Veritaville
we are the Veritas. By definition, the Veritas are not a cult, we are a political party dedicated to trying to make the fandom a better place. Or just chatting. Whatever strikes us.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
SilverCyanide

Stolen from the "POT stands for Pointless but Original Talking" forum who had someone steal it from an Ouran forum. I've been dying to introduce this game, so I have.

The rules are easy: you come up with five titles and five summaries. It could be titles and summaries that you're working on, or just something that you made up right on the spot. The titles could be even in other languages, but be sure to post the translation beside it!

The subject of the game is for the next poster to invent PJO related summaries based on the titles of previous poster and invent titles based upon the summaries. We know you, so don't dare skip any! ;P Use your imagination for all of them! When you're finished, come up with your own titles and summaries for the next poster so the game can continue.

Also note, if you are inspired and would like to use something that is written here, please contact the person(s) who created the summary/title or title/summary pair. Thanks!

Example:

Person 1:

Title: If Only, If Only

Summary: He had lost it all, everything he had ever valued. All in the blink of an eye and the flash of a wave.

Person 2:

Summary for "If Only, If Only": There were only so many minutes in a day, and Annabeth realized she never seemed to have enough.

Title for "*insert the summary*": Never Again.

Title: Rose-Tinted Windows

Summary: How he survived, he had no idea. But the fall hadn't killed him, and that was all that mattered.

I shall begin:

Titles:

1. Shards of Sea Glass

2. Two Much (typo intentional)

3. Much Ado About Everything

4. A Dream Deferred

5. Sitting, Waiting, Wishing

Summaries:

1. Percy spun around, once, twice, a third time. The world tilted, swirled, spun right in front of his eyes, but nothing changed. Nothing for the better.

2. So many people liked to compare romances to Shakespearean tales, a Romeo and Juliet mix. She preferred an entirely different set of associations.

3. He had set out in hopes of helping everyone, of figuring out just what was going on down there. By the time he'd come back he couldn't even remember his name.

4. Eyes flashed: light, dark, light, dark. It was supposed to be a partnership, a balance of givetakegivetake, but he was being forced to give instead of take.

5. "You smell like oranges and honeysuckle," he murmured, deeply inhaling the scent of the short, straw-colored hair.

6/13/2010 . Edited by storm-brain, 11/22/2010 #1
Ariadne's Twine

Summaries:

Shards of Sea Glass: She would always remember him. From the very first time she gazed upon him, that fateful day when she was twelve to that last, haunting image of him grasping the tip of the sword protruding from his stomach. Seaweed Brain. (Claimed by SilverCyanide... I think)

Two Much: Two mothers. Two houses. Two au pairs. Two schools in one year. For Rachel Elizabeth Dare, everything was two much.

Much Ado About Everything: Only one stood unfazed by all of the grief, sadness, and chaos. For Luke Castellan had been twisted too much.

A Dream Deferred: He sat. He waited. The silence was killing him. It was supposed to happen now, he had seen it in his dream. And as all demigods knew, their dreams were never just dreams.

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing: He sat on the edge of the Fields of Asphodel. He wished he knew when he was ten what he knew now. Because if Nico di Angelo could go back to that day, he wouldn't be waiting on his sister in the Underworld. More like the coffee shop on the corner.

Titles:

In the End: Percy spun around, once, twice, a third time. The world tilted, swirled, spun right in front of his eyes, but nothing changed. Nothing for the better.

The Eye of the Beholder: So many people liked to compare romances to Shakespearean tales, a Romeo and Juliet mix. She preferred an entirely different set of associations.

The Scarred Soul: He had set out in hopes of helping everyone, of figuring out just what was going on down there. By the time he'd come back he couldn't even remember his name.

The Times and Trials of Luke Castellan: Eyes flashed: light, dark, light, dark. It was supposed to be a partnership, a balance of givetakegivetake, but he was being forced to give instead of take.

Where the Heart Is: "You smell like oranges and honeysuckle," he murmured, deeply inhaling the scent of the short, straw-colored hair.

FOR THE UNLUCKY SOUL WHO COMES AFTER ME:

Titles:

1. The Heat of the Moment

2. If This Is It

3. Shiny, Happy People

4. The Bottom of the Ocean

5. The Temptest

Summaries:

1. He fell to the ground, gasping for air. "Please," he murmured. "Help me." She hovered above him, laughing. It was all for nothing.

2. She wrapped her arms around him. "Never leave me again," she whispered, and he knew that he wouldn't.

3. He looked out at the ocean and reflected on all that had changed. They were no longer kids, but not yet adults. The life of the in-between.

4. Looking back on his life, he knew that he wouldn't change a thing.

5. She missed the way he felt in her arms, the way his hair would fall into his eyes. She missed his voice and his eyes. She missed him.

GODSPEED.

6/13/2010 . Edited 7/21/2010 #2
Kap487

Um...what the heck, I may as well try.

Titles:

The Heat of the Moment: It was his inability to react that angered him most, especially considering that now that the horrors which had broken loose were his fault.

If This Is It: When one door closes, another opens. The only problem is when everything you want is behind the door that just closed. (Claimed by Rachel E. Dare)

Shiny, Happy People: Nine times out of ten, they were shiny, happy, people, and Nico was ready to murder every single one. (Also claimed by Rachel E. Dare.)

The Bottom of the Ocean: Annabeth had a nasty habit of winning bets.

The Tempest: "All right, " he said, infuriating smirk included, "let's see you compare this to a Shakesperean play."

Summaries:

Precautions: He fell to the ground, gasping for air. "Please," he murmured. "Help me." She hovered above him, laughing. It was all for nothing.

Anticipation: She wrapped her arms around him. "Never leave me again," she whispered, and he knew that he wouldn't.

Stability: He looked out at the ocean and reflected on all that had changed. They were no longer kids, but not yet adults. The life of the in-between.

Forward and Reverse: Looking back on his life, he knew that he wouldn't change a thing.

Returning: She missed the way he felt in her arms, the way his hair would fall into his eyes. She missed his voice and his eyes. She missed him.

