Bellatrix Lestrange: The Dark Lord's Most Faithful
This forum is dedicated to Bellatrix Lestrange, her family and the Death Eaters. We have general conversations as well as debates and challenges. So, feel free to come in- grab a glass of lemonade and enjoy! All welcome!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »

I have recieved permission from Az to start a Topic dedicated to your favorite songs. When you post, please include the Youtube link to it.

Some my personal favorites are:

Born Free by Kid Rock

Shelter Me by Tab Benoit

Won't Get Fooled Again by The Who

and Enter Sandman by Metallica

7/10/2011 #1
Gamma Orionis

Okay, here are some of my favourites:

All Souls Night by Loreena McKennitt

One of Us by Joan Osborne

Darkness by Blackmore's Night

Daddy I'm Fine by Sinead O'Connor

Grow a Pear by Ke$ha

Bad Boy by Cascada

Listen to the Rain by Evanescence

7/10/2011 #2
Lady Eleanor Boleyn

Where do you want me to start? I'll give you the first ten I randomly click on from my Youtube favourites list...

Oom Pah Pah from Oliver

Valerie by Amy Winehouse

Mary's Song by Taylor Swift

On My Own from Les Miserables

Like A Rose On The Grave Of Love by Xandria

The Best Day by Taylor Swift

The Scientist by Coldplay

Amazing Grace (Leann Rimes Version)

The Rose by Amanda McBroom (sung by Bette Midler)

Colours Of The Wind from Pocahontas

Hope all the links work...more to follow whenever I get bored...

7/10/2011 #3

Krypotonite by 3 Doors Down.

Monster by Skillet.

Shoot to thrill By AC/DC.

Disturbia by Rihanna.

Poker face by Lady GaGa.

Walk of life by Dire Straits.

Devil went down to Georgia by Charlie Daniels Band.

Just a few...might post more later :P

7/10/2011 #4

Let's see... favourites...

Gosh, I have too many to even name. Here are just a few songs that I'm really enjoying listening to right now. Mostly lots of upbeat dancy stuff. ^^

Time to Win - Down With Webster

She's Dope - Down With Webster

Automatic - Danny Fernandes f. Belly

Judas - Lady Gaga

Bloody Mary - Lady Gaga

Fire in Your New Shoes - Kaskade f. Dragonette

I Get Around - Dragonette

7/10/2011 #5

Oh, and here's my suggestion. Just posting links to songs is fun enough but gets a bit dull. We ought to discuss music here too!

So... yeah. *waits for discussion to happen*

7/10/2011 #6

Liz: Ok. In that case, I personally believe that Jason Aldean is the best Country Rock artist out there.

7/10/2011 #7

Ben: Can I just say, you are really sweet and everything and I appreciate your thinking, but you don't need to ask a moderator to create a new topic. As long as the topic you create isn't offensive and isn't the exact same as another topic then as an admin, I am more or less fine with it. :)

Eleanor: On My Own by Les Mis.. I love it! 3.. I also like Bring Him Home and Castle on A Cloud as well :)

My favourite songs.. My favourite songs change all the time, but here are the ones that I am currently liking loads as well as a few others which I don't listen to as much, but whenever I have shuffle on, if they come on.. I am like: Yay!...

In The Middle Of The Night]- Within Temptation

Take A Bow- Muse

Protege Moi- Placebo

Sinead- Within Temptation

Lacrymosa- Evanescence

Bad Romance -The Glee Version...

Lose Control- Evanescence

Algo Pequenito – Daniel Diges

Three Words- Cheryl Cole ft. Will.I.Am (I only like this one because it reminds me of my best male friend and we used to randomly sing parts of it when we came home from school because it was in my head when it first came out, so yeah.. whenever I hear it and if I had to attach a song to my friend it would be this one.Though.. just ignore the words because I am cringing a bit thinking about them.)

7/11/2011 #8

Gamz: Grow a Pear is such a hilarious song! I never thought you'd be one to like Ke$ha, but hey, what do I know?

Ben: I've never heard of him. Of course, I don't really like much country music, so that's probably why... =P

Link us some songs, boy!

E'ryone: So, I realized that my list of favourites up there is severely lacking in Epic Badassery! So, here are a couple epically badass songs for y'all. ^^

Holy Diver - Dio

Immigrant Song - Led Zeppelin

Oh, and since I expect this would be the place to ask: Do any of you guys have writing playlists you'd like to share? Or if you've used specific songs for certains fics, link those? =)

7/11/2011 #9

Liz: No problem. I'll get you some of his songs in a second.

7/11/2011 #10

Here's some of Jason Aldeans songs. Tell me what ya think:

My Kinda Party

She's Country

7/11/2011 #11
Gamma Orionis

Liz: Yeah, I'm a freaking enigma. I don't think I'm really supposed to like her, but I do :)

Okay, I'm insanely bored (and procrastinating) so... here's my list of my five favourite song parodies (Because half the time, they're better than the originals).

Glitter Puke (Parody of Tik Tok by Ke$ha)

Good Morning Voldemort (Parody of Good Morning Baltimore from Hairspray)

Party in the CIA (Parody of Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus)

Bieber Fever (Parody of Baby by The Canadian Who Must Not Be Named)

Brutus (Parody of Judas by Lady Gaga)

7/11/2011 #12

Ben: Well, I didn't really like them that much, as country music does nothing for me, but I will say that I really liked the opening guitar bit of She's Country. ^^

Gamz: I have a shameful confession.

I like some of Justin Bieber's songs. D: I won't link them, for the sanity of the forum at large, but I do like them. =/

7/11/2011 #13

Liz: The opening of She's Country is pretty cool.

