight to the death and immolate myself for the sake of the Hobbits. With a toilet brush. The Witch King cracked up laughing, and I woke up wondering whether one of my sisters had put something in my Coke at dinner.

6/8/2010 #153
Virtuella

Sounds like a really good plot bunny for a humour fic.

6/8/2010 #154
Araloth the Random

Hmm, you're right. *starts scribbling down ideas*

6/8/2010 #155
Virtuella

Very odd dream last night: I was at school and I had just washed my hair (as you do at school...). My colleague came in and without so much as saying a words, poured some kind of conditioner over my hair and rubbed it in. I looked into the mirror and my hair had gone squeaky yellow blonde! Then it was the holidays and I sat somewhere with my husband, when our depute head teacher came along on a bicycle and gave us a packet of vegetarian sausages for a BBQ, the understanding being that she was going round distributing BBQ food to all the staff. Then I awoke within the dream and went round telling everyone what a bizarre dream it had been.

6/26/2010 #156

Any dream where a work superior distributes sausages, I will refrain from comment. P

6/27/2010 #157
R. Zancan

I had a dream I was wearing a tight swimming costume with a cat stuck inside the crotch. In the suit... not in me... XD But it was clawing around trying to get out and I couldn't get it out.

Not even kidding o 0

Any ideas?

9/2/2010 #158

O_o

Perhaps you need to release your sexuality?

9/2/2010 #159
R. Zancan

It's such a crude dream -__-

9/2/2010 #160
Morthoron

I had a dream I was wearing a tight swimming costume with a cat stuck inside the crotch. In the suit... not in me... XD But it was clawing around trying to get out and I couldn't get it out.

Not even kidding o 0

Any ideas?

Sounds like you got a hold of some bad pussy.

9/2/2010 #161
R. Zancan

Sounds like you got a hold of some bad pussy.

Oh, man. XD

9/2/2010 #162
Virtuella

I am of the opinion that dreams do not reveal some supressed wishes and stuff like that. They sometimes express, in an amplified way, feelings you have, but mostly they are a creative concoction of daytime associations brewed up but your very own brain. So you might have, say, seen some swimsuits in a magazine or shop window, and perhaps you were wearing slightly scratchy knickers sometime recently, and you watched a film on you tube about a cat that crawled into the laundry basket and voila, weird dream.

9/2/2010 #163
Morthoron

I am of the opinion that dreams do not reveal some supressed wishes and stuff like that. They sometimes express, in an amplified way, feelings you have, but mostly they are a creative concoction of daytime associations brewed up but your very own brain. So you might have, say, seen some swimsuits in a magazine or shop window, and perhaps you were wearing slightly scratchy knickers sometime recently, and you watched a film on you tube about a cat that crawled into the laundry basket and voila, weird dream.

Pffft! I believe my prognosis was far funnier.

9/2/2010 #164
Virtuella

I wasn't trying to be entertaining, I was trying to be helpful. You know, it's called division of labour. You joke, I advise.

9/2/2010 #165
Morthoron

I may have been joking, but I was well within Freudian parameters.

9/2/2010 #166
Virtuella

Isn't Freud a joke?

9/2/2010 #167

Isn't Freud a joke?

Only if you belong to the 51& of humanity who don't have a penis and don't particularly want one.

9/2/2010 #168
militaryhistory

And to the other 49% of humans, he either explained things really well or belonged on his own couch.

9/2/2010 #169
Virtuella

Well, my suppressed desires at catching up with me again. Last night I dreamt that we were viewing this huge house with ridiculously big rooms and amazing wallpaper and I coveted it so much! Then in the dream, the current owner of the house said the wallpapers were rubbish and started to rip them off, and I was thinking, rats, if we buy this house, we'll have no money left to buy new wallpaper.

9/4/2010 . Edited 9/4/2010 #170
Just a Wili

This one still haunts me a little and now I have a note kept in a drawer because of it.

I think it was in January: I dreamed I was in a dressing room, chatting with other dancers, and doing my stage make-up. Then I opened a drawer and found a folded paper. It read: "Here I left my dreams".

