Woman of the Bible
Come to talk about the good and bad woman of the Bible
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
Ladychristythenoble

Esther is my hero because she was unwavering in her faith even when faced with death she said "If I perish, I perish."

My admiration for her grew when I watched one night with the king I finished the movie and i was like wow I want to be like her, and i want God to use me like that.

So what do you guys think about Queen Esther of Persia (Sorry couldn't help myself:D

2/10/2009 #1
broadwayfreak123

Esther is my favorite Bible character, although character isn't exactly the right word since she was the real deal. She stood up for what she believed in, even though there was a pretty good chance she could have died for it. I find that pretty amazing. Also, she was one of the only respected women Bible stories. Sure we had Mary, Jesus' mom, and we had Ruth, and Deborah, but if you think about it, that's three out of 64 Bible stories.

3/19/2009 #2
Ladychristythenoble

Did you watch one night with the king? Sure Mary, Ruth, and Deborah could have been persecuted but, not killed, I thinnk thats why I love her so much.

3/22/2009 #3
broadwayfreak123

No, I've heard of great things about it, though.

3/23/2009 #4
Ladychristythenoble

Ya I'd defenitly recomend it, it is very romantiac, and beautifuly done. What do you like best about Esther's story?

3/24/2009 #5
broadwayfreak123

I really like the fact that Esther was scared, and really didn't want to approach the king, but did anyway because she knew it was right. That right there is some serious christianity.

3/25/2009 #6
Ladychristythenoble

Amen! Do you think the king and Esther had a romantic relashionship?

I like to think that just because I;m a hopeless romantic ;D

3/25/2009 #7
broadwayfreak123

=-D I think that after Esther had the responsibility of her people off her shoulders, they might have.

3/28/2009 #8
Ladychristythenoble

Oh la la :D I like to think that even though people think xrexes (sp?) was like 80. I'm happy the Bible doesn't say, gives more room for the imagenation :D

4/1/2009 #9
broadwayfreak123

Lol, he could very well have been, but like you stated, the Bible doesn't say, so he could have been twelve for all we know.

4/2/2009 #10
Ladychristythenoble

he he Sorry Just thinking of a 12 year old as king. "Go get me lots of beautiful women that are much older then me and I;m to imature to handle this" Sorry I just got a funny picture there :D

4/3/2009 #11
broadwayfreak123

Lol, you're right. I was just being a little over dramatic ;-D.

4/4/2009 #12
Ladychristythenoble

I know I'm like that too :D I just got such a funny pic. there :D

4/4/2009 #13
broadwayfreak123

Yeah, that would be really funny. I was thinking of a play I did a while ago. I was Esther, and this ten-year-old guy was playing Xerxes. Ugh, he ws disgusting! Anyway, yeah, I was just remembering that.

4/6/2009 . Edited 4/6/2009 #14
Ladychristythenoble

he he that's funny You look down at him and say "I ask my life to be given me at my petition and my people at my request, your Majesty "

4/6/2009 #15
broadwayfreak123

Yeah, that was funny. I was so much older than him, and I'm tall for my age too, so it looked really weird. Ugh, he was a pretty bad planner too. During the feast, we had real food so he stuffed his face during my line, and had to chew and swallow when he was supposed to be saying his.

4/6/2009 #16
Ladychristythenoble

*bursts into peals of giggles* oh my that is just too funny i can just see him with big chipmunk cheeks he he :D

4/7/2009 #17
broadwayfreak123

Lol, yeah. It kinda was, except it kinda messed up the scene. =-p Oh, well.

4/7/2009 #18
Ladychristythenoble

ya that would kinda stink, oh well now you have a story to tell your grand kids :D

4/8/2009 #19
broadwayfreak123

Lol, true!

4/8/2009 #20
Ladychristythenoble

What is your favorite line Esther says, Mine is "If, I perish, I perish"

4/9/2009 #21
broadwayfreak123

I don't really know. I guess almost anything she said was really elagant, and brave. I really can't pick.

4/9/2009 #22
ImagingThings

I haven't seen that movie you're talking about... But still... she's a cool chick! Honestly... do you think anyone today would dare venture into a room, knowing that the result could be death? I for one... would not!

6/11/2009 #23
Ladychristythenoble

no neither would I unless I knew H ewould spare my life.

6/12/2009 #24
BookObsesserNumberOne

I watched One Night with the King a while ago. I liked how it really accentuated what Esther had done. To most of us Christians, it's just another story in the Bible, but the Jews have a holiday for it, and the Jewish society for women is named the Hadassah something. Sorry if any of my information is faulty.

1/31/2010 #25
Ladychristythenoble

in a way it is just another story, but a story we can all learn from, I mean some of us need a little bit of courage in or life every now and then :D

3/1/2010 #26
Maliya Wong

--

3/6/2010 . Edited 2/5/2013 #27
Maliya Wong

--

3/6/2010 . Edited 2/5/2013 #28
Ladychristythenoble

Your entitled to your opinon and I have mine, I loved One night With the king both book and Movie.

Your absoultly right, Vashti dared to stand up to the king, and I also to some degree her respect for that. But Esther had respect for the king, her husband, her God, and her people.

3/7/2010 #29
Maliya Wong

--

3/7/2010 . Edited 2/5/2013 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: Ladychristythenoble
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member