And for those who come after, whoever they may be.

Titles:

1. Bitter Irony

2. Of Soccer and Sarcasm

3. All Bets are Off

4. Honesty

5. Omnia Vincit (Conquers all)

Summaries

1. They were totally, completely screwed. What's not to like? Perhaps it was the fact that a lot of people were going to be screwed along with them.

2. Despite what most half-bloods say, they do want to go on a quest. He was the exception. So it figures that he would be forced to go, dragged behind his best friend. And then there was the egomaniac to consider.

3. Focus is near impossible for a demigod. Retrospection is...farther along than that. So why was she sitting in a stuffy, cramped room writing her memoirs?

4. She didn't quite understand what the feeling was (and she was ready to murder anyone who suggested love) but it was nice nonetheless.

5. He knows his own flaws. Sometimes he can guess those of others. But hers...that would take thought.

6/23/2010 . Edited 6/25/2010 #3
Karma's Inferno

This looks like fun... I'm gonna try!

Bitter Irony: Funny. Clarisse had always mocked the others for being weak, for showing emotion. Now she wept at the grave of her only friend.

Of Soccer and Sarcasm: Life is hectic. Whether it's keeping her schedules organized, perfecting her newest blueprint, or keeping her three children in check, Annabeth is always on her toes.

All Bets are Off: Dania La Rue knew she was different. She didn't just stand out: Dania was a new breed of demigod. Growing up, no one knows what will become of this strange girl. All bets are off for this one-of-a-kind child.

Honesty: "Well, for starters, you're annoying, you're obnoxious, your feet smell, and you have bad breath after you eat tuna." One insult goes too far, and Percy and Annabeth find themselves tossing criticism around.

Omnia Vincit (Conquers All): Bravery. It was supposed to be some big thing with heroes. Percy knew he wasn't brave. He pretended, he tried. But putting on a show doesn't conquer anything.

Summaries

1. They were totally, completely screwed. What's not to like? Perhaps it was the fact that a lot of people were going to be screwed along with them. - Going Down With Me

2. Despite what most half-bloods say, they do want to go on a quest. He was the exception. So it figures that he would be forced to go, dragged behind his best friend. And then there was the egomaniac to consider. - Along For the Ride

3. Focus is near impossible for a demigod. Retrospection is...farther along than that. So why was she sitting in a stuffy, cramped room writing her memoirs? - To Remember Me

4. She didn't quite understand what the feeling was (and she was ready to murder anyone who suggested love) but it was nice nonetheless. - Uncharted Emotions

5. He knows his own flaws. Sometimes he can guess those of others. But hers...that would take thought. - Perfectly Flawed

Now my turn!

Titles:

1. A Midsummer's Nightmare

2. Whispers in the Night

3. Knight in Shining Armor

4. Bittersweet

5. Final Breath

Summaries:

1. She'd always been the one to look down at others. She thought she was better than anyone else, but even she was not invincible.

2. "You're dyslexic? Oh." They'd always said that in her job interviews. They looked down at her, as though she were incapable because of a minor drawback. But Annabeth was determined not to be held back.

3. Hades wasn't known for his generosity. When he summons Nico, the boy is suprised to find his father offering him one thing he has always longed for.

4. She hadn't thought she had a choice. Joining the Hunters was her back door, an escape from the prophecy. Now, Thalia Grace and her Hunters are like family.

5. Bullies are always insecure about something, and Clarisse La Rue was no different.

6/23/2010 . Edited 6/23/2010 #4
Ariadne's Twine

WHY IS NO ONE PLAYING? IT'S FUN!

6/26/2010 #5
Karma's Inferno

I know right? I have been bugging people like mad!

6/27/2010 #6
paschiel

It's just so confusing and takes a lot of effort, I believe.

6/27/2010 #7
Ariadne's Twine

Des- But you get good story ideas (i.e. I'm writing 3 stories I got off of here. Anyone know what 'i.e.' means?)

6/27/2010 #8
Karma's Inferno

Ooh Red, which titles/summaries??

6/27/2010 #9
Ariadne's Twine

The one's that say CLAIMED BY RACHEL E DARE or CLAIMED BY MOI.

Two Much; Shiny, Happy People; and If This Is It.

6/27/2010 #10
SilverCyanide

Anyone know what 'i.e.' means?)

'i.e.,' translates to "that is" (the Latin being 'id est'). (AND IT SHOULD HAVE A COMMA AFTER IT, JUST LIKE e.g.,!)

ETA: Dude, seriously, gaiz.

It's just so confusing and takes a lot of effort, I believe.

They don't need to even be good. First thing that comes to mind. We've got to have ten pages of 'em that went like wildfire back where I got this from. -__-" *will start a new post and reply*

6/27/2010 . Edited 6/27/2010 #11
SilverCyanide

Summaries for the Titles:

1. A Midsummer's Nightmare

He woke, covered in a cold sweat and with his whole body shaking. He had lost count of how many days he'd had the dream, only that the edges between truth and fiction were beginning to blur. Life was reflecting his nightmare.

2. Whispers in the Night

Like the kiss of butterfly wings, her voice tinkled melodiously. "Come with me," she spoke, and the dark sky enveloped them both forever.

3. Knight in Shining Armor

She hated admitting she needed saving. But sometimes--sometimes that's all there really was to say: the you needed someone. And, difficult as it was to deal with, he was still her knight in shining armor.

4. Bittersweet

Chocolate and tears and memories of their last kisses. Because you could not celebrate death, but remembering a life was possible.

5. Final Breath

They hadn't expected him to go this way. Dying in battle, valiantly--that was what they all had imagined. Not hooked to a dozen machines, tubes going in and out, a gaggle of them watching the rise and fall of his chest--updownupdown--and waiting, almost wishing, for his final breath.

Titles for the Summaries:

Intangible Rooftops

1. She'd always been the one to look down at others. She thought she was better than anyone else, but even she was not invincible.

Overcoming the Odds

2. "You're dyslexic? Oh." They'd always said that in her job interviews. They looked down at her, as though she were incapable because of a minor drawback. But Annabeth was determined not to be held back.