Bieber: Say it isn't so Liz!

7/11/2011 #14
Gamma Orionis

Shame on you, Lizzie! Shame! Shame!

*Sigh* I suppose I shouldn't be so unkind. After all, I wouldn't tell a meth addict how horrible she is for being addicted. I must be sympathetic, kind, and get you into rehab fast.

7/11/2011 #15

Gamma: If you wish, I'll supply Back in Black by ACDC for rehab.

7/11/2011 #16
Gamma Orionis

Do, Ben, do. Anything you think might help.

7/11/2011 #17

Ben: It is true. I'm so sorry.

Gamz: But how can you not like this? It's such a great song!

And pshh, I don't need rehab. Didn't you see my Badass Songs? That should work well enough to counter the Biebs.

7/11/2011 #18

Here's some heavy metal and outlaw country. It's sure to cure an addiction to Bieber.

Back in Black

Enter Sandman

Get off on the Pain

Let me know if it helps.

7/11/2011 #19
Gamma Orionis

Liz:  But it's so... *Splutters* elementary!!!

7/11/2011 #20

Gamz: dear Watson?

Well yeah, sure it's elementary, but so are a lot of other songs I like (and you like. Ke$ha, Gammy dear?) so I don't see the problem. I mean, it's not as if I lurrrve him or anything. I actually think he's really unpleasant looking. -__-

So there. Now if you're really so offended by my Bieber-like, listen to the other songs I linked. *huffs*

(Oh, and Brutus was hi-larious, by the way. xDDD)

7/11/2011 #21
Gamma Orionis

Liz: I know! I'm not supposed to like Ke$ha! I'm sorry! *Sobs*.

Well, as long as you're not obsessive, I suppose it's not really my problem *Sigh*.

But watch this

7/11/2011 #22
Lamia of the Dark

I have to many favorite songs to go searching for youtube links to all of them. :\

7/11/2011 #23
Expecting Rain

can someone tell me how to do fancy links like that? I don't know how. :(

7/11/2011 #24

The explaining machine is here!

One: Write the text you want linked.

Two: Copy the link you wish to have the text linked to

Three: Highlight the text

Four: Click the chain-looking thing at the top of the text box, beside where it says 'styles'

Five: Paste the link where it says, click okay, or done, whatever, and Voila! =D

Gamz: OMG. That video made me LAUGH! xDDD

7/11/2011 #25
Expecting Rain

Yayyy!!! Thank you!! Let's hope this works - here are a few of my favorite songs.

I've Just Seen A Face - the Beatles

Love Minus Zero/No Limit - Bob Dylan

Diamonds and Rust - Joan Baez

Radio, Radio - Elvis Costello

The Calculation - Regina Spektor

Another Traveling Song - Bright Eyes

Mardy Bum - Arctic Monkeys

I'm Not Calling You A Liar - Florence and the Machine

The Cave - Mumford and Sons

7/11/2011 #26
Expecting Rain

Yay it worked! Well, mostly.

I'm not too familiar with a lot of these! Here are a few of my musical opinions on the ones I do know. :)

Won't Get Fooled Again - love ittt

Taylor Swift - like her in small doses

Colors of the Wind - Pocahontas was one of my favorite movies as a kid. My grandma made me a Pocahontas dress and I wore it constantly. I love this song!

Dire Straits - I like them! Romeo and Juliet is my favorite.

Lady Gaga - like her in small doses, or in a club or at a party

I'll have to go check out the rest of these one of these days - right now I'm blaring Mumford and Sons and don't want to turn off my iTunes.

Liz - I have a playlist going for a fic I'm brainstorming now. Who knows if I'll ever get around to writing it, but picking out songs that fit the characters and the situations is a fun way to get a feel for what I want it to be like. How about you? :)

7/11/2011 #27

Erikkie: Ooh, I love I've Just Seen a Face! (Well just The Beatles in general, lol.)

Ooooh, what's the fic you're brainstorming? I love that idea though -- picking songs that fit characters and situations -- I've never done it that way!

I only have a playlist for one fic, mostly because it's so long that I need music to get me in the proper mood to write it. All depressing French music, actually! Do you have a specific song that sort of encapsulates everything for your fic-to-be? For me it's this awfully sadgry (sad + angry) song.

7/12/2011 #28
Expecting Rain

I'm just brainstorming so far, but it would be about the Black sisters in their last years of Hogwarts, probably focusing on Andromeda. I've been reading so many Black-sisters-at-Hogwarts fics and I love them, so I've been thinking of trying it out for myself. Gossip Girl is also a major inspiration, for drama and social climbing and fancy parties. I might have Rita Skeeter as a Gossip Girl figure, not sure how I would work that in though. But Ted = Lonely Boy, without the eventual acceptance by Upper East Side society of course! But we'll see if I ever get it written - I have a bad habit of not finishing things, and I have a half-finished fic that I want to finish before I start posting anything multichapter. Hmm, a song that encapsulates the dramatic Tedromeda feeling I'm going for would probably be Ingrid Michaelson's cover of Can't Help Falling In Love With You. (I'm so excited that you taught me how to post links here, by the way!)

I like the song you posted! It is very sadry and dramatic, I can just picture it in the background during a climactic scene, like a dramatic dance for a troubled Chuck and Blair (or Bellatrix and Rodolphus?) type couple at a formal ball. I do not understand the words in the least, though!

7/12/2011 #29

Rikz: I would LOVE to see that! =)

7/12/2011 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: xoxLewrahxox D-eadLovers, The Bellatrix Lestrange Forum, TuesdayNovember, Expecting Rain, Inkfire, madamedarque, Xx starlight-moon xX, Yesha Thorn
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member