I woke up very sad and wrote down the words. And now I do have that note in my drawer.

9/23/2010 . Edited 9/23/2010 #171
Morthoron

The answer is simple, stop playing in your drawers.

9/23/2010 #172

I think it was in January: I dreamed I was in a dressing room, chatting with other dancers, and doing my stage make-up. Then I opened a drawer and found a folded paper. It read: "Here I left my dreams".

I woke up very sad and wrote down the words. And now I do have that note in my drawer.

That dream could be the basis of a novel.

9/23/2010 #173
Vinsmouse

I once had a dream in which Nick Stokes from CSI was crawling across the desert, dying of thirst and it seemed like he was feeling abandoned. As he reached out to somebody, don't know who, I woke up. This dream snippet stayed with me for months as I kept wondering how he had ended up in the desert alone and dying. I finally came up with a way to incorporate it into a short story and the snippet finally stopped bugging me.

9/23/2010 #174
Just a Wili

That dream could be the basis of a novel.

Hehehe, feel free to use it! But don't forget to make the main character a Mary Sue, ops, a gorgeous woman with silvery hair down to her slim waist and haunted violet eyes!

9/23/2010 . Edited 9/23/2010 #175

silvery hair down to her slim waist

Silvery tresses, Wili. It's never just plain hair. LOL

9/24/2010 #176
Morthoron

If she has silver tresses and violet eyes, then she must be referred to as an Elfess.

9/24/2010 #177
Just a Wili

If she has silver tresses and violet eyesSilver tresses and violet orbs! Back in my days of avid fanfiction reader I saw so many orbs around that I thought that "orb"was indeed synonymous with "eyes." Then I used "orbs" in my first fic. Then I stopped to think, went to check my thesaurus and had to edit everything.

9/26/2010 . Edited 9/26/2010 #178
Just a Wili

This one is fresh from the oven, I had it last night.

So, I was helping my sister to put the table for a birhtday celebration. I think it was her mother-in-law's birthday or something. And I was waiting for someone: I had hired a profissional photographer to take pictures of the city (like postcard pictures) and that would be my birhday gift (err... why would I do that??).

Anyway, the guy arrives and I go talk to him in a room. I start looking at the pictures he gives me (they aren't like postcards, they are big) and they are like one would expect: gray skyscrapers with the sun shining on them, etc. Then I start having second thoughts about the whole thing, I know that *that* wasn't a good idea at all for a gift. And I start being concerned about the price. "How much?" I ask, and the guy answers "900 reais" (something like 450 dollars, which I don't know if it's a fair price or not, the amount sounds abusive). I complain about the price, worried if I will be able to pay the man, and keep on looking at the photos. And there's a photo of a young man fallen on the street, with police cars, ambulances and people around him. It's clear he's dead. "He was run over," the photographer says. And *that* increases my anger, because I didn't hire him to take that kind of pic (yes, I'm quite petty in the scene) and say that to him. The photographer laughs and just says, "Just keep looking." And I do. There's a sequence of photos, and they look juxtaposed: there are two young men on the ground, actually there's a young man rising from the body on the ground, and though he still has his form, one can look through him. The photographer says to me: "I'm charging you so much because I was able to prove to you that there's life after death."

WTF? O.o

10/19/2010 . Edited 10/19/2010 #179
Olorime

What an interesting dream, Vivi.

I have this recurring dream and I had it last night when I am standing on the edge of a cliff looking at the sunset. The briny sea air fills my senses... it fills my nose and I can even it taste in all its salty, iodinated wonder. It feels cleansing and refreshing and I feel renewed inside, as if breathing mouthfuls of this coastal air can just grant me peace. I look down and see the black, jagged rocks and churning water and they call and beckon to me. I jump and a feeling of peace and homecoming envelops me. I wake up having that feeling that I had fallen off the bed but I am right in the middle of it.

10/19/2010 #180
« Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Thranduil Oropherion Redux militaryhistory
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member