Reversing the Irreversible

3. Hades wasn't known for his generosity. When he summons Nico, the boy is suprised to find his father offering him one thing he has always longed for.

Moving Homes

4. She hadn't thought she had a choice. Joining the Hunters was her back door, an escape from the prophecy. Now, Thalia Grace and her Hunters are like family.

(it's a bad title, but...) Insecurities

5. Bullies are always insecure about something, and Clarisse La Rue was no different.

Titles:

1. Yesterday's Tomorrow

2. Gullible as Gummy Bears

3. Girl on the Clouds

4. Sailing No More

5. Childhood's Meadow

Summaries

1. It was a simple dream, just like most. The only difference was the face projected in it. It was hers.

2. Around her, the city thrived, its people rushing to their destinations. For the first time since its creation, she was free to sit, to thrive off of the knowledge that it existed, and nothing more. It was hers.

3. The pretenses dropped, the assumptions ignored, the cordial words they were both used to thrown for the wind. It was now or never, and neither was sure which it would be.

4. It wasn't love he felt, nor lust, nor loathing. It was no emotional describable, yet was a feeling foreign but known. Nonetheless, it was there, engulfing him until even he knew he could not take it.

5. She carefully flipped the pages. They were mostly blank, the backs of postcards left clean and the photographs lacking the properly scrawled captions among their sepia toning. But they were her memories, nonetheless, and that was the most important thing.

6/27/2010 #12
Karma's Inferno

I'm doing this again. Because I find it amazingly amusing.

Titles:

1. Yesterday's Tomorrow - "There's no better day than today," he whispered, his warm breath caressing her face. She knew it was wrong, she wasn's his to hold, but it felt so right. No better day than today. Yesterday was gone, and tomorrow would be too late. Today.

2. Gullible as Gummy Bears - There was always something about gummy bears that he had liked. Maybe it was childish, but then again, Nico was just a kid himself.

3. Girl on the Clouds - She had dreams of flying. Not just cruising on the back of a pegasus, but really flying. A stupid dream, but even a daughter of Ares was allowed to have one of those in her lifetime.

4. Sailing No More - Children of Poseidon weren't supposed to be afraid of water. He felt like he was disappointing everyone, even though they all said they loved him anyways.

5. Childhood's Meadow - Sweeter than the meadows of Elysium were the rare, happy memories of Nico di Angelo's childhood.

Summaries

1. Wishful Thinking - It was a simple dream, just like most. The only difference was the face projected in it. It was hers.

2. Metropolis - Around her, the city thrived, its people rushing to their destinations. For the first time since its creation, she was free to sit, to thrive off of the knowledge that it existed, and nothing more. It was hers.

3. Never or Forever - The pretenses dropped, the assumptions ignored, the cordial words they were both used to thrown for the wind. It was now or never, and neither was sure which it would be.

4. Slowly Going Crazy It wasn't love he felt, nor lust, nor loathing. It was no emotional describable, yet was a feeling foreign but known. Nonetheless, it was there, engulfing him until even he knew he could not take it.

5. Bitter Reminiscing She carefully flipped the pages. They were mostly blank, the backs of postcards left clean and the photographs lacking the properly scrawled captions among their sepia toning. But they were her memories, nonetheless, and that was the most important thing.

And now mine!

Titles

1. Double Dare

2. Cherry Swirl

3. Great Expectations

4. Chocolate Bunnies

5. Fallen Idol

Summaries

1. She had never gotten flowers. Ever. So when a mysterious bouquet shows up in the Ares Cabin, Clarisse doesn't believe it. No one can love a girl like her.

2. He liked the forest. There was something about the way the trees whispered, rustled. It was like the spirits in Asphodel, and it quieted the buzzing in his ears.

3. She was notorious for being vicious, violent. He was the one who uncovered Clarisse LaRue's soft side.

4. She'd always thought mortals were narrow-minded, stupid creatures. She was proved wrong.

5. "Girls can be just as tough as boys!" she remembered shouting, tears slipping down her cheeks as she told those boys off. "I'm tougher," she added, looking back on that memory.

7/2/2010 . Edited 7/2/2010 #13
November Rising

Er, here we go.

Titles

1. Double Dare: "Not only do I dare you," she said, her cool breath wafting over his face. "I double dare you."

2. Cherry Swirl: That smile, the lips a simple cherry red, was enough to end it.

3. Great Expectations: With great plans come great expectations.

4. Chocolate Bunnies: And like chocolate bunnies, she lost shape under great pressure.

5. Fallen Idol: He was their everything. Now he was their nothing. Well, he was going to change that.

Summaries

1. Even Clarisse Needs A Little Love: She had never gotten flowers. Ever. So when a mysterious bouquet shows up in the Ares Cabin, Clarisse doesn't believe it. No one can love a girl like her.

2. Muted Whispers: He liked the forest. There was something about the way the trees whispered, rustled. It was like the spirits in Asphodel, and it quieted the buzzing in his ears.

3. The Only Exception: She was notorious for being vicious, violent. He was the one who uncovered Clarisse LaRue's soft side.

4. An Unexpected Truth: She'd always thought mortals were narrow-minded, stupid creatures. She was proved wrong.

5. Tough: "Girls can be just as tough as boys!" she remembered shouting, tears slipping down her cheeks as she told those boys off. "I'm tougher," she added, looking back on that memory.

Titles:

1. Careful

2. What I'm Waiting For

3. Why AVOs Are A Good Idea

4. Summer Dreams

5. Winter Green

Summaries:

1. What's scarier than a Greek Monster? Your pregnant girlfriend.

2. In the shadows of the night, something sinister lurked.

3. She used to cry at night. He changed that.

4. Sometimes it was easy to forget he was a god. Others, it was nearly impossible.

5. The Gods were angry. And when the Gods are angry, heads will roll...

7/6/2010 #14
Musafreen

Ooookay... let's see where this leads to... Assuming AVOs are the restraining order equivalents in Australia (blame google if I'm wrong);

Summaries for Titles:

1. Careful: Because really, you should pay some attention when you're trying to sneak around a snoring drakon.

2. What I'm Waiting For: Cute blondes standing outside the Empire State Building tend to get hit on. Annabeth Chase learns this the hard way.

