Of Cabbages and Kings
Looking for intelligent life at Fanfiction Net? We feature something for everyone: casual chat, serious discussion, debate, fun and games, and that delicious wank. Are you ready to play with the big dogs? Come inside, come inside!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Thranduil Oropherion Redux

This one should be especially lucky. Do not use until the old thread is finished. Thank you.

12/18/2011 #1
Nimbus Llewelyn

Sniped. (Yes, I can and will do this to every future chat thread). I'm off to snipe the old one.

12/19/2011 . Edited 12/19/2011 #2
Nimbus Llewelyn

Pie? Star? Over here! *waves dementedly*

12/19/2011 #3
piewacket

First REAL post!

Oops, Nimbus beat me.

12/19/2011 . Edited 12/19/2011 #4
StarSpray

I love watching people compete for various posts. XD

12/19/2011 #5
piewacket

Okay, I am venturing out for sustenance.

12/19/2011 #6
Nimbus Llewelyn

Hah! In your face! :)

12/19/2011 #7
piewacket

Be careful or I'll cough on you and give you the flu.

12/19/2011 #8
Nimbus Llewelyn

I haz annoying semi permanent blocked nose which renders me (somehow) immune to respiratory diseases. Plus, I doubt you can cough all the way across the Atlantic.

12/19/2011 #9
StarSpray

Plus, I doubt you can cough all the way across the Atlantic.

It'd be like Simba's scent drifting across the desert to Rafiki, only more impressive and less helpful. :P

12/19/2011 #10
Nimbus Llewelyn

Out for sleep. Night persons!

12/19/2011 #11

Golly, Pie, even here in Cheesehead Land I can get Chinese delivered. My sympathies.

12/19/2011 #12
StarSpray

Out for sleep. Night persons!

*waves* G'night, Nimbus.

Hello, Randy.

12/19/2011 #13
Nimbus Llewelyn

*waves at Randy briefly*

12/19/2011 #14

*waves back weakly*

We were just at my son's house to pick out anything that won't be put in the trash as a total loss. The problem is that they had everything bagged and piled. So we got some things and brought them back. But I'm sure some other stuff will be gone forever.

12/19/2011 #15
piewacket

Golly, Pie, even here in Cheesehead Land I can get Chinese delivered. My sympathies.

Oddly, that is the very type of food that I ventured out for.

12/19/2011 #16
militaryhistory

That reeks, man.

12/19/2011 #17
StarSpray

We were just at my son's house to pick out anything that won't be put in the trash as a total loss. The problem is that they had everything bagged and piled. So we got some things and brought them back. But I'm sure some other stuff will be gone forever.

:( I'm sorry, Randy. That's awful.

12/19/2011 #18

That reeks, man.

Chinese food does NOT reek! Oh, you meant . . .?

12/19/2011 #19
militaryhistory

Your situation up in the North Country.

12/19/2011 #20

:( I'm sorry, Randy. That's awful.

We saved some stuff. Two antique dolls beds that belonged to my mother. An antique clock. The 'Wonder Horse' -- a plywood horse on springs that was mine as a kid. The mirror to an antique vanity I have out in my barn. (The dresser and headboard that went with it are going to be a loss.) A framed watercolor painting that hung in my grandfather's living room and was up in the attic. The glass was broken, but I insisted on having the painting.

All the tools will probably be thrown out. There were some that belonged to my great-grandfather, but they were just tossed into the tool room with everything else by the kids. I always thought I'd have a chance to sort it out eventually, but no.

You know the one stupid thing I hoped I would find? When I was a kid, my grandfather showed me two photos of of the horse he had when he was a young man. There was one of him sitting on the horse outside his home, looking quite the young gentleman. The other was of the horse harnessed to a carriage and wearing a crocheted fly sheet. The horse's name was Jeanette. I found the photo of him sitting on Jeanette in a box of photos we cleared out four years ago, but I never found the one of her in the fly sheet. I figured, it's in that house somewhere and it will turn up some day.

Ninety years of our family in that house, and today was it.

12/19/2011 #21
militaryhistory

I will repeat myself. That reeks, man. Where are they living now?

12/19/2011 #22

They actually found a nice house. Someone who is selling and wants a short term lease with occupancy quickly. It's out in Elm Grove (really nice area) three bedrooms, three baths and a mother-in-law suite in addition. Tennis court, in-ground pool. They have to rent furniture, but that's covered. The hard part will be going back home. LOL

12/19/2011 #23
militaryhistory

Heh.

12/19/2011 #24
piewacket

So, the entire inside is to be gutted?

12/19/2011 #25

It depends on how far the smoke got inside the walls.

12/19/2011 #26
piewacket

What a pain. They got lucky with the rental though.

12/19/2011 #27
Reader's Corner

Need directions for Mordor?

12/20/2011 #28
Nimbus Llewelyn

A mother-in-law suite. Is it padded, sound proofed and with bars on the window?

Your situation, as Milhist so aptly put it, reeks. Are you sure it is still illegal to shoot teenagers?

12/20/2011 #29
Clodia

I'm sorry. :(

12/20/2011 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Thranduil Oropherion Redux militaryhistory
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member