Veritaville
we are the Veritas. By definition, the Veritas are not a cult, we are a political party dedicated to trying to make the fandom a better place. Or just chatting. Whatever strikes us.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »
Zoe Nightshade

What? Don't leave the fandom!

American schools are pretty messed up too. We are...I don't know, but compared to other countries, we're dumb. Also, the public school system is terrible. Well, my school is and I have heard that others are as well.

3/21/2010 #211
hecates

I'll still be on PJO, just not as often. :{ Don't cry, Ellen! Why are you crying?

I have no idea who's British on here. I know a Welsh person, but no British people. I'll go to you for help on Chiron and Clarisse, though, don't worry. :D Wonder what an Irish accent sounds like, because I'm starting to love Irish Thalia...

3/21/2010 #212
hecates

I'll be on for nine more months, don't worry.

And don't go dissing on American schools. We're only 'dumb' because we take in everyone. Other countries, they only accept the best. They give out a test and if you don't make the final cut, you're gone. We take in everyone, whether or not they're future Einsteins.

3/21/2010 #213
Deleted84493

I can deal with English too, I have quite a few English close friends.

Irish is the most amazing accent known to man. End of. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3rNP7M_6Ys Second guy talking = Irish, not the best example, but the only one I could remember.

3/21/2010 #214
hecates

Thalia's totally going to be Irish. That's all I can say.

But Simon Cowell's accent is pretty kick-ass.

3/21/2010 #215
Deleted84493

So any plot for PJO British? XD It sounds awesome already.

3/21/2010 #216
hecates

Um, books completely rewritten so that they are in the UK? *cough*Imsooriginal*cough* I don't know, really. I'll think of something?

3/21/2010 #217
Deleted84493

*Snigger* Goodluck

BTW

http:// nine . frenchboys . net / ffnet . php

Take out the spaces, it's totally worth a look, XD

3/21/2010 #218
SisterGrimmErin

Why not do OCs? It would be culturally accurate.

3/21/2010 #219
Zoe Nightshade

Yeah, remember the "flame" is over America. So what would the whole monster situation be like if a half-blood was in Scotland?

3/21/2010 #220
hecates

T^T They don't like the idea, Ellen. :{

(Erm, we could make it AU . . .?)

3/21/2010 #221
Deleted84493

:'(

Yeah, but if the flame moved then so would everything, so monsters would be the same, right?

-I would say AU is a good bet with British Percabeth-

3/21/2010 #222
hecates

-Glares- It's going to be Thuke, Perachel, and Annabeth x Travis.

3/21/2010 #223
Zoe Nightshade

Huh? I never said I didn't like the idea, Theia. I do like the idea.

3/21/2010 #224
hecates

Tsch, I knew that.

3/21/2010 #225
The Fox Queen

Why not just make up the monsters and make them seem believable? Isn't that what you're doing, for Underestimated, Theia?

3/21/2010 #226
SisterGrimmErin

I don't ship Percy/Rachel.

My problem with it? Changing a character's nationality doesn't just change the setting- it changes the character.

That said, I'd be cool with it if it had no plot, just not a British rewrite of the series. Crack!AU could be adorable.

3/21/2010 #227
hecates

I ship Percy/Katie. Heh, a messed up Percy/Clarisse (if well written) would be fine by me, but that's never going to happen because all we have is Nico x Mary Sue and OMGZ PERCABETH!!!1!one!eleven!

You know what, Ellen? Why is it that all the British/French/Italian people have posh accents but Americans are stuck with boring voices? That's so unfair.

3/21/2010 #228
SisterGrimmErin

Southern American accents are adorable. Plus, every region of the world has an accent. Ask Ellen- she thinks my American accent is adorable.

I've read Percy/Clarisse, but it was OOC smut for the most part.

3/21/2010 #229
Zoe Nightshade

I can't picture American accents thought of as adorable, but then again, maybe that is what people with English accents think.

I have read Percy/Clarisse fics too and, like Erin, think that it would take a miracle to make it not OOC. I don't ship Percy/Katie because one, she was such a minor character that there really isn't too much on her personality, and two, it seems a bit OOC.

3/21/2010 #230
SisterGrimmErin

I agree, Zoe. Yeah, there's no way to do Percy/Clarisse seriously that stays true to the character dynamics.

3/21/2010 #231
Zoe Nightshade

Yes. I think that the only reason people do Percy/Clarisse is because it's random. I mean, some people do pairings because they think one of the people in the pair is "awesome" like NicoxOC, but I casn't imagine anyone thinking that about CLarisse.

I can picture Clarisse becoming less aggressive when she gets older. Maybe there could be a fic where Percy and Clarisse get along.

3/21/2010 #232
Editor Called Antrevine

Hey guys, sorry I poofed. Will you all check out my story?

I know it can be better, but judge me on the PLOT and I will focus on grammar later. And if you review, don't use my name XD http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2788007/1/

3/21/2010 #233
Deleted84493

Theia! I'm sorry! Laptop overheated.

Everyone hates their own accent, and Erin's right, American is pretty damn awesome :D

3/22/2010 #234
SisterGrimmErin
Hey, bb. <3 XD I don't hate my own accent, but that's me. Clarisse and Chris are cuter than Percy and Clarisse. No, Clarisse is much more than a mere bully. She's a badass, and will continue to be a badass for the rest of her life.
3/22/2010 #235
Deleted84493

Maybe hates to strong a word, but almost everyone finds everyone elses cooler, no? Like a grass is always greener situation?

3/22/2010 #236
SisterGrimmErin

Maybe, yeah.

3/22/2010 #237
pineconeface711

American accents are just fine. I especially love those nice little southern accents. But New England accents I've had enough of.

3/22/2010 #238
hecates

HAHAHA! The PR has a Facebook page! Be a doll and become a fan? -is hopeful-

Southern accents are the best. I've never heard any other interesting American accents, though.

3/24/2010 #239
SisterGrimmErin

FACEBOOK IS FOR CONFORMISTS. AND IS BORING. Sorry, Theia.

I've been told my Northern accent is adorable- but I don't see it.

3/24/2010 #240
« Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: storm-brain Your Sugar Sits Untouched, Kay Celestine, Aish Sheva, hecates
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member