3. Why AVOs Are A Good Idea: Because a ten year old Nico Di Angelo could be more dogged than a pack of Hellhounds. And also because he had more chance of surviving that way, really.

4. Summer Dreams: She was sunlight and springtime, the antithesis to his insistent moroseness. And as the Lord of the Dead thinks in his moment of longing, he will get what he wants.

5. Winter Green: She goes underground not because of any particular motherly feelings, but because Persephone's garden is so infinitely preferable to those giant green things littering the landscape. This, however, is classified information.

Titles for Summaries:

1. What's scarier than a Greek Monster? Your pregnant girlfriend. : Chimeras and Cravings

2. In the shadows of the night, something sinister lurked. : The Di Angelo Guide to Invisibility

3. She used to cry at night. He changed that. : Heart of the Traitor

4. Sometimes it was easy to forget he was a god. Others, it was nearly impossible. : Winged Sandals

5. The Gods were angry. And when the Gods are angry, heads will roll... : Anger Management Inc.

----

Aaaand here goes...

Titles

1. Cold hellfire and Quasi-damnation

2. The Intricacies of Tea Ceremonies

3. Catapults

4. Melpomne's Grounds

5. All My Olympians

Summaries

1. And when the coffin glowed with blue heiroglyphs, they wished they had considered alternative psychotic Immortals.

2. She turned away, closed her eyes, and took comfort in the fact that artists were allowed to be delusional.

3. They died and they reformed, personifications of Chaos. No one asked them if they wanted to.

4. You have used the last vestiges of your energy, and somehow managed to transport yourself into the middle of a mafia meeting. Things will not end well.

5. The problem with most demigods is that they don't think twice before hacking through miles of irreplacable vegetation. Questing does not go well with eco-preservation.

-----

Well. That's done. Took a while, but it was fun once I got into it.

Also, Melpomne is the muse of tragedy, for those with a need to know.

7/7/2010 . Edited 7/7/2010 #15
Karma's Inferno

Titles

1. Cold hellfire and Quasi-damnation - The term "when hell freezes over" is usually used to describe something that will never happen. When a massive ice-age like cold sweeps over America, four demigods fear the wrath of some cold-hearted gods.

2. The Intricacies of Tea Ceremonies - "Why are yuou doing this?" "I wanted to try it. It looked like fun." He stared. "You. Are. Crazy."

3. Catapults - Teenagers are in love, and hormones are raging. Like catapults, they throw the two together.

4. Melpomne's Grounds - He was a child of death. She was the Muse of Tragedy. Romance at its best.

5. All My Olympians - They were like a soap opera: sometimes cheap, sometimes cheesy, but always twisted, tangled, and tainted with mistrust.

Summaries

1. Second Thoughts -And when the coffin glowed with blue heiroglyphs, they wished they had considered alternative psychotic Immortals.

2. Crazy - She turned away, closed her eyes, and took comfort in the fact that artists were allowed to be delusional.

3. Live and Let Die - They died and they reformed, personifications of Chaos. No one asked them if they wanted to.

4. Shadows of Crime - You have used the last vestiges of your energy, and somehow managed to transport yourself into the middle of a mafia meeting. Things will not end well.

5. Eco-Friendy - The problem with most demigods is that they don't think twice before hacking through miles of irreplacable vegetation. Questing does not go well with eco-preservation.

...And now mine.

Titles

1) Summer Sadness

2) Shades of Gray

3) Love Lost

4) Paradise

5) Forbidden

Summaries

1) There are some things you just can't do with a broken leg and a bad temper.

2) I love him, I love him not. She kept up the rhythmic chant until all the flower petals were gone.

3) "It's official," she said solemnly. "Aphrodite hates me."

4) A smile can mean a lot. It can mean, "how was your day?", "glad to see you!", or "I miss you and I'm trying to hide the pain."

5) It was a never-ending cycle. Cry, scream, sleep, wake, cry, fake, smile, cry, scream, sleep, wake, cry, fake, smile. Maybe he would break the sequence. (MINE!)

7/8/2010 . Edited 7/8/2010 #16
Ariadne's Twine

Titles

1) Summer Sadness- The heat swelled, the birds sang, but for Rachel Elizabeth Dare, summer brought nothing but sadness. For summer meant he had to go to camp.

2) Shades of Gray- People thought there were only two sides: Titans or gods. What happened to Switzerland?

3) Love Lost- The worst thing that could ever happen was to lose someone you love. Thalia Grace learned this the hard way.

4) Paradise- Why not try for three? The Isles of Blest. That's what everybody wants, right? But there's always trouble in paradise.

5) Forbidden- People should learn, they really need to learn. Once you say something is forbidden, it gets O so sweeter.

Summaries

1) Life Lessons- There are some things you just can't do with a broken leg and a bad temper.

2) Sunflowers- I love him, I love him not. She kept up the rhythmic chant until all the flower petals were gone.

3) Love Is An Illusion- "It's official," she said solemnly. "Aphrodite hates me."

4) Unheard Thoughts- A smile can mean a lot. It can mean, "how was your day?", "glad to see you!", or "I miss you and I'm trying to hide the pain."

5) Optimism Only Brings Pain- It was a never-ending cycle. Cry, scream, sleep, wake, cry, fake, smile, cry, scream, sleep, wake, cry, fake, smile. Maybe he would break the sequence.

NEXT PERSON

Titles

1) Finis Origine Pendet (translation: The End Depends Upon the Beginning)

2) As We Know It

3) Of Fingerprints and the Forbidden

4) As We Fall

5) What It Takes

Summaries

1) He stood on the sidelines. Watching, hoping, praying. But sometimes, the gods just don't listen.

2) She ran, sreaming through the streets. "It's coming!" And then, someone stepped on the spider.

3) When the lights go out, he is at his highest level of comfort.

4) When you fall, you fall hard. You have to have someone to help you up. But what if no one is there?

