Veritaville
we are the Veritas. By definition, the Veritas are not a cult, we are a political party dedicated to trying to make the fandom a better place. Or just chatting. Whatever strikes us.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
paschiel

My friend, John, was trying to get me to laugh today. He said, "Rain is God's way of showering the homeless people.". I laughed until I cried, even though it wasn't that funny. This GMH. =]

6/24/2010 #31
Kap487

The following things give me hope:

1. My sister

2. Music

3. Thoughtful things on the Internet

6/25/2010 #32
JessieRedbird

My best friend, Amber, knows about everything I've been going through. I know she's pretty tight with her parents and that they're not particularly well off. Today she invited me on holiday to Italy with them to get away from everything. Her consideration and kindness GMH.

6/26/2010 #33
storm-brain

Jess, I gotta say: you're pretty lucky to live in a place where you are pretty close to Italy. Going to Europe is huge over here. : ) have fun. You deserve it.

6/26/2010 #34
Infinity Blues

I have thought about suicide many times, because my RL friends are abandoning me because I'm "child-ish". I was set into depression, but I never let it show because I thought you guys wouldnt care. This is the first time I'm telling you that, and I have confidence that you'll comfort me. you know why? Because you guys are the real people who... GMH.

6/26/2010 #35
JessieRedbird

Storm: -glomps- Thanks, hon. Going to America, is huge over here. Like OMG YOU WENT TO THE STATES?!!?! huge.

Luna: -glomps-

TODAY I MET AN ELDERLY COUPLE who both had mobility scooters. They deliberately got scooters with controls on opposite sides, just so they could hold hands when driving along, side by side. Their love GMH.

------------------------------------------

My best friend died in a car accident on his way to deliver me soup for my cold.

Found in his car was also a bouquet of flowers and a card that read:

"We've been best friends for the last 5 years. Now, let's be lovers for the next 50."

He GMH for humanity.

6/26/2010 . Edited 6/26/2010 #36
storm-brain

That's kinda funny. About the states. Because it's big enough that it's always a big deal if you go to NYC or Florida or Hawaii. Hawaii is the "OMG UR SO LUCKEEEE" one.

6/26/2010 #37
OceanMuse

Hiya!

6/26/2010 #38
Ariadne's Twine

Compassion for others GMH.

6/26/2010 #39
SilverCyanide

I'm bumping this, but not with an official GMH nor with one from myself. I'm just leaving a copy and pasted message.

Not sure if you know, but the person who started GMH was Emerson Spartz. (Potter fans, the name should sound familiar.) I'm friends with him on Facebook (in a fan-admirer sort of way; they guy's got so many friends he can't add more since you can't go over 5,000) and so his statuses show up on my newsfeed. This was the most recent one:

We get so many msgs from people saying GMH stopped them from suicide (hundreds), I'd actually become kind of numb to them. But I just read one and shamelessly cried like a baby. Who am I to have this kind of impact in the lives of so many people I don't even know? It was just one lucky idea... and I wish I could do so much more. I feel a tremendous sense of responsibility.

So, I guess... Emerson Spartz still GMH.

6/28/2010 #40
paschiel

Today, I got an email saying that Karma's Inferno had sent me a message. Never mind the fact that she had sent me that message hours ago. I started thinking about how fucked up fanfiction was and I amused myself so much I laughed until I cried. My insanity GMH.

7/1/2010 #41
Infinity Blues
My friend, lifeisabook, wrote a good story, and I nominated it for the Veritas award. She emailed me over the top excited about it, and I felt great that I had made her so happy, because she's been really depressed since she moved away from where I live. Her happiness gave me and her both hope.
7/2/2010 #42
Cascading Rainbows
Jess: I nearly cried when I read yours. Your post GMH. A while ago, my mom stopped at a stoplight, and I saw a man on the sidewalk, holding up a cardboard sign. I told my mom to give him some change, so she gave me 2 dollars. Lowering the window, I gave him the change. Suddenly, his face broke out into a smile, and we engaged in a conversation. We talked about things in life, and he told me to never give up and things would get better. Right before the light turned green, he told me, "God Bless You," and waved. I waved as my mom drove away. The man had so much impact on me, and his message to me to never give up just made my day. The man, his kindness, and his upbeat nature in times of hardship GMH.
7/6/2010 #43
CassiLynn

One day I walked into school after my mom drove me in. In the drive she told me I was worthless, and a bunch of other things, and I was balling my eyes out. I was still crying when I got into the school when my Spanish teacher saw me. I was never really close to her (the teacher) and I wasn't the best student either, but she came over and gave me a huge hug and calmed me down telling me my mom probably had a bad day. That was one of the nicest things ever done for me, and it has helped me out, knowing that people do care about me, even in the slightest. She gave me hope that it will all get better. GMH

7/15/2010 #44
Infinity Blues
Yesterday my kinda sorta boyfriend from camp called me. He didn't get my number at camp, so he called the camp for it. After about 5 minutes, he had already made my day. We met up at a cafe on my city, and it remnded me that we were not over.
7/22/2010 #45
compilationerror

I started exercising again. I am happy. This gives me hope that life can be happy.

