Of Cabbages and Kings
Looking for intelligent life at Fanfiction Net? We feature something for everyone: casual chat, serious discussion, debate, fun and games, and that delicious wank. Are you ready to play with the big dogs? Come inside, come inside!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Nimbus Llewelyn

*nods* Leave enough monkeys with typewriters for long enough and they will inevitably type out the secret diaries of Sarah Palin.

5/9/2012 #5,101
militaryhistory

Okay, Sy, I have to ask: what's your problem with movies that are against the very type of thing you're talking about? What movies would you prefer to see made?

And what exactly did you try to do during your headlong dive into ritual magic?

@Nimbus: That he has good ideas isn't surprising--Sy doesn't deny facts, he simply attributes their causes to ancient conspiracies of the rich and powerful. No event or trend is caused randomly, all of it either part of or a reaction to the plan.

Although, Sy, if I may ask, have these guys ever been opposed directly by someone who didn't openly believe that a conspiracy existed?

5/9/2012 #5,102
Nimbus Llewelyn

Okay, Sy, I have to ask: what's your problem with movies that are against the very type of thing you're talking about? What movies would you prefer to see made?

The Everything-Dan-Brown-can-think-of-whilst-high movie?

*snickers and mutters something about succubae and incubae*

5/9/2012 #5,103
R. Zancan

I'm quite curious as to why you think it's even worth asking someone who's a conspiracy theorist any questions? You know you won't get any sense out of him!

5/9/2012 #5,104
Morthoron

I'm quite curious as to why you think it's even worth asking someone who's a conspiracy theorist any questions? You know you won't get any sense out of him!

The entertainment value. Think of it this way: it's like watching a 3D movie, except instead of wearing 3D glasses, everyone puts on tinfoil hats!

5/9/2012 #5,105
Nimbus Llewelyn

The entertainment value. Think of it this way: it's like watching a 3D movie, except instead of wearing 3D glasses, everyone puts on tinfoil hats!

What Morth said. We don't expect sense. It's like watching SNL and expecting Planet Earth, so we just enjoy the SNL. And Morth, no one wears distributed tin foil hats, didn't you know that the Illuminati use them to steal people's minds for a giant soul eating computer.

5/9/2012 #5,106
Thranduil Oropherion Redux

Good morning.

Monkeys and typewriters!

Not exactly, Rach. I've spent a lot of time talking to Sy, and while I'm not convinced, I wouldn't dismiss what he says entirely. If he's a conspiracy theorist, I'm a conspiracy theorist 'lite'. I'm old enough to see how life has changed for the worse over the past thirty or so years, and it's the result of people being told one thing while another quietly happens.

5/9/2012 #5,107

Although, Sy, if I may ask, have these guys ever been opposed directly by someone who didn't openly believe that a conspiracy existed?

That's an interesting question. First of all you'd have to believe that the conspiracy actually existed. And second, you'd have to find an example of a believer opposing them openly. There are one or two examples I could cite, but they would be totally un-PC.

Now me, I chalk it all up to plain old greed, complacency, and self-delusion.

5/9/2012 #5,108
militaryhistory

to Nimbus: Consider it a matter of historical curiosity.

to Randy: I'm with you there--I don't think there's been an organized conspiracy to cause most of the junk that's happened, but I do think there are people who've taken advantage of it.

5/9/2012 #5,109
IggyCopperfield

But at least you're not banging on about how 9/11 or 7/7 never happened.

Don't you mean the 9/11, 7/7, 11-M, and 26/11 terrorist attacks? The non anglo saxon countries have been hit too.

5/9/2012 . Edited 5/9/2012 #5,110

Oy -- All the new names are making me dizzy. Is that you, George?

But at least you're not banging on about how 9/11 or 7/7 never happened.

DOn't you mean the 9/11, 7/7, 11-M, and 26/11 terrorist attacks. The non anglo saxon countries have been hit too.