5) In the end, it was still the same. It would never change. And he knew that.

7/8/2010 . Edited 7/8/2010 #17
Musafreen

Summaries for Titles

1) Finis Origine Pendet : The gods were selfish, careless and cruel. Their children were heros. Apples don't fall that far from trees.

2) As We Know It : Hidden from the eyes of immortals and mortals alike, the Fates weave their tapestry.

3) Of Fingerprints and the Forbidden : A series of mysterious murders plague the city. The victims are prominent members of society, the perpetrators appear to have magical powers. Enter Clarisse La Rue, NYPD.

4) As We Fall : They were conceived as beings of lesser importance, and over millennia, the respect they had due to them only grew less. As history shows, dissatisfaction is usually followed by rebellion.

5) What It Takes : Because that bimbo was going to have her man over her rotting corpse, or not at all.

Titles for Summaries

1) A Father's Lament : He stood on the sidelines. Watching, hoping, praying. But sometimes, the gods just don't listen.

2) Operation Arachnid : She ran, sreaming through the streets. "It's coming!" And then, someone stepped on the spider.

3) Blind Comfort : When the lights go out, he is at his highest level of comfort.

4) Independence : When you fall, you fall hard. You have to have someone to help you up. But what if no one is there?

5) Cutting the Threads : In the end, it was still the same. It would never change. And he knew that.

---

Next Person;

Titles

1. Crumbling Cookies

2. Call of the Hunt

3. In the Forge

4. We are as Mayflies

5. Delphic

Summaries

1. Forget fighting monsters; those battle reflexes were perfect for basketball.

2. Once a decade, their mother made them spend some quality time with each other. Lunar and solar eclipses usually followed.

3. She can never decide what would be worse; the Fields of Punishment or the sheer monotony of Asphodel.

4. Quoth the goddess, 'Nevermore'.

5. Vampires, Rachel decided, throwing the book aside with a snort, were getting really overdone.

---

Disclaimer: Summary number four is gleefully lifted from Edgar Allen Poe.

7/9/2010 . Edited 7/9/2010 #18
Karma's Inferno

Titles

1. Crumbling Cookies - Sometimes life just isn't fair, and that's just how the cookie crumbles.

2. Call of the Hunt - Being a hunter wasn't just about being a hunter. It was the adventure, the intrigue of immortality on the run.

3. In the Forge - Like many others, Charles Beckendorf had a place where he liked to be to clear his mind and just relax.

4. We are as Mayflies - They buzzed, twittered, bumbled, and were constantly confused. Ah, teenagers in love.

5. Delphic - Being the Oracle of Delphi was tedious work. So she could see the future. If only she knew what the future held for her love life.

Summaries

1. All-Star - Forget fighting monsters; those battle reflexes were perfect for basketball. (This made me think of LeBron James... I've lost all hope for Ohio sports. Thanks much, LBJ.)

2. Bonding - Once a decade, their mother made them spend some quality time with each other. Lunar and solar eclipses usually followed.

3. Variety - She can never decide what would be worse; the Fields of Punishment or the sheer monotony of Asphodel.

4.Vows - Quoth the goddess, 'Nevermore'.

5. Twilight Fever - Vampires, Rachel decided, throwing the book aside with a snort, were getting really overdone.

Titles

1) Mismatched

2) Gardens

3) Muted Emotions

4) Sparkling Water

5) The Days of Grape Popsicles

Summaries

1) Babies fuss, children whine, and tempers are tested.

2) He thought the illegal food-smuggling was going well, until Mr. D. punished all of the campers for it...

3) "My mom used to tell me bedtime stories about the gods," she told him. "I think I like them better in fairy-tale form."

4) With a single kiss, wishes were granted and dreams were crushed.

5) She attempted to find the true meaning of life. To most, it was all about money, posessions, power. She had different views.

7/9/2010 #19
Musafreen

This, is fun. *rubs hands gleefully*

Summaries for Titles

1) Mismatched : Chris Rodreiguez was not overly fond of swords. Clarisse La Rue couldn't go twenty-four hous without a fight. Love is never simple.

2) Gardens : He loves Percy and Annabeth, he really does. But Juniper understands him in a way neither of them can.

3) Muted Emotions : Goddess of wisdom, goddess of war. Just sometimes, she wonders what it might be like to forget her roles.

4) Sparkling Water : Of course Goode High had to use the Dare donation to build a massive aquarium. Damn fishy soap operas.

5) The Days of Grape Popsicles : Against all odds, everyone wanted a lemon popsicle. Babysitting his new siblings was steadily leeching away at what was left of Percy Jackson's sanity.

Titles for Summaries

1) Daycare for Demigods : Babies fuss, children whine, and tempers are tested.

2) A Sea of Scapegoats : He thought the illegal food-smuggling was going well, until Mr. D. punished all of the campers for it...

3) Winter Solstice : "My mom used to tell me bedtime stories about the gods," she told him. "I think I like them better in fairy-tale form."

4) The Third Wheel : With a single kiss, wishes were granted and dreams were crushed.

5) Hot-blooded : She attempted to find the true meaning of life. To most, it was all about money, posessions, power. She had different views.

---

Next person;

Titles

1. Dragons and Damsels

2. War Stories

3. Fairyland

4. Prisoners of the Fates

5. Cantilevers

Summaries

1. The fact that she was named after the muse of comedy is unremarkable. The irony of it isn't.

2. Immortality has some strange effects on her brain; she keeps recalling things she hadn't even thought about before.

3. That day, he discovered that the word deoxyrybonucleicacid was almost as effective as a primal scream and a couple of magic swords.

4. "When the Library of Alexandria burned down," said Hades testily, "where do you think all the scrolls went?"

5. "My aircraft carrier is much bigger that your aircraft."

7/9/2010 . Edited 7/9/2010 #20
SilverCyanide

Summaries for Titles

1. Dragons and Damsels: He knew deep inside that Silena was far too strong to really be the typical damsel in distress, but that didn't matter to him at the moment. It was his fantasy, after all, and he was welcome to deep whatever he liked. As long as she never found out.

2. War Stories: When they learned who he was, children always asked him to tell them stories of his youth, of the war and of his bravery and his feats. He never did. His fighting had been to save them from the war of their elders; he wasn't about to put them in it.

3. Fairyland: Little lights danced around her face, and the young child clapped happily. Her chubby hand extended to grab one of the small creatures. High above, the child's mother watched her. These few moments of comfort--they were the least she could do.

4. Prisoners of the Fates: Struggle all you wanted, try all you might, but there was one thing he had learned well. Things were set in stone. The Fates declared it.

5. Cantilevers: They were her trademark in the design of buildings. The more there were, the more obvious she'd designed it. And yet, they were never random. They had their purpose, their meaning. And it was for more than support.

Titles for Summaries

Never the Joker

1. The fact that she was named after the muse of comedy is unremarkable. The irony of it isn't.

Long Ago Lost

2. Immortality has some strange effects on her brain; she keeps recalling things she hadn't even thought about before.

Recreated

3. That day, he discovered that the word deoxyrybonucleicacid was almost as effective as a primal scream and a couple of magic swords.

In Front of Your Eyes

4. "When the Library of Alexandria burned down," said Hades testily, "where do you think all the scrolls went?"

My Aircraft Brings All the Boys to the Yard

5. "My aircraft carrier is much bigger that your aircraft."

(Sorry, couldn't resist that one. :3)

Titles:

1. Strawberry Kissed Sunshine

2. Homesick at Space Camp

3. Did You Write the Book of Love?

4. Compound Interests

5. Cracking the Mask

Summaries:

1. They say home is where the heart is, and he can believe that. The problem is that he doesn't know where his heart is.

2. Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all--that was what they told her. It was times like these that made her wonder if they had ever loved and lost.

3. Demigods were supposed to be strong; they were, after all, half god. So how was it that she could succumb to such a mortal disease?

4. She smiled at him, her eyes twinkling with a kind of forbidden glee. For once, she herself didn't stop from smiling back.

5. The baby gurgled, little fingers and toes waving manically in the air. It was a joyous scene. Yet, for her, it meant the end of the supposed rest of her life.

7/12/2010 #21
Musafreen

Okay, seriously. Why aren't more people doing this?! It's fun! XD

---

Summaries for Titles:

1. Strawberry Kissed Sunshine : Truly, the end of the world was not something he wanted to hasten. But then she came, sweet and beautiful and sad, eyes as changable as his ocean; and he couldn't help himself.

2. Homesick at Space Camp : "Lava rock-climbing and pegasus stables can't hold a candle to my Dad's angel-food cake."

3. Did You Write the Book of Love? : Apollo hits on his virginal Oracle. Rachel is not amused.

4. Compound Interests : Clarisse could use axes, chain-hammers, javelins, spears, maces and swords. So why was Silena insisting she had one-dimensional hobbies?

5. Cracking the Mask : People kept forgetting that beyond all the haikus and obnoxiousness, he was as old and as powerful as the rest of the Olympians.

Titles for Summaries:

1. The Lost Boys : They say home is where the heart is, and he can believe that. The problem is that he doesn't know where his heart is.

2. In Retrospect : Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all--that was what they told her. It was times like these that made her wonder if they had ever loved and lost.

3. Humanity : Demigods were supposed to be strong; they were, after all, half god. So how was it that she could succumb to such a mortal disease?

4. Girls Talk : She smiled at him, her eyes twinkling with a kind of forbidden glee. For once, she herself didn't stop from smiling back.

5. Trading Lives : The baby gurgled, little fingers and toes waving manically in the air. It was a joyous scene. Yet, for her, it meant the end of the supposed rest of her life.

---

Titles

1. Supercooled Liquids

2. Oceans Apart

3. The Perils of Being Camp Director

4. A Dislocated Retina

5. Relationship Strategy

Summaries

1. "The name is La Rue," her eyes narrowed, "Clarisse La Rue."

2. 'Master of thy fate, Captain of thy soul.' Sometimes, Zoe Nightshade had to admit, even mortal men got things right.

3. She knows that when in Olympus, classical is the way to go. But that doesn't stop her from wistfully designing a few Gothic temples.

4. You could tell life was unfair when you couldn't even go swimming in the sea without your psychotic classmates in a yacht catching sight of you.

5. Sally makes blue cookies. Nico helps her out.

---

Disclaimer : In summary two, Zoe is quoting (sort of) from the last two lines of William Ernest Henley's (spell?) poem Invictus.

7/13/2010 #22
Karma's Inferno

Titles

1. Supercooled Liquids - He was stoic, unemotional. He was like ice.

2. Oceans Apart - They were close physically, but mentally, they were in different worlds.

3. The Perils of Being Camp Director - "Who threw up on the climbing wall?!?" For Dionysus, life at Camp Half-Blood wasn't all fun and games.

4. A Dislocated Retina - Tears slipped down her cheeks. "I know it's you, but I can't see."

5. Relationship Strategy - When Percy tries playing hard to get, Annabeth just rolls her eyes. Hasn't he tried that in enough OOC fics?

Summaries

1. Dangerous is spelled C-L-A-R-I-S-S-E -"The name is La Rue," her eyes narrowed, "Clarisse La Rue."

2. Huntress in Control -'Master of thy fate, Captain of thy soul.' Sometimes, Zoe Nightshade had to admit, even mortal men got things right.

3. Deviation - She knows that when in Olympus, classical is the way to go. But that doesn't stop her from wistfully designing a few Gothic temples.

4. Sailboats in the Summertime - You could tell life was unfair when you couldn't even go swimming in the sea without your psychotic classmates in a yacht catching sight of you.

5. A Li'l Bit of Sugah -Sally makes blue cookies. Nico helps her out.

Titles

1) Cherry Lip Gloss and the True Meaning of Life

2) Blueberry Whispers

3) Things that go Bump in the Night

4) Too Close for Comfort

5) Corn Mush and Cowboys

Summaries

1) Being saved by a GIRL? How humiliating!

2) He was a child of death, and he wasn't afraid of it. He was afraid of being forgotten.

