Veritaville
we are the Veritas. By definition, the Veritas are not a cult, we are a political party dedicated to trying to make the fandom a better place. Or just chatting. Whatever strikes us.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Zoe Nightshade

What are your thoughts on Percabeth? I tend to not like too much romance, but there are some good ones. I HATE the ones that are written clearly so OOC, weepy, daughter of Aphrodite-like Annabeth and OOC, sex-crazy Percy will fall into each other's arms at the end.

4/18/2009 #1
Caramel Kryptonite

Oh yes, those are horrible. I like when it's a. angst ridden or b. just in the story and not the whole plot. Though, as with everything, there are exceptions. I hate when the Aphrodite cabin give Annabeth a make over and Percy is all like 'dur annie u lok prudy!' I've seen that thousands of times :P Ick.

4/18/2009 #2
Zoe Nightshade

Yeah, and Annabeth won't burst into tears and run away for love. She's smart.

4/18/2009 #3
Caramel Kryptonite

Yeah, that's annoying. It's also annoying when Percy suddenly kisses her and they make out... I mean WTF? That is SO OOC!

4/20/2009 #4
Zoe Nightshade

I know, right? Also, I hate the ones where they are like normal teenagers being boyfriend and girlfriend. They are half-bloods. They aren't normal.

6/5/2009 #5
Noctilucous

Eh, no comment on Percabeth. Can't really find where the fun is...hehe. And I don't know why people are so obsessed with it.

6/10/2009 #6
Zoe Nightshade

I'm okay with them being a little more than just friends, but I like the way it is written in the series.

6/10/2009 #7
Noctilucous

Yeah, not some stupid OOC romance...it's just plain ugh.

6/11/2009 #8
Zoe Nightshade

Yeah, and when they kiss like Romeo and Juliet, ugh! So OOC.

6/11/2009 #9
Noctilucous

Romeo and Juliet is so not Percy and Annabeth. I hate OOC-ness.

6/11/2009 #10
The Damned Amongst the Blessed

Completaly agree with ya OCC-ness is just... i dont kno but its not good!

6/11/2009 #11
Zoe Nightshade

Yeah, and those ones where the whole point is to get OOC Percy and OOC Annabeth into each other's arms!

6/11/2009 #12
Noctilucous

"Percy, I love you!"

"Annabeth, I love you too!"

And they kissed each-other passionately. THE END. Ugh, ugh, and more ugh.

6/12/2009 #13
Zoe Nightshade

So OOC.

6/12/2009 #14

Its enough to make u want to gag

6/12/2009 #15
Zoe Nightshade

Yeah, and have you ever seen the ones where they switch POVs every sentence?

6/12/2009 #16

Yes i cant stand those

6/12/2009 #17
Zoe Nightshade

That sign drives me nuts.

6/12/2009 #18
Noctilucous

I have seen them. They're not just driving me nuts, they're driving me to the point where I wanna bang my head repeatedly to the wall.

Stop OOC-ness!

6/14/2009 #19
Noctilucous

Yep, the sign "Mary-Sue POV" "Gary-Sue POV" is plain annoying. Did the author thinks that we, as the readers, are too stupid to guess whose POV it is or it's just the author who's plain stupid?

I think the second one.

6/14/2009 #20
Zoe Nightshade

I always suggest third person. Actually, there is one POV story I like, but the only thing I don't like baout it is that it uses POVs. Other than that, I really like it.

6/14/2009 #21
Noctilucous

Third person is great and easy to write. I tried to use my characters' POV, but ended up screwing everything, so I stopped and write everything in third person.

What's it's about? Can you give me the link please?

6/20/2009 #22
Zoe Nightshade

I have a few stories using different POVs, but without the sign. The story is Jacob Spark and the Quest to End All Quests.

It might not be that great. ihaven't read it in a long time, but I remember thinking that it was pretty good even though tit had POVs. I read it when I was a fanfiction novice, so you will see some wimpy reviews from me.

6/21/2009 #23
Noctilucous

Me too, but for later chapters I stopped it. I stopped writing in first person too.

I checked the first chapter and...frankly, I didn't like it. Too RR-ish and in my opinion, kind of unoriginal. I like PJO stories that out of the box and using the writer's own style. Hahahaha I'm still an FF novice too, you know? lol.

6/23/2009 #24
Zoe Nightshade

You should see some of my first stories which are all crap. Actually, all my stories are. I am thinking of just stopping writing.

6/23/2009 #25
Musafreen

Different POVs are bearable, but I don't like it when they switch every two paragraphs. Really annoying.

And as for first person POV, I've used it a grand total of maybe once. It's easier, in some ways; you can meander and skip all the descriptions (which I hate).

Oh gods. I'm babbling again, aren't I?

6/25/2009 #26
Noctilucous

No, don't stop writing, Zoe Nightshade! I think your writings are very good. Not your first stories, but the stories you wrote later on. That's why I favorited you ^^

Musafreen, I agree with you. That just made me want to scream, "Stop it, bloody idiot! You hurt my eyes!" Easier for you, but not for me. I personally thinks that it's hard, lol. Well, I suck at details too, but I tried to improve it, and I think I do quite well.

No, you don't babble at all. You should've seen me babble! lmao.

6/26/2009 #27

Zoe why would u stop?!?!?!?! ur storys r all awesome!

6/26/2009 #28
Awsome-o

Ya percybeth is way over the top here I think the book did it well. Ever notice how the worst writers are ones that love percybeth, while the best don't love it.

7/17/2009 #29
Zoe Nightshade

Hi, just came back from a month of camp. Wow, my typing skills suck after so long. Anyway, I think I will stop writing my pathetic stories, and maybe even put an apology note at the top of the first chapter. I will keep going on the okay ones.

Yeah, I've found that people with Percabeth obsessions don't make very good PJO fandom writers. Not saying there aren't any good writers who happen to like Percabeth, but for the most part, that's true.

Also, just putting this out there. Here's what to do when you want to see if someone is a good writer:

Check their favorites list. If there are so many that it seems that the person puts every story they read on their favs, they might not be such a good writer. Also, if they have like 50 stories on their favs and they are brand new to the site...

Check their stories, of course. Also, check their author's notes. Those tell a lot about a person, you know.

If their bio has a lot of bad grammar and/or junk, they might not be the best writer. Of course, some great writers have bad grammar or junk on their profile, but if it looks like a really long forum board full of errors...

7/22/2009 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: storm-brain Your Sugar Sits Untouched, Kay Celestine, Aish Sheva, hecates
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member