In Sy's defense, he never said they didn't happen. He has said that 9/11 was an inside job designed to lead us into war and a financial meltdown that certain folks could profit from. The farthest I would ever go is that the Bush administration had warnings which they ignored, and that is because i was taught in my rather conservative prep school that FDR allowed Pearl Harbor to happen because he needed an excuse to get the US into WWII. (I'm not sure I believe that one either.) I personally think it was a case of simple incompetence.

5/9/2012 #5,111
Nimbus Llewelyn

No, it isn't george.

5/9/2012 #5,112
IggyCopperfield

Oy -- All the new names are making me dizzy. Is that you, George?

I'm definitely a saurus.

5/9/2012 #5,113

No, it isn't george.

In that case, would Flamerisingassaurus kindly introduce itself? Are you someone we already know?

Edit: Oh, Christ -- never mind. Troll away, my friend!

5/9/2012 . Edited 5/9/2012 #5,114
IggyCopperfield

I don't know. Do you really know me?

Edit: Oh, Christ -- never mind. Troll away, my friend!

I'm sometimes referred to God, and Jesus by my friends.

5/9/2012 . Edited 5/9/2012 #5,115
Nimbus Llewelyn

I do. Hello Phoenix :).

5/9/2012 #5,116
Nimbus Llewelyn

Those close to me are permitted to call me Thor.

5/9/2012 . Edited 5/9/2012 #5,117
IggyCopperfield

Trolololol, nope! I'm 100% cereal too.

5/9/2012 #5,118
IggyCopperfield

You must be doing some heavy defending in your spare time. I'm more likened to Eros by my friends. Maybe it's because I was a male 2007-2009, female Nov 2011-March 2012, female presently. But I outed I was a bi female to my friendsr, who already knew, sometime last year. No one can top that sexual orientation.

5/9/2012 . Edited 5/9/2012 #5,119
Nimbus Llewelyn

I was quoting you, moron. :p

Know when you're caught.

5/9/2012 #5,120
IggyCopperfield

Quoting what?

The hilarious part is you're 100% wrong. For realz. But you can believe what you want. When the real Phoenix comes along it will be even more lulzy.

5/9/2012 . Edited 5/9/2012 #5,121
Nimbus Llewelyn

You can operate two accounts at once, you know.

5/9/2012 #5,122
Nimbus Llewelyn

You can operate two accounts at once, you know.

EDIT: *headdesk*

5/9/2012 . Edited 5/9/2012 #5,123
IggyCopperfield

Of course I can. That's not what I mean.

The real Phoenix will probably be pretending to some little girl or something at that time.

But eh what do I care?

Edit: Unless you want me to make my 22 year old cousin log in to flirt with you to prove something. That would be very lulzy.

5/9/2012 . Edited 5/9/2012 #5,124

I don't know. Do you really know me?

Does anyone really know anyone on the net?

5/9/2012 #5,125
IggyCopperfield

Touché

5/9/2012 #5,126
Nimbus Llewelyn

Edit: Unless you want me to make my 22 year old cousin log in to flirt with you to prove something. That would be very lulzy.

*snerk* As most C&K regulars will tell you, I'll just flirt back.

5/9/2012 #5,127
IggyCopperfield

In that case, maybe I'll try to contact my cousin. But my money is on Phoenix being Bootsie.

5/9/2012 . Edited 5/9/2012 #5,128

I just had a sweet thing happen. My horses are out on the lawn grazing, now that the pasture is all torn up -- I won't have to do much mowing for a while. Anyway, Buns asked me to look out and check them to make sure they weren't up to any mischief like breaking ropes and leaving the property. So I looked out and there was Ginger, behaving herself. And then I looked at the smaller grazing body and thought -- whoa, that isn't Shasta. I found him in the back. The two horses and a deer were all grazing peacefully on the grass together.

5/9/2012 #5,129
Nimbus Llewelyn

Aww. How did the deer taste?

5/9/2012 #5,130
« Prev Page 1 .. 161 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 181 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Thranduil Oropherion Redux militaryhistory
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member