Veritaville
we are the Veritas. By definition, the Veritas are not a cult, we are a political party dedicated to trying to make the fandom a better place. Or just chatting. Whatever strikes us.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Awsome-o

Here is where you report trolls complain about them and speculate about them.

By the way. FIRSTIES, don't you hate when people do that and why don't people do secondies and thirdies and so on.

10/21/2009 #1
Awsome-o

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5459213/1/Juniper

Troll

10/22/2009 #2
Zoe Nightshade

Yes, trolls are terrible, but in a fandom as bad as the PJO fandom, how do you tell trolls from non-trolls?

10/22/2009 #3
SisterGrimmErin

I think you're being naive, Zoe. A lot of fandoms are just as bad. It's just that PJO is smaller and more insular. I definitely wouldn't say we're the worst.

Trolls are those who genuinely want to cause harm- non-trolls are those who think they're actually writing. Only way to find out is a cautious PM about a beta.

11/8/2009 . Edited 11/8/2009 #4
Zoe Nightshade

Well, the PJO fandom is one of the worst, I guess. Harry Potter is pretty bad, but since it is so big, it balances out...or so I've heard. Visiting other fandoms from time to time, I think that PJO has the most plain pathetic fics.

Problem with non-trolls is that so many people review well in pure crap, that the writers keep writing and when someone reviews honestly, in all those good reviews, it is nothing.

11/9/2009 #5
Avenger of the Olympian Flame

The story was deleted.

Oh well, search up some more.

I think the problem is, there are plenty stories with passable grammar and spelling, but their storyline sucks. Reviewers fail to notice, and make the author think he/she is the next RR...

But everyone flames trolls. Hopefully. Thats a small comfort.

1/15/2010 #6

The story was deleted.

Oh well, search up some more.

I think the problem is, there are plenty stories with passable grammar and spelling, but their storyline sucks. Reviewers fail to notice, and make the author think he/she is the next RR...

But everyone flames trolls. Hopefully. Thats a small comfort.

1/15/2010 #7
Bright Silver Lady of Midnight

Sheva has a better method. Just ignore them.

2/10/2010 #8
SisterGrimmErin

Does anyone else who personally knows Sheva find it hard to believe she flames?

2/20/2010 #9

Well I don't know her personally.

2/21/2010 #10
queenly

Nah. She's awesome both personality wise and flame wise.

2/21/2010 #11
SisterGrimmErin

On the level I know her, there seems to be a huge disparity between my Sheva and her flames. But that's me. Just wondering.

3/1/2010 #12
Lord Kelvin

Gosh, one unhappy person pops up and they are immediately given the honourable 'troll' label. Hogwash.

This is a troll, unlike that bored child: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1730364/Hans_von_Hozel

3/3/2010 #13
SisterGrimmErin

What do you mean?

3/5/2010 #14
Lord Kelvin

A small kid on a rampage to call you an idiot is not a troll, but just a small kid on a rampage? The linked author is a troll, and a pretty successful one.

3/5/2010 #15
SisterGrimmErin

Define troll. I'm not saying you're wrong- I just think there should be a definition.

3/7/2010 . Edited 3/7/2010 #16
Lord Kelvin

I dislike the term in general, so no definition for you. The closest I could define would be an online clown, someone that successfully causes outrage or other desired reaction via shenanigans or controversy over a considerable period of time without any interest other than amusement.

3/7/2010 #17
SisterGrimmErin

I dislike the label, too. Mm. Sounds fairly accurate.

3/7/2010 #18
Fishpony

The Hunger Games has some pretty bad stuff too. There are so many "interactive" fanfictions where the authors are too lazy to come up with their own characters. But I've seen very few Mary-Sues. Maybe because the Hunger Games is so full of violence, insecurity and trauma.

3/29/2010 #19
SisterGrimmErin

Rick Riordan wants to write a lot darker than he does, as Neko says. *maintains*

3/29/2010 #20
Fishpony

This guy wants people to flame one of his stories so he can make fun of them in later chapters. Apparently he thinks "flamers are gay". http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2161540/THA_musIc_GuY

3/30/2010 #21
Zoe Nightshade

I am definitely going to flame him. I don't know about any of you, but find 'gay' offensive when it isn't being used correctly.

3/30/2010 #22
SisterGrimmErin

If you don't flame him, he has nothing to make fun of.

And yes, Fishpony-- "gay" in a perjorative manner is wrong.

3/30/2010 #23
Fishpony

I know, I hate it when people say "Oh that is so gay." It looks like it doesn't say that on any of his stories anymore. but there is an anonymous reviewer called 'disciple of flamers are gay' which I guess could be him.

3/30/2010 #24
SisterGrimmErin

...I guess. Just ignore them is my recommendation.

3/30/2010 #25
storm-brain

I'm sorry, but calling someone gay shows that you have run out of insults.

Apparently Truman Capote was gay. Just, you know. Random fact of the day.

4/25/2010 #26
Zoe Nightshade

For all you people who are for gay marriage, my friend posted this on Facebook today: :So Larry King is getting his 8th divorce, Elizabeth Taylor is possibly getting married for a 9th time, Britney Spears' first marrage lasted just hours, Jesse James and Tiger Woods are... well... you know.... Yet the idea of same-sex marriage is what is going to destroy the institution of marriage?? REALLY??...Feel free to copy and paste if you agree!

4/25/2010 #27
SisterGrimmErin

Truman Capote was all gay, every day. Too bad. He and Harper Lee were damn cute.

There's a huge difference between legal and religious marriage, which both sides of the debate fail to emphasize.

4/25/2010 #28
Zoe Nightshade

No matter what, I'm for gay marriage.

4/25/2010 #29
SisterGrimmErin

Me too.

4/25/2010 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: storm-brain Your Sugar Sits Untouched, Kay Celestine, Aish Sheva, queenly
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member