3) "Never say never," she whispered coyly. "Anything is perfectly possible."

4) If only her Once Upon a Time could have ended with Happily Ever After.

5) Her one wish was that she had said goodbye when she had the chance, because sometimes the Fates don't give you another try for the right words.

7/13/2010 #23
Ariadne's Twine

Titles

1) Cherry Lip Gloss and the True Meaning of Life- Forty-two tubes of cherry lip gloss. "Are all of these really necessary?" Beckendorf asked. Silena just looked at him like he was crazy.

2) Blueberry Whispers- He sits on the edge of the lake, looking out at the deep blue sky, as the wind whispers by.

3) Things that go Bump in the Night- He never wanted to do this. So when Rachel Elizabeth Dare finds Nico at the bottom of her chimney, dressed in a red jumpsuit and carrying a burlap sack, none is all too happy.

4) Too Close for Comfort- Percy had always envied Annabeth's crush on Luke. Now she wants them to be friends? Like that's happening.

5) Corn Mush and Cowboys- When Nico di Angelo's father said that he would be staying at a ranch for the summer, he had no idea what was in store for him.

Summaries

1) Of Pride and Painful Beings- Being saved by a GIRL? How humiliating!

2) What Was Left- He was a child of death, and he wasn't afraid of it. He was afraid of being forgotten.

3) As If- "Never say never," she whispered coyly. "Anything is perfectly possible."

4) Stupid Cliches- If only her Once Upon a Time could have ended with Happily Ever After.

5) Careless Whispers- Her one wish was that she had said goodbye when she had the chance, because sometimes the Fates don't give you another try for the right words.

Titles

1) And In the Darkness, We'll Find the Ending

2) Out of Left Field

3) The Unexpected Contender

4) The Walls Are Falling

5) Close Proximity

Summaries

1) "All hail, King Percy."

2) It's always the last place you look. "Of course it is! Why would I keep looking after I found it? Dolt Prophecies."

3) After all of this, this is what we come down to?

4) She's survived fires, hunger, fights, and any other near-death-experiences; but she can't talk to a boy?

5) Nico di Angelo sits alone on the beach, with nothing but his solitude to keep him company. And he thinks, maybe, just maybe, he won't always be alone.

7/13/2010 #24
Karma's Inferno

Titles

1) And In the Darkness, We'll Find the Ending - Because death was meant to end everything. Maybe it would be her beginning.

2) Out of Left Field - "What the hell!?" he asked. Where did that desire, that idea come from? "It was just a thought..."

3) The Unexpected Contender - No one ever would've guessed that perhaps he could be the child of the prophecy.

4) The Walls Are Falling - Their world was crumbling. The tiny stronghold they'd built, that fortress of protection and comfort was going up in smoke.

5) Close Proximity - "Personal space," she whispered, feeling nervous. Hadn't she read in one of those magazines that when a boy leans in like that, he wants a kiss?

Summaries

1) Immortal Dream - "All hail, King Percy."

2) The Search is On -It's always the last place you look. "Of course it is! Why would I keep looking after I found it? Dolt Prophecies."

3) Last-Ditch Effort - After all of this, this is what we come down to?

4) Stuttering Hero - She's survived fires, hunger, fights, and any other near-death-experiences; but she can't talk to a boy?

5) When Springtime Comes - Nico di Angelo sits alone on the beach, with nothing but his solitude to keep him company. And he thinks, maybe, just maybe, he won't always be alone.

Titles

1) Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary

2) Garden of Sorrow

3) Fleeting Beauty

4) The Penny Jar

5) Seven-Year-Old Secrets

Summaries

1) Because ponies and lip gloss and bubblegum didn't exactly appeal to Clarisse La Rue.

2) The girl may've been smart, but sometimes she just lacked common sense.

3) In the end, she'd discover that her knight in shining armor was merely a hormonal teenager in tinfoil.

4) Calypso found it unfair; the gods pressured their children to support them, but they exiled her for loyalty to her father.

5) Now that he was on a raft on the way to Long Island, Percy was having second thoughts.

7/19/2010 #25
asimplecritic

Titles

1) Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary - It was in her very nature to argue. Even when she knew when that she was dead wrong.

2) Garden of Sorrow - Persephone wanders through her garden, her only comfort in this prison.

3) Fleeting Beauty - She clung to her beauty, because it was the last thing she had left.

4) The Penny Jar - Every time he said a bad word, he had to put a penny in the jar. After a week they needed a new jar.

5) Seven-Year-Old Secrets - He had always prided herself on being able to keep secrets. But after seven years, this secret was starting to eat him alive.

Summaries

1) Tomboy - Because ponies and lip gloss and bubblegum didn't exactly appeal to Clarisse La Rue.

2) Book Smarts - The girl may've been smart, but sometimes she just lacked common sense.

3) Fairy Tales Suck - In the end, she'd discover that her knight in shining armor was merely a hormonal teenager in tinfoil.

4) Hypocrisy - Calypso found it unfair; the gods pressured their children to support them, but they exiled her for loyalty to her father.

5) Regrets - Now that he was on a raft on the way to Long Island, Percy was having second thoughts.

Titles

1) Oh Crap

2) Wandering Dream

3) Wrong Side

4) Confession

5) Love is Crap

Summaries

1) In the end, we're really not all the different.

2) When you get attacked by a giant fire breathing lizard and brush it off as nothing, you know you're life is messed up.

3) "I hate everyone!" he yelled. "Including me?" she asked.

4) He turned up the music to drown out the screaming voices inside his head.

5) It never ends. Just when you think everything is over, it just comes back stronger than ever.

7/19/2010 #26
Ariadne's Twine

Titles

1) Oh Crap- And when the guards aligned, they knew they were in trouble. Movie-verse.

2) Wandering Dream- If only, if only. That was all she had ever known.

3) Wrong Side- The gates closed with a loud click. Annabeth turned her head to the door, and heard Percy beating on the other side.

4) Confession- "Well, you see..." It's definitely easier to do something wrong than it is to admit it.