7/22/2010 #46
SharpenedPencil

I was having a bad day after I got some dismal news that evening: There was a thunderstorm outside and my next door neighbor's house had been shot by lightning. The firemen came and everything. I was worried about the family's welfare while I was babysitting my little brother. He asked me, "Wanna play cars?" as he pulled out two toy race cars from his toy box. I shook my head, saying "Nah." But he persisted and said, "Which car do you wanna be?" I sighed irritably. "Which car do you wanna be?" I asked him back. He sighed. "I don't really care. I just really want you to be happy."

His love and appreciation GMH.

&&

This one particular day recently, I was feeling guilty and all icky because I had done a lot of bad things. I wanted to become a better person but didn't think I could, and I thought the person I had wronged would never give me a second chance. I was flipping through the TV channels at the same time, when my little brother jumped onto the couch, accidently pushing me off. I was really irritated with him but then I noticed where the channels had stopped on the TV when I had dropped the remote. It was that Avatar: The Last Airbender show that I used to watch a ton when I was little. In the show, this old guy (someone's uncle...?) was sitting down with two other younger guys. One of the younger guys said, "I've done a lot of things in my past I'm not proud of. That's why I'm heading to Ba Sing Se, for a new beginning." And the old guy replied, "I believe people can change their lives if they want. I believe in second chances." I was really inspired by that.

Random inspirational moments in life like that GMH.

7/22/2010 . Edited 7/22/2010 #47
Thursday 13

Pencil- See the movie

I ride with my brother's three year old friend to school everyday, and everyday she gives me a big hug.

7/22/2010 #48
SharpenedPencil
I was doing a survey on how many selfish people would make a ridiculously egocentric wish if they could. I went to Critic and asked her, "If you could make one wish that would definitely come true, what would it be?" Her response was, "That my dad would get better." I was touched. Her selflessness GMH. Thursday- I plan to
7/23/2010 . Edited 7/23/2010 #49
The Evil Sniff

So before I leave for some time I'll tell you one thing that gave me hope in a considerate way.

Last year when I went to visit my father's cemetery, I saw an elderly man. He was praying and giving a blessing... to every single grave in the cemetery. Although the action was small and would be considered strange it made me smile. That was the first and last time I smiled in that place.

7/27/2010 #50
paschiel

Today I got an email from a friend of mine, Kayla, who I have not talked to in three years, since I moved to Chicago. She had, somehow, heard about Madison and Nathanial and sent me an email simply asking if I was okay. Concern from an old friend GMH.

(Okay, hopefully saying "Old friend" wasn't stretching it a bit since it has only been three years but still. =])

7/27/2010 #51
IamTheRaven

I had a friend like yours, des. But she found the strength to take her offender to court and she was saved before she committed suicide. It's important to give people that special support. Was Madison a really close friend? It must have been hard to lose her.

7/27/2010 #52
the tiniest pyre

Saying "old friend" is, indeed, not stretched, Willie. I call my friend who I haven't seen in four years an "old friend". Old friends are awesome. -huggles for all-

7/27/2010 #53
SharpenedPencil

I have this dream of me going out and [doing something] and one day at Church, I was thinking about how I'd ever get the chance to do it, because it seemed so impossible. But when I looked up and regained my attention for what my Pastor was teaching, the first thing I heard was, "God will make a way."

"Coincidental" moments like that GMH.

8/9/2010 #54
The Midnight Doe

One of my best friends has Down Syndrome. Her name is Grace, but I call her Gracie. Gracie's impossible not to love. Last year, during the talent show, she sang Don't Stop Believing by Journey. She won.

Grace GMH everyday.

8/10/2010 #55
Infinity Blues

I think that people should use this thread more, because it truly GMH.

8/19/2010 #56
compilationerror

School was wonderful, educational and entertaining today, which Gives Me Hope.

8/27/2010 #57
paschiel

The fact that my teacher, Mrs. H, still treats me the same GMH. Though, really, she is brilliant. *lurves in a completely family-like way without the incest*

Oh, and the fact that my brother, Ean, can still stay slightly sane and go to school, talk to his friends, and come home and talk to ME quite a bit GMH too. *huggles brother*

8/27/2010 . Edited 8/27/2010 #58
hhhfhfhfhfhf

Since I started to go to high school (age: 12) there has been two deaths on the same date exactly one year apart (May 7th) The first one of was a boy in my reg class that I knew and the next was a boy i didn't but I cried lot both of those days and both of those day my friends and teacher all comforted me and told me it wouldn't happen again, I am going to hold them to that this year.

But my brother always cheered my up and gave me hope both times :)

He can be so sweet :)

8/31/2010 . Edited 8/31/2010 #59
Fishpony

Moments when my friend and I talk about normal school stuff and she all of a sudden blurts out "Oh yeah, I 'm going to Fairyland this afternoon want to come?" and I say "Sorry I'm digging a tunnel to China today" GMH

8/31/2010 #60
« Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: storm-brain Your Sugar Sits Untouched, Kay Celestine, Aish Sheva, hecates
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member