5) Love is Crap- The flowers, the chocolates-- it all made her sick.

Summaries

1) Conformity- In the end, we're really not all the different.

2) A Therapist's Dream- When you get attacked by a giant fire breathing lizard and brush it off as nothing, you know you're life is messed up.

3) Taboo Kisses- "I hate everyone!" he yelled. "Including me?" she asked.

4) Company- He turned up the music to drown out the screaming voices inside his head.

5) The Cycle of the Hydra- It never ends. Just when you think everything is over, it just comes back stronger than ever.

Titles

1) All Time Low

2) Of Quicksand and Forest Rangers

3) Things That Go Bump In the Night

4) The Last Breath

5) Hamlet's Continental Breakfast

Summaries

1) "Well, la di da. Look what we have here."

2) He had had enough of near-death experiences to know that the gibbering idiot was lying the moment he stepped throught the barrier.

3) When Nico di Angelo couldn't sleep at night, it was trouble for everyone. (Claimed by Karma's Inferno)

4) Rachel Elizabeth Dare had always wondered why her dad was never happy. Now she knew.

5) If this is what we have to do to save the world, then so be it.

7/19/2010 . Edited 7/19/2010 #27
asimplecritic

Titles

1) All Time Low - He had reached rock bottom before, why does it hurt so much more this time?

2) Of Quicksand and Forest Rangers - A camping trip gone horribly, horribly, horribly wrong.

3) Things That Go Bump In the Night - Monsters aren't the only things that go bump in the night.

4) The Last Breath -With my last breath I say this confession.

5) Hamlet's Continental Breakfast - Daydreams in English class are always interesting.

Summaries

1) Payback - "Well, la di da. Look what we have here."

2) Danger Magnet - He had had enough of near-death experiences to know that the gibbering idiot was lying the moment he stepped through the barrier.

3) Insomnia - When Nico di Angelo couldn't sleep at night, it was trouble for everyone.

4) Greed - Rachel Elizabeth Dare had always wondered why her dad was never happy. Now she knew.

5) Sacrifice - If this is what we have to do to save the world, then so be it.

7/19/2010 #28
Karma's Inferno

Titles

1) All Time Low - So here she was, thirteen years after the War of the Titans, serving milkshakes and fries in McDonald's. It was official: Clarisse La Rue had hit rock bottom.

2) Of Quicksand and Forest Rangers - "I told you a 'real camping experience' was a bad idea. Do you EVER listen?"

3) Things That Go Bump In the Night - When Rachel Dare awakens in the middle of the night to some creepy noises, she finds one person to hold her close. (Um... I think I'm gonna claim this for now.)

4) The Last Breath - As he slipped away into the Underworld, there was one person he wanted to be with, and she was with his hero of a cousin.

5) Hamlet's Continental Breakfast - "I don't want your damn eggs and bacon!" "Methinks he's angry."

Summaries

1) Doo Dah Day - "Well, la di da. Look what we have here."

2) Pants on Fire - He had had enough of near-death experiences to know that the gibbering idiot was lying the moment he stepped throught the barrier.

3) The Insomniac Diaries - When Nico di Angelo couldn't sleep at night, it was trouble for everyone. (Rachel, do you mind if I claim this one? *hopeful face*)

4) All the Money in the World - Rachel Elizabeth Dare had always wondered why her dad was never happy. Now she knew.

5) Last Resort - If this is what we have to do to save the world, then so be it.

Titles

1) Of Drakons and Desk Jobs

2) Silent Night

3) Where the Wild Things Are

4) With Bated Breath

5) Hook, Line, and Sinker

Summaries

1) Some demigods were more comfortable relaxing in their bunks as opposed to questing.

2) He was sometimes sweet, sometimes kind, but more often than not, Percy Jackson annoyed the Hades out of Annabeth Chase.

3) When your PMSing daughter-of-Ares girlfriend wants chocolate, your ass better get her some chocolate.

4) Death. They all knew it too well. It had taken so many of their friends in its cold clutches. How could they befriend the one who was death, and not much more?

5) Some called him crazy, others said insane. The way he looked at it, he wasn't in a mental hospital YET.

7/19/2010 . Edited 7/19/2010 #29
Ariadne's Twine

Titles

1) Of Drakons and Desk Jobs- So this is how they treat heroes now? No, she didn't care that this was the real world. She had saved it for gods' sake! And all they had her doing was filing papers.

2) Silent Night- No, this wasn't like the Christmas Carol. Things weren't silent out of respect; it was silent because there was nobody left to make noise.

3) Where the Wild Things Are- These beasts weren't the ones of fairy tales. They were bred killers, and they were after us.

4) With Bated Breath- Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock. When someone you love is in danger, time seems to stop.

5) Hook, Line, and Sinker- Percy never regretted letting his dad teach him how to fish. Not once.

Summaries

1) Recovery Time- Some demigods were more comfortable relaxing in their bunks as opposed to questing.

2) Communication Issues- He was sometimes sweet, sometimes kind, but more often than not, Percy Jackson annoyed the Hades out of Annabeth Chase.

3) In the Knick of Time- When your PMSing daughter-of-Ares girlfriend wants chocolate, your ass better get her some chocolate.

4) Alone In Cabin 13- Death. They all knew it to well. It had taken so many of their friends in its cold clutches. How could they befriend the one who was death, and not much more?

5) Playground Games- Some called him crazy, others said insane. The way he looked at it, he wasn't in a mental hospital YET.

Titles

1) Of Water Guns and Wet Noses

2) Cooler Than Me

3) Living In the Past

4) Stupid Glitches

5) Fun Times, Straight Ahead.

Summaries

1) Children of death weren't expected to socialize. They most definitely were not supposed to create life.

2) The bane of his existence, it was.

3) "Live long, and prosp-- Oh, you're dead. Nevermind."

4) When death comes calling at your door, don't answer it.

5) Having the God of the Sky as your father didn't make it any easier to fit in. Thalia Grace learned that the hard way.

7/19/2010 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: storm-brain Your Sugar Sits Untouched, Kay Celestine, Aish Sheva